Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm American and I still didn't make the Nassar/Biles connection. I thought it was just par for the course "being lovely about mental health" and she was just stressed about having the Olympic spotlight on her.

You might say Max's raps have layers of context - getting shittier the deeper you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

In conclusion, wrestling is a land of contrasts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

In conclusion, wrestling is a land of contrasts.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I don't like this discourse anymore and I feel bad for engaging.

there's an entire dead forum for people who don't like hearing or seeing discussion about the bad things Wrestlers do: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=681

go there

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shout out to all the posters of the morning in America who will be excited for so many posts surely Danielson and Punk are confirmed or maybe Cole is signed.

Alas my friend, a jobber cut the pipe bomb of rape jokes instead

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

I only fight at Newark Penn Station

lmao was that you that got dragged off the coastline last thursday then?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

lmao was that you that got dragged off the coastline last thursday then?

nah that was Tom

tom had a bad day

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

luchadornado posted:

I'm American and I still didn't make the Nassar/Biles connection. I thought it was just par for the course "being lovely about mental health" and she was just stressed about having the Olympic spotlight on her.

You might say Max's raps have layers of context - getting shittier the deeper you go.

"in what some are describing as 'the worst double down in history', Max Caster took to twitter to clarify his Simone Biles line,"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Let Go Caster

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

nah that was Tom

tom had a bad day

i saw a TC get into a physical altercation with the conductor b/c the conductor was berating him in front of everyone last week i love jersey

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NuTqBd_ycHA&feature=youtu.be

Caster’s new intro rap

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

fez_machine posted:

there's an entire dead forum for people who don't like hearing or seeing discussion about the bad things Wrestlers do: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=681

go there

I was worried we wouldn't make this about ourselves.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Long-Time Lurker posted:

People who aren't American and/or into sports (particularly gymnastics) probably wouldn't have known about this up until now. For example, me.

well good thing this wasnt on an american sports-style program with lots of acrobatics

wait, poo poo!!!!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
issuing correction on a previous rap of mine, regarding the rapist Larry Nassar.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

shiksa posted:

well good thing this wasnt on an american sports-style program with lots of acrobatics

wait, poo poo!!!!

sorry i only compete in mental gymnastics

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

smarxist posted:

fwiw, i didn't know Biles was one of the victims of that dude or connect her pulling out for stress due to it, i've completely tuned out of the Olympics since the first day and haven't seen any coverage of it because everyone can kinda live in their own media bubble these days. i thought Biles had left her reasons vague and that particular connection was made later by other parties after people were making lovely comments about it

whole thing is a mess though

The Simone thing at the Olympics was put on the twisties, which is when you lose track of where you are in mid air so you cant orirntate yourself and run the risk of i jurying yourself such as landing on your neck. The why is mysterious but has been connected to the pressure of being labelled the greatest of all time.

The Nassar stuff was periphery but my issue was people saying they'd never heard of it and then either explicitly or inplying that it was some obscure story and didn't matter. The first issue was it's not ibscure it's loving notorious and second only to Jimmy Saville in notoriety. The second is even if its loving obscure you're waving iff a child molester because it negatively affects one of your guys. Its asinine tribalism and if you can't apply the standard of literal rape jokes and child molesters equally between things you are nothing but a scumbag sycophant who only cares about image than standards.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I've been posting here for over a decade and dang I appreciate you all.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

issuing correction on a previous rap of mine, regarding the rapist Larry Nassar.

i'm permabanned rapgenius artist maxcaster58,

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

shiksa posted:

wait, poo poo!!!!

Not sure if this were a joke but I don't get it. Non-American fans of wrestling should keep up with/be well-versed in American news because wrestling is American?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Tony please call Punk and Bryan and get them to wherever the hell Dynamite is tomorrow, end this nightmare

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Tony please call Punk and Bryan and get them to wherever the hell Dynamite is tomorrow, end this nightmare

Punk & Bryan vs The Acclaimed, you got it buddy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Cody's going over and they just won't mention Hangman at all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

This new Acclaimed entrance rap? It's Not Good. *explosion*

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Not sure if this were a joke but I don't get it. Non-American fans of wrestling should keep up with/be well-versed in American news because wrestling is American?

I'm not American either and knew the Duke case and LArry Nassar and Simone Biles. I'm not saying this to brag at you, I'm saying that just because you didn't comprehend it doesn't make it less bad or less significant. Like do you think Max wrote this poo poo because he was trying to confuse the audience who wouldn't know what he was talking about?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Bro you can end this nightmare by clicking on the X.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Long-Time Lurker posted:

dude i dont care if you dont get the local references lol yr off the hook calm down. im emphasizing that the main audience for aew likely does know these things, as american fans of sports stuff. the flippies was a joke, you got me.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lid posted:

I'm not American either and knew the Duke case and LArry Nassar and Simone Biles. I'm not saying this to brag at you, I'm saying that just because you didn't comprehend it doesn't make it less bad or less significant. Like do you think Max wrote this poo poo because he was trying to confuse the audience who wouldn't know what he was talking about?

I don't think I ever said it was less bad or significant. Only reason I mentioned that people might not be aware of those two things due to their not being American is because your original post implied that people can't possibly not know about that and are just playing ignorant.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Bro you can end this nightmare by clicking on the X.

they look like Xs to you?

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

the likelihood of anything other than AEW downplaying it and moving on is nil. either caster has a peripheral understanding of things and walked into context he didn't know was there or he made two really bad "jokes" knowing full well those that got it would hate him for it.

we're not getting an apology

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

I was reacting to someone claiming that another poster saying they weren’t aware of the Larry Nassar connection was dumber than flat earthers, which is a stupid post.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Gwen posted:

the likelihood of anything other than AEW downplaying it and moving on is nil. either caster has a peripheral understanding of things and walked into context he didn't know was there or he made two really bad "jokes" knowing full well those that got it would hate him for it.

i think we will get an apology from the entire roster + tony himself

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i tuned out of the biles news as soon as a i realised it was going to become yet another interminable culture war issue which was almost immediately

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/aewontnt/status/1197334102266875904?lang=en

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
doc gallows is gonna say "im sorry youre all so offended!" and then karl anderson will make that face where he looks like a pervert who ate a lemon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gwen posted:

four, he made four bad jokes

1. Simone Biles which at best is insulting mental health, and at worst is making fun of child rape.

2. Making fun of the Duke LAcross rape case, which was infamous at the time and still infamous now as because of it being based on a false complainant and a lawyer who got disbarred for malicious prosecution. The result was for years afterwards rape victims weren't believed because of this case, and the accuser in this case is currently in jail having subsequently been convicted of murder.

3. COVID denialism, which doesn't need to be explained in how not funny it is.

4. Womens vaginas being ugly which I loving hate I had to write these words out loud.

It's irredeemably bad.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MotU posted:

doc gallows is gonna say "im sorry youre all so offended!" and then karl anderson will make that face where he looks like a pervert who ate a lemon

You leave sour boy out of this :colbert:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MotU posted:

Don't get my hopes up

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think it was about a woman's vagina being stinky

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Caster's new entrance rap went over like Valtteri Bottas in turn 1 of the Hungarian Grand Prix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MotU posted:

yeah... "looks like"...