Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I love getting punished by workplace bureaucracy because I would rather not risk being a vector for an extremely dangerous disease :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

loving hell NSW

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nsw teaching us some familiar age-old lessons about hubris

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooman posted:

Cox Inall.....

Is this is social rowing team name?
I thought it was a nice little nod towards how they are loving everyone.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Should have opened up yesterday when they got (1) under 200 cases

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Got my first Pfizer today. Not sure why they double checked the high school I went to on the way in but no biggie it was a smooth process beside that.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Jabbed By Pfizer

jfc nsw

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Does Frydenberg know what state he's from? Who he represents?

His comments about NSW and how important it is compared to Victoria are getting insane.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Well done NSW. As in well done in turning the state into a petri dish.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Animal Friend posted:

His comments about NSW and how important it is compared to Victoria are getting insane.

Anything new in particular?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Animal Friend posted:

This is particularly funny given that his seat was already marginal and, IIRC, has recently undergone a boundary redrawing which makes it even more marginal in the next election

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I was just watching question time on lunch break and getting increasingly angry lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Animal Friend posted:

I was just watching question time on lunch break and getting increasingly angry lol

For your own mental health, never watch or listen to House of Reps Question Time.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Rumour mill is spinning, hearing murmurs from people around WA state gov that there might be a COVID case in Perth, possible lockdown incoming.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Rumour mill is spinning, hearing murmurs from people around WA state gov that there might be a COVID case in Perth, possible lockdown incoming.

god drat it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Tommunist posted:

Sounds about time for vic to lap NSW a third time

https://twitter.com/rwillingham/status/1422784991784701954

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Apparently there's a case in Greenwood. Guess we'll know if there's an emergency presser.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

For your own mental health, never watch or listen to House of Reps Question Time.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I get my second pfizer jab tomorrow. Pretty happy I locked things in pretty early on, as I don't think you can get appointments until November now.

I've also heard the 2nd jab can mess you up a bit (headaches, fatigue, and such), so there's that to look forward to.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

PotatoManJack posted:

I get my second pfizer jab tomorrow. Pretty happy I locked things in pretty early on, as I don't think you can get appointments until November now.

I've also heard the 2nd jab can mess you up a bit (headaches, fatigue, and such), so there's that to look forward to.

I had zero reaction to the second pfizer dose, and my boss didn't either.

My partner and a few friends were really hosed up the day afterwards though.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Apparently there's a case in Greenwood. Guess we'll know if there's an emergency presser.

:rip:

https://twitter.com/6PR/status/1422800126024699905

Not sure if lockdown yet.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

are you a soothsayer

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Worse: I know too many people in and around WA state government.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Worse: I know too many people in and around WA state government.

username checks out then.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

I had zero reaction to the second pfizer dose, and my boss didn't either.

My partner and a few friends were really hosed up the day afterwards though.

Yeah I think best to go in expecting a lovely fever-sleep the night after and then a day of misery and the hardest OTC drugs available (not even codeine anymore ffs). This was my experience and mostly what I hear. If you get off easier, you're winning.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I had no side effects whatsoever from either my 1st or 2nd Pfizer injection.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

congrats, you're winning

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

BrigadierSensible posted:

I had no side effects whatsoever from either my 1st or 2nd Pfizer injection.

you're the secret double blind control

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Eediot Jedi posted:

Keeping the car radio on abc news is going to kill me

Every time they play a question time clip where a useless gently caress gives Morrison the sloppiest verbal gobbie so he can then claim the fed gov isn't a poo poo golem that had to be dragged loving screaming to do any part of its job, how they present themselves as taking measured responses to a developing situation and not so far behind the ball hubble can't make them out is so aggravating. Someone just call them out on their bullshit please. Albo gently caress off you're not going to wedge the libs with $300 jab bucks.

But if they do that, they might lose their Canberra press club pass.

Also, can't believe they voted down the $300 vaccination incentive because it was "an insult" to the Australian people - as decided by people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.

PotatoManJack posted:

I had my second Pfizer jab on Monday. The list of potential side effects? I had just about them all. Insomnia, fever and chills, headache, arm hurt like hell and basically everything hurt. A day later I feel like a million bucks. After the first dose I was perfectly fine. I don’t regret and thing and would do it again.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also, can't believe they voted down the $300 vaccination incentive because it was "an insult" to the Australian people - as decided by people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

The $300 jab incentive seems like a no brainer but we have the no spend libs in power.

Like that's 15 hours of work at minimum wage, enough for someone to not worry about missing a shift because they had a reaction to the jab.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I got what can be best described as a hangover the day after my second dose of Pfizer. Sweaty and a headache but it passed pretty quick.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

some jabroni on ABC Radio described $300 as "sure it's nice to have a burger and a beer" bitch please that'd entirely go to my electricity bill

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I love how NSW has managed to self own so badly that all the other better states keep getting owned by proxy.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

some jabroni on ABC Radio described $300 as "sure it's nice to have a burger and a beer" bitch please that'd entirely go to my electricity bill

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

alf_pogs posted:

I think it's actually an issue that $300 is not really that meaningful. It's not even a cheap bag once you factor in the ATM fee.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
It's not supposed to be a boon, it's to compensate people who will probably lose that amount of money by sacrificing their work hours. And hell, if an unemployed guy can have three hundred dollars that is also very cool, but I think there would be a Test about it if it passed that excluded 'em

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 4, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is an incentive not a boon, kind wizard?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I think lotteries would work better because it's already a given that the intentionally unvaccinated are loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chadzok posted:

it's already a given that the intentionally unvaccinated are loving idiots

I mean, I'm a loving idiot for a whole multitude of reasons but "lives in the middle of nowhere in regional nsw where covid hasn't been sniffed for a year and also is in the age range where atagi said not to get az and am not yet being offered pfizer" isn't really one of them

I'd go get the clot juice for three hundred ablo bucks when there is currently no other reason to when covid's current impact on my life is "have to wear a mask while listening to people make transphobic jokes about Laurel Hubbard while doing work for the dole at vinnies"