Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

shiksa posted:

god i will laugh so hard if i ever see that in the wild

Cody's gonna hit like 8 cross-rhodes on Malakai and then pin him clean while wearing this shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Cody's gonna hit like 8 cross-rhodes on Malakai and then pin him clean while wearing this shirt

Cody's going to come out with the image tattooed to the other side of his neck

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think we might get a hosed finish that leads to a higher stakes match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was fully prepared for Malakai Black to be the sort of wrestling bullshit I roll my eyes at, and I’m incredibly excited to learn he’s actually the kind of wrestling bullshit I love. Big fan of the Road To video package, could listen to endless segments of him saying meaningless stuff like “I’m all your sins personified” without ever getting any deeper into his Lore than that. I love the dumb decision to have all his scenes be in black-and-white while all Cody’s are in color. I even love his dumb black eye smudge. And most importantly I love that everything he does has been punctuated with a heavy dose of violence

Good wrestler imo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It feels like he took major inspiration from Jake Roberts with his cadence. He was probably doing that before, too, but it comes across so well here.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just looking at the special match graphic is making me happy. The special boy needs an elemental Good v. Evil image to sell this fight he’s been building for four weeks. And hell, who am I to tell him he’s wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

his voice in the Road To promo was noticeably deeper than his voice in the promo that was on Dynamite so i must regretfully diagnose Tommy End with Youtuber Voice

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

his voice in the Road To promo was noticeably deeper than his voice in the promo that was on Dynamite so i must regretfully diagnose Tommy End with Youtuber Voice

Tommy End starts opening all promos with “Hey, guys…l

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

MJF already does.

And it's awesome.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has there ever been a wrestling shirt that included an actual photo of a wrestler (instead of just a design or drawing) that wasn’t the worst kind of awful embarrassing garbage?

Fake edit: remembered Orange Cassidy as I was about to hit post, so that’s one.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

"Don't forget to smash the bell!" right as the timekeeper rings the bell

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
tommy end was speaking with walter white's voice in that clip

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has there ever been a wrestling shirt that included an actual photo of a wrestler (instead of just a design or drawing) that wasn’t the worst kind of awful embarrassing garbage?

Fake edit: remembered Orange Cassidy as I was about to hit post, so that’s one.

Does the one that's just a cutout of Rikishi's rear end count?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

tommy end was speaking with walter white's voice in that clip

Eddie Kingston said “I acquit”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god 400 new posts what happened?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Alaois posted:

max caster loaded his entrance rap shotgun with rocksalt made of simone biles, the duke lacrosse team, fake covid tests and julia's feminine hygiene

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

max did another rap that has people crying into their diapers

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I've also felt like Lance Storm would be the fourth labor, because I think Lance would be up for it, but I don't think it would get the surprise pop that Gage or even Juvi got, so I don't think they're going that direction.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I haven't seen the rap nor would I have gotten the reference but on the whole it's more fun if Max just targets gimmicks

which on the one hand if a gimmick is "college sports stars and a cheerleader" that does create certain openings by association, on the other hand if you can reference Kingston's time in Chikara without touching on how Chikara ended...

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 4, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

max did another rap that has people crying into their diapers

I noticed it got cut from Dark, is still up online anywhere?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

I noticed it got cut from Dark, is still up online anywhere?

https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/oxhmck/aew_dark_spoilers_max_caster_walks_fine_line_with/

Seems pretty tame to me in the grand scheme of things :shrug:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It wasn't great, it's off the episode now, they should have cut it before the episode aired, let's move on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the 400 new poses are because 2.0 are AEW

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

400 posts because everyone is hyped it’s Wednesday!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tony listened to Vince on the investor call and decided he had some room in his checkbook

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Max should should probably stick to people in the company who he can clear these with and not attack an Olympian who pulled out because of mental health issues or reference a horrific rape incident by the local college sports team. There's a way to be edgy without targeting innocent people

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eat My Fuc posted:

gently caress WWE but there is no loving way anyone here would be caping for rape joker max caster if he wasn’t aew, the lack of self awareness is wild you can love something and not strive to interpret it through some bizarre prism of “the good guys”

For real. Love AEW, but this thread can be a loving embarrassment at times.

I hope and trust that AEW will take this poo poo more seriously.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I hate those rude Acclaimed boys and hope the Varsity Blondes putting a whupping on them when they meet 2 on 2.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

a e double yooooooou!!!!!!!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

no matter what even the heels should follow the company's official communication li- C-M-PUNK! C-M-PUNK!

e: I said in the GBS wrestling thread they should bring out CP Munk in Chicago, but now that I think about it they should rather have Max vs. Punk and he comes out in the costume

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 4, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I hope the acclaimed's next rap is just a series of racial slurs, transphobia and genocide denial and I can read people in this thread complaining about a bunch of crybabies who got worked/don't understand real heel heat because there are others asking for an apology or expressing concern that the promo stepped over the line.

edit:
To explain my frustration and prevent a weird derail, I'm not comparing the existing rap to those arguably worse concepts, but I think certain posters have no line they won't forgive or make fun of others for objecting to if it's delivered by a moderately entertaining heel.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 4, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

I hope the acclaimed's next rap is just a series of racial slurs, transphobia and genocide denial

don't think thety'd do that tbh

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

fez_machine posted:

To explain my frustration and prevent a weird derail, I'm not comparing the existing rap to those arguably worse concepts, but I think certain posters have no line they won't forgive or make fun of others for objecting to if it's delivered by a moderately entertaining heel.

Someone ITT described Max as evil so maybe it's comparable already lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If the heel gets their comeuppance to show that the things they say and do are bad then go nuts, it’s only a problem when they say and do terrible things and then Booker T doesn’t win the title because apparently we’re supposed to agree the racist was right all along.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I've defended Max Caster in the past, but there's a huge difference between a storyline where you make fun of your opponent and joking about women getting raped. I think Caster is talented enough to get heat without rape jokes. If he's not, he's not someone I care to see on TV. And AEW deserves just as much blame for not cutting the promo in the six days they had.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's Platinum Max, here to settle the score
Your street cred's as fake as the Holodomor

*Bowens mugs at camera then looks first confused then worried*

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Maximum Caster

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

rap was real bad but the bigger issue to me is that AEW had six fuckin days to catch it and remove it and did not. anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if youre one half of a terrible tag team where one guy literally can't wrestle, you gotta get the heat where you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Lamuella posted:

It's Platinum Max, here to settle the score
Your street cred's as fake as the Holodomor

*Bowens mugs at camera then looks first confused then worried*

the acclaimed layin waste to all these teams
with rhymes so hot they can melt steel beams

the varsity blondes in danger of gettin hurt
gonna shoot on these kids like courtney shot kurt