Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Amppelix posted:

What the gently caress are you supposed to do after examining the storeroom in 1-5??? I don't remember having any trouble here before but I've somehow run into an inescapable situation where there's nothing new to do anywhere and i can't think of anything to present to anyone that would help

The game's not even giving me the usual "i think we should investigate this area more" in the move menu!

Which part of the investigation are you in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I dunno, the part where you examine the storeroom?

i got the permission from gina, went to the crime scene, exhausted gregson's dialogue, examined everything i could see, and then absolutely nothing happened and nobody has anything new to say anywhere. I have to believe I've somehow missed an examine somewhere but i can't even begin to think where

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You could always turn on the autoplay mode or whatever it's called for a second, that should point you in the right direction.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Maybe try asking Gregson about the other ticket?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yeah it was the drat ticket. I already presented it to him earlier to absolutely no result, it only works in this scene for no apparent reason. Great stuff.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s Ace Attorney for ya

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

1-3 Yeah gently caress this guy. Hang him regardless of whether he did it. :guillotine:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

1-4 investigation Surprised they kept the address the same. Was expecting Butcher Street or something.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I believe the majority of Sherlock Holmes stories are in the public domain, so most things are fine

It’s just that the Doyle estate is willing to sue people who write Holmes as a person who has emotions, so the character itself has to be handled more carefully

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

2-4, post trial: This all seems to be escalating quickly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

1-5 oh my loving god it's morse code

E: I totally got it now Graydon is using his position as a comms official to leak government secrets by music disk with the help of McGilded

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 4, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

1-4:

:lmao:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

1-5 "If we can prove there was blood on her coat, that would be conclusive evidence!" ah gently caress ah poo poo oh no

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
1-5 After learning he ran with the Skulkins, no wonder Eggy did those crazy poses

2-1 It's great that the panicky eyeballs run within the Naruhodo clan

2-2 I take what I said back, Natsume got Maya'd faster than Runo did

2-3 It's obvious who the apprentice is even before Runo says he seems familiar

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2-3 is nutso and I don't know how this goes for two more cases.

Also one of the hardest "impossible but fair game" contradictions in the series the shape of the bloodstain since the "coffee stain on the wrong side of the mug" one in 3-3

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

2-5 help I'm at the peak of this insane ride

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

kurona_bright posted:

It’s just that the Doyle estate is willing to sue people who write Holmes as a person who has emotions, so the character itself has to be handled more carefully

This sounds like an exaggeration until you realize they really did sue Netflix over Enola Holmes because Holmes in that movie (apparently - I haven't watched it) isn't a heartless douchebag, saying in reference to what they considered aspects still under copyright: "Conan Doyle made the surprising artistic decision [in the later works still under copyright] to have his most famous character—known around the world as a brain without a heart—develop into a character with a heart. Holmes became warmer. He became capable of friendship. He could express emotion. He began to respect women."

So just remember, if you ever want to write a Sherlock Holmes story, make sure he's a cold-hearted misogynist to avoid the wrath of his estate!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's nice being able to play an Ace Attorney game in 4k on the big TV. I'm only on case 2 of the first GAAC game and this is some great Ace Attorney content.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
G1-5 I love how "Eggert Benedict" is "clearly a false name" as though 90% of the people on Earth-Attorney don't have absurd pun names like Romaine Letouse

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

Just finished case 1 in the first game and something struck me as weird.

Why would the plate be in front of the victim? It was critical for the case that there was blood on the plate and that the victim burned his hand. But he wasn't eating because of his tooth, right? Why would a half-eaten plate of hot food be directly in front of him, when it was the woman who was actually eating?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Games finished
I love that Mikotoba just interrupts Holmes before he makes a stupid deduction and does it correctly himself so the difficulty of the final investigation is you having to put things together without being led.

I was really focused on the idea that Maelstrom Heart's final slip up was claiming that there was no more evidence left when Holmes had the dog's collar and kept trying to call Holmes to the stand before noticing that he mentioned a third page of the will.

Judge Jigoku has a nice suit and it's a shame he killed those people and it's a double shame that Ryunoskue and Susato never dress English for a case.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

President in Residence posted:

Just finished case 1 in the first game and something struck me as weird.

Why would the plate be in front of the victim? It was critical for the case that there was blood on the plate and that the victim burned his hand. But he wasn't eating because of his tooth, right? Why would a half-eaten plate of hot food be directly in front of him, when it was the woman who was actually eating?

Case 1-1: I'd assume she moved the plate after poisoning him when Naruhodo made her change her escape plan.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Omobono posted:

Case 1-1: I'd assume she moved the plate after poisoning him when Naruhodo made her change her escape plan.

1-1 she even testified as much. she arranged the table to look as if he was dining alone, then shot him in the chest and ran off

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ulvir posted:

1-1 she even testified as much. she arranged the table to look as if he was dining alone, then shot him in the chest and ran off

I love the idea that she could do this without anyone noticing - even if the restaurant was relatively empty.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

stev posted:

I love the idea that she could do this without anyone noticing - even if the restaurant was relatively empty.

she would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Omg G1-3 this is a way cooler version lestrade than the normal guy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Snooze Cruise posted:

Omg G1-3 this is a way cooler version lestrade than the normal guy

They should give every version of Lestrade a grenade launcher tbh

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nanomashoes posted:

Games finished
it's a double shame that Ryunoskue and Susato never dress English for a case.

Minor spoiler if you go to the Tailor section in extras, there are English outfits for Ryunosuke and Susato available. They're quite nice; my only beef is that Ryunosuke's outfit removes his lawyer armband which makes his rallying animation where he corrects it look kind of weird.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also 2-3

the judge moves to end the trial immediately upon having definite proof of your client's innocence before the "real culprit" was discovered? Is this even ace attorney

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

1-4 I know Natsume Sōseki is a real person but I love how they designed him to look like Edgar Allan Poe

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Case 1-4 defendant: I'd say his design in the game is a fair interpretation of his photo (Wikipedia link)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
In the middle of case 2-2: Never have I want to just reach through my screen and slap a witness as much as Shamspeare, gently caress him and gently caress Zieks for letting this confirmed thief and liar change his story on the fly

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

1-4 I know Natsume Sōseki is a real person but I love how they designed him to look like Edgar Allan Poe

G1-4 They didn't have that much room for interpretation; his real appearance would be very well known to most Japanese players, because he was on the 1000en note until 2005.

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

ulvir posted:

I get that she arranged the scene, but for his arm to have been burned like that, the plate would have had to have been already in front of him when he got poisoned, otherwise his arm wouldn't have come to rest on top of the piping hot plate. How could his arm have gotten burned if the plate wasn't in front of him when he was poisoned?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Amppelix posted:

Yeah it was the drat ticket. I already presented it to him earlier to absolutely no result, it only works in this scene for no apparent reason. Great stuff.

I was stuck here too. Wish it had a checkmark on items that you've already presented someone.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The loving 1-5 jury oh my god.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really liked how these two games were the same story as opposed to the original and sequel trilogies being distinct internal narratives loosely tied together through the characters. If they end up doing a third game, I wonder what angle they could possibly take. The ending of 2-5 ties everything together neatly so maybe a ten years later type story?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The loving 1-5 jury oh my god.

Just want directions to the Crystal Tower

rosenritter
Feb 22, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

I really liked how these two games were the same story as opposed to the original and sequel trilogies being distinct internal narratives loosely tied together through the characters. If they end up doing a third game, I wonder what angle they could possibly take. The ending of 2-5 ties everything together neatly so maybe a ten years later type story?

Kazuma Asogi Investigations :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

President in Residence posted:

I get that she arranged the scene, but for his arm to have been burned like that, the plate would have had to have been already in front of him when he got poisoned, otherwise his arm wouldn't have come to rest on top of the piping hot plate. How could his arm have gotten burned if the plate wasn't in front of him when he was poisoned?

G1-1 I think the idea is she was just a bit careless when she arranged the scene to make it seem like he had been eating and his arm ended up in contact with the plate when she pushed it over to his side. But it's still a little iffy, because she had time to cut and eat several bites of the steak beforehand and you'd think it would have time to cool down a bit in that time.