Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think having a list with nothing but super expensive flying monsters is going to be a good way to go imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

JBP posted:

I don't think having a list with nothing but super expensive flying monsters is going to be a good way to go imo.

Sons of Behemat is putting up numbers at tournaments so I wouldn't be so sure

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AnEdgelord posted:

Sons of Behemat is putting up numbers at tournaments so I wouldn't be so sure

Sure but they get accounted for on objectives while I don't think these dragon riders will count as more than one model. I guess if they're stormkeep and being battleline nets them the model count bonus early, but then they're going to be holding position and defeating the point most likely. I'd definitely be happy to relieve myself of taking three regular battleline units though and having a dragon riding general is super cool before you even think about the list stuff.

e: they also might just haul rear end and kill everything on the board, can't contest poo poo if you're dead

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 3, 2021

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
I was able to get in one last game before the new school year hits. I put some work into my Skaven this summer and I'm glad to see the horde looking coherent, though the rank and file need work. Enjoy some pics as I wanted to do a full report but we had to much fun forgetting the objectives existed and just slaughtering each other.

What you don't see is Yndrasta about to pounce the Hellpit and murder it and a Doomwheel off to the right who would go to run over a bunch of those archers. Felt satifiying

40 Clanrats with Spears backed up with the Bell held this poor Stardrake up for three turns. Even got a few wounds in.

The horde is starting to come together nicely. I also really like having a few extra standard bearers in my units for display. I feel like a good warlord would want to show off.

Though this sometimes mean end up with three standard bearers in the same batch of survivors. These heroes did finally chase down that last villain.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

JBP posted:

Sure but they get accounted for on objectives while I don't think these dragon riders will count as more than one model. I guess if they're stormkeep and being battleline nets them the model count bonus early, but then they're going to be holding position and defeating the point most likely. I'd definitely be happy to relieve myself of taking three regular battleline units though and having a dragon riding general is super cool before you even think about the list stuff.

e: they also might just haul rear end and kill everything on the board, can't contest poo poo if you're dead

They’ll have Monster keyword and high wounds, but they definitely won’t count as much as ogors or gargants do.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Crazy Ferret posted:

I put some work into my Skaven this summer and I'm glad to see the horde looking coherent, though the rank and file need work.

Always happy to see Skaven, they look awesome.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When are they replacing azyr with whatever this new shitshow is gonna be?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

JBP posted:

When are they replacing azyr with whatever this new shitshow is gonna be?
At first they said the beta was coming with Dominion, then changed it so now it should be coming along the new battletomes.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I got into SCE to paint some sacrosanct guys as a mini-project and I almost wish they'd just stop with all the cool poo poo I'm gonna have to buy now

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Deified Data posted:

I got into SCE to paint some sacrosanct guys as a mini-project and I almost wish they'd just stop with all the cool poo poo I'm gonna have to buy now

Yeah I bought the sacrosanct Christmas box on the cheap and now I'm in a while heap of trouble.

Talas posted:

At first they said the beta was coming with Dominion, then changed it so now it should be coming along the new battletomes.

Cool thanks. Seems like a shame since azyr works well imo. Compared to the 40k app it's a dream.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Last I heard it only said "later this year" there is no confirmation of date. Also they didn't announce anything they sneakily went into the dominion release article and changed the wording. They never announced the change at all.

So you might get an app this year...

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

I thought Azyr was being replaced by whatever they're offering up through the Warhammer+ subscription service?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

DrDraxium posted:

I thought Azyr was being replaced by whatever they're offering up through the Warhammer+ subscription service?
Yeah, Azyr is staying but it's not going to be updated anymore. The Warhammer+ service includes the new apps, but I don't think they ever confirmed if it's an exclusive thing... I hope not, I don't care about the 40k content at all.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
Anyone know of a US based online store that has Blood Knights in stock? My locals are out and my usuals (Miniature Marker and Discount Games Inc.) are out out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Talas posted:

Yeah, Azyr is staying but it's not going to be updated anymore. The Warhammer+ service includes the new apps, but I don't think they ever confirmed if it's an exclusive thing... I hope not, I don't care about the 40k content at all.

I think it's all one package unfortunately. I also don't really want to pay more than azyr (like a buck fifty) so I can access a bunch of cartoons and bullshit. Probably see a few AOS players start using battlescribe more. I had a look on BS yesterday and all the new SCE stuff is on there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

alright, I bought into Dominion since with trade-ins it was like $60

yaaay more plastic

I'll probably either sell the orcs or keep them to strongarm my friends into playing, buy a few dragons, and then get bonereapers instead as the main army

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Knocked out another 10 Auric Hearthguard - their value went up in 3.0:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Knocked out another 10 Auric Hearthguard - their value went up in 3.0:

they look great, how'd you do the skin?

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

peer posted:

they look great, how'd you do the skin?

Skin is undercoated Wraithbone, then painted Fyreslayer Flesh, highlighted with Kislev Flesh.

Runes were Vallejo Air Copper, washed with Reikland Fleshshade Gloss and highlighted with Vallejo Air Silver.

That's it!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Got a 2k tournament coming up mid September so I'm going to take my overlords and come last but by gum I'm going to blow some poo poo up. I think this will be fun. I'm not actually sure that the boats are "monsters" I'll have to have a look at the book later.

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 2,000 (Order - Kharadron Overlords) [2,000pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Command Entourage: Extra Enhancement: Artefacts of Power, Magnificent

Core Battalion: Linebreaker

+ Leader +

Aetheric Navigator [95pts]: 2. Svaregg-Stein 'Illuminator' Flarepistol, Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders, Ranging Pistol, Zephyrscope

Aetheric Navigator [95pts]: Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders, Ranging Pistol, Zephyrscope

Arkanaut Admiral [125pts]: Command Entourage - 1 Commander, Skalfhammer, Volley Pistol

Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit [190pts]: 1. Staff of Ocular Optimization, 5. Great Tinkerer, Aethercannon, Aethermatic Saw, Dirigible Suit Weapon Battery, Gaze of Grungni, General - Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit, Linebreaker - 1-2 Commanders

+ Behemoth +

Arkanaut Ironclad [490pts]: 1. The Last Word, Aethershock Torpedoes, Aethershot Carbines, Boarding Weapons, Great Sky Cannon, Linebreaker - 2-3 Monsters, Wound Track

+ Battleline +

Arkanaut Company [100pts]: 10 Arkanaut Company, Aetherflare Pistol, Aethermatic Volley Gun & Gun Butt, 9x Privateer Pistol and Arkanaut Cutter

Arkanaut Frigate [250pts]: Aethershot Carbines, Boarding Weapons, Heavy Sky Cannon, Linebreaker - 2-3 Monsters, Wound Track

Arkanaut Frigate [250pts]: Aethershot Carbines, Boarding Weapons, Heavy Sky Cannon, Linebreaker - 2-3 Monsters, Wound Track, Prudency Chutes

+ Other +

Grundstok Thunderers [135pts]: 5 Grundstok Thunderers, 5x Aethershot Rifle, Gun Butt, Gunnery Sergeant, Honour Bearer

Grundstok Thunderers [270pts]: 10 Grundstok Thunderers, 10x Aethershot Rifle, Gun Butt, Gunnery Sergeant, Honour Bearer, Reinforced

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords
. . 2) Barak-Zilfin, the Windswept City: Amendment, Artycle, Footnote

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Grand Strategy: Vendetta

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

JBP posted:

:words: KO list :words:

Looks good my friend. Boats are behemoths which are represented helpfully on the core battalions page by a picture of a dragon! :shepface:

Assume you're taking the navigators for the re-rolling pistols?

Also I know it's easier taking all rifles than remembering fifteen million weapons profiles, but having mixed special weapons on (for example) a unit of 10 thunderers (e.g. 2x mortars, 2x decksweeper, 2 x cannons) you can always get your +1 to hit which is pretty critical in 3.0.

p.s. was that output from Battlescribe? How is it for AoS 3.0 stuff atm?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrDraxium posted:

Looks good my friend. Boats are behemoths which are represented helpfully on the core battalions page by a picture of a dragon! :shepface:

Assume you're taking the navigators for the re-rolling pistols?

Also I know it's easier taking all rifles than remembering fifteen million weapons profiles, but having mixed special weapons on (for example) a unit of 10 thunderers (e.g. 2x mortars, 2x decksweeper, 2 x cannons) you can always get your +1 to hit which is pretty critical in 3.0.

p.s. was that output from Battlescribe? How is it for AoS 3.0 stuff atm?

Navigators are for denies and one has the pistol so I can fly in turn one, spend a gold and then kill whatever 500pt god monster the other person has brought with the entire navy. I'm trying to make sure I've basically always got commands to give and I think under the new system that the admiral might be useful for being able to issue differently worded commands. I'll see how it goes I think it will be fun. I haven't settled on the guns for the ten man thunderers, I've still got five to be built. I think I'll give them the variety, but I've always found having the range over the entire game really useful. (Edit: I also like to have them stay on board shooting from garrison and you miss out on the bonus to cannons then anyway, the ten man will be riding on the Ironclad)

BS is good! It's a bit finnicky with loadouts and took me a minute to work out where your sub factions are etc but it works fine and everything looks correct to me.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 4, 2021

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

JBP posted:

Navigators are for denies and one has the pistol so I can fly in turn one, spend a gold and then kill whatever 500pt god monster the other person has brought with the entire navy. I'm trying to make sure I've basically always got commands to give and I think under the new system that the admiral might be useful for being able to issue differently worded commands. I'll see how it goes I think it will be fun. I haven't settled on the guns for the ten man thunderers, I've still got five to be built. I think I'll give them the variety, but I've always found having the range over the entire game really useful. (Edit: I also like to have them stay on board shooting from garrison and you miss out on the bonus to cannons then anyway, the ten man will be riding on the Ironclad)

BS is good! It's a bit finnicky with loadouts and took me a minute to work out where your sub factions are etc but it works fine and everything looks correct to me.

I have some friends in the professional KO realm and they think KO might be heading towards a more control playstyle as opposed to the surgical killers they were in 2.0, so having tons of rifles opens up more of the board to you so it makes sense from that perspective. Admiral will be almost an auto-take in 3.0 I'd say for the reasons you've outlined.

Best of luck with your list! Report back with your results (if you care to, I'd be interested in the very least).

I'm taking this to a tournament this Saturday.

++ Pitched Battle GHB 2021 2,000 (Order - Kharadron Overlords) [1,985pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Hunters of the Heartlands

Core Battalion: Warlord

+ Leader +

Arkanaut Admiral [125pts]: General, Warlord - 1-2 Commanders

Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit [190pts]: 2. Phosphorite Bomblets, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

Endrinmaster with Endrinharness [105pts]: Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

+ Behemoth +

Arkanaut Frigate [250pts]: Heavy Sky Cannon

Arkanaut Ironclad [490pts]: 3. Ebullient Buoyancy Aids, Great Volley Cannon

+ Battleline +

Arkanaut Company [100pts]: 10 Arkanaut Company, Aethermatic Volley Gun & Gun Butt, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Light Skyhook, 7x Privateer Pistol and Arkanaut Cutter, Skypike, Volley Pistol

Arkanaut Company [100pts]: 10 Arkanaut Company, Aethermatic Volley Gun & Gun Butt, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Light Skyhook, 7x Privateer Pistol and Arkanaut Cutter, Skypike, Volley Pistol

+ Other +

Endrinriggers [120pts]: 3 Endrinriggers, Aethermatic Volley Gun & Gun Butt, Drill Launcher & Gun Butt, Rapid-fire Rivet Gun and Aethermatic Saw

Grundstok Thunderers [135pts]: 5 Grundstok Thunderers, Aethercannon, Aetheric Fumigator, Aethershot Rifle, Decksweeper, Grundstok Mortar, Gunnery Sergeant, Honour Bearer, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

Grundstok Thunderers [270pts]: 10 Grundstok Thunderers, 2x Aethercannon, Aetheric Fumigator, 3x Aethershot Rifle, 2x Decksweeper, 2x Grundstok Mortar, Gunnery Sergeant, Honour Bearer, Reinforced, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords
. . Stick To The Code: 3. Settle the Grudges

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

Realm of Battle: Battle: Ghur

Triumphs: Inspired

++ Total: [1,985pts] ++

Am doing my best to make the Admiral + Grudgehammer work, because it's awesome. I hold Elarr's GRUDGEHAMMER dreams from the Goonhammer Start Competing article close to my steampunk heart at all times.

p.s. man Battlescribe is good, but I couldn't work out how to take Barak Thryng as my skyport, only the default codes seem to be in there...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrDraxium posted:

I have some friends in the professional KO realm and they think KO might be heading towards a more control playstyle as opposed to the surgical killers they were in 2.0, so having tons of rifles opens up more of the board to you so it makes sense from that perspective. Admiral will be almost an auto-take in 3.0 I'd say for the reasons you've outlined.

Best of luck with your list! Report back with your results (if you care to, I'd be interested in the very least).

I'm taking this +++WILDLY DIFFERENT LIST+++ to a tournament this Saturday.

Am doing my best to make the Admiral + Grudgehammer work, because it's awesome. I hold Elarr's GRUDGEHAMMER dreams from the Goonhammer Start Competing article close to my steampunk heart at all times.

p.s. man Battlescribe is good, but I couldn't work out how to take Barak Thryng as my skyport, only the default codes seem to be in there...

That's a hell of a list. I feel like I take a lunatic build for KO (people love the haulers, I prefer big boats full of dudes). That's a lot of guys!

I've always taken the admiral because it feels right. Being able to issue all out attack to the thunderers and on my mark fire on the Ironclad in 3.0 is going to whip hopefully. I also think being able to issue all out defence and repel boarders makes for a nasty surprise. His rerolls against heroes and monsters also aren't too shabby. Two navigators might be overkill but I'm going to absolutely poo poo on tzeentch armies with Zilfin plus two denies PLUS heroic denies. gently caress tzeentch basically. Also elves.

I hope the tourney can go ahead. Australia with covid is rough right now but I think this is vaguely my 3.0 list and I'm super happy the admiral feels a bit more useful. Keen to hear how you go with your horde o' dorfs too.

E: oh you've also reminded me that I can fill a hunters battalion.

Oh yeah also how do you find the great volley cannon? I like having my flat 6 available and I've never taken the volley.

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 5, 2021

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Is there a short version of the AOS 3.0 rules we can freely download? Similar to what they had for 2.0? My girlfriend and I are going to run a few small games (500 or 1000 points), before maybe starting a Path to Glory campaign, and I think it'd be less off putting than handing her the 400 pages of the Dominion book.

I believe in the new starter boxes they have light versions of the rules, are those available for download or :filez: ?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The basic rules should be available as a PDF online, but last time I checked there was a bit of a hurdle you had to jump through to get them via writing up your email and then you got a link.

Thankfully they are linked in the OP:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf
I don't think there is anything shorter than those though unless you look up some summary elsewhere.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Kruleboyz!

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I've used this AOS 3 reference sheet in my games so far and it has been hugely helpful: http://weirdnobz.com/2021/06/21/update-plus-an-age-of-sigmar-reference-sheet/

Page 2 has all the new stuff from AOS 3 - The heroic actions, new generic spells, universal command abilities, and monstrous rampages - Broken down by phase. You can almost print that one out without reading the AOS3 rules and you are good to go.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Cooked Auto posted:

The basic rules should be available as a PDF online, but last time I checked there was a bit of a hurdle you had to jump through to get them via writing up your email and then you got a link.

Thankfully they are linked in the OP:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf
I don't think there is anything shorter than those though unless you look up some summary elsewhere.

Thanks! Didn't think to look in the OP, and Google was giving me only links to the 2.0 version :(

Geisladisk posted:

I've used this AOS 3 reference sheet in my games so far and it has been hugely helpful: http://weirdnobz.com/2021/06/21/update-plus-an-age-of-sigmar-reference-sheet/

Page 2 has all the new stuff from AOS 3 - The heroic actions, new generic spells, universal command abilities, and monstrous rampages - Broken down by phase. You can almost print that one out without reading the AOS3 rules and you are good to go.

We'll definitely use that as a support during the games but I wanted her to have a proper read first!

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

JBP posted:

That's a hell of a list. I feel like I take a lunatic build for KO (people love the haulers, I prefer big boats full of dudes). That's a lot of guys!

I've always taken the admiral because it feels right. Being able to issue all out attack to the thunderers and on my mark fire on the Ironclad in 3.0 is going to whip hopefully. I also think being able to issue all out defence and repel boarders makes for a nasty surprise. His rerolls against heroes and monsters also aren't too shabby. Two navigators might be overkill but I'm going to absolutely poo poo on tzeentch armies with Zilfin plus two denies PLUS heroic denies. gently caress tzeentch basically. Also elves.

I hope the tourney can go ahead. Australia with covid is rough right now but I think this is vaguely my 3.0 list and I'm super happy the admiral feels a bit more useful. Keen to hear how you go with your horde o' dorfs too.

E: oh you've also reminded me that I can fill a hunters battalion.

Oh yeah also how do you find the great volley cannon? I like having my flat 6 available and I've never taken the volley.

I've never fought against magic much (in my long career of 3 games) but I guess that's all dependant on your local meta. You will definitely be equipped to stomp tzeentch armies, let em taste that aethershot!

All those arkanaut companies combined with Hunters of the Heartland will hopefully make them durable enough to cap objectives for me. Having hold the line makes focusing on keeping them safe even more important, but I've found it pretty easy to do if they're covered by the sky vessels.

I know the volley cannon is the less mechanically viable pick, but I just love to roll the dice and get 4-24 damage. It's fun to be competitively viable, but there are parts of the list I just wanna have fun with.

I am also in Australia! However South Australia so everything is pretty much back to normal. Feeling for the eastern states right now though, not a great spot to be in. Hope you are staying safe friend.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

dominion box should be in by tuesday aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh so excited for more plastic crack

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got some proper paint on my Dominion Orcses, can I get a feels good man

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
I played a game of AoS this morning against a friend who picked up Dominion and hadn't played yet.

Roughly 1150pt game, Kruleboyz vs old Stormcast. I got absolutely worked, the poison is no joke whatsoever. Didn't help that my dice hated me too, but woof. I'm interested to see the combined Orruk book now as they are pretty drat mean.

At least my Knight-Heralder affectionately known as Toot did some mass damage through the game. At least something did!

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Marmaduke! posted:

:feelsgood:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Seeing all the new Stormcasts I just assembled I'm thinking about priming them in a steel-like color to save some time, but it seems like Leadbelcher spray is more valuable than gold around here... has anyone used some alternative spray?

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Marmaduke! posted:

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Talas posted:

Seeing all the new Stormcasts I just assembled I'm thinking about priming them in a steel-like color to save some time, but it seems like Leadbelcher spray is more valuable than gold around here... has anyone used some alternative spray?

The Vallejo Metal Color line is what you're looking for. Specifically Pale Burnt Metal in your case. They don't come in spray cans, so if you don't own an airbrush you'll need to use regular brushes. But the paint is so fantastic it brushes on perfectly. Can't recommend it enough.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Furism posted:

The Vallejo Metal Color line is what you're looking for. Specifically Pale Burnt Metal in your case. They don't come in spray cans, so if you don't own an airbrush you'll need to use regular brushes. But the paint is so fantastic it brushes on perfectly. Can't recommend it enough.

Pale burnt metal is also God's own metallic. I used it for my sce.

It's going to be way shinier than leadbelcher.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

JBP posted:

It's going to be way shinier than leadbelcher.

Very true. For my SCE I apply a thinned down contrast paint (could use ink with contrast medium) to dull it more and it works perfectly.

VMC's Steel is very nice too but quite a bit darker than Leadbelcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Both Army Painter and Vallejo make spray gunmetals.