Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if youre one half of a terrible tag team where one guy literally can't wrestle, you gotta get the heat where you can

But we're not talking about Chaos Project :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
you would never see the original death dealer and japanese deathmatch legend dr luther resorting to such cheap heat. a fingerpoint to the head is all he needs.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

All this talk on Max Caster and not one mention of Taz's aborted anecdote about midget tossing during the opener.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's fascinating how this thread turns on a dime from being upset that Max is doing offensive raps to some kinda one-upmanship game trying to make up even worse ones.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Max Caster should now wrestle in a featureless mask, never speak and get over by being in the top 5 for pure work rate in AEW.

<Checks archival footage>

Oh no…oh dear…

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

kidcoelacanth posted:

rap was real bad but the bigger issue to me is that AEW had six fuckin days to catch it and remove it and did not. anyway

The Dark GDT thread had one guy who was there and they outright said before Max walked out "i really hope they edited out Max's rap" so yeah even the crowd knew this poo poo shouldn't have flown.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

The Dark GDT thread had one guy who was there and they outright said before Max walked out "i really hope they edited out Max's rap" so yeah even the crowd knew this poo poo shouldn't have flown.

If you're talking about me, I wasn't there, I just heard about it earlier today.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Based on metrics Max Caster is over

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

If you're talking about me, I wasn't there, I just heard about it earlier today.

My mistake I apologise.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the 400 new poses are because 2.0 are AEW

that guys boys!!!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Duke sucks.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Max Caster is 32 years old.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Critical posted:

the varsity blondes in danger of gettin hurt
gonna shoot on these kids like courtney shot kurt

Finally someone else is brave enough to speak truth to power.

Justice 4 Kurt!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Can we please get an Acclaimed gang tag now, but make sure it's only used by unironic Acclaimed lovers?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

somehow I don't think Courtney Love had the mental capacity to put Kurt's toe print on the trigger.

Kinda like how TK spaced editing out that rap before the premier.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
lol if you think Tony is watching dark

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Skipped the last 15 pages whats up yall

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

lol if you think Tony is watching dark
If anyone is upset he'll just be like look, it's not a real show. No one watches it!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1422886098913558530?s=20

:(

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I think one of the labors is going to be a handicap match against a tag team. The question is which tag team?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Goldberg/Lesnar

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Grey posted:

I think one of the labors is going to be a handicap match against a tag team. The question is which tag team?

BBT gonna get the Rock and Stone Cold and Jericho has to beat both of them in the same night again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's really sad. Hope he's able to take the time to mourn and come back to make her proud.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Here’s what I think really happened

The line was originally supposed to be “treat you like Karrion Kross” but Tony was like “no that’s going to get us too much heat, what if instead you say Duke Lacrosse”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

fez_machine posted:

I hope the acclaimed's next rap is just a series of racial slurs, transphobia and genocide denial and I can read people in this thread complaining about a bunch of crybabies who got worked/don't understand real heel heat because there are others asking for an apology or expressing concern that the promo stepped over the line.

edit:
To explain my frustration and prevent a weird derail, I'm not comparing the existing rap to those arguably worse concepts, but I think certain posters have no line they won't forgive or make fun of others for objecting to if it's delivered by a moderately entertaining heel.

I hope something bad happens so that I will be proven right and other posters will feel bad is exactly why the discourse sucks. If you're mad go do something positive about it instead of that dumb poo poo.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If you disagree with Max and think that vaginas are actually cool, hello@allelitewrestling.com is just an email away

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol at the sudden appearance of everrise

Mox, Eddie, and Darby is a fun team though

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Watched most of Dark last night before I crashed (after a long day at work), and I thought PAC vs. Jack Evans was really good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

No clue who Everrise is/was but people seem jazzed about it so I'll give em a chance! Stoked for a fuse lighting tonight! :toot:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I keep reading Everrise as Ivelisse and getting thoroughly confused.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Poor Will, he's lost basically everyone in his life except his kids.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

lol at the sudden appearance of everrise

Mox, Eddie, and Darby is a fun team though

Poor Daniel Garcia never had any hope of matching their energy.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

luchadornado posted:

I keep reading Everrise as Ivelisse and getting thoroughly confused.

Women’s vets RULE!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hangman is now a member of the acclaimed

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

explosivo posted:

No clue who Everrise is/was but people seem jazzed about it so I'll give em a chance! Stoked for a fuse lighting tonight! :toot:

They're a Canadian comedy tag team who are pretty funny and decent workers. They did a lot of stuff in Chikara and Interspecies Wrestling, and have alternate biker personas called the Badd Boyz, who admittedly used a LOT of homophobic slurs in promos at one point so be warned if you're looking them up. As far as I know they no longer do edgelord poo poo and are still funny.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Grey posted:

"Well, Chris, you think you haven't missed a step in 30 years, huh? Well I bought a time machine and have a tag team here that might disagree with you. Ladies and gentlemen, THE THRILLSEEKERS!"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Andrast posted:

Hangman is now a member of the acclaimed

He’s gonna teach them to be woke but concuss them with shoot buckshot lariats if they step outta line

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I didn’t realize that Ever-rise was 2.0 until after they had been released. All I remember about their WWE run was Alvarez pronouncing Ever Rise.

The Max Caster rap was in poor taste and shouldn’t have been aired. In fact it shouldn’t have even been performed in the first place. I wouldn’t punish Max for it because it was obviously approved of by the company until they faced backlash for it.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Hey the last time I posted here it was expressing discomfort over the contents of Max Caster’s entrance raps and the general response was extremely lovely

If the dude can’t write a few lines without making GBS threads on women he needs a different gimmick or to get the gently caress off the show, I shouldn’t have to brace for a rape joke or slut shaming or tampons, eww! or mocking mental health issues on a goddamn wrestling show

For everyone “it’s not that bad”ing, I’m very glad you’ve not had to worry about experiencing those things, but hope you might have a tiny bit more empathy for people who might be distressed about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was wondering when Mox would pick his son up from Sting's daycare. He probably owes him a lot of money by now, I hope those New Japan checks are big.