Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

did an algorithm make this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i don't loving understand why these cartoons aimed at an english-speaking audience are so godawful, surely they have one person fluent in the language willing to say "hey i don't get this"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
there’s plenty of native English speakers who make incomprehensible inane babble all the same to be fair

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

!
Horrible

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That classic fairy tale, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and the Kung Fu Panda.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wtf

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I probably would have bought this album when I was fourteen, yeah

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Love the constant right wing swapping between "Covid is just the flu it isn't even harmful at all!" and "Immigrants are bringing the horribly deadly covid virus into our borders!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

loquacius posted:

Redwall is probably the worst popular children's media setting for "evil races are just bad and monsters and not worth talking to, yes all of them, no exceptions"

I think there was one book where like a weasel or a stoat or something was raised by mice and rabbits or whatever, and the theme of the book was "can he resist his evil genetics and rise above his bestial nature", and that was the most nuance Jacques even attempted
the adoptive mother named the abandoned ferret "Veil" to see if "evil" would "live" in him lmao (Brian Jacques: super into anagrams) then at the end Veil jumps in front of a javelin or something to save her then died in her arms after being otherwise 100% a piece of poo poo the whole way through the book so it's impossible to tell if :biotruths: is good or bad

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

zegermans posted:

The US Navy, famously not running into giant ships in the open ocean in the last few years
y'know also "women, definitely responsible for the most notable recent giant ship-related incident"

i checked, that "women captains no survivin's" comic was 2021-07-16

lmao at the McCain/Fitzgerald crash back in 2017 but the Ever Given's crew was all dudes

Thanatosian posted:

Libertarians are just fascists who like weed.
and/or have oddly strong opinions about AOC.

the answer to the clarification question is "yes."

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You can though, wear a mask?
Oh right, you want do that

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Inshallah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Snake, your OctoCamo is malfunctioning

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s hard to notice but CNN turns into the hammer and sickle over the three panels. gotta give props, it’s very subtle and clever.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"If you want to eat, give up your freedom" sounds like capitalism to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

"If you want to eat, give up your freedom" sounds like capitalism to me.

freedom isn't whether you are able to choose how you spend the majority of your waking hours from your teens until old age

freedom is whether you are able to choose to not wear a mask in a pandemic

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

freedom isn't whether you are able to choose how you spend the majority of your waking hours from your teens until old age

freedom is whether you are able to choose to not wear a mask in a pandemic

quote:

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. [...] It wasn't long till they came for me. It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years, I had roses, and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An Inch, it is small and it is fragile, but it is the only thing the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

nice to see him work in color, but where's crying lady liberty and the "WHISKEY SOURS" label

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Democrats sure do love covid! They want covid to be around forever! That's why they're *checks notes* trying to make people immune to it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skelley gonna get his mind blown when someone finally tells him to Google this "delta" thing

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Democrats sure do love covid! They want covid to be around forever! That's why they're *checks notes* trying to make people immune to it.

They do seem to love it and want it around considering they aren't doing much of anything beyond vaccines to try and stop it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

"Live in ignorance so you don't do anything" -Gary Varvel, Political Cartoonist

As a doomer I actually agree that it's ok to log off if you're getting overwhelmed

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

Does this count as a political cartoon? There's a whole series of this woke scold girl coming in and drinking everyone's good time.

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1291391867540705280?s=20

I legit love this guy's style and it's hilarious when you realize he just has the opinions of a 65-year-old Fox News addict. You initially think he's gonna go for something edgier but then it's just something milquetoast like "democrats are the real racists" or something. His poo poo gets a lot funnier when you realize how few of his comics are meant to be funny, like I legit think he tries to go for genuine horror sometimes but it's based in the silliest boomer-brained anxieties

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

culture war poo poo is baseline dumb and right-wing culture war poo poo is the dumbest thing on Earth

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Deified Data posted:

I legit love this guy's style and it's hilarious when you realize he just has the opinions of a 65-year-old Fox News addict. You initially think he's gonna go for something edgier but then it's just something milquetoast like "democrats are the real racists" or something. His poo poo gets a lot funnier when you realize how few of his comics are meant to be funny, like I legit think he tries to go for genuine horror sometimes but it's based in the silliest boomer-brained anxieties

its got powerful junji ito drawing a comic about cats energy thats for sure

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wrong junji ito has self awareness and this guy's lack of that is like his defining trait

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Deified Data posted:

he's got decent style and technique, but he's been trying to churn them out faster and faster to keep on top of the zeitgeist and the quality's definitely suffered since

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the first thing of theirs I saw was the Biden you ain’t black one and I wish it was the only one I’d seen cause it’s also the only decent one

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Deified Data posted:

The guy also is working on a regular comic series too and I wonder if it's all edgelord political like these ones are.

He's obviously tapping into a very specific demographic and judging by his tweets he's not just doing them ironically.

Kitfox88 posted:

the first thing of theirs I saw was the Biden you ain’t black one and I wish it was the only one I’d seen cause it’s also the only decent one
The one with Biden as a litch sustaining his neliberal powers by sniffing the essence out of children was kind of funny, too. Also didnt know what the guy was about at that point as well.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
thinking about the smug redhat self insert with the accurately depicted lovely wispy beard always makes me laugh

like, even the idealized artists’ rendition of himself looks like a greasy skeeve, how bad is the real thing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

as always, the only good conservative critiques are the ones that also work as leftist critiques of centrists

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Deified Data posted:

It's not even 65-year-old Fox News aggrievement, it's 15-year-old boy whining about how girls are icky and gross and messing up AD&D. But he's not even putting in the usual complaint that he's forced to play with her because she's dating the DM, so he just comes off as a little bitch who can't bring himself to stop playing games with someone who is supposedly ruining it for everyone.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

George has all the opinions of a 35 year old reddit addict, all the way down to giving a poo poo about "traditional games" controversies. The average Fox News viewer thinks D&D is a New Age thing their weird niece is into.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
glad he labeled the chopper or I would have been lost

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

why is the president driving a tank

when did the shagohod become a viable nuclear platform

why are they gonna set it off right next to biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The beware of dog sign with the terrified pup is actually a good joke, drat you Garrison

The blackrock comet is also one of those "we're all trying to find the guy who did this" moments, like oh the big investment fund you don't want to tax or regulate? They're doing bad stuff with all the money you want them to have? They're beyond the reach of the securities laws you don't want to exist?

E: nice trolling with the "My Body My Choice" sign while being an anti-abortion fanatic himself

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

George has all the opinions of a 35 year old reddit addict, all the way down to giving a poo poo about "traditional games" controversies. The average Fox News viewer thinks D&D is a New Age thing their weird niece is into.

Or that it's turning her into a real no-poo poo wizard with demonic wizard powers.

It's hard to tell whether he has those opinions or if he's just grifting off the pathetic reddit gamer set. Like when Milo Yianappo-whatever started out pandering to cranky olds with articles about how video games are turning America's young men into fat weak losers lost in a fantasy world, and then realized that white nerds with the disposable income for sweet gaming rigs were a gold mine waiting for anyone willing to pander to their insecurities about games existing that don't cater solely to them. And boy did he succeed for a while at turning their rage into $500 sushi boats and $1000 bottles of champagne

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Aug 4, 2021