Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I'll be honest. I was in Test for many years.......I was with a great group of guys in my corp and we pulled our weight.....All of these wars, constant fleets, Sitting online for hours waiting and nothing happening, plus the random and almost childish crap coming from the Top just made the game mind numbing and dull. Yeah wars are fun at first and the epic battles to be had are exciting but after awhile there needs to be a set plan in place. An end goal. Test has never had an "End Goal" its just been Fight, Retreat, Fight some more and settle into a lull. Atleast the Goons had something worth fighting for. Hell Test did too in Eso. We were living large and in charge in our lil Slice of heaven. The fact that Vily and PLG and all the "Top" people moved out left line members with trillions in isk sitting places and literally abandoned an army as it were shows the true ideals of what Test has become. Which from my eyes is "Ill make sure im good whilst the rest of you rot." Test used to be so much fun. We used to be an Alliance of corps that you'd want to have your corp join. Now sadly I cant see anyone wanting to join Test if they arent already there. Its actually hard to see why Line member Corps are still willing to Fly in Test. Corps poured Isk out like water, line members poured isk out like water and for what? NO SRP because of "Financials" BS where did all the Rent isk go? All the Corp Alliance money? Where are all the Trillions in ISK that we had? The Industrial updated didnt kill the isk intake......The Top officers in the Alliance have literally stacked that isk and are doing their own things.....Its a shame that Test become the way it did honestly some of my best times in EVE were spent in test but also alot of bad times and one of the main reasons i left eve for awhile is because TEST made EVE worse than the real world sometimes.

Very Respectfully,

Zeller Azaph (Former MMDS member who still has Billions in ESO and throughout the map.....)

Otacon fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"I can't believe the cheetah ate *my* face!" :cry:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Otacon posted:

I'll be honest. I was in Test for many years.......I was with a great group of guys in my corp and we pulled our weight.....All of these wars, constant fleets, Sitting online for hours waiting and nothing happening, plus the random and almost childish crap coming from the Top just made the game mind numbing and dull. Yeah wars are fun at first and the epic battles to be had are exciting but after awhile there needs to be a set plan in place. An end goal. Test has never had an "End Goal" its just been Fight, Retreat, Fight some more and settle into a lull. Atleast the Goons had something worth fighting for. Hell Test did too in Eso. We were living large and in charge in our lil Slice of heaven. The fact that Vily and PLG and all the "Top" people moved out left line members with trillions in isk sitting places and literally abandoned an army as it were shows the true ideals of what Test has become. Which from my eyes is "Ill make sure im good whilst the rest of you rot." Test used to be so much fun. We used to be an Alliance of corps that you'd want to have your corp join. Now sadly I cant see anyone wanting to join Test if they arent already there. Its actually hard to see why Line member Corps are still willing to Fly in Test. Corps poured Isk out like water, line members poured isk out like water and for what? NO SRP because of "Financials" BS where did all the Rent isk go? All the Corp Alliance money? Where are all the Trillions in ISK that we had? The Industrial updated didnt kill the isk intake......The Top officers in the Alliance have literally stacked that isk and are doing their own things.....Its a shame that Test become the way it did honestly some of my best times in EVE were spent in test but also alot of bad times and one of the main reasons i left eve for awhile is because TEST made EVE worse than the real world sometimes.

Very Respectfully,

Zeller Azaph (Former MMDS member who still has Billions in ESO and throughout the map.....)

Where did the rental isk go??

Welllet me tell you.. isnt it odd that their leadership all have titans but none of them ever krab?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
In the original sov system with POS sov Delve really was a fortress because BoB could park 3 Titans on a gate and DD when we jumped in and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it. Mittani headshoting BoB is what made it vulnerable because they lost the sov level you need for cyno jammers and so BoB hid all their caps in PR- when we glassed the region.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In the original sov system with POS sov Delve really was a fortress because BoB could park 3 Titans on a gate and DD when we jumped in and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it.

The funny thing about that is that what we did with fighter clouds behind a jammed system in 1DQ1-A is pretty similar to this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

(on what will happen now that we won in delve)

Goons reclaim their space, go back to crabbing, TEST takes space in drones or that ruski area next to drones and eventually failcascades. Other legacy groups and some other random smaller groups take old legacy space and get farmed for content/become goon bluetralls. Everyone crabs for 2 years in preperation for the next war.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, is there a way to cancel spooling up a micro jump field generator?

Asking for a friend that may have booshed Slaavback's fleet into PDS by accident.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Where do I go to start the ‘rejoin goons after last playing since before we lost dek’ stuff :derp:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this reconquest is such fun there are MULTIPLE finance directors logged in and shooting structures on their own

luv2login, take that athanor

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

hbag posted:

i even made a dynamic signature badge to comemmorate my HEFTY rap sheet

and nah id literally never played eve before today i joined to Post Goodly

I joined Karmafleet and then I saw all the good-rear end posts from Waffe guys, So I came here to read more good-rear end posts from the wellspring.

I was obviously misled but now I have to keep posting or my :10bux: is wasted.

OAquinas posted:

Just lol at anyone lending Test 5 trillion.

Just lol at TEST

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

(actually my own post this time)

This is the first time I've ever been on the winning side of one of these wars. I've never been a part of the rebuilding portion before.

What doctrine changes can I expect to need skills for going forward?

So I came back shortly after the horn was sounded, and over basically the last 10 months I've trained two characters into carriers, one into a T2 dread, and both into multiple doctrine subcaps. Since capitals are pretty expensive right now, I'm probably going to stop the carrier guys at level 4 fighter skills and focus more on subcaps, right?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

this reconquest is such fun there are MULTIPLE finance directors logged in and shooting structures on their own

hostiles doing the tallsting portion of the war first really was loving weird

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CopperHound posted:

Hey, is there a way to cancel spooling up a micro jump field generator?

Asking for a friend that may have booshed Slaavback's fleet into PDS by accident.

You can always yell to have someone scram you

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In the original sov system with POS sov Delve really was a fortress because BoB could park 3 Titans on a gate and DD when we jumped in and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it. Mittani headshoting BoB is what made it vulnerable because they lost the sov level you need for cyno jammers and so BoB hid all their caps in PR- when we glassed the region.

It might seem/sound like :tinfoil: but my guess is that the T20-level collusion went way deeper in the Bad Old Days. Titans were a gift to BoB, which is why ASCN being the first to build one aroused so much of their ire.

Remote doomsdays and POS bowling were 100% kosher until the first Goon titans hit the field, at which point the Devs couldn't remove and ban both respectively fast enough.

CCP tried to singlehandedly hand the endgame trophy to BoB by giving them the biggest head start and leg up in EvE history. Pretty sure that's why they copped to T20's poo poo so readily, because it was admitting guilt to a far lesser offense, after which they could just rest on their laurels and dismiss further scrutiny as hearsay and speculation.

BoB *deserved* what happened to them. It's clear they just expected the Devs to protect them from their own ineptness because they clearly had done just that so many times in the past.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Logged in for the first time in a while. All of delve is going loving crazy. One of my characters was undocked in a myrm in some random rear end system. I set my destination to 1DQ and said "gently caress it". On the way I kept seeing the same poo poo. Goons bubbling gates, reds flying into them one at a time to get blown up. Every system is this. They login, attempt to evac what they have through a gate, get blown up. Over and over and over. I slow boated to 1dq and I barely had to be careful.

This reminds me like a city in a riot. People are zooming all over the place and there is massive chaos. Explosions, looting, and sadistic glee.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Bumping this from a while ago, seeing if it gets the attention of the higher-ups.

Acquilae posted:

Hey everyone, looking for some help:

Joined in ~2015 and was pretty active until about 2018. Looked to come back recently (first last year then got swamped with work) and saw that my forum account was banned, so couldn't use the normal returning vacationers method. Did some research wondering if I broke a rule somewhere, and pretty sure it was one I found on some reddit thread about alts on ESI in other corps having to be in Black Hand and being an idiot by having a ratting alt in PH.

I followed the Process C wiki directions and contacted the newbies account, who recommended to post here so I'm seeing if there's a way to be reinstated or if I'm SOL here.

Thanks!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

evilweasel posted:

Call me when Deadtear logs in

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

welp im now sat in delve placing buy orders and Trading poo poo

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Remote doomsdays and POS bowling were 100% kosher until the first Goon titans hit the field, at which point the Devs couldn't remove and ban both respectively fast enough.
This doesn't get enough attention: POS bowling (warping a titan into a hostile POS shield, bumping ships inside the POS out of the shield) was declared an exploit less than an hour after goons did it for the first time. This was during the First War against BoB, during which shrike and molle did this repeatedly for months.

Remote doomsdays were complete bullshit, but I believe they were removed before goons got a titan.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Ugh moving at the worst time.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
This is exactly why I hate Matani. He can't shut his loving mouth long enough to get congratulated on victory. Exactly like the little loud mouthed gently caress in middle school that gets punched in the face and runs to the principal. He needs his teeth knocked in.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Dear God this is well done

https://youtu.be/5gsCZLnE3ks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dik Hz posted:

This doesn't get enough attention: POS bowling (warping a titan into a hostile POS shield, bumping ships inside the POS out of the shield) was declared an exploit less than an hour after goons did it for the first time. This was during the First War against BoB, during which shrike and molle did this repeatedly for months.

Remote doomsdays were complete bullshit, but I believe they were removed before goons got a titan.

Remote doomsday were removed in summer 2007 when the Red Swarm Federation was barely able to form fleets because it was so hopeless in the face of the I Win button.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Perfect.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy

Yessssssss!!

Now watch Goons stampede over half the Galaxy for the next year. Priceless.

Jintozook81 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 4, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remote doomsday were removed in summer 2007 when the Red Swarm Federation was barely able to form fleets because it was so hopeless in the face of the I Win button.

Which, again - just goes to show how inept and idiotic BoB was - they couldn't help themselves. If they'd been smarter and judiciously used DDs to force us to run double and triple-tanked battleships in perpetuity, they'd have kept that advantage far longer.

But no, the ~EvE Elite~ wanted to show off their "I Win" buttons as often as they could, because surely if they just kept it up, we'd give up, right? I mean, any logical and sane entity wouldn't keep throwing their fleets into the woodchipper, right?

Right!?!??!?!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Goons reclaim their space, go back to crabbing, TEST takes space in drones or that ruski area next to drones and eventually failcascades. Other legacy groups and some other random smaller groups take old legacy space and get farmed for content/become goon bluetralls. Everyone crabs for 2 years in preperation for the next war.

I probably wont be able to help reconquer and crush test.. im a casual & poor line member. But one thing i dont need to startcwith "test is now" are doctrine ships. Im very well supplied and as I said, im poor in game.

If I'm ready,you can bet othet goons are way more ready.

Whoever thinks we need to krab for 2 years before going on the offensive is deluded.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Dalmuti posted:

This is exactly why I hate Matani. He can't shut his loving mouth long enough to get congratulated on victory. Exactly like the little loud mouthed gently caress in middle school that gets punched in the face and runs to the principal. He needs his teeth knocked in.

Listening to Mittani last night turned me on so much, im not even gay and i wanted to blow him

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Sorry Mittani, just in case, it was a one time offer and the opportunity has passed.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’m sure as poo poo not spending two years krabbing. I think we go rampaging soon.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The best part about this rebuild is that poopsocking moons doesn’t exist so there’s no huge scramble to find a system with good moons so much meaning the wealth isn’t (continuing to be) consolidated in just a few.

That IS a good change CCP did.

I say this as a person who initially gained my own wealth from moons.

The everygoon CAN make it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i have been giggling at this for about 16 hours now after atrum linked it

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlushyObeseCaiman-mobile.mp4

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I just bought a carrier. Will it be useful in an offensive war?

Edit: a suitcase is always good, but talking about the usage in war 😇

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Does test even have structures left outside of delve?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

i have been giggling at this for about 16 hours now after atrum linked it

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlushyObeseCaiman-mobile.mp4

This has sound, btw, for anyone seeing it for the first time.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
When’s crapswarm coming back?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:yeeclaw:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The better move would be to do a quick burn of the regions we want back, then cut the sigs and squads loose while we anchor our new strategic keeps/etc, then once a “Good enough” defensive position is in place start building a new eye of terror.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The better move would be to do a quick burn of the regions we want back, then cut the sigs and squads loose while we anchor our new strategic keeps/etc, then once a “Good enough” defensive position is in place start building a new eye of terror.

I expect this is the way it will be. Thankfully, it looks like it will only take a week or two to burn poo poo down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lolling and lmaoing at PAPI caps getting merked on their way home

Those crazy fucks in white sky had a zirnitra in siege abs multiple titans doinsdaying capitals off a PAPI keep undock