Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

neoaxd posted:

Rape jokes are over the line yeah but a stinky vagina joke is so childish and stupid that I can't parse it as anything else than a dumb heel willingly demonstrating that he's an idiot child.

Taken out of context, sure, but when added with the other stuff it just comes across as gross and misogynistic.

Also, while I can definitely see your point, it's the kind of insult that really doesn't have a place in AEW, which has positioned itself as being more inclusive and diverse. Make fun of their opponent's wrestling ability, sure, but leave the 19-year-old's vagina out of it. There's no place for that particular insult in AEW (or anywhere, really), any more than there was a place for it when JR said he wished Anna Jay had a wardrobe malfunction that one time (and which numerous people here were outraged about, and justifiably so).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Taken out of context, sure, but when added with the other stuff it just comes across as gross and misogynistic.

Also, while I can definitely see your point, it's the kind of insult that really doesn't have a place in AEW, which has positioned itself as being more inclusive and diverse. Make fun of their opponent's wrestling ability, sure, but leave the 19-year-old's vagina out of it. There's no place for that particular insult in AEW (or anywhere, really), any more than there was a place for it when JR said he wished Anna Jay had a wardrobe malfunction that one time (and which numerous people here were outraged about, and justifiably so).

:emptyquote:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Plus the misogyny in Max’s entrance raps isn’t an isolated incident. This is just the worst it’s gotten.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Would you say this to Thunder Rosa's face? Y/N? If N, start over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't really think that's an equivalent comparison.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Man, I am not begrudging anyone their right to take issue with the bad rap, but I am bewildered at the idea of equating an in-character schoolyard insult from a heel talking about a stinky vagina to the creepy old man commentator volunteering that he would enjoy seeing his conventionally attractive co-worker naked

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

It wasn’t about being loving right but stating the last time I said something it got a poo poo response and that I was trying to say something again about my discomfort despite folks’ making it as unnecessarily unpleasant as possible

Implying a vagina is dirty/unhygienic comes with a lot more societal weight and shame than some folks might be aware of. It loving sucks.

This thread can be a lot of fun to read and sometimes even to participate in but the complaints about x-many hundreds of posts are disingenuous when the majority are dismissing or mocking discussing a legitimate problem people have with something on the show

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think aside from the tampon line about the Young Bucks (I think that's who it was?), Max's raps tend to be a bit less racy or lovely on Dynamite versus the Youtube shows. I'm wondering if this is by design, because there aren't partners or censors or whoever that need to clear anything he says on Youtube unlike TNT? I can't remember which bad lines of his have been on Dynamite vs Youtube, but in my brain I associate more of this stuff with Dark than Dynamite.

I can see people making an argument that the Simone Biles line is okay because she's a public figure and it's a big story, but it's still pretty lovely especially to her because she's going through some things. The Duke line went over my head because I guess that story was outside of my gravitational pull, but the Julia line is just dumb and childish as have been all of the Julia lines the past few weeks.

I doubt Max gets any heat from this because I doubt Tony doesn't clear the lines before they're used and I'd be surprised if he didn't run them all past the other wrestlers he's targeting, but I also agree that someone like Julia gets put in a weird situation because she's young, new, and it might be harder for her to shoot down a lovely line.

In summation: it stinks!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

This thread can be a lot of fun to read and sometimes even to participate in

Gonna have to stop you right there

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

explosivo posted:

Would you say this to Thunder Rosa's face? Y/N? If N, start over.
Oh man now I want to see Thunder Rosa squash Platinum Max

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i hope max castor has learned his lesson and only does respectful mindful raps now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

kitten emergency posted:

i hope max castor has learned his lesson and only does respectful mindful raps now

I'm lyrical Max with the miracle flow,
My rhymes are nice now so I can stay on the show

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Oh man now I want to see Thunder Rosa squash Platinum Max

Sorry coward Tony won't let intergender wrestling happen. You'll have to settle for a fire thunder driver as an aside to what ever match is happening.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

IIRC, she got squashed by Nyla in her AEW debut so she probably had that body language because she knew what was coming.

As people said that was her tag tournament debut. The match you're talking about she came out bursting with tears cause she was super emotional about just being signed

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

We agreed not to talk about Julia like this

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yes, Max made that very clear!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who's gonna turn up tonight to pop the number

i'm thinking undertakre mark calloway

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

xbilkis posted:

I'm lyrical Max with the miracle flow,
My rhymes are nice now so I can stay on the show

My new bro Logic is here to say
Mental health is serious in a respectful way

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

xbilkis posted:

Man, I am not begrudging anyone their right to take issue with the bad rap, but I am bewildered at the idea of equating an in-character schoolyard insult from a heel talking about a stinky vagina to the creepy old man commentator volunteering that he would enjoy seeing his conventionally attractive co-worker naked

The equating was "neither one of those things should have a place in AEW", hth

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm weighing up what this thread would say about if Max rapped about Nyla and that you are internally already assuming what he would say with certainty and debating whether its over the line is the problem.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it'll be papa shango

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's Mean Mark Callus doing in the Dynamite zone???

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lid posted:

I'm weighing up what this thread would say about if Max rapped about Nyla and that you are internally already assuming what he would say with certainty and debating whether its over the line is the problem.

Just invented a new Max Caster line and thread reaction to be mad at

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Let's get Max with Will Smith, teach him Big Willie Style clean raps.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xbilkis posted:

Rape jokes are ok but transphobia is where i draw the line.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

It wasn’t about being loving right but stating the last time I said something it got a poo poo response and that I was trying to say something again about my discomfort despite folks’ making it as unnecessarily unpleasant as possible

Implying a vagina is dirty/unhygienic comes with a lot more societal weight and shame than some folks might be aware of. It loving sucks.

This thread can be a lot of fun to read and sometimes even to participate in but the complaints about x-many hundreds of posts are disingenuous when the majority are dismissing or mocking discussing a legitimate problem people have with something on the show

Look you're really harshing The Vibe, giving the thread a real negative energy. We can't have that, this is an Enjoyment Only Zone.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Max will come out tonight to apologize and somehow imply Moxley & Kingston are homosexual

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Max Caster makes a 9/11 joke will people claim they haven't heard about that too

xbilkis posted:

it's super fun tbh

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Golden Bee posted:

Max will come out tonight to apologize and somehow imply Moxley & Kingston are homosexual

We said bad stuff but not on TV/the Bucks wear the Horns of Cuckoldry

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
a 9/11 joke wouldn't provoke the same level of outrage here, but would probably get castor in more trouble irl tbh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

making up the bad raps in my head to own myself

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

So are we cancelling Dark Order & Hangman for spending months bullying Alan Angels over his penis too?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

a 9/11 joke wouldn't provoke the same level of outrage here, but would probably get castor in more trouble irl tbh.

(Checks the date of AEW Grand Slam) Uh oh!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

yeah we've hit the "inventing poo poo just to be mad at it" level usually reserved for the psychotic reservoirs of Twitter, it's time to stop posting about this

Malakai Black storyline kind of reminding me of the DDP/Undertaker stuff, except this seems like the correct way to do things i.e. going after the biggest dog in the yard, albeit successfully. Though with a lack of Malakai stalking Cody's dog

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yo yo yo yo yo yo
Check it

You in over yo head dog you must be swimin,
But its very important that we respect women

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Max making a 9/11 joke would be the way he wins back everyone's hearts.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lid posted:

Oh my god

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Let's get Max with Will Smith, teach him Big Willie Style clean raps.

Listen to Patents Just Don't Understand again. I promise you don't remember the later verses

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Maxlemore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:gas: