Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Call me when Deadtear logs in

for some reason my locator agent says he's still in Etherium Reach?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Dalael posted:

Does test even have structures left outside of delve?

Does TTT count? :haw:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lolling and lmaoing at PAPI caps getting merked on their way home

Those crazy fucks in white sky had a zirnitra in siege abs multiple titans doinsdaying capitals off a PAPI keep undock

they were warned not to stage in T5 by people who Actually Know What The gently caress

warnings were dismissed as goon trolling

they were told with hard evidence over the past weekend that they need to start evacuating because the leadership was already doing so

warnings were dismissed as goon trolling

dunk was told to run away from the war to save himself and not be slaughtered by our vengeance

warnings were dismissed

our leadership has been consistent and brutally honest with the truth about the PAPI war goals, why they thought they were impossible, and there is ample evidence in two books dedicated to this game's history about why that is

warnings were dismissed as propagoonda

honestly, there have been so many opportunities for line members and member corporations and even member alliances to see the writing on the wall and not join up with this fight in the first place or at least walk away when it became obvious it was hopeless

gently caress 'em. you can't force people to get vaccinated, you can't force people to care about the quality of their local education system, you can't force people to care about the infrastructure that serves them day in and day out, and you can't force people to watch out for their interests in video games

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Cenodoxus posted:

Does TTT count? :haw:

Not anymore :laugh:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TTT never counted; to my knowledge they aren't the sole managers

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I may have once suggested negotiation with the enemy for peaceful coexistence once hellcamp happened. Man was I ever wrong, and happy to be so

Follow TEST home. Wipe them out. Amazing work dudes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

I may have once suggested negotiation with the enemy for peaceful coexistence once hellcamp happened. Man was I ever wrong, and happy to be so

Follow TEST home. Wipe them out. Amazing work dudes.

You can't really wipe anyone out. The best you can hope for is failure cascade and they never reform.

But as NC.dotte.mkII can attest, you can't really ever *MAKE* anyone go away forever.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
It's starting to hit me that the days of blocking out the sky with fighters may be coming to an end. This is by far the most action my supercarrier has seen, and i'll miss it so.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Not An Arsonist posted:

It's starting to hit me that the days of blocking out the sky with fighters may be coming to an end. This is by far the most action my supercarrier has seen, and i'll miss it so.

At least I finally got to use a capital before I had to drop off for IRL stuff.

Though chasing Test down and exterminating them may give use for caps yet.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Extermination" is their gimmick. Revenge is ours.

They're already chronic ragequitters, they don't need to be "exterminated," they'll eat each other. All you have to do is *mildly inconvenience them*.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All you have to do is *mildly inconvenience them*.

A goon that logs in and undocks is an inconvenience :smug:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Hmmmm congrats on the big W and outlasting the blue doughnut.

It’ll be interesting to see if Panfam comes to beat up on us next in lowsec as a morale boost.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remote doomsday were removed in summer 2007 when the Red Swarm Federation was barely able to form fleets because it was so hopeless in the face of the I Win button.

I remember (correctly or not?) some smug loving CCP employee vague posting on the official forums that the remote dd mechanic wasn’t horribly unbalanced and that there was *totally some counter to it i promise* but refused to elaborate. And continued to never elaborate after the bullshit was removed.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

I remember (correctly or not?) some smug loving CCP employee vague posting on the official forums that the remote dd mechanic wasn’t horribly unbalanced and that there was *totally some counter to it i promise* but refused to elaborate. And continued to never elaborate after the bullshit was removed.

the counter was to stop playing eve, obviously

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, it was "somehow destroy the covops lighting the cyno in the 3-5 second timeframe before detonation." And 2-3 of those seconds were wasted on invulnerability.

And fragmenting your fleets between grids or whole systems so you wouldn't lose all of them at once. Everything panning out to the other side having a huge strategic advantage because you had to gimp yourself defensively when prosecuting an offensive. They didn't have to DD tank their battleships and HACs because they had full control over their use.

Again, going back to the point that BoB was literally *handed* the keys to EvE and STILL MANAGED TO gently caress IT UP.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Loky11 posted:

Hmmmm congrats on the big W and outlasting the blue doughnut.

It’ll be interesting to see if Panfam comes to beat up on us next in lowsec as a morale boost.

Why would the boost your morale though

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

oh they did

it was bumping neuting naglfars

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, it was "somehow destroy the covops lighting the cyno in the 3-5 second timeframe before detonation." And 2-3 of those seconds were wasted on invulnerability.

And fragmenting your fleets between grids or whole systems so you wouldn't lose all of them at once. Everything panning out to the other side having a huge strategic advantage because you had to gimp yourself defensively when prosecuting an offensive. They didn't have to DD tank their battleships and HACs because they had full control over their use.

Again, going back to the point that BoB was literally *handed* the keys to EvE and STILL MANAGED TO gently caress IT UP.

We didn't beat them by playing EVE. We beat them because a BoB director had a spy in GSF and the guy went, "huh, goons are nice."

That's why goons care about culture and taking care of line members.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They didn't even use CovOps. They used loving newbie frigates. Warp in, light cyno, fire through cyno, entire grid takes 45k damage.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dik Hz posted:

They didn't even use CovOps. They used loving newbie frigates. Warp in, light cyno, fire through cyno, entire grid takes 45k damage.

100k dmg.

I remember getting surprised by the BoB Ragnarok once in an RRBS fleet but all the minmatar bs survived.

Then we got DD'd by shrike.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

We didn't beat them by playing EVE. We beat them because a BoB director had a spy in GSF and the guy went, "huh, goons are nice."

That's why goons care about culture and taking care of line members.

that didn't beat them

that dropped their unbeatable sov4 defenses, but they still had all their titans, all of delve, all of their pos, all everything except sov4

they still needed to get shithoused after that right out of delve

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Has a trade ever been considered for the goonfleet corp and the bandofbrothers corp?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

Has a trade ever been considered for the goonfleet corp and the bandofbrothers corp?

we control neither iirc

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

evilweasel posted:

that didn't beat them

that dropped their unbeatable sov4 defenses, but they still had all their titans, all of delve, all of their pos, all everything except sov4

they still needed to get shithoused after that right out of delve

I don't care to argue semantics 12 years after the fact, but I think we agree that would not have been possible without Haargoth.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I don't care to argue semantics 12 years after the fact, but I think we agree that would not have been possible without Haargoth.

:agreed:

EvE would be a dead game even deader by now if BoB had been allowed to persist. They would have fractured under their own hatred of each other *eventually*, but you would've had some "Seven Kingdoms" horseshit going on after that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh definitely not

it just wasn't easy after that, merely possible

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Haargoth returned for this war, btw. He’s been in fleets.

The Horn of Goondor really did bring great names from the dead. It’s some Legion of the Damned stuff - a troupe of ancient warriors cast adrift in space and time who show up in the absolute greatest moment of need.

The Legion of the Hammed

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 4, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

the counter was to stop playing eve, obviously

Hbag posts in yospos and as is tradition, make sure to tell them to go to bed if it is 4a gmt

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Why do people take astero in bombing fleets ? Defense from the odd frigate or destroyer small gang ?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Krogort posted:

Why do people take astero in bombing fleets ? Defense from the odd frigate or destroyer small gang ?

It's a good scanning ship that you can fly quickly? With an alpha clone!

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 4, 2021

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So with the withdrawal, is Test leaving billions in the reserve banks?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

quote:

You’ve paid the price during the age of abundance. We’ll see how much you're willing to pay now

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dirk Pitt posted:

So with the withdrawal, is Test leaving billions in the reserve banks?

yep, nobody's really looted them

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

It's a good scanning ship that you can fly quickly? With an alpha clone!

Defense from some 1337 pvper in assfrig or attack ceptor deciding they can farm bomber kills. Also no an alpha clone can't use covops or a regular cloak, whereas all asteros run the former.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
First Delve i-Hub back in Goon hands

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
So I recovered my ancient eve account, joined Goonwaffe ingame, and added my characters into the ESI system. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to log in and get to purging. I've got some fond memories cynoing capital fleets around Delve back when we were burning all of BOBs poo poo down.

Edit: My character has 80m skillpoints, exclusively in non capital ships. What's the best thing to fly if I'm still on an Alpha account? From what I can see ingame I have the max combat skills you can have unless I pony up for Omega. Also the game says I have 5b in assets, how do I figure out where the hell that is since I only have 160m isk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

First Delve i-Hub back in Goon hands

:toot:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sickening posted:

Logged in for the first time in a while. All of delve is going loving crazy. One of my characters was undocked in a myrm in some random rear end system. I set my destination to 1DQ and said "gently caress it". On the way I kept seeing the same poo poo. Goons bubbling gates, reds flying into them one at a time to get blown up. Every system is this. They login, attempt to evac what they have through a gate, get blown up. Over and over and over. I slow boated to 1dq and I barely had to be careful.

This reminds me like a city in a riot. People are zooming all over the place and there is massive chaos. Explosions, looting, and sadistic glee.

There are also random gangs of neutrals trying to pick off stragglers

They've killed me three times already but I ain't even mad, it's pandemonium out there

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
What took them a year to build, is being torn down like the straw house it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dalmuti posted:

This is exactly why I hate Matani. He can't shut his loving mouth long enough to get congratulated on victory. Exactly like the little loud mouthed gently caress in middle school that gets punched in the face and runs to the principal. He needs his teeth knocked in.

Our poo poo clown leader, Matani