Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's just an absolute fuckload of new games launching today, so make sure you give KS a look

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?category_id=34&sort=newest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Infinitum posted:

There's just an absolute fuckload of new games launching today, so make sure you give KS a look

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?category_id=34&sort=newest

You ain’t kidding, is this a “pencilled in for around Gencon glut”

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Meanwhile Limbo: Eternal War is going to close their kickstarter and try again in 4 weeks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limbominiatures/limbo-eternal-war-15?ref=user_menu

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In addition to all the new Kickstarter launches, I'd also like to mention Lands of Galzyr on Gamefound:
https://gamefound.com/projects/snowdale/lands-of-galzyr#/

It's in the Dale of Merchants/Dawn of Peacemakers universe and seems to be a pretty chill open-world adventure game.
I should mention it needs a web-based app for a storybook, but the developer has mentioned that once you access the site, you can download/cache it and have everything offline. It's just a basic website interface.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 3, 2021

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

fallingdownjoe posted:

Holy poo poo this looks amazing and I want to paint all of the toys

I backed the Dog and Cat ones and was pleased. But I'm not sure anyone would be displeased with a Husky Paladin.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
While I'm otherwise interested in the Avatar rpg, I just am exhausted by all the pbta games I already have stockpiled :(

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Lol, I didn’t know Trump was making KS. “People say to me all the time ‘thank you for doing this’.”

Big men, strong men, come up to me all the time with tears in their eyes and say “Sir, thank you so much for letting me buy a case of your game sir” and they want to hug me and kiss me LIKE A DOG. *snnnffffffft* Remember sailor!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

HidaO-Win posted:

I know TCG Kickstarter’s are rife with speculators looking to pump and dump limited run product, so it could be one of those deals.

There were shenanigans around Metazoo after Flesh and Blood went insane last year.

Funding's been cancelled by the way, with people in the comments unclear as to why and the discord apparently having been taken down.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

From that suspicious TCG KS:

quote:

I mean at least he declined before the Kampagne ended so everyone gets their money back. If he wanted he could finish the campagne, never deliver and take 220.000 usd for a new life lol. Or missed I something? Maybe he was scared because people called him out. What a shame

Pretty sure if it's not a game about that one region of France, it's just a sparkling kickstarter.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

dwarf74 posted:

While I'm otherwise interested in the Avatar rpg, I just am exhausted by all the pbta games I already have stockpiled :(

Also Mark Diaz Truman is involved

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ego Trip posted:

Also Mark Diaz Truman is involved
Ah yeah, didn't even notice....

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Arydia is live.

This is a big BIG box with a big rear end price tag..
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/faroffgames/arydia-the-paths-we-dare-tread

$258 AUD for the all in pledge
:captainpop:

Looks like a looooot of game in this though.
50+ pre-painted miniatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNB1tw94DLk

A lot of stuff, maybe. Not sure "a lot of game". There's four very basic character classes and supposedly around 40 hours of campaign. To be clear, that's a reasonable amount of play, and I think the price is probably fair given the large number of painted minis and the going prices on such things (although I personally do not find them to contribute any value that justifies such going prices). But there are a lot of options that constitute more game for similar or less money. Or at the very least did when funding.

Legends of Galzyr, for example, is about half the price and I think is liable to work better for me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

dwarf74 posted:

The $75 pledge tier is shaping up to be a hell of a bargain though. All physical stretch goals included, the only stuff you aren't getting is the premium dice and bag (basics are still included) and the special book cover

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Or get even more bang for your buck with my special package, not funding Magpie Games projects. It's a savings of 100%!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
aw beans, what level of bad is Magpie? Bad at fulfillment? Active nazis?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Still hasn't apologized for throwing people under the bus in favor of Zak

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

jivjov posted:

aw beans, what level of bad is Magpie? Bad at fulfillment? Active nazis?

Truman wrote a whole long blogpost about how people were being mean to Zak S and he wouldn't do business with them because they were being bullies. This was before Mandy's allegations but after Zak had a long established history of harassment.
Edit: here's the blog post https://magpiegames.com/2016/07/26/two-minutes-hate/

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ah gently caress. That blows.

No more shilling for the project for me--I was looking at the license, not the publisher.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Kwyndig posted:

Still hasn't apologized for throwing people under the bus in favor of Zak

He has, as linked in the top of his blog post. I thought there was some separate reason that people here didn't accept it the apology, but it may just have been due to the ridiculous circumstances of the original post.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

EverettLO posted:

He has, as linked in the top of his blog post. I thought there was some separate reason that people here didn't accept it the apology, but it may just have been due to the ridiculous circumstances of the original post.

Speaking only for myself, I do find the apology offered to be wholly inadequate for, as you put it, the ridiculous circumstances of the original post. Frankly I also find the decision to leave the original post up to be baffling as hell, I guess it's supposed to be for "accountability" but it gives me the same feeling as a smear-laden newspaper editorial with a tiny little postscript at the end going "whoops we named the wrong person here, our bad."

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Speaking only for myself, I do find the apology offered to be wholly inadequate for, as you put it, the ridiculous circumstances of the original post. Frankly I also find the decision to leave the original post up to be baffling as hell, I guess it's supposed to be for "accountability" but it gives me the same feeling as a smear-laden newspaper editorial with a tiny little postscript at the end going "whoops we named the wrong person here, our bad."

If he wiped it from the internet there'd absolutely be people saying he's trying to erase his mistakes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Looking thorugh some of the big campaigns I saw Chornicles of Drunagor found a way to one up Total Recall:

NSFW

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I remember the apology being very much a non-apology, yeah. Did it even address the person who he actually broke off ties with in any way to say he was wrong?

It's kinda hard to convey how stupid the original post was. He bemoaned how much he trusted his friend's judgment, and how his friend was someone who'd never lash out in unjustified anger, so when said friend called Literal Rapist Zack S- a Rapist rear end in a top hat- a garbage person, Mark had no choice but to sadly break off his long-running friendship on behalf of poor rapist Zack S' slandered reputation, oh no!

Absolute dumbfuck.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
That entire post is extremely baffling, and someone having that kind of take and support for Zak S in 2016 displays a severe lack of good judgment. Like, great, an apology, on a personal level that's nice or whatever, I just mean more that this guy was an adult, a businessman, when he made this post, so it reflects on his judgment overall, long term as an adult, in a way that sticks even if he's updated his opinion on the specific situation.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tsilkani posted:

If he wiped it from the internet there'd absolutely be people saying he's trying to erase his mistakes.

I get that and I get that for MDT it's probably a "rock and a hard place" situation, but it a situation of his own dumbass devising so I can't say I have a ton of sympathy for him.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

theironjef posted:

From that suspicious TCG KS:

Pretty sure if it's not a game about that one region of France, it's just a sparkling kickstarter.

$220,000 isn't exactly 'one last job' money.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

djfooboo posted:

Looking thorugh some of the big campaigns I saw Chornicles of Drunagor found a way to one up Total Recall:

NSFW

I've been getting ads for this front and center on Facebook, I'm pretty sure they're counting on the blank miniature not being recognizable at a glance to avoid getting banned.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Funding's been cancelled by the way, with people in the comments unclear as to why and the discord apparently having been taken down.

Some of the newer comments are alleging that a few big backers were pressuring the creator to sign over his business to them and spammed reports to shut the KS down when he refused. Don't know if you can get a KS taken down that way but :dogstare:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zombiedivision/neverheim-miniatures-game/posts/3256365

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 4, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ettin posted:

Some of the newer comments are alleging that a few big backers were pressuring the creator to sign over his business to them and spammed reports to shut the KS down when he refused.

Those comments being made by a Mr D, who assuredly is a real person and not one of project creator Devin Miner's masturbacking sockpuppets.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

good lord the quality is so bad especially for that price

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

CODChimera posted:

good lord the quality is so bad especially for that price
Almost none of their miniatures would work with injection molding either and they'd have to rework their entire, highly stylized minis.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Am I so out of touch? No, it's the backers who are wrong"

InternetJunky posted:

Almost none of their miniatures would work with injection molding either and they'd have to rework their entire, highly stylized minis.

Love when my minis snap in half due to how tiny the female waists are :v:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

JazzFlight posted:

LOL, is it just me or is there something weird going on with this campaign?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frcreator/final-redemption-tcg/description

It looks like your standard amateurish-level KS that usually doesn't get funded, yet it raised like $240,000+ with 700 backers? And then it only has 48 comments in the comments section?
Something seems really fishy.

I wanted to follow up on something like this, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Anyone know where I can learn about this sort of TCG/CCG limited product alleged scam? I've seen people talk about Metazoo and Flesh And Blood in such ways, but I dunno if that's just people being being accusatory or if there's merit to it.

I ask because I think an old CCG I follow might be the next rugpull.

Comp-U-Shit
Nov 14, 2008

Magnetic North posted:

I wanted to follow up on something like this, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Anyone know where I can learn about this sort of TCG/CCG limited product alleged scam? I've seen people talk about Metazoo and Flesh And Blood in such ways, but I dunno if that's just people being being accusatory or if there's merit to it.

I get similar sketchy feelings about Metazoo. I don't know if thats just me being biased because I think the game looks bad though. Flesh and Blood on the other hand is a very real game that is already organizing big tournaments around the world. It didn't do the crowdfunding approach either. It has the collectability model built-in and released around the time that MTG and Pokemon card prices were peaking so I think it got a crazy price boost based on the people already investing in card games.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm kind of curious how many kickstarters ever see serious legal action anyway. Someone upthread mentioned that $200k+ isn't "one last job" money and it isn't, but at the same time it doesn't seem like a lot of kickstarters that fall through or fail to manifest, whether due to fraudulence or simply failure to properly manage the project, ever actually reach the stage of lawsuits and legal consequences.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Magnetic North posted:

You're not thinking of Doomtown or Shadowfist, are you? Because both those are legit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also I just want to say that having looked over the Neverheim campaign, those minis are some of the ugliest fuckin things I've ever seen in my life.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Neverheim guy seems like a shady crook, but I can't bring myself to side with anyone enthusiastic about BGG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
What kind of legal action could you take against a kickstarter? I thought it was understood that a project could just fall through, or even be literal fraud with no intentions of ever delivering a product. I mean people get pissed all the time if and when that happens, it's not "commonly understood," but in terms of legal consequences I thought that's how it worked?
Like, every kickstarter I've ever supported has been with the understanding that it could just disappear into the air and the only consequences would be raising a stink and losing some reputation. The idea of actually suing is wild.