Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Continuing from that it seems Shoka’s done a fair amount of voice work (though nothing I really recognize aside from a bit part in the Legend of Korra) and so has Shiba for that matter, Rindo’s done two anime dubs prior to this, and NEO is literally Nagi’s first acting role from what I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Peewi posted:

I'm suddenly getting some extremely long load times we've going into battle (30+ seconds) and longer than previously loads when going between areas and battle rounds.

I tried restarting the game and then my PS5 completely and it's still happening. Anyone have suggestions for how to unfuck my game?

Well, to make sure my PS5 wasn't hosed I loaded up Demon's Souls. Afterwards I went back to Neo TWEWY and the load times were back to normal.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Araxxor posted:

Just a little warning. The W3D4 boss apparently prone to softlocking the game. Autosaves don't make it too much of a time loss but I just got hit by that, and apparently it's somewhat common enough to be known.

I figured out part of the trigger. It has to do with activating a Killer Remix at the wrong time (I think it might be right after a phase change or so), which confuses the boss and locks him up. Annoyingly enough, the same applies for the superboss version as well! :argh:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Larryb posted:

Continuing from that it seems Shoka’s done a fair amount of voice work (though nothing I really recognize aside from a bit part in the Legend of Korra) and so has Shiba for that matter, Rindo’s done two anime dubs prior to this, and NEO is literally Nagi’s first acting role from what I can see.

Where can I see the list of voice actors?

Can’t find the credits (outside of going through the end again)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Where can I see the list of voice actors?

Can’t find the credits (outside of going through the end again)

Here you go (though strangely this list doesn’t include the main TWEWY cast for some reason despite them all coming back for this):

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/NEO-The-World-Ends-With-You/

Speaking of voice actors, apparently Rhyme has a different actress both in Japan and the US in every TWEWY related thing from KH3D onward (despite her original VA Kate Higgins coming back as Uzuki in NEO). No idea why though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 4, 2021

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

It's there any way to get more dibaryon and sfermion besides buying it from Tokyu Hands?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What were people’s levels when they finished the game? I was level 39 on easy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm on week 2 and I'm level 49 because I'm playing almost exclusively on hard mode and also I keep going "ooh new pin, I'll level this pin, I can almost afford those pants, maybe I should raise my style those pants have a cool ability", and I look up and its been like two hours or whatever.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Levels seem to be relative in this game. I’m still level 27 on W3D5 (Easy mode) and can still take on Level 40+ dives without much difficulty. Having a decent set of pins (including two attack + healing ones) doesn’t hurt either.

So far my only game over was during the fight with Motoi but only because I didn’t catch on to their gimmick the first time around.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 5, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, being fair, literally the only thing level impacts is your max HP and generally I'm cranking that down for sweet sweet item drops.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

I was around 60 or 70. I fought at level 1 on Hard (outside of juggling) the whole way through for those sweet sweet drop rates.

Larryb posted:

Levels seem to be relative in this game. I’m still level 27 on W3D5 (Easy mode) and can still take on Level 40+ dives without much difficulty. Having a decent set of pins (including two attack + healing ones) doesn’t hurt either.

So far my only game over was during the fight with Motoi but only because I didn’t catch on to their gimmick the first time around.

All level does in TWEWY and NEO is affect your HP. Level 1 (without the upgrades) just forces you to fight at base HP, while levels add on like around 50 per level.

Lower levels does give you less room to mess up, but if you're good at not being hit, the benefits are super worth it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've hard a bunch of deaths to long chains and that's at about level parity for dives and stuff. Though i've only been playing on hard.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

I was around 60 or 70. I fought at level 1 on Hard (outside of juggling) the whole way through for those sweet sweet drop rates.

All level does in TWEWY and NEO is affect your HP. Level 1 (without the upgrades) just forces you to fight at base HP, while levels add on like around 50 per level.

Lower levels does give you less room to mess up, but if you're good at not being hit, the benefits are super worth it.

Yeah, it’s pins and threads that actually affect your stats (though Easy does give you a slight extra defense boost it seems).

Also, if playing on Easy reduces your overall PP for attacks does that mean that playing on Hard and Ultimate increases it?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Is there any way to tell which dive(s) you didn't gold? Chapter select shows like 1/3 or 2/3 but I can't figure out which I haven't done on W1D5. Or is there a list of all dives?

What pins are people using for endgame?

I've got:
135 Lightning in my Hands
166 Shishio (working on evolving)
154 Woolly Triple Axel
007 Topo the Ingenious
098 ShiDare Shade
140 Let the Storm Rage On

Any suggestions for upgrading?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I'm on week 2 and I'm level 49 because I'm playing almost exclusively on hard mode and also I keep going "ooh new pin, I'll level this pin, I can almost afford those pants, maybe I should raise my style those pants have a cool ability", and I look up and its been like two hours or whatever.

i'm on W2D4 and my max level is 67 because of this, plus all the time i spent grinding out the week 2 Scramble Slam

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

thehoodie posted:

Is there any way to tell which dive(s) you didn't gold? Chapter select shows like 1/3 or 2/3 but I can't figure out which I haven't done on W1D5. Or is there a list of all dives?

It shows your highest rank when you go to the location of the Dive itself. Far as I can tell that's the only way.

E; Also W1D5 has the single meanest to find Dive in the game, in my opinion, because it's the only one not attached to a sidequest or the critical path. I can all but guarantee if you're struggling to find one, it'll be a guy stood by the alley in Center Street who's there for when you need to Imprint at the start of the day.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 5, 2021

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011

Pencils R Cool posted:

I've got TWEWY Blue Balls from going 13 days without hearing Twister. It'd better be loving Hype when they finally drop it.

Just following up on my previous post with a Hell loving Yes, Son.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pencils R Cool posted:

Just following up on my previous post with a Hell loving Yes, Son.

They held back on hitting it so long but they hit it so perfectly hard when they do.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
hoep yuuoo discs an't scared

*you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, how do you evolve pins that have 3 question marks on said stat instead of a yes or a no?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

What does (late-ish memory upgrade) add another pin deck do? The one on the far right that costs 5FP. Does this mean I can have a second loadout of pins? Can I switch between them mid-battle?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
??? Pins evolve when they're equipped by certain characters. Apparently a late-game/post-game upgrade lets you know which characters evolve which pins but otherwise you have to risk massive massive spoilers.

The extra pin deck doesn't do anything in battle, it's just for, like, organization. I have a 'default' deck that realiably tackles long noise chains and I have a deck of Weird poo poo I'm trying to level up.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Artelier posted:

What does (late-ish memory upgrade) add another pin deck do? The one on the far right that costs 5FP. Does this mean I can have a second loadout of pins? Can I switch between them mid-battle?

Not mid-battle, but you can switch them from the menu. It's mainly a convenience thing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

??? Pins evolve when they're equipped by certain characters. Apparently a late-game/post-game upgrade lets you know which characters evolve which pins but otherwise you have to risk massive massive spoilers.

The extra pin deck doesn't do anything in battle, it's just for, like, organization. I have a 'default' deck that realiably tackles long noise chains and I have a deck of Weird poo poo I'm trying to level up.

I already have all 6 main party members. Specifically, who evolves Lovebird Magnum?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 5, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have no idea, you're further than I am.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think party member talk such as names and numbers should be behind spoilers? I certainly didn't know that :O

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Artelier posted:

I think party member talk such as names and numbers should be behind spoilers? I certainly didn't know that :O

Fair enough, fixed

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Postgame: How are you supposed to beat Another Day Ayano? I forgot what it took to drop her shield the first time around

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Postgame: Welp, I just got all 6 Catlit Planets and holy poo poo, what is this DPS!?

Larryb posted:

I already have all 6 main party members. Specifically, who evolves Lovebird Magnum?

Fret.

Regalingualius posted:

Postgame: How are you supposed to beat Another Day Ayano? I forgot what it took to drop her shield the first time around

You need ranged attacks to hit her. Deal enough damage and her shield drops entirely.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 5, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Gatt0Ner0_/status/1422789245656346625?s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure if this gets explained later but How did Sho not know that Neku was back in the UG, didn’t Coco specifically resurrect him to serve as the latter’s new Game Partner at the end of A New Day (it’s also odd that Neku was killed in RG Shibuya but woke up in Shinjuku)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 5, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

Not sure if this gets explained later but How did Sho not know that Neku was back in the UG, didn’t Coco specifically resurrect him to serve as the latter’s new Game Partner at the end of A New Day (it’s also odd that Neku was killed in RG Shibuya but woke up in Shinjuku)?

Because like you learn in the scene the day after you get Neku on your team Coco sent them into SHinjuki 3 years ago to attempt to save it but it was too late so they were sent in to figure out what happened in case it came back to Shibuya. Clearly they eventually split up while working on the case because...They weren't together at the start of the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah

Also, can a ??? pin still evolve if it’s already leveled up to max by another character and then switched over to the correct one or do I have to use a level 1 copy and start fresh?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

You eventually get the ability to see how to trigger mutations near the end of the game. Week 3 day 6. But yeah it can be kind of frustrating since they start dumping tons of mutable pins (along with lots of ubers) during that time. Some of them cannot be mutated until post-game as that requires Sho to mutate them.

Larryb posted:

Ah

Also, can a ??? pin still evolve if it’s already leveled up to max by another character and then switched over to the correct one or do I have to use a level 1 copy and start fresh?

Works like evolution unfortunately. Gotta get a new pin.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the flood of ubers around week 2 is a pain in the rear end, you can only equip one at a time and most of them take forever to grind up so either you spend hours mastering them one by one or resign yourself to an ever-growing backlog of unused pins

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and as for non-uber pins, i feel sorry for anyone who wasn't bored/lucky enough to jaunt into Monocrow in week 2 and grab that pin that lets you shoot playing cards, holy poo poo is that a solid all-rounder

the sin of it is that they don't even let you into that neighborhood for most of the week, unless you use chapter select

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

the flood of ubers around week 2 is a pain in the rear end, you can only equip one at a time and most of them take forever to grind up so either you spend hours mastering them one by one or resign yourself to an ever-growing backlog of unused pins

I must have missed an Uber unlock as I didn’t get my first one until after W3D3, how do you get the earlier one then?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

Look out for sidequests in the second half of the week, one of them lets you equip a second Uber pin.

If you want to know who specifically it's Ryoji, who will introduce you to another character

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

I must have missed an Uber unlock as I didn’t get my first one until after W3D3, how do you get the earlier one then?

W2D5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

That should be your second one. The first one is the ability you get from Fuya during week one. There's a side quests W3D1 that gets you one as well. The last three are from the story locked behind Kanon, Susy K and SHiba

If you're past Kanon related boss fight in W3 then you should have 4 Uber Slots already.