Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

My dad is 1a and I care for him. They got me to sign a declaration but then I just took it home with me because the next station didn't ask for it lol. Really higgledy piggledy you could do whatever and get away with it.

seems to be that the vaccinators are aware of the bullshit around the rollout and aren't gonna ask questions if someone is presenting to get a vaccine. been plenty of reports of vaccination hubs taking walk-ins at the end of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

262 new cases in NSW, with five deaths overnight. that is hosed up.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Laserface posted:

seems to be that the vaccinators are aware of the bullshit around the rollout and aren't gonna ask questions if someone is presenting to get a vaccine. been plenty of reports of vaccination hubs taking walk-ins at the end of the day.

Yeah, I've also heard (including a direct example of someone doing this) that you can just call around the places listed on the Fed's list of vaccination locations and find one able to slot you in with no real questions.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

Working as intended

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

Laserface posted:

At the Olympic Park Mass Vaccination clinic a couple of weeks ago they were asking for proof of eligibility for anyone <39 years old. Knocked a bloke back.

Gladys continuing to kill people. NSW worst state.

edit: speculation someone from Sydney took it up to the Hunter. But a ring of steel around Sydney wouldnt work :downs:

go_banana fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 5, 2021

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gladys posted:

I want to stress that yesterday, after a number of conversations with the prime minister, that I was advised by him directly that we will receive an extra 180,000 doses of Pfizer, which is good news, in the next fortnight, commencing in the week 9 August and 16 August.

Failing upwards again.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hooman posted:

Failing upwards again.

Not only that, but will reach her idiot goal even sooner and unleash hell on the rest of the country

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
All right goons, what's your best guess for NSW leterrip date?

For me, 10th November.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

September 1.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

OPEN ER UP

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Welp Hunter finally got put in lockdown

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Press lets her get away with absolute bullshit. gently caress this country.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Press reporting possible 3 day vic lockdown

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:suicide:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
"3 day"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

All right goons, what's your best guess for NSW leterrip date?

For me, 10th November.

Is the pun intended? Oct 18.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Anybody who still wants to defend Gladys or NSW can meet me behind the bike sheds at 4pm

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's really cool that i will receive one (1) dose, and thus contribute to the % required for these loving idiots to reopen the state, but not be properly protected, before these loving idiots reopen the state

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ungulateman posted:

it's really cool that i will receive one (1) dose, and thus contribute to the % required for these loving idiots to reopen the state, but not be properly protected, before these loving idiots reopen the state

on the other hand, if they're only aiming for 50% before opening 'er up, there's a good chance you won't have that one dose

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

code:
                O
                P
                E
                N

E
                R 

U
L E T  E R  R I P ! ! !
                !
                ! 
                !

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
So their current plan is to open up at 50% of the population, with vaccine passports. But the young won't be fully vaccinated, but they also run everything as the essential workers. Meaning you'll be able to go to work, to serve the elderly, but won't yourself be able to go places because you won't be vaccinated.

What is this hell world and how did the boomers manage to pull one over us all once again? Don't millennials outnumber them yet?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Animal Friend posted:

Anybody who still wants to defend Gladys or NSW can meet me behind the bike sheds at 4pm

Do schools even still have bike sheds?

Where do kids go to smoke vape?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Do schools even still have bike sheds?

Where do kids go to smoke vape?

Toilets.

Or just leave the school.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Animal Friend posted:

can't, i'm in lockdown

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Konomex posted:

What is this hell world and how did the boomers manage to pull one over us all once again? Don't millennials outnumber them yet?
Boomers get vaxxed while millennials will die off in sufficient numbers to always be outnumbered by boomers.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

ungulateman posted:

Is this actually the case? Completely hosed if so. The most relevant metric should be: has everybody had the opportunity to receive both doses of the vaccine recommended to them? Like in the US where they've had MRNA vaccines being given away on street corners for months now. (Then the secondary metric, on top of that, should be "have we done as much as we can to convince/bribe/carrot/stick the hesitant into getting one too, to get closer to herd immunity.")

Counting the first dose towards the vaccination target is, if anything, a stronger incentive for people to wait for Pfizer. Irrespective of age group. (Apart from the very large chunk of society that has never really given a poo poo and will just do whatever in order to end lockdowns because that's the only thing that affects them.)

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
ABC reporting Vic lockdown in 3....2....

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Who has that picture of Gladys making the oops face and shrugging

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

alf_pogs posted:

Good to see Gladys go from blaming the guy that died yesterday for not being vaccinated to blaming one of the people that died overnight for only having the first AZ shot.

What a poo poo bag of a human being.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

It would seem the olympic basketball court is not the only place that Boomers have once again let Aussies down

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Hell yes, Brian Houston (Morrison’s best bud) has been charged for helping his father conceal his rape of children from police

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hell yes, Brian Houston (Morrison’s best bud) has been charged for helping his father conceal his rape of children from police

He snuck out to preach in Mexico last month

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Lockdown from 8pm tonight in Vic.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

freebooter posted:

Is this actually the case? Completely hosed if so. The most relevant metric should be: has everybody had the opportunity to receive both doses of the vaccine recommended to them? Like in the US where they've had MRNA vaccines being given away on street corners for months now. (Then the secondary metric, on top of that, should be "have we done as much as we can to convince/bribe/carrot/stick the hesitant into getting one too, to get closer to herd immunity.")

Counting the first dose towards the vaccination target is, if anything, a stronger incentive for people to wait for Pfizer. Irrespective of age group. (Apart from the very large chunk of society that has never really given a poo poo and will just do whatever in order to end lockdowns because that's the only thing that affects them.)

I think what she's actually flagging isn't a full re-opening, she's just said if they reach 50% of the Sydney adult population getting vaccinated then it gives them 'more options' about easing restrictions at the end of August. It's unclear what that means I guess, this below seems to be the quote. It does make it seem like 1 jab will count for that 50% number though so yeah I think you're right about that stronger incentive to wait for Pfizer thing.

quote:

“We know that 10 million jabs gives us 80 per cent of the adult population vaccinated. By the end of August, I’d like to see New South Wales record 6 million jabs because every time we go through a milestone, 6 million jabs is roughly half the population with at least one or two doses,” she said.

“That gives us additional options as to what life looks like on August 29.

Then today there was one example given in relation to the no jab, no work policy they're considering

quote:

In a situation where a worker and customer were both vaccinated, rules could be eased by the end of the month.

"Potentially, if someone that's providing a service is vaccinated and their client is vaccinated, we feel much more comfortable in relaxing that restriction on August 29," the Premier said.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Has anyone discussed what they're going to do about like children? Are we going to start vaccinating them too, or are we just going to accept that covid is going to hospitalise a bunch of kids.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ShoeFly posted:

He snuck out to preach in Mexico last month

It's a total coincidence your honour.

hooman posted:

Has anyone discussed what they're going to do about like children? Are we going to start vaccinating them too, or are we just going to accept that covid is going to hospitalise a bunch of kids.

Private school kids and kids of donors first, after that no more kids need to be vaccinated as kids don't get covid

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Centusin posted:

I think what she's actually flagging isn't a full re-opening, she's just said if they reach 50% of the Sydney adult population getting vaccinated then it gives them 'more options' about easing restrictions at the end of August. It's unclear what that means I guess, this below seems to be the quote. It does make it seem like 1 jab will count for that 50% number though so yeah I think you're right about that stronger incentive to wait for Pfizer thing.

Then today there was one example given in relation to the no jab, no work policy they're considering

I can't sanction your buffoonery

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

Anyone under 40 doesnt have a bright future anyway, best they die now lest they have a taste of some of the luxuries of the modern world only to have it stripped away by climate change/resource wars/ultra covid in the next few years.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

freebooter posted:

Who has that picture of Gladys making the oops face and shrugging

I can offer this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst I know the actual and depressing answer:

Is NSW Labor doing anything, anything at all to take advantage of Gladys's gently caress ups?

Coz surely, even in the desolate plague ridden hellscape that is NSW, she must be losing popularity. So a half decent opposition would at least try to capitalize on this yeah?