Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

That has to be on their keepstar, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That has to be on their keepstar, right?

yup lol. he aggressed a ceptor with a cerb fleet one jump out

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

BigRoman posted:

Can confirm, this guy undocked from the imperial palace, ran to the t5 gate and started shooting blues lol.

Welcome to the game man. Again, ask a lot of questions in little bees and hit me up for more help if you see me logged in.

the default overlay sucks it turns out

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hbag posted:

I like your moxie. Let’s put this guy in charge.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'm the redeemer in the SMA with t1 guns, tag urselves

A goon hopped in it and cyno'd it out

We were in Impass shooting an armor timer, and this all happened on the way back home.

Our Raptor warps to a cyno on a fort, Rag jumps to cyno, Raptor screams in comms and the Rag aggresses him. We had ONE HICTOR still alive, our fleet landed and ended up bumping the Rag ~130m/s off the fort before killing it.

Absolutely bonkers Asher fleet. Knew I stayed up late for a reason. What a fleet.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
fyi my absolute willingness to put a pill in narcissists and blacklist them is why we don't have hedliners or suases or mannys or any other silver-tongued babbymen with daddy issues wrecking our community

next time i shoot your favorite darling out a goddamned airlock, remember this hedliner stuff, that's what they're actually like behind closed doors

gently caress narcissists death to cluster b

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Numismancer posted:

fyi my absolute willingness to put a pill in narcissists and blacklist them is why we don't have hedliners or suases or mannys or any other silver-tongued babbymen with daddy issues wrecking our community

next time i shoot your favorite darling out a goddamned airlock, remember this hedliner stuff, that's what they're actually like behind closed doors

Is this in response to something in particular? Or just the selfishness of PAPI leaders on display recently?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Ajaxify posted:

Is this in response to something in particular? Or just the selfishness of PAPI leaders on display recently?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/oyaeke/papisnowden_3_papi_is_for_bullies_must_obey/

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

hbag posted:

jesus christ go to the wiki and search "overview"

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Mnoba posted:

i misremembered and tried reseting password, they are banned for some reason

Email support. They are desperate to get players back. They will likely assist.

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

TEST IS RENT

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Numismancer posted:

free nex dementia

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Numismancer posted:

Request we reorganize GSOL, GARPA, GSHIP, the IT team, and all the rest into a single "F9 Monkey" bin. I'm sure we'll find some synergies in there somewhere.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Nour Samy is not the biggest idiot in this conversation. This is how you know you are hosed, in advance.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

hbag posted:

Check https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/305900-the-rakapasers-overview-a-by-goon-for-goons-overview/ to fix the overview.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah i already got that afterwards

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
goon strong

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Ok, I might be am a naive idiot here because I am not in all these fancy leadership circles where everyone seems to know "the truth" about everything that happens, I only get to know what I got to see as a linemember, and as a linemember that IS the truth to me, even if it's not the objective truth, I don't care. Maybe I am even burning my reddit account and EVE accounts here which barely matters to me because as it stands I'll probably never play with TEST/Dreddit again the way things are these days, and it definitely doesn't matter to any of you because I'm honestly just a line member absolute nobody. I was a logistics hauler for a few months and a caps group member for like a week before I realized that flying caps was too much responsibility for a retard like me. Call me a spai or an operative or whatever the gently caress you want, the reality is I'm really actually nobody, I probably only know like 3 of you assholes in game and none of you in real life. I'm utterly forgettable and I greatly prefer it that way.

But I started the game in Dreddit maybe around something like 7 or 8 years ago, I've always had a soft spot for TEST, and I have to get this off my chest: I have never known a bigger bunch of ultimate turbocunts than PL. They're pretty much the reason I stopped playing years ago and have only dropped in for short periods since.

I have always really hated that TEST dumped goons during the madness of Montolio and eventually became PL's gross butt-buddies instead. I liked our cultural compatibility with goons. I liked goon fleets. I liked goon people (well, some of them). I didn't always like goons' rules and decisions, but I'm not unreasonable enough to believe I have to like everything. I liked Montolio too, and I understand that goon leadership is probably relatively nauseating and frustrating to deal with, but as a line member that's really not my loving problem and ultimately who is the alliance for, the leaders or the members? I was having a blast in EVE being goons "pet" and I don't need any loving ego stroking about that. I didn't need more stations or more regions or more moongoo. I don't even really care if my SRP takes longer than Goons because they're not giving my alliance a fair share of the pie. All I care about is "am I having fun doing fun things surrounded by fun dudes" and the answer was yes.

But then because space-politics we "decided to go it alone" or "outgrew goons" or "backstabbed goons" or whatever the gently caress happened depending who you ask, and got quite soundly evicted while PL lamely led us on about how much they wanted to help but ultimately couldn't be loving bothered to make even a quarter-assed effort. I think a Dominix fleet showed up once. N3, as much poo poo as they got, were at least really decent to us despite having no real reason to be other than "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". N3ST was a fun but brief coalition even if it had little real strategic significance in the end, and even if PGL got really really mad whenever I warped to 0 on his Titan (which I thought was quite funny and never stopped doing it) we ended up with PL because when the goons hate you PL will suddenly find you useful. And we were useful. And PL was useful to us, or so we thought. The only human being in PL that I ever actually liked was Shadoo, but I'm pretty sure his only loving purpose was to be the "good cop" so that the whole rest of the alliance seemed not to be pure evil and the complete antithesis of everything we valued. So my opinion towards him probably isn't legitimate either, he might be just as much of a snake as the rest of those elitist turbocunts. Elise Randolph was obviously supposed to be acting "good cop" too, but for whatever reason I could tell from the beginning he was a goddamn snake. Shadoo I believed though, I guess that makes me a fool.

gently caress PL with a rusty rake, they took advantage of TEST, psyop'd the poo poo out of TEST for years, used TEST as pets and cannon fodder and a political shield, and unapologetically poached anyone and everyone of any value, and I hold PL entirely responsible for the steaming pile of poo poo that TEST has become and the steaming pile of poo poo they've found themselves in now. Goons claim "we're not here to ruin the game, we're just here to ruin YOUR game" but the truth is they're nowhere near as good at it as PL is. PL has mastered ruining the game for everyone else. They are and always have been the dirty, smug, manipulative cum garglers who need to be exterminated from the game, not goons.

I'm not a goon, I'll never be a goon, but I'm still glad TEST lost this war. It's just a shame TEST is going to end up taking the fall instead of PL. Not that I imagine there's really much left of TEST that PL hasn't carved the insides out of, so it's probably not really much of a loss. But those smug dipshits in PL will just moonwalk out and get to keep their disgusting elitist super umbrella and probably poach half of TEST's remaining supers once TEST starts getting their poo poo pushed in again, and so PL gets to continue to be the machiavellian kingmakers of EVE. And that sucks. Lick my balls you nasty rotten slimebags. I'm deeply happy I'll never have to play another game with you fuckfaces in it.

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
Hoes mad.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Request we reorganize GSOL, GARPA, GSHIP, the IT team, and all the rest into a single "F9 Monkey" bin. I'm sure we'll find some synergies in there somewhere.
Sounds like inspiration for a cool F9-themed forumbee icon.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Sickening posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of jabber and pings you can't ignore no matter who it is.

We use opt-all for a bunch of not so important pings, because you can then CHOOSE TO OPT OUT.

If you want to cry about opt-all pings, I might shoot you (ingame) about it.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

drat that guy be malding

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

pooping in stations

Sharting in Stations

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I like how he never explained why flying muninns in a certain way was bad. "Fly in the other direction" was the peak of his education, then he just immediately followed with gamer words for the rest of the convo.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Aug 5, 2021

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

It's nice to be reminded every now and again that some of us play a game. And then there are these assholes. I don't think I can understand someone who reads this sort of drivel and then goes 'yeah, but he's a marginal FC so I'll keep flying with him.'

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Wibla posted:

We use opt-all for a bunch of not so important pings, because you can then CHOOSE TO OPT OUT.

If you want to cry about opt-all pings, I might shoot you (ingame) about it.

I get quite a bit of enjoyment dropping a good opt-all ping (had two yesterday) and then while everyone is laughing about it seeing the people like “what’s so funny guys?”

Oh. You are one of those people. An opt-outer.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Numismancer posted:

Ok, I might be am a naive idiot here because I am not in all these fancy leadership circles where everyone seems to know "the truth" about everything that happens, I only get to know what I got to see as a linemember, and as a linemember that IS the truth to me, even if it's not the objective truth, I don't care. Maybe I am even burning my reddit account and EVE accounts here which barely matters to me because as it stands I'll probably never play with TEST/Dreddit again the way things are these days, and it definitely doesn't matter to any of you because I'm honestly just a line member absolute nobody. I was a logistics hauler for a few months and a caps group member for like a week before I realized that flying caps was too much responsibility for a retard like me. Call me a spai or an operative or whatever the gently caress you want, the reality is I'm really actually nobody, I probably only know like 3 of you assholes in game and none of you in real life. I'm utterly forgettable and I greatly prefer it that way.

But I started the game in Dreddit maybe around something like 7 or 8 years ago, I've always had a soft spot for TEST, and I have to get this off my chest: I have never known a bigger bunch of ultimate turbocunts than PL. They're pretty much the reason I stopped playing years ago and have only dropped in for short periods since.

I have always really hated that TEST dumped goons during the madness of Montolio and eventually became PL's gross butt-buddies instead. I liked our cultural compatibility with goons. I liked goon fleets. I liked goon people (well, some of them). I didn't always like goons' rules and decisions, but I'm not unreasonable enough to believe I have to like everything. I liked Montolio too, and I understand that goon leadership is probably relatively nauseating and frustrating to deal with, but as a line member that's really not my loving problem and ultimately who is the alliance for, the leaders or the members? I was having a blast in EVE being goons "pet" and I don't need any loving ego stroking about that. I didn't need more stations or more regions or more moongoo. I don't even really care if my SRP takes longer than Goons because they're not giving my alliance a fair share of the pie. All I care about is "am I having fun doing fun things surrounded by fun dudes" and the answer was yes.

But then because space-politics we "decided to go it alone" or "outgrew goons" or "backstabbed goons" or whatever the gently caress happened depending who you ask, and got quite soundly evicted while PL lamely led us on about how much they wanted to help but ultimately couldn't be loving bothered to make even a quarter-assed effort. I think a Dominix fleet showed up once. N3, as much poo poo as they got, were at least really decent to us despite having no real reason to be other than "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". N3ST was a fun but brief coalition even if it had little real strategic significance in the end, and even if PGL got really really mad whenever I warped to 0 on his Titan (which I thought was quite funny and never stopped doing it) we ended up with PL because when the goons hate you PL will suddenly find you useful. And we were useful. And PL was useful to us, or so we thought. The only human being in PL that I ever actually liked was Shadoo, but I'm pretty sure his only loving purpose was to be the "good cop" so that the whole rest of the alliance seemed not to be pure evil and the complete antithesis of everything we valued. So my opinion towards him probably isn't legitimate either, he might be just as much of a snake as the rest of those elitist turbocunts. Elise Randolph was obviously supposed to be acting "good cop" too, but for whatever reason I could tell from the beginning he was a goddamn snake. Shadoo I believed though, I guess that makes me a fool.

gently caress PL with a rusty rake, they took advantage of TEST, psyop'd the poo poo out of TEST for years, used TEST as pets and cannon fodder and a political shield, and unapologetically poached anyone and everyone of any value, and I hold PL entirely responsible for the steaming pile of poo poo that TEST has become and the steaming pile of poo poo they've found themselves in now. Goons claim "we're not here to ruin the game, we're just here to ruin YOUR game" but the truth is they're nowhere near as good at it as PL is. PL has mastered ruining the game for everyone else. They are and always have been the dirty, smug, manipulative cum garglers who need to be exterminated from the game, not goons.

I'm not a goon, I'll never be a goon, but I'm still glad TEST lost this war. It's just a shame TEST is going to end up taking the fall instead of PL. Not that I imagine there's really much left of TEST that PL hasn't carved the insides out of, so it's probably not really much of a loss. But those smug dipshits in PL will just moonwalk out and get to keep their disgusting elitist super umbrella and probably poach half of TEST's remaining supers once TEST starts getting their poo poo pushed in again, and so PL gets to continue to be the machiavellian kingmakers of EVE. And that sucks. Lick my balls you nasty rotten slimebags. I'm deeply happy I'll never have to play another game with you fuckfaces in it.

oh poo poo i thought this was a fountain war era post and not a new post

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

oh poo poo i thought this was a fountain war era post and not a new post

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lol not even to goons. a roaming minmil gang bagged him

That's one thing I'm looking forward to: catching people while roaming. It's been too long.

iospace fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 5, 2021

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Imagine being in an alliance where the term "line member" is a pejorative.

Granted, we use "test line member" as a pejorative also.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

christ now that is embarrassing

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Oh my loving god it's Soter and the gang. I used to fly with them a bit like a decade ago. They must have been cackling.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kiost posted:

Well as all of you doubtlessly know by now, the evacuation of Delve for all non-Goon parties has been moved up substantially. Instead 1-2 weeks of centralization with a fighting retreat as was envisioned across most of the coalition, it has suddenly turned into "pack the bags now, be ready to go at dawn." One can only imagine why that is. I don't know who owns the Keepstars up and down the chain outside of T5Z, but I guess the thinking is that the faster people flee, the less time there is for disgruntled directors to defect or screw over allies out of spite right now.

I think I know why

Note that quite a few of the non-reinforced ones are not reinforced because we actually flipped them already

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Didn't like renters already move into the not delve regions PAPI took? They are gonna have a bad time without established escape route and such.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Phlegmish posted:

I think I know why

Note that quite a few of the non-reinforced ones are not reinforced because we actually flipped them already

Also of note something like 25 - 30 of these iHubs come out this afternoon. It's going to be a busy day!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Army of Mangos, Evictus and... idk somebody else lives in Esoteria which has connections to querious and period basis

Mittens, I say we clear out Esoteria and Feythabolis so we can give it to IGC and these other groups that joined us or stayed loyal

Other than that I don't really care about AoM and FIRE, they barely ever showed up to fight us

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Phlegmish posted:

Mittens, I say we clear out Esoteria and Feythabolis so we can give it to IGC and these other groups that joined us or stayed loyal

I said it months ago, but again, Goons clearing out Feythabolis. What loving year is it?

And who gets the RISE pocket? :vv:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mappo posted:

https://soundcloud.com/user-663804917/mumble-2021-08-03-21-04-47-voiceevictusspace-mixdown
I spent an hour listening to the Evictus Townhall so you didn't have to, basically they, AOM and VINDI are leaving Legacy and going to Esoteria.
Here are my notes so you don't have to listen.

Thank you for your service.

With FEDUP disbanding and Evictus leaving, there won't be much left of Legacy...unless Severance and Brave stay, I guess.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Zhent posted:

Also of note something like 25 - 30 of these iHubs come out this afternoon. It's going to be a busy day!

I'm basically coming straight home after work, having my dinner, logging in and basically hacking for about six hours tonight as I think the NOL i-Hub might be about the limit of how long I am willing to stay up for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i wonder when the guy what runs timerboard.net is going to shamefully and tearfully remove his "worldwarbeeii" filter lol