Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Push El Burrito posted:

That's Ben Franklin and he jacks off from morning til night.

Who needs to jerk off when you've got Parisian prostitutes at your disposal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nice shot.

Gotta love a common theme of consecutive panels that's been built up to; characters realising the portal monsters are living creatures.

I love how that guy died. He might have been invincible, but standing halfway into a portal which doesn't exist anymore kills him anyway because of course it does. His body doesn't have any power to keep it open after all.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, a very good way to tie both key characteristics (portals+invulnerability) together in a way that wasn't too obvious, but still something that a clever reader could be able to predict.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I just read pupkin and got some similar vibes to junji ito's hellstar remina. I am just going to go ahead and assume he was a big pupkin fan.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Hey.

Remember making fun of Raine Dog last month?

Remember reminiscing over the old parody comics?

More importantly, remember this specific parody comic? A parody that's now over ten years old and about a comic that's long been scrubbed off the internet?

There's a new cartoon on Netflix named Centaurworld (it's really good btw) and they remembered:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a different character based on the same real-life buff bird.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I have questions.

Not sure I want answers.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

FFT posted:

I have questions.

Not sure I want answers.

The show is a musical with 3 songs per ep, each in a different style. That moment was a glam/Lady Gaga style wherein the bloodthirsty war horse had to win the Jellicle ball from Cats.

I'm sure there are no follow-up questions.

Paladinus posted:

It's a different character based on the same real-life buff bird.

Is this for real or are you trying to say Hot Bird is real, and strong, and is your friend?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Come And See posted:

The show is a musical with 3 songs per ep, each in a different style. That moment was a glam/Lady Gaga style wherein the bloodthirsty war horse had to win the Jellicle ball from Cats.

I'm sure there are no follow-up questions.
lmao it's an isekai starring a warhorse named "horse"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Come And See posted:

Is this for real or are you trying to say Hot Bird is real, and strong, and is your friend?

It would be weird if I were friends with a bird. Anyway, it's one of these
https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/birds-human-hands/1/

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Centaurworld gettin' real meta in episode 3 about glue

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Paladinus posted:

It would be weird if I were friends with a bird. Anyway, it's one of these
https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/birds-human-hands/1/

Every character other than "Horse" is a half-animal, half-man thing, often to disquieting effect.*

This is what the character usually looks like.

But in that brief moment it was an ancient Raine Dog slam. The face is unmistakable.

---

*Speaking of which:

Come And See has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Aug 5, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Imagine a reality where he got famous for that instead of Homestuck.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

FFT posted:

I have questions.

Not sure I want answers.

Never seen a whorse before eh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

don't slutshame that horse

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arrhythmia posted:

Imagine a reality where he got famous for that instead of Homestuck.

I'm listening

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Come And See posted:

There's a new cartoon on Netflix named Centaurworld (it's really good btw)
It's very very post-Spongebob/post-Adventure Time

Having now watched the entire first season, gently caress you, fine, it's good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGHU8wZWKA0&t=71s

(It is exactly as boring as it looks.)

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

FFT posted:

It's very very post-Spongebob/post-Adventure Time

Having now watched the entire first season, gently caress you, fine, it's good.

Haha I made you binge it in real-time! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'm only on ep 8, savoring it.

---

Content:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's a bit hard to accept that every nation got its own pointless meandering TV drama shows.
Granted, All I could write for Finnish TV would be the red army getting its rear end handed to them cut with occasional sauna scenes but that would still be an improvement.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Come And See posted:

Haha I made you binge it in real-time! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'm only on ep 8, savoring it.

---

Content:

oh god now and then this thing pops into my mind and I have to look it up again and now it's gonna happen more often.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

It's a bit hard to accept that every nation got its own pointless meandering TV drama shows.
Granted, All I could write for Finnish TV would be the red army getting its rear end handed to them cut with occasional sauna scenes but that would still be an improvement.

I believe the red army won?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nah, most army guys wear green now.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh hell yes

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A. It's never the end that sells a story but the insane poo poo and action along the way.
B. While a red victory was completely assured from the start just going by the numbers very few stories of the underdogs holding out were ever this intense.
C. Getting to watch the bad guys loving up thier own armies with insane paranoid orders is a personal favourite.

Also the facts never stopped a fun TV show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Can picture them all just thoroughly enjoying a break.

Now I want to see the Justice League film club critiques.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

By popular demand posted:

A. It's never the end that sells a story but the insane poo poo and action along the way.
B. While a red victory was completely assured from the start just going by the numbers very few stories of the underdogs holding out were ever this intense.
C. Getting to watch the bad guys loving up thier own armies with insane paranoid orders is a personal favourite.

Also the facts never stopped a fun TV show.

You'd probably want to wrap things up at the end of the winter war anyway, seeing as covering Finnish support of the Nazi offensive into Russia might undermine the patriotic themes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vagabong posted:

You'd probably want to wrap things up at the end of the winter war anyway, seeing as covering Finnish support of the Nazi offensive into Russia might undermine the patriotic themes.

"Go Finland!! Beat them!!*"
"Fin-land! Fin-land!!"
"Töööööö"

"gently caress off already!!"

*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapeliitta

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

More wars could use enthusiastic groups of loud fans.

:patriot: "HEY HEY HO HO, YOU LOUSY BRITS HAVE GOT TO GO"
:australia: "Get them bloody emus!"

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I'm still behind on these. Ol' ziv zulander, ZZ for short, has been having to work the 12 hour shifts lately. 2 PM to 2 AM.Good news is that today I'm training a new night shift person. Bad news is that it's just going to be me and her tonight, nobody else. Apparently she's a 61 year old german woman who promises she can run circles around anybody in their 20s.

My heart goes out to my coworkers who have to work the dreaded 2 AM to 2 PM shift

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
drat hang in there ZZ!

Hitmen for Destiny 52: Maythorn Nicecastle

================================

Hitmen for Destiny 53: Rosendal and Kubrick

Bodycount: 55

I'm a fan of the POO graffiti which someone underlined and turned into POO! and then someone else turned the ! into a second P

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Aug 5, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmfao irl, I never noticed

HITLER
SEX???

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not much, he was a huge weirdo when it came to women.
Kind of a maladjusted individual if you ask me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Thorsby's really great at news headlines like that, random newspaper from Trixie Slaughteraxe as an example:

but HITLER SEX??? might be his peak

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I honestly thought HfD would just be an ugly but fun romp of rubbernecking at how bad the comic would become, but it's won me over in its own way.

Just goes to show you kids, sometimes confidence to continue doing what you believe in really is enough

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

drat hang in there ZZ!

Bodycount: 55

I'm a fan of the POO graffiti which someone underlined and turned into POO! and then someone else turned the ! into a second P

I've been digging Hitman for Destiny, but I loving hate lore dumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I've been digging Hitman for Destiny, but I loving hate lore dumps.

Don't worry, it's all relevant information. Thorsby is big on setting up chekov's guns that he fires much later, sometimes after you've forgotten about it. Everything they're talking about will come up :)

Remember the barn beast they shot in comic #1? This is Thorsby going "hey that's actually still in play" lol

The only lore dump character is Lostclock, who likes to go on about how this or that creature works. But even his lore dumps serve a purpose and are usually relevant to what's going on