Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
I'm getting my (first?) jab on Thursday :toot:

it's a loving miracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
Aand that's that. I am now a certified 5g antenna. Hooray!

Feel grand yet, hopefully don't feel too shite tomorrow. Take a couple panadol before bed, be grand shur

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I got my first dose yesterday and felt sooo bad today. I managed to drag myself out of bed and into work and slowly got stronger and stronger as the day went on but man did it drag. The heat has fried some people's brains and I wasn't the best equipped to deal with it.

My wife managed to avoid being sick but her arm seems to hurt a lot more. :shrug:

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

Shoehead posted:

I got my first dose yesterday and felt sooo bad today. I managed to drag myself out of bed and into work and slowly got stronger and stronger as the day went on but man did it drag. The heat has fried some people's brains and I wasn't the best equipped to deal with it.

My wife managed to avoid being sick but her arm seems to hurt a lot more. :shrug:

oh which one did you get? I got the janssen one so I'm finished now. fully vaxxed bey :toot:

Until boosters and all that craic anyway

CredulousAtBest fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 15, 2021

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I got my first dose on Tuesday.
I didn't feel the injection at all, which I'm told means the nurse doing it knew what they were doing. Even answered my question about relaxing the arm first.

My injection site was a bit sore that evening and again on Wednesday but it hasnt been hurting since.
The only other side effects I have had has been bouts of tiredness yesterday and today, but honestly that could be from the new baby.
With a bit of luck, I might make it through with few to no side effects (for Round 1 at least.)

My two younger brothers are in the 25-29 age cohert. I got them both to sign up today instead of tomorrow when the website is meant to open up.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I had people telling me to do stretches before and after to make sure my arm didn't hurt too much, it seemed to work a bit.

Didn't feel mine either and the chemist found it hard to know where abouts to put the plaster... Much be my massive quivering muscles!

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

The Question IRL posted:

I got my first dose on Tuesday.
I didn't feel the injection at all, which I'm told means the nurse doing it knew what they were doing. Even answered my question about relaxing the arm first.

My injection site was a bit sore that evening and again on Wednesday but it hasnt been hurting since.
The only other side effects I have had has been bouts of tiredness yesterday and today, but honestly that could be from the new baby.
With a bit of luck, I might make it through with few to no side effects (for Round 1 at least.)

My two younger brothers are in the 25-29 age cohert. I got them both to sign up today instead of tomorrow when the website is meant to open up.

yeah same, my nurse did some criss crossing thing with her finger on my shoulder which I guess helps to find the vein or whatever

then the jab itself was over and done before I knew it. And I loving haaaaaate injections

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PowerBeard posted:

I had people telling me to do stretches before and after to make sure my arm didn't hurt too much, it seemed to work a bit.

Didn't feel mine either and the chemist found it hard to know where abouts to put the plaster... Much be my massive quivering muscles!
You got a plaster?!?! Lucky.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
Well. Arm not sore at all and I feel totally grand.

That's sorted so :shrug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the side effects from my first pfizer vaccine hit me on a saturday afternoon, like a train, having had the injection the previous wednesday evening :spooky:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CredulousAtBest posted:

Well. Arm not sore at all and I feel totally grand.

That's sorted so :shrug:

:rip:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I was fine on my second pfizer too. Arm was sore for a day. My friend had a pretty bad reaction to it and was out for the count for two days.

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Going in for the first dose of Pfizer Sunday morning. And this’ll be after a stag the night before, RIP to me

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I got Pfizer. I love needles so I just sat down with my sleeve up, and it was done. My sister got it in the same GPs office about 5 minutes earlier and was still laying down on a table after I left, I guess I got all the good getting poked by needle genes.

Still slightly headachey today, though a tiny bit of that may be because I'm still healing from popping my jaw out of place last Monday..

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

TheDoublePivot posted:

Going in for the first dose of Pfizer Sunday morning. And this’ll be after a stag the night before, RIP to me

As long as you don't go out the night of your jab.

I got to experience two completely different kinds of feeling like poo poo in a single day. The hangover dissipated by about noon and then the vax reaction kicked in. And it was janssen which is particularly strong.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
After booking about a month ago, I was offered the Jansaan single dose from the other pharmacy I booked with. I had gotten the Pfizer one two weeks ago, so I cancelled the Jansaan appointment. It also looks like the HSE have updated their information, so they have me down as "Awaiting second appointment", which will hopefully mean I can get the Vaccine Cert sorted.

In other news, it's hot and I had to arrive at the office at 8am to make sure our new work laptops delivered on time... Still waiting.

Evrim
Nov 15, 2005

yum!!
Seems HSE is scheduling second pfizer shots down to ~18 days after the first now, really pushing the 4 day grace period

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Evrim posted:

Seems HSE is scheduling second pfizer shots down to ~18 days after the first now, really pushing the 4 day grace period

Looks sadly at the minimum of 2 months in the UK before you can get one, including in walk-in centres.

Important brit politicos - it's much better that way, it's all for medical reasons not because we wanted to open up ASAP why are you looking at me that way.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I am getting my second Pfizer shot next Wednesday, 27 days after my first. Sounds like the pharmacy is running low soon.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Mine will be 20 days apart

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I got another 2 and a half weeks left for mine AFAIK, with my GP

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I have gotten my announcement for my second shot on Saturday, which is 18 days after my first shot.

I really hope there is no medical benefit to longer intervals between injections.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

I have gotten my announcement for my second shot on Saturday, which is 18 days after my first shot.

I really hope there is no medical benefit to longer intervals between injections.

Not one that outweighs the advantage of rapid vaccination. You'll be getting a booster in 6 months regardless

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

I don't see any anecdotal evidence of it so far. A lot of people who were working in hospitals got theirs in January 21ish days apart and there doesn't seem to be any significant breakthrough as of yet.

It is possible those extra three days impact somehow, but I recall that the initial guidelines for Pfizer were 21-28 days after your first shot for your second shot.

The only reason we haven't been sticking to that schedule is because of stock levels. The UK has 8 weeks between Pfizer shots and argues that it is a "sweet spot" but I would attribute that less to hard data and more to "we put a huge amount of money into AZ and don't want to see it shown up by a different vaccine"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
21 days with a 4 day grace period is the official scheduling

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
One of my coworkers was out for the day after getting the Jansaan single dose. She got it in the morning and worked right through, but was then feeling a bit off by closing. She was bedridden the next day, saying she couldn't get out.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Skull Servant posted:

The only reason we haven't been sticking to that schedule is because of stock levels. The UK has 8 weeks between Pfizer shots and argues that it is a "sweet spot" but I would attribute that less to hard data and more to "we put a huge amount of money into AZ and don't want to see it shown up by a different vaccine"

I think your reasoning is pretty much correct here.

The sooner the better second shots go out.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I got my second shot at Citywest on Saturday. I had heard nightmare stories about 4 hour ques that morning, but I think that was just for the walk-ins.
By the time my slot rolled around at 16.00 the place was almost empty. In and out in like 30 minutes.

So far so good, no bad side effects apart from the injected arm being a bit sore but even that has gone away.
I had heard that loads of young people have been showing up to get vaccinated which is great. I really hope that the mad anti-vaxx crowd are a tiny, tiny lunatic fringe here and not a major group like I've seen in other countries.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I really think having Croker as my vaccination centre is the worst possible option. Took ages to get first jab, and still no date for second jab.

Plus actually getting the jab involved queuing in the baking sun for an hour, no water or much shade, then into a small cramped office with surly dickhead stewards. Honestly what's the point in using a stadium if you're just gonna cram people into a little office the size of your average Spar. Very Irish experience

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I got my first vaccination at UCD. No queues was very quick and pleasant experience.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The Question IRL posted:

I really hope that the mad anti-vaxx crowd are a tiny, tiny lunatic fringe here and not a major group like I've seen in other countries.
It's the same lunatic fringe that hate everything. They keep telling us the world will end unless we embrace Catholic Fascism but it never does.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Got my second vaccine just now, hurray for pharmacies.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Golfgate 2.0

Nearly a year to the day and they're at the same craic.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Except somehow worse, with bonus cronyism.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Danny Healy-Rae is also, again, deciding that rules don't apply to his pub SPECIFICALLY

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Danny Healy-Rae is also, again, deciding that rules don't apply to his pub SPECIFICALLY

I was away for the weekend. Now, the pubs did have some decent outdoor space, but they just didn't open their indoor space. Everyone had to be outside. They only opened the indoor space for an hour or two when it was raining, and then they were properly checking all vaccination certs before they let anyone in. The only exception I saw to this was a guy with a walking stick who looked to be approaching 90 and what looked like a carer or daughter in her 60s that they let in, just the two of them, when they weren't letting anyone else in.

There were queues to get to the outdoor space (well managed.) The tables were socially distanced. Masks to get inside the pub. Every table had to scan or sign in with their details. And this is a very popular holiday spot.

Someone said to me these kinds of pubs, that rely on tourists in the summer, and locals in the winter, might not actually want to change back to the mayhem it was before lockdown. There's no messing, everything is managed, there's no real queues for drinks, people aren't taking the piss standing around, taking up space, and not buying anything. The staff are having an easier time of it, let alone the owners. They're probably down a little on revenue but I wouldn't say by a huge amount, and the upsides of everything being orderly and there being no hassle (not fighting, just everything being a crowded mess) is a big one. It might be a new way of running a pub in some of these places. And for me, personally, I was well looked after. I'd often rock up on my own to have a few pints and clear my head and they had no problem with me taking up a table to drink, when lots of city places wouldn't even let you in.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Dude, everywhere should take the less-revenue-for-more-control approach. We switched over all our body piercings here to appointment only, you even need an app to speak to an artist here and I'm actually making MORE money over it. I know exactly who should be here at any one time, I know what gear I need, I know what to expect to be out of by the end of the week and tbh we are so busy that when someone doesn't show up I go drink some water and relax. And then if someone shows up 20 minutes late I send them the gently caress home, it's amazing.

Plus I don't have to manage the headache of 8-12 16 year olds just barging in to look at rings or whatever shite they want

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
A lot of restaurants and offices are looking at the restrictions as a chance to redesign their spaces for better footfall and movement, because they were noticing improvements in employee performance when their workspace wasn't packed like a drat prison.

The RIAI have also looked into it and are making recommendations for designs / regulations. At the start of the lockdown, they were looking for pictures of typical spaces with floor markings or layouts with plexiglass for their historical records.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Extremely proud of the commitment of Dublin Twitter to gaslighting the country until the Luas is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The Luas should be free... but also in every city in the country. Though I could see a few places being an absolute nightmare with that kind of infrastructure.