Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

What's the difference between ascending a weapon and refining it?

Ascending raises its level cap, refining sticks another copy of the weapon in it to buff its passive effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Had a poo poo week so far, so I decided to throw a few single wishes at the weapon banner (I'm at 64 rolls, and I've got 23k primos banked for Baal) and I won the double coin toss for the Mistsplitter on the first roll :dance:. My only 5* weapons are a Skyward Blade and Amos Bow off the standard banner, so I'm looking forward to finally having a BiS weapon! Now I just need to redo Ayaka's artifacts, as she's got zero crit rate substats since she was using Black Sword....:negative:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's nothing wrong with 4 star EM artifacts, aside from just you know being less. I don't think they are more common than fives but its something to check. I've got a 940 em kaz with a 4 star hat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would take a 4 star artifact with high crit stats over trying to gamble another 200 resin trying to get slightly better on a 5 star.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm pivoting my team to the Ayaka/Kazuha/Barbara/Rosaria that No Wave recommended earlier, and lemme just say: I need ten thousand Hero's Wits. I want them now. I feel like it's a huge waste of resources to spend Fragile Resin on Leylines. I assume I should just hoover up every quest on the map in the meantime?

Do you have the serentea pot? I find storing up my currency in the realm and spending it only when I have need of something really helps get through the dry spells. I've been spending it all on exp books since I decided to take 3 of my characters to 90 before Inazuma came out, because I'm dumb.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do you have the serentea pot? I find storing up my currency in the realm and spending it only when I have need of something really helps get through the dry spells. I've been spending it all on exp books since I decided to take 3 of my characters to 90 before Inazuma came out, because I'm dumb.
Yeah, I just hit trust rank 7 this morning so I'm almost at the point where I can start dumping currency into the leveling mats for artifacts etc. But mostly it's been a primogen bonanza with building all the places that make people give me gifts, which I'll take.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

ER's nice though :smug:

My set up is overkill, since the coin flip decided NOT to give me his signature weapon so I have him with a sac sword. His burst is pretty much always up, but the EM loss is felt.

e: sorry for the huge honkin' image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 5, 2021

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Manatee Cannon posted:

just realized that there's not a single male catalyst user in the game

where's my tall dude that can use lost prayer for super speed

male cryo catalyst ... please ...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My Ayaka has about 190% crit damage with 1900 attack, my auto's are about 5-6k per slash but I have a R1 Black Sword.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I've seen most people say the Inazuma Crafted sword is better than Black Sword on Ayaka. She really appreciates the free energy as someone who wants to ult spam and the base stats probably work out to about the same DPS as Black Sword with Blizzard Strayer bonus.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Concurred posted:

male cryo catalyst ... please ...

sumeros archon is the god of wisdom. maybe he'll use a catalyst

also we have enough teenage pretty boys. Id like a swole guy. maybe the sumero archon will fill that niche too.

a big buff catalyst user who smashes monsters with his book. Id roll on that banner

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

also we have enough teenage pretty boys. Id like a swole guy. maybe the sumero archon will fill that niche too.

a big buff catalyst user who smashes monsters with his book. Id roll on that banner

Sorry, Teyvat is the land of twinks

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was thinking about different weapon types in the past but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather just see characters who use the existing weapon types in unique ways. Something like a melee catalyst user, who uses the catalyst to elementally-empower their hands and feet to fight unarmed, or someone who dual-wields swords (either just duplicating whatever sword they're equipped with, or conjuring a second elemental sword in their off-hand). Could even have a ranged claymore user, like GW2 does with greatsword-wielding Mesmers.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Give me a Geo catalyst user who just picks up big rocks from nowhere and throws them at people. Charged attack is a big stomp. Pay me Mihoyo

Harrow posted:

I was thinking about different weapon types in the past but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather just see characters who use the existing weapon types in unique ways. Something like a melee catalyst user, who uses the catalyst to elementally-empower their hands and feet to fight unarmed, or someone who dual-wields swords (either just duplicating whatever sword they're equipped with, or conjuring a second elemental sword in their off-hand). Could even have a ranged claymore user, like GW2 does with greatsword-wielding Mesmers.
:hmmyes:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I've been having a lot of fun playing as Goldlewis in Strive this week.

Give me a giant bearded fat musclehead.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ultima66 posted:

I've seen most people say the Inazuma Crafted sword is better than Black Sword on Ayaka. She really appreciates the free energy as someone who wants to ult spam and the base stats probably work out to about the same DPS as Black Sword with Blizzard Strayer bonus.

I heard that it's just ok until you get it to R5, until then the other options are black longcliff and the black sword or anything that ups crits

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Free Crit rate is good and Ayaka still benefits from Black Sword's boost to normals and charge attacks.

Crafting multiple katanas and spending resin to get mats for the weapon is not my priority over getting more ember sets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I thought that but OKCode (a streamer who values ER very highly) said that R3 gives so much ER that you don't need to bother going past it.

I'm skeptical in Ayaka's case specifically (as refilling 18 energy isnt that much), for anyone else with their 6 second cooldowns and 60 energy Qs yeah that seems fair.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've decided that I'm going to think positive and believe that I will get Diona in a reasonable number of wishes on Yoimiya's banner, and that if I truly believe in myself nothing can go wrong :shobon:

I already have a Sac Bow ready and waiting for her

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Since I've finished pulling on the character event banner, I threw 10 wishes at the weapon banner. And got c5 Fischl.

Didn't know you could get characters off of it. And honestly, I'd like a weapon more.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Since I've finished pulling on the character event banner, I threw 10 wishes at the weapon banner. And got c5 Fischl.

Didn't know you could get characters off of it. And honestly, I'd like a weapon more.

Quiet! The Bell might hear you!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Which (4*) characters synergize well with QiQi? I randomly got her off of a non-pity pull (I think -- mihoyo deleted roll history since the last time I played), but she doesn't look like she'll outperform Benett in my Diluc + XQ/Fischl + Bennett + Zhongli team. I can probably use her for some kinda abyss stuff but I'm not sure what kinda team she'd be great for (although of course if you need ice hey why not)

Give me a Geo catalyst user who just picks up big rocks from nowhere and throws them at people. Charged attack is a big stomp. Pay me Mihoyo

:hmmyes:

I want a geo catalyst user who just magically summons some big stone fists to punch baddies with and plays like a melee.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she doesn't really need partners if you don't care about her burst. with a Sac sword you can keep her skill up more frequently and just have her lay down some normals to get a seal applied while she's out casting her skill.

otherwise just include a cryo battery like Kaeya/Rosa. she's only a healer so imo she should be more of the afterthought to any team rather than worrying too much about accommodating her unless you're using her as a phys carry.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Which (4*) characters synergize well with QiQi? I randomly got her off of a non-pity pull (I think -- mihoyo deleted roll history since the last time I played), but she doesn't look like she'll outperform Benett in my Diluc + XQ/Fischl + Bennett + Zhongli team. I can probably use her for some kinda abyss stuff but I'm not sure what kinda team she'd be great for (although of course if you need ice hey why not)

I want a geo catalyst user who just magically summons some big stone fists to punch baddies with and plays like a melee.

She's a great super conduct enabler for Razor, but don't count on her for using ice to take down shields or anything, her skill ticks too slowly for that and she's got just about the worst energy problems in the game. She's one of my favorite characters and usually my preferred choice of healer but she definitely needs some rework.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i guess i read that question backwards. lol

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

How good? I love the look of the crafted sword but I already pre prepped a maxed R2 black sword for Ayaka already.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

THE BOULDER is honored that you remember him

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Is anyone else to AR 57?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm interested in Gorou just because "Geo Bow" seems like a weird combo they could do some cool stuff with (like Tartaglia's semi-melee stance swap), even if he didn't really do anything exciting in the otherwise-incredibly-sick beach fight.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the kageuchi is better on ayaka if you're playing her as pure burst cycling dps, which you should be in abyss, but the black sword will probably feel a lot better in the overworld where you're not going to be bursting every random bandit you see

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pope Urbane II posted:

Is anyone else to AR 57?

since last Monday yes

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mang Tomas posted:

How good? I love the look of the crafted sword but I already pre prepped a maxed R2 black sword for Ayaka already.

If you're critting all the time with your normals, getting 60 percent of that back as HP every 5 seconds is pretty good

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Mang Tomas posted:

It's not going to be that different if you already have Black Sword leveled up. You just won't not be able to ult spam as much but it makes her autoattacking more consistent (since you'll have a lot more crit without needing to maintain freeze on everything). Also it just heals you for autoattacking and should do at least the same autoattack damage, if not slightly better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The choice in 4* weapons is mostly preference since they all perform pretty close to each other. Blackcliff gets the advantage on damage due to the Crit DMG substat but has a really meh passive. Black Sword enhances her basic attacks and pushes her crits higher and makes them more consistent against enemies you can't maintain full Blizzard Strayer benefits on. Amenoma gives better burst uptime consistency at the cost of less damage potential than the others. Flute is a decent poverty option if you have none of the other swords around.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Anyone that's used the Amenoma Kageuchi, I have questions.

quote:

After casting an Elemental Skill, gain 1 Succession Seed. This effect can be triggered once every 5s. The Succession Seed lasts for 30s. Up to 3 Succession Seeds may exist simultaneously. After using an Elemental Burst, all Succession Seeds are consumed and after 2s, the character regenerates 6~12 Energy for each seed consumed.

Do the succession seeds stay if you switch characters and swap back?
Does the energy regeneration occur if you switch characters after using the burst?
Is the energy regenerated by succession seeds modified by energy recharge bonuses?
Is it actually good for what it does?

Sounds like it could be good for someone like Bennett or Kazuha with a low skill CD, but if I have to stay on field for 2-3 elemental skill casts in order to get the energy regeneration then gently caress no - that's too limiting. I'd rather have 50+% energy recharge from the Favonious Sword and the freedom to swap and use my burst whenever without worrying about seeds. I'm wary of genshin impact youtubers and their terrible, awful advice. If they say it's good and 36 energy is a gamechanger then I assume it's bad and they are wrong. Considering that requires investing 5 sword billets into the sword, it better be amazing and unequivocally better than the Favonious/Sac Sword. Is it?

I'm leaning towards putting that billet into R2 for the Iron Sting.

bandaid.friend posted:

The ley line challenge near the conch guy really stinks! As well as making me fight ice and electric baddies in a pool of water, there's three nearby enemy groups that can spot me and interrupt. Hilichurls, a samurai and ice/electro mages. Far out
Let them come, more loot for the loot vacuum. :toot:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sanctum posted:

Does the energy regeneration occur if you switch characters after using the burst?
Is the energy regenerated by succession seeds modified by energy recharge bonuses?

1. Yes, they persist when you swap characters.

2. The regeneration happens immediately, so that should be fine. It's not like elemental particles--it just immediately fills up part of your energy again.

3. I don't believe it's modified by ER but I could be wrong. My assumption is that ER affects energy gained from elemental particles but not necessarily direct energy refunds like what Amenoma Kageuchi does.

4. Yes, it's actually good. I have an R2 one right now and it helps noticeably in letting Ayaka burst close to on cooldown. R3+ would be even better but I'm out of billets right now. That said I can't think of too many non-Ayaka characters I'd use it for over Sac Sword. For example, on Kazuha and Xingqiu I'd much rather have a Sac Sword (or Iron Sting on Kazuha depending on how much EM you want).

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

dogsicle posted:

since last Monday yes

I could be wrong, but I don't think is possible yet to p2w resin refreshes for AR 58.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sanctum posted:

Yes, they stick around the full duration through swaps. Using elemental skill refreshes the duration on top of adding another stack.
Yes, it still only goes to the actual sword holder but even if you burst and swap immediately they are gonna get that refund on burst cast.
No, it's strictly a flat amount per seed.
Yes, it's good. You really want high refines on it though. Low refines give pretty small energy benefits but it's a pretty big chunk by the time you hit R4/5. At R4 you get back 31.5 energy and at R5 you get 36. That's just a bit shy of half the energy back of an 80 cost burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the seeds stay between swaps and the energy is flat and not modified by ER. i am using it on Ayaka so haven't had occasion to test if you get the regen off field

i don't see how the handful of extra ele% from refining Iron Sting would be better than having an Amenoma though, even if it's going to be less impressive before having refines of its own.

Pope Urbane II posted:

I could be wrong, but I don't think is possible yet to p2w resin refreshes for AR 58.

oh i have no idea. i didn't do much resin refreshing but having Welkin does make it feel "free" so i would do it on occasion when i had goals in mind. i also get the $$$ BP because namecards are pretty so i've had those extra fragiles.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 5, 2021