Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

orangelex44 posted:

Everyone’s bitching about quests and I sit here with an 80% win rate over 30 games of Handbuff Pally.

To be honest, Handbuff Paladin can be as disgusting as anything else (I just did 27 damage on Turn 6), but that said it would feel real bad to see it get nerfed anytime soon because it's basically the only deck on ladder that actually fights for board.
Like even Shaman right now just mostly cares about landing battlecries and weapon swings on your face, what happens to the minions after that isn't really a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I think the paladin conviction plus adjacent minions have windfury combo will get nerfed. If you can stick 2 minions on the board at turn 6 that's a minimum of 16 damage, often much more. If you have the nuts of a second conviction on t7 then you can do a minimum of 28 damage

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I am just ignoring Standard right now and I don't feel bad about it at all.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just hopping in to say that the UiS game board has got to be the most boring and uninspired one yet. But hey, it's got a secret:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7BDnvPUZqU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GTO posted:

I think the paladin conviction plus adjacent minions have windfury combo will get nerfed. If you can stick 2 minions on the board at turn 6 that's a minimum of 16 damage, often much more. If you have the nuts of a second conviction on t7 then you can do a minimum of 28 damage

sounds a bit slow.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
questlines are not fun and drive thoughtless play

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm beginning to think they didn't even really playtest this expansion.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

orangelex44 posted:

Everyone’s bitching about quests and I sit here with an 80% win rate over 30 games of Handbuff Pally.

what’s your list look like? I need a better deck to ladder with oh my

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Warrior Quest is cool and fun, actually

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Guys I figured out the secret to making Quest Paladin good.
All you have to do is draw well enough so you play Cariel on 5 and Lothraxion + Tour Guide on 6, that's all.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Warrior Quest is cool and fun, actually
Getting two Bulwarks in a row is kind of a hassle but otherwise I love the Warrior quest.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://kotaku.com/activistion-blizzard-faces-second-lawsuit-over-first-la-1847415904

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm beginning to think they didn't even really playtest this expansion.

Yeah I think it's pretty clear at this point that they let players do most of the balance testing.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I'm having a ton of fun in standard! Probably play some wild to see just how crazy warlock is right now.

Maybe it's not well balanced, but at least it's not like Descent of Dragons Shamanstone or Ashes unbalanced where you play one class over and over.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

They will continue to be sued. I think anyone who cares about this issue has made up their mind on what they are going to do about it. This lawsuit doesn't add anything in my opinion.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

questlines are not fun and drive thoughtless play

This. I played against 3 quest mages just now, and turned the game off. Devs and some people think it's about win rates. I won all 3 matches but it's not fun at all against these decks.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cry Havoc posted:

what’s your list look like? I need a better deck to ladder with oh my

I’m currently using this list, not sure if it needs more Goody Two shields over Argent squire though

### Handbuff Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Prismatic Jewel Kit
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Catacomb Guard
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) First Blade of Wrynn
# 1x (5) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (5) Moonfang
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
# 1x (6) Highlord Fordragon
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
#
AAECAZ3DAwr8uAOV5AP76AOR7AOi+APH+QPY+QPZ+QOoigSqigQKysEDzOsD4+sDh/QDiPQD8PYD8/YDqvgDlaAEyaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorcerer's should probably be 1x3/1x3/2x3 for spells at a minimum

Quotey posted:

I'm having a ton of fun in standard! Probably play some wild to see just how crazy warlock is right now.

Maybe it's not well balanced, but at least it's not like Descent of Dragons Shamanstone or Ashes unbalanced where you play one class over and over.

uh... what bracket are you in? :v:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

I’m currently using this list, not sure if it needs more Goody Two shields over Argent squire though

### Handbuff Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (3) Catacomb Guard
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 1x (5) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (5) Moonfang
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
# 1x (6) Highlord Fordragon
#
AAECAZ3DAwr8uAOV5AP76AOR7AOi+APH+QPY+QPZ+QOoigSqigQKysEDzOsD4+sDh/QDiPQD8PYD8/YDqvgDlaAEyaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'd say GTS is too good not use in this deck. She's a great target for handbuffs, and while it's rare you will get both Divine Shields to pop a Jewel Kit when it does it's always really good.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

It's like a fun free-for-all mode right now, but they definitely need to reign some stuff in. The idea of increasing the cost of at least a couple of the end quest rewards seems good.

I miss the Sidequests from DoD.

The hunter quest line needs to be changed. Only 2 spells that do damage for each level to get to the final level is bull

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I switched to Handbuff Paladin from Quest Mage because it felt lame, and has others have mentioned Paladin feeds off the top decks at the moment so it wins just as much. I picked this list from the d0nkey site and it's been destroying everything. I'd like to try Quest Warrior but it just seems too honest to actually win against the solitaire decks.

### Handbuff Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (3) Catacomb Guard
# 1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
#
AAECAZ8FCPu4A/y4A/voA5HsA9j5A9n5A6iKBKqKBAvKwQOezQPM6wPj6wOH9APw9gPz9gOq+APH+QOVoATJoAQA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/2u8mbQyyIzp3ngqCFyErQf/

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

orangelex44 posted:

if you don't get a ds minion and kit, you can whiff pretty hard.

perhaps in your pocket meta, perhaps on the climb up to legend, etc. but i still consistently lose to quest mage and quest rogue, even when i get a good starting hand.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I vastly prefer this early combo meta (where decks are at least interesting to play, if not to play against) to the early boring aggro meta of the last expansion where it was just one aggro face deck after the other and the card design was very cut and dry. Once the meta settles and decks are more optimized I'm sure you will still be able to cruise to legend with some sort of face hunter, standard curvestone deck or whatever you like to play.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I just went 7-1 with the elemental Shaman deck on Vicious Syndicate. It was fun.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Acerbatus posted:

uh... what bracket are you in? :v:

10*, dont usually play enough games to get up to D5/Legend no stars, so I think just my MMR bracket. The games I've palyed today have been less diverse than yesterday unfortunately, 50% mage and only 4 classes. I'll do some more later, hopefully see others. VS stats have most classes other than Mage/Paladin and Warrior around 10% playrate.

SI7 rogue is pretty fun, and it's satisfying to play the secret destroy dude against Ice Barrier.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 6, 2021

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, Quest Rogue is the other deck I'm interested in since I faced one with my Paladin deck and it looked like fun. They played their quest minion and then a few of the toys and I thought, ok, yeah I'll probably still win. Then they bounced him and it was like, ok, I'm not winning this.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is turning into something obscene pls help me make it better lol thanks:

### SpaceODDity
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Defend the Dwarven District
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) On the Hunt
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (3) Aimed Shot
# 2x (3) Blackwald Pixie
# 2x (3) Fencing Coach
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Powershot
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAa/XAwb6DsPqAp74AuXvA+fwA/34AwyAB5UUzhTpqwLl7wLslgOFsAObzQPb7QP3+AOpnwSqnwQA
#

loving POWERSHOT lol what am i doing oh god help

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Rustrot Viper has been doing a fuckload of work for me this meta. All the popular Paladin, Shaman and Hunter decks are running weapons and thanks to Tradeable it's not the end of the world to pick it up in other match-ups (and it has good stats for its cost anyway).

Playing Robes of Protection vs Quest Mage is still the most satisfying move in the game. It's a complete and final shutdown of that deck, which is going to have to start including AoE spells if it wants to survive.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I noticed today's Paladin decks were running Robes so I switched to a version with it and yeah, it's great!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Did that, and it ate a devolving missiles.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah Devolving Missiles should become standard, it's a solid answer to Paladin in general and Robes specifically. I opened the mage quest yesterday off the tavern track and took it as a sign to ride it to legend. The absurdity of the meta right now with this deck is finding enough non-targetted cards to combo out against an empty board (or just creating then removing your own minions in the same turn)

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Robes is also pretty good against Quest Rogue, which I'm seeing more of today. One interaction I wasn't expecting is that when they bounce one of your Divine Shield minions it triggers Prismatic Jewel Kit.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I love it when a warlock completes their quest with matron which discards the reward and they shame concede

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

sounds a bit slow.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not! But it can pull out quite a few turn 5/6 wins where the opponent probably thought they were safe and also go long if needed. Plus survive aggro with the taunts.

The long game is handbuff and board control but if you ever end up with conviction and windfury plus 2 minions on the board then you've pretty much won.

Bonus satisfaction if you have 3+ minions with conviction and windfury in hand and they trade you down to 2 to guarantee you maximum value from the windfury.

### Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
#
AAECAdz5Awb8uAP76AOR7APZ+QOoigSqigQMysEDns0DytEDhd4DzOsD4+sDh/QD8PYDqvgDx/kDlaAEyaAEAA==
#

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been having a lot of fun with Quest DH, completing the quest itself doesn't matter so much as you usually win through the discounts from the first and second rewards.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I know a lot of people hate it, but I've been having a blast with Questline Mage. It is just stomping through ladder for me, and even when I get a bad mulligan I've been winning. Lots of exact lethals, lots of drama and swings, and a few wins where the reward was just dead in my hand but I could burst the opponent down thanks to fireballs/apexis blasts/ignites and discovered spell damage minions. Once people in my part of ladder (currently D8) start teching against it I'll probably switch, but this is the most fun I've had playing Mage since the Tortollan nerf.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Bout to lose a bunch of games with this bad boy, hmu if you want some easy wins, DesertBus#1367:

### SpaceODDity3.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Defend the Dwarven District
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) On the Hunt
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (3) Aimed Shot
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Powershot
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Explosive Shot
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAYoWCIoD+g6e+AKggAPk1APl7wPn8AP9+AMLqAKAB84U6asC7JYDnp0DhbAD2+0D9/gDqZ8Eqp8EAA==
#

EDIT: 3.0 new and improved

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 6, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fanny packrat posted:

I know a lot of people hate it, but I've been having a blast with Questline Mage. It is just stomping through ladder for me, and even when I get a bad mulligan I've been winning. Lots of exact lethals, lots of drama and swings, and a few wins where the reward was just dead in my hand but I could burst the opponent down thanks to fireballs/apexis blasts/ignites and discovered spell damage minions. Once people in my part of ladder (currently D8) start teching against it I'll probably switch, but this is the most fun I've had playing Mage since the Tortollan nerf.

What list are you playing? I preferred to an ignite combo deck without the quest; and the quest mages I've run in to have either tried to do auctioneer stuff and badly, or haven't managed to kill me the next turn after quest completion like I'm hearing is happening.
The quest deck I tried is spell only. But I've seen some minion based variants, like the auctioneer one where you have to miracle away your deck and try and ignite streak.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Most of the ones I faced yesterday were doing the Auctioneer thing so the deck is definitely evolving (and also now packing Devolving Missiles, which they weren't the day before). I'm pretty close to D5 with Handbuff Paladin and once I get there I think I'll spend some time with Quest Rogue because from facing it more often yesterday it actually looks pretty fun and also effective, at least against me (apparently Rogue is second last on tier rankings on HSreplay at the moment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalko posted:

Yeah, Quest Rogue is the other deck I'm interested in since I faced one with my Paladin deck and it looked like fun. They played their quest minion and then a few of the toys and I thought, ok, yeah I'll probably still win. Then they bounced him and it was like, ok, I'm not winning this.

It's been a total blast, gotta say.

Quotey posted:

10*, dont usually play enough games to get up to D5/Legend no stars, so I think just my MMR bracket. The games I've palyed today have been less diverse than yesterday unfortunately, 50% mage and only 4 classes. I'll do some more later, hopefully see others. VS stats have most classes other than Mage/Paladin and Warrior around 10% playrate.

SI7 rogue is pretty fun, and it's satisfying to play the secret destroy dude against Ice Barrier.

It's basically been pure mage, with some paladins mages and druids that I've seen. Mage definitely is AoO DH/DoD/Shaman/FitB Paladin rn.