Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Can someone get the plexiglass coffin from Boy in the Plastic Bubble and put Cousins in it? That's the practical application I'm envisioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Projecting a pretty decent tank for miamis defense. But fair. X being traded is bad news - especially if you’re still clinging to hope that Noah Igbi will be anything this season. Maybe Needham fills the void?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
They’ll take a step back anyway, their turnover numbers are unlikely to sustain.

Trading X would be a disaster, they really do need to pay him

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't see a single game on the Texans schedule that they can win. Full speed ahead to 0-16! This is gonna be one of the worst teams in NFL history.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

I don't see a single game on the Texans schedule that they can win. Full speed ahead to 0-16! This is gonna be one of the worst teams in NFL history.

:yeah:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean on one hand they will almost certainly be truly godawful.

On the other hand, 4 games against a Colts team that probably doesn't have a QB and the Jaguars

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1423352081713410054

heh

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
T-60 minutes till kickoff. I was promised a game thread.

:mad:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jason Garrett gets that reporters don't... report to him, right? They're literally his peers, not his subordinates, lol.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jason Garrett is giving off some extreme “laid off man going through mental health episode” energy right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hughmoris posted:

T-60 minutes till kickoff. I was promised a game thread.

:mad:

Make it!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would have absolutely loved it if some hardened old school NY reporter said Hey Jason, you're not MY coach....Jason.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

kiimo posted:

I would have absolutely loved it if some hardened old school NY reporter said Hey Jason, you're not MY coach....Jason.

I wonder if Jason would clap back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Judging from everything I've seen out of him he would have cowered and scurried away

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Without cheating and googling it: for how many years was John Madden a head coach?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hughmoris posted:

Without cheating and googling it: for how many years was John Madden a head coach?
My guess is 12.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like it wasn't long at all like 5 years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, top of my head, I was gonna guess 6?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
John Madden answer: 10

Madden went 128-35-7 as a head coach. I haven't really thought much on it but I wouldn't have guessed him to be that successful, and to leave head coaching after only that many years.

*Kiimo is right, 10 years. He had 2 additional years as a LB coach.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 6, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I looked it up and I just want to say that he dominated the AFCW

edit: wikipedia says 10 years ???

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kirios posted:

Actually it would be full speed to 0-17 :smug:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

talking about 0 wins, the Colts' first like five games are really difficult and I can easily see them starting the season 0-5, but obviously they got nothing on the Texans

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hughmoris posted:

John Madden answer: 12. Good guess JT!.

Madden went 128-35-7 as a head coach. I haven't really thought much on it but I wouldn't have guessed him to be that successful, and to leave head coaching after only that many years.

Holy poo poo that record is insane, I had no idea

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Projecting a pretty decent tank for miamis defense. But fair. X being traded is bad news - especially if you’re still clinging to hope that Noah Igbi will be anything this season. Maybe Needham fills the void?

I'm sure they'll revert on turnovers regardless of X or not, but the upgrade to the run defense is pretty substantial, and I think that'll have other benefits- light boxes, more two-high shells, etc.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hughmoris posted:

John Madden answer: 12. Good guess JT!.

Never had a losing season.
Still the youngest coach to get 100 wins.
Still the Raiders' winningest coach.

Retired because of his ulcer, at the top of his game.

I mean cmon.

Look at this loving career.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

I mean cmon.

This is why my Dad is confused when I say I hate Denver more than the Raiders. He grew up with THAT.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Madden had so many beautiful, totally horseshit wins too

Goddamn fumblerooski

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Why did Madden leave coaching? With that kind of record, it seems like he could have been successful pretty much anywhere he wanted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Manoueverable posted:

Why did Madden leave coaching? With that kind of record, it seems like he could have been successful pretty much anywhere he wanted.

Madden couldn't hack in the post season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he had some form of IBD before dealing with it was all that advanced on top of losing passion for coaching after winning the super bowl

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GD_American posted:

I mean cmon.

I never knew anyone other than Cowher lost than many AFC title games

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Madden may be the greatest regular season coach ever.

In the playoffs, though, he becomes regular season jason garrett.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

I'm sure they'll revert on turnovers regardless of X or not, but the upgrade to the run defense is pretty substantial, and I think that'll have other benefits- light boxes, more two-high shells, etc.

I’m more concerned with the reliance on press man and losing one of the top cover corners moreso than the turnovers tbh

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Madden may be the greatest regular season coach ever.

In the playoffs, though, he becomes regular season jason garrett.

The original Clapper.

Also, he goes by Coach now, not Jason.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Madden's Raiders also played in a bunch of very memorable games: Immaculate Reception, Sea of Hands, Ghost to the Post, Holy Roller, a couple of other wacky games against the Steelers, George Blanda's absurd run of saving games in 1970, basically all the highs of Ken Stabler winning games hung over on 3 hours of sleep while George Atkinson was trying to decapitate wide receivers and the other insanity going on with the 70s Raiders such as the simple existence of Al Davis.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would just have to gently caress with him if I was in that room. I'd reply "no worries Justin".

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol cool

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

This is why my Dad is confused when I say I hate Denver more than the Raiders. He grew up with THAT.

I got to live in LA for a year right at the tail end of the original Raiders madness, as Lyle Alzado and Howie Long kinda kept up the crazy biker gang ethic, and Marcus Allen (then Bo) kept them fun to watch. We went to almost every home game; I did notice there were wayyyy more fights in the stands during the Chargers game, and that carried over when we moved to SD and watched the division games at Jack Murphy. It was a really intense fanbase rivalry that was pretty uncovered by national press.

I had a great uncle that lived in Colorado most of his life (hell, he was a vendor at Broncos games for 20 years as a post-retirement gig) before moving to SD near us. We used to love all talking AFC West poo poo.

Nobody gave a gently caress about the Chiefs or Seahawks.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What coaches have a detectable personality and are any good nowadays, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Isn't Garrett supposed to be tactically incompetent but highly regarded for being a player's coach?