Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

The seats are extremely uncomfortable, especially for taller people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kraftwerk posted:

The seats are extremely uncomfortable, especially for taller people.

People daily drive all sorts of things including Elises and motorcycles.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

probably world rally blue pearl...but I'm tempted by the red color that is being offered as well. I wish I could see it in person before choosing but oh well.

I've wanted a nice metallic blue colored car for like 20 years now and I gotta make it happen. I've had 3 red cars and I love red but time for something else.

WRBP pops really nice in the sun.

will I be getting forged Apex wheels in gold? all signs point to yes

Blue + gold wheels is nice

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

$48k and still the EJ257

The EJ257is not going in the new WRX/STI at all, it's FA24

And the EJ257 wasnt actually a bad motor, mostly dickhead "Stage toooooooooo full Cobb bro" tooooooners

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The EJ257is not going in the new WRX/STI at all, it's FA24

And the EJ257 wasnt actually a bad motor, mostly dickhead "Stage toooooooooo full Cobb bro" tooooooners

The motor was the one part of my idiot hellcar that didn't gently caress up in an insulting fashion.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Midjack posted:

The motor was the one part of my idiot hellcar that didn't gently caress up in an insulting fashion.

I tried to make this complete a thread title but it's just too long. Did my best with it anyway for the Terrible Car Stuff thread.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Owns.

https://twitter.com/morganmotor/status/1423208095291949059?s=20

https://www.morgan-motor.com/morgan-forges-a-new-path-with-plus-four-cx-t/

Sucks:

quote:

Tempted? Well, just eight will be built, all to be finished before the end of 2021 and priced at £170,000 plus local taxes. For that, you’ll be able to sit down with Morgan’s design team to tailor the specification to your exact desires.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I tried to make this complete a thread title but it's just too long. Did my best with it anyway for the Terrible Car Stuff thread.

:cheerdoge:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37223159/new-york-auto-show-canceled/

Nissan better still showoff the new Z, those cowards :argh:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

First the Morgan +4 CT-X and now Mazdas new patent filings. Today is a good day in automotive news.

https://taku2-4885.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/08/05/181305

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yes yes yes go jinba ittai go

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh poo poo, a new RX?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

It'd be cool if Mazda made a relatively affordable 2-door EV sport coupe. Do what the Miata did for affordable sports cars in the 90s.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Perfect in every way

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Oh man, this is exciting. The patent drawings really do match up well with the RX Vision photo.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

I'm waiting for the second portion of the patents for the front half. I want to see how much longitudinal room there is between the engine frame rails.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not to tamp excitement but filling patents is cheap and it's more of a legal protection than an indicator of product direction.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bull3964 posted:

Not to tamp excitement but filling patents is cheap and it's more of a legal protection than an indicator of product direction.

Yeah it appears to be a technology patent, not a design patent, but I'm only an internet comment lawyer, soooo

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Guinness posted:

It'd be cool if Mazda made a relatively affordable 2-door EV sport coupe. Do what the Miata did for affordable sports cars in the 90s.

Their across the board push upmarket makes this less likely IMO. I'm thinking more like halo car, the way the RX-7 was for the brand (Eunos etc aside)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They might as well do something with that RWD based straight six set-up they've apparently got coming

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Powershift posted:

They might as well do something with that RWD based straight six set-up they've apparently got coming

If Mazda made a Mustang competitor with a nicer interior and a straight six I'd be OK with this. Maybe pull off what Kia failed at.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Does anyone even notice or miss car shows, apart from crappy journalists who would miss the boozy free jaunt paid for by car company PR?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I like them, they're a nice way to spend a Sunday. You get to sit in and touch cars you can't afford. :buddy:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Does anyone even notice or miss car shows, apart from crappy journalists who would miss the boozy free jaunt paid for by car company PR?

It's not an awful way to spend a lazy day, especially if you're thinking about buying a new car. There's no other way to effectively move from one manufacturer's car to another's.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've never actually gone to one, so :shrug:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

I like them, they're a nice way to spend a Sunday. You get to sit in and touch cars you can't afford. :buddy:

Yeah its like an open house.

Like most things, some car shows are good..most.. nah.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I used to go to the Detroit show every few years, but now that some manufacturers are sitting it out, the value drops off fast. Usually there are only a few cars I really want to look at. Missing even one starts to make it faster to just visit dealers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Yeah its like an open house.

Like most things, some car shows are good..most.. nah.

I always dislike walking around on day 3 when all the models they hired are just so worn out and falling asleep on their feet during the scripted presentations, it breaks my heart that booth babes are still a thing and they really seem to have a particularly bad time at car shows.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

It's fun to harass Mitsubishi North America.
And to run the "how many bodies does this trunk hold" competitions.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I do SEMA and Radwood. Everything else is worthless.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

I always dislike walking around on day 3 when all the models they hired are just so worn out and falling asleep on their feet during the scripted presentations, it breaks my heart that booth babes are still a thing and they really seem to have a particularly bad time at car shows.

yeah the objectification of ladies and motorsport are a big gripe of mine. On par with gendering or naming cars with human names. I hope its something that dies with the outgoing generation.

McTinkerson posted:

It's fun to harass Mitsubishi North America.

"Wow I love how you guys lovingly restored this decade old Lancer!"

New cars don't really do it for me, or halo cars treated like a rare painting and never used, nor do the kind of cars that the owner pays others to keep for them. The kinda people that puts their own time and effort into an aging ride? yeah that can be the good kinda show. Character and stories.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Those events have been repackaged into First Drive Events

Car shows are neat to look at multiple manufacturers' cars in a short period of time, and without having to deal with the full-court press of some salespersons

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Subaru brought some dogs available for adoption.

I test drove a Civic but the lady insisted I turn right at this intersection and I'm like...no I can't...sure enough it was a one way bus lane 🤣

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Those events have been repackaged into First Drive Events

Yeah good point, tho covid's made a mess of those too

quote:

Car shows are neat to look at multiple manufacturers' cars in a short period of time, and without having to deal with the full-court press of some salespersons

Unless you get an early access pass, you are dealing with public open days and honestly I'd rather get kicked in the balls than deal with the crowds. A lot of car yards are able to be walked through by the public after hours here (Is that the case in the US?) and sure cant sit inside but you can have a very good casual look uninterrupted.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A lot of car yards are able to be walked through by the public after hours here (Is that the case in the US?) and sure cant sit inside but you can have a very good casual look uninterrupted.

Yes you can do this in the US, I’ve randomly stopped a few times at closed dealers when I’ve spotted something interesting.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I always try to get a private pass or go first thing on day 1. Otherwise the crowds are large in quantity or stupidity.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah good point, tho covid's made a mess of those too

quote:

Dear XXXXXX,

We are excited to welcome you to the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience.

With updated health and safety protocols by the CDC, state and local governments, we want to make sure your experience is as seamless as it is thrilling.

We are notifying all pre-registrants that while masks are optional for fully vaccinated attendees, they are strongly encouraged and recommended to be worn properly throughout your experience. Masks will still be required for attendees that are not fully vaccinated. We ask that social distancing is still practiced while at the event.

I'm going this Sunday :shrug:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A lot of car yards are able to be walked through by the public after hours here (Is that the case in the US?) and sure cant sit inside but you can have a very good casual look uninterrupted.

It's probably technically trespassing but most dealership lots are open enough that you can walk up and look around when they're closed.

Sometimes they don't even lock all the doors :eng101: I've sat in a 370Z and a Veloster while visiting closed dealer lots.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hell yeah order placed

limited, 6spd, world rally blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

BraveUlysses posted:

hell yeah order placed

limited, 6spd, world rally blue