Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If HHH started his own promotion what would he call it? Sledgehammer Championship Wrestling?

Not enough iron crosses or Motorhead references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
WWE does 1 good thing per year to keep baiting the Roman Reigns avatars into swearing WWE's product is great and they're about to turn it on. The week after this year's Wrestlemania was like hell on Earth. Vincels just taking victory lap after victory lap over Bad Bunny and Bianca and Reigns retaining.

It's been like 4 months and they've all went home already.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lid posted:

The 2021 NXT Breakout Tournament will feature:

Carmelo Hayes

Andre Chase

Trey Baxter

Duke Hudson

Josh Briggs

Joe Gacy

Ikemen Jiro

Odyssey Jones

Odyssey Jones is what Taz calls Homer.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SonicRulez posted:

WWE does 1 good thing per year to keep baiting the Roman Reigns avatars into swearing WWE's product is great and they're about to turn it on. The week after this year's Wrestlemania was like hell on Earth. Vincels just taking victory lap after victory lap over Bad Bunny and Bianca and Reigns retaining.

It's been like 4 months and they've all went home already.

I can't imagine being so wrapped up into any media that I need to fight for it's honor online. Like these people are advertising a product for free in their spare time and getting nothing in return.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If HHH started his own promotion what would he call it? Sledgehammer Championship Wrestling?

Jäger Über Alles

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JT Smiley posted:

At this point I just want HHH to say gently caress it and start his own wrestling company with all the guys Vince will never love. Not even because I want to watch it but because it would be far more interesting that whatever NXT has become at the moment.

That’s what NXT was when it started. It was good. But it was also based on an always changing roster of wrestlers that kept it fresh due to call ups. Then his dream roster got taken away from him and all he was left with is performance center leftovers, which is the current state of NXT

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

E; wrong thread

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Astro7x posted:

That’s what NXT was when it started. It was good. But it was also based on an always changing roster of wrestlers that kept it fresh due to call ups. Then his dream roster got taken away from him and all he was left with is performance center leftovers, which is the current state of NXT

I think things would be at least manageable for NXT if there was any sort of sense of logic or reason to the callups, but instead Vince will randomly call them up and go "Send me your 10 best guys TOMORROW" and everything NXT was doing is just immediately hosed. Or stuff like the Karrion Kross thing where he'll let the NXT talent keep appearing on NXT and Raw at the same time but they're completely different characters having completely conflicting storylines or whatever the gently caress.

What's especially wild is apparently it's just always been this way with WWE's developmental territories so it's not even a symptom of Vince's current brain-rot, that's just how he works.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
health inspector odyssey jones loved our new special wing special... only at doobie's...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Whatever happened to... Odyssey Jones?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Drakkel posted:

I think things would be at least manageable for NXT if there was any sort of sense of logic or reason to the callups, but instead Vince will randomly call them up and go "Send me your 10 best guys TOMORROW" and everything NXT was doing is just immediately hosed. Or stuff like the Karrion Kross thing where he'll let the NXT talent keep appearing on NXT and Raw at the same time but they're completely different characters having completely conflicting storylines or whatever the gently caress.

What's especially wild is apparently it's just always been this way with WWE's developmental territories so it's not even a symptom of Vince's current brain-rot, that's just how he works.

It was hilarious that HHH once claimed that no one gets called up without a minimum of six months of booking mapped out ahead of time.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

It was hilarious that HHH once claimed that no one gets called up without a minimum of six months of booking mapped out ahead of time.

Every time HHH defends NXT callups it sounds more and more like he just lives in a fantasy world where everything is good and Vince is proud of his work.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
going to make karrion kross look strong with 50/50 booking with noted strong upper card singles star jeff hardy

if only we'd gotten to see the full story of 6 weeks of 3 minute matches ending in rollups and ref distraction low blows before a 6 minute blowoff on the summerslam preshow, we would be ashamed to have mocked the brilliant mind of vince mcmahon

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

going to make karrion kross look strong with 50/50 booking with noted strong upper card singles star jeff hardy

But but but but Jeff Hardy was the World Champion like 13 years ago!!! Clearly that means he's being pushed exactly as hard now as he was then and it's actually completely understandable that the younger guy whose laid waste to the companies entire third brand can't lay a finger on him!!!!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

explosivo posted:

I'll never forget this match not because of the ping pong ball eyeball but because of Seth Rollins vomiting in horror as if that's something anybody wants to see.

My favorite thing about the match was them recreating Timbo so well that Mega64 was convinced for a sec that Vince or somebody else in management watches their videos

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Whatever happened to... Odyssey Jones?

Me and Odyssey Jones, we got a thing goin' on
We both know that it's wrong, but it's much too strong to let it go now

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A couple of years ago after binging "Detrioters", I had a dream where Tim and Sam became wrestlers. Sam went by the name "Voyager Jones", so I consider this to be copyright infringement.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Zombie Lemur posted:

there's the joke i wanted to make, good job

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

abraham linksys posted:

if only we'd gotten to see the full story of 6 weeks of 3 minute matches ending in rollups and ref distraction low blows

remember when we were going to get nak v styles and we were excited then it was nothing but 3 min nutshot fests

good poo poo

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Lid posted:

The red light is the best part because it was a choice that served zero purpose and actively detracted from the match. The DQ, The Fiend no selling ten curb stomps, those happened in the match. The light... why was there a heroin light over the match?

reposting this old gem

https://i.imgur.com/kBdEhna.mp4

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

NXTWO

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Game Changer Wrestling

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it's all about the game

and how you change it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

King Of Kings Wrestling.

But it unfortunately gets shortened to KOK Wrestling

bartok
May 10, 2006

Cena is pretty good in the new Suicide Squad for what it's worth.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

HHH's Hollywood Hunks

(wrestling)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bartok posted:

Cena's good at everything except being a wrestling babyface

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bartok posted:

seconded

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
just cause i did like a 1 week cleanse, here's a quick catchup of stuff that was talked about but not posted

look at these hooligans who look like they knock over dustbins in Shaftsbury

This would have been a good spot if they died - instead they 1 lined it on like smackdown that "they fell on a lower roof"

Ric Flair news reaction:

and imo the real death/downfall of WWE:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hirez posted:

This would have been a good spot if they died - instead they 1 lined it on like smackdown that "they fell on a lower roof"

Is this AleisterMalakai Black being tossed off

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If Pete Dunne does leave WWE I'm sure he will be welcomed back into the loving arms of the thriving British indie scene that he did so much to nurture, encourage, and protect.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Nick Jr. Face posted:

*giggles britishly*

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Well first there was WWE. Then there was NXT. So this would be the third attempt. Or, Third Wrestling Reich.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hirez posted:

look at these hooligans who look like they knock over dustbins in Shaftsbury

What if they become ruffians? :ohdear:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mactheknife posted:

kickin' it in hattiesburg

i used to live there for like 4 months

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's what turned him into Garth Marengi

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I know wrestlers who use subtext. They’re all cowards

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

When they showed that rooftop set on Wrestlecrap, my immediate thought was that you couldn't pay me enough to get tossed onto the lower level. It looks very much like that crash mat is very close to the edge of the actual roof, and the barrier isn't much higher than the pad itself. Would I want to get thrown there at speed by some dude with zero safety training, especially knowing the WWE probably didn't give a flying rat's rear end about safety either?

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

He’s not actually throwing them though? Mysterio and Black are doing all the work. He’s just moving them toward the wall and they jump flip over it. You know, like all flips in wrestling.