Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ragnar34 posted:

Interesting fact in the comments: this is a couple of years old, as in they found her in 2019, and they did in fact take out the eye to scan it into a database.

:negative:

This explains so much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/letsassume/status/1423484447668703242?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The non‐avian dinosaurs went extinct tens of million years before the emergence of grasslands.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Aug 6, 2021

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The non‐avian dinosaurs went extinct tens of million years before the emergence of grasslands.

:goonsay:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Platystemon posted:

Jurrassic Park is set in the modern era, and depicts dinosaurs being held in a grassland habitat :colbert:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Platystemon posted:

To expand on this bit of pedantry, it's worth mentioning that the earliest fossil record of angiosperms (flowering/fruiting plants) is pollen from 134 million years ago (Mya) and plant fossils from 125 Mya, and the Jurassic period went from about 200 to 145 Mya. So not only did grass not exist during the Jurassic, no flowering plants of any kind did. Of course, the movie Jurassic Park has dinosaurs from the Cretaceous too, but you wouldn't ever see flowering plants coexisting with Jurassic dinos like sauropods (big necky bois like Brontosaurus), Stegosaurus, and many others. And "flowering plants" includes basically every plant you can think of except for ferns, mosses, gingko trees, and conifers (pine trees and similar), so those are the sorts of plants you should imagine populating the Earth in the Jurassic.

Anyway, evolutionary history is cool. I've always thought it was kind of surprising that something so ubiquitous and basic-seeming as "fruit" evolved so recently (relatively speaking, anyway).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/1423489493055672329?s=21

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

On one hand that was interesting and something I did not know. On the other, Jesus Christ.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Nice zen garden pooper but does it have decent WiFi so I can stare at tiktoks while I go?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat kids how about you put down the phone and TALK to the person next to you about the TICKS you will both get from the open air nature toilet

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

To expand on this bit of pedantry, it's worth mentioning that the earliest fossil record of angiosperms (flowering/fruiting plants) is pollen from 134 million years ago (Mya) and plant fossils from 125 Mya, and the Jurassic period went from about 200 to 145 Mya. So not only did grass not exist during the Jurassic, no flowering plants of any kind did. Of course, the movie Jurassic Park has dinosaurs from the Cretaceous too, but you wouldn't ever see flowering plants coexisting with Jurassic dinos like sauropods (big necky bois like Brontosaurus), Stegosaurus, and many others. And "flowering plants" includes basically every plant you can think of except for ferns, mosses, gingko trees, and conifers (pine trees and similar), so those are the sorts of plants you should imagine populating the Earth in the Jurassic.

Anyway, evolutionary history is cool. I've always thought it was kind of surprising that something so ubiquitous and basic-seeming as "fruit" evolved so recently (relatively speaking, anyway).

It still blows my mind that sharks have been around longer than trees.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sorry. It’s a very pretty photo. I don’t mean to go NDT on it.

It’s not the photographer’s fault that Hollywood doesn’t have guts.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The women's room is always fancier.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ilana_who_/status/1423435411225989127?s=21

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Wow

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is weird as poo poo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Never forget… this slate of Disney channel originals this season. (I forgot).

At least we now know where and how Melissa Joan Hart got radicalized.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

buddy,

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

If you are around 35 or older you owe it to yourself to watch the documentary on HBO about Woodstock '99.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1423667371596677120

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

D-Pad posted:

If you are around 35 or older you owe it to yourself to watch the documentary on HBO about Woodstock '99.

Is that the one that the crowd burned to the ground?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

mds2 posted:

Is that the one that the crowd burned to the ground?

Yes, and so much more crazy poo poo. It was the Fyre Festival of its time and jesus our generation sucked.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/geniusguy69/status/1423112583238889475

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A goon named Stink Billyums posted this in DnD. It's so good I want to share it here.
https://twitter.com/KristerJohnson/status/1423393547181461504

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Imagine being a loving frog minding your own business and some rear end in a top hat runs up with a camera and holds it like 2 feet from you while you take a monster poo poo.

Rude.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Frank Frank posted:

Imagine being a loving frog minding your own business and some rear end in a top hat runs up with a camera and holds it like 2 feet from you while you take a monster poo poo.

Rude.

Uh, the frog asked him to do that to document the event?!?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Yikes. And is that a weird instrumental cover of Steal My Sunshine in the background?

Now that I think about it it's probably a Disney Radio cover.

CaptainBeefart has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Aug 6, 2021

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The miracle of child birth

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I did not know that frogs had such big poops

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

canyoneer posted:

GET EDUCATED. It's not the PYF Tweets Virgin Mary vs Chad Jesus Thread's responsibility to teach you poo poo

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

GET EDUCATED. It's not the PYF Tweets Virgin Mary vs Chad Jesus Thread's responsibility to teach you poo poo

And yet,

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1423710851937284097

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/proustmalone/status/1423652553934483463

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Frank Frank posted:

Rude.

Imagine taking a poo poo the size of your own leg. Not just length either, it's as thick all the way down as your thigh at its widest point. You wrestle this monster for what seems like centuries and it's not even breaking. You have to start waddling forward because at this point it's pushing you just as hard as you're pushing it and you don't have the strength to resist anymore

Finally, the last of it slithers free, off to be worshipped as a god by a tribe of nomads on a desert planet. You're fifty pounds lighter, eight belt loops thinner and you don't know if your ring is ever going to recover or if you need to track down Kirk "Goatman" Johnson to get recommendations for the best brand of bathtub drain plugs to keep your bowel movements from dribbling out unimpeded for the rest of your life

You've just fought the battle of your life. Thor and Hercules couldn't have taken on this serpent with the best CGI a billion dollars of Disney money could buy. You're a hero. You're a god. And as you're lying on the floor basking in the glory of your greatest accomplishment, you realize that nobody will ever know

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/loadedtek/status/1423315517180420098?s=21

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

flavor.flv posted:

Imagine taking a poo poo the size of your own leg. Not just length either, it's as thick all the way down as your thigh at its widest point. You wrestle this monster for what seems like centuries and it's not even breaking. You have to start waddling forward because at this point it's pushing you just as hard as you're pushing it and you don't have the strength to resist anymore

Finally, the last of it slithers free, off to be worshipped as a god by a tribe of nomads on a desert planet. You're fifty pounds lighter, eight belt loops thinner and you don't know if your ring is ever going to recover or if you need to track down Kirk "Goatman" Johnson to get recommendations for the best brand of bathtub drain plugs to keep your bowel movements from dribbling out unimpeded for the rest of your life

You've just fought the battle of your life. Thor and Hercules couldn't have taken on this serpent with the best CGI a billion dollars of Disney money could buy. You're a hero. You're a god. And as you're lying on the floor basking in the glory of your greatest accomplishment, you realize that nobody will ever know

:feelsgood:

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Frank Frank posted:

Rude.

On Tuesday the babysitter called me over specifically to show me a big turd on my back porch. I thought it was notable because I figured one of our dogs didn’t make it to the yard in time and was having intestinal issues.

“Are the dogs acting weird?”
“The dogs didn’t do it, I watched a FROG do it.”
“A frog?”

I had to pick up a big ole frog turd off the porch. Had no idea they poo poo like that. Maybe I thought it was like birds or fish.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

deoju posted:

A goon named Stink Billyums posted this in DnD. It's so good I want to share it here.
https://twitter.com/KristerJohnson/status/1423393547181461504

I beg of all of you, do not sleep on this.

Context in case this absolute poet doesn't make it clear: some asshat cursed out, groped, and punched some women flight attendants, while talking like he was king poo poo because "my father is worth $2 million" (lol, so that's why you're flying coach on Frontier). Our man Alfredo steps in.

I'd post the footage from the plane if I wasn't on my phone; I know it's over in the schadenfreude thread.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

I ruptured a disc in my lower back and was given opiates for the pain, and you are literally describing my life for the last six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

canyoneer posted:

organburner posted:

Uh, the frog asked him to do that to document the event?!?

canyoneer posted:

Frank Frank posted:

Rude.

that's a toad