Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

More limes, be gray

Do not - do not eat grey limes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lib and let die posted:

Do not - do not eat grey limes

Fun times, eat hay.

This is very dry humour.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

hey Assman, you don't need an additional copy for each play-thru

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Xander77 posted:

Ah.

There are also two copies of Blood Dragon one screen down.

The real crime here is zero copies of the best Anno game

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cojawfee posted:

Unless it was for some special version of BF1, EA has no way of knowing that your prime expired.

Xander77 posted:

Can I get the game with the free trial?

Catzilla posted:

I honestly don’t know. My guess is you can claim it and play it, but you’ll lose access once your trial ends.

So I thought I might as well determine whether that is the case.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Plague Tale: Innocence and Minit are free on EGS this week

Speed Brawl was slated for this week instead of Minit, but whatever Minit is a neat little game

Rebel Galaxy is next week

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

repiv posted:

Plague Tale: Innocence and Minit are free on EGS this week

Speed Brawl was slated for this week instead of Minit, but whatever Minit is a neat little game

Rebel Galaxy is next week

Minit is either a EGS repeat, or was on some other freebie platform. It's a neat little RPG where you basically get 1:00 one minute before it resets. Explore one way and pick up a $thing, and the next 'day' you start with that $thing so now you can go explore this other way and maybe hit a checkpoint. Then when it resets you begin at the checkpoint. So on and repeat

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Minit is either a EGS repeat
Yes, it's a repeat.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I got bored of Minit pretty quick. Anyone who has not played A Plague Tale though should not hesitate, get that poo poo immediately

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Rebel Galaxy is also a repeat I think, as I already have it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
minit is good and i can't imagine getting bored by it before you finish the game

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Xander77 posted:

So I thought I might as well determine whether that is the case.

Thinking about it more, you’ll probably keep it once the trial is over as it binds to your EA account not your Amazon one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

flatluigi posted:

minit is good and i can't imagine getting bored by it before you finish the game

If you want an explanation, it just seemed like i was essentially doing the same thing over and over even though the locations changed slightly. Hurry to go to the place and then the other place to finish the 'quest' and expand the area you can access, rinse and repeat. Just didn't love it. I'm not a huge fan of time limits either

I actually liked Minit Racer a bit better since it had more actual gameplay, at least from my perspective.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

drat Plague Tale so soon after Control and PoE before that, and Rebel Galaxy has been something I've wanted for a while but never bought.

Just never gonna buy a game again, can't even get through this many good games.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

drat Plague Tale so soon after Control and PoE before that, and Rebel Galaxy has been something I've wanted for a while but never bought.

Just never gonna buy a game again, can't even get through this many good games.

RG's soundtrack has had more playtime here than the game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Ultima Underworld and Syndicate games are all FREE on GOG until September 3rd!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

THE BAR posted:

RG's soundtrack has had more playtime here than the game.

I seem to remember Rebel Galaxy has a feature where you can calibrate the soundtrack from the main menu, or maybe even from outside the game. Set your combat tracks, your non-combat tracks, etc. Really liked that.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Hell yeah, I haven't played Syndicate Wars, but the rest are some of my favorite old games.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

thanks GOG, I'll throw 'em on the pile

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

bees x1000 posted:

thanks GOG, I'll throw 'em on the pile

They were just pulled a few weeks ago. I assume that GOG got them back and are loving with the publisher... which I appreciate.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hold on there, Jeff Double Dragons, you modern Robin Hood, you. This is planned and authorized by EA.

In fact, they are also giving those games out on Origin if you care to also own a copy there for some reason:

https://www.origin.com/store/ultima/ultima-underworld-the-stygian-abyss
https://www.origin.com/store/ultima/ultima-underworld-ii-labyrinth-of-worlds
https://www.origin.com/store/syndicate/syndicate-1993

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
I bloody love Ultima Underworld. I first played it just a few years ago and had a great time, it kept me up until the wee small hours and I even finished it which is a rarity for me

Edit: you can manually make notes on the map, which is brilliant and every game with a map should allow for that

Trip Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 6, 2021

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
i've cracked the code and figured out the egs business model. the games are free but the launcher app will bill you 99 cents every time you run it

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
and you can buy the $5 DLC pack for the launcher that skips the 30 second commercial delay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JustJeff88 posted:

They were just pulled a few weeks ago. I assume that GOG got them back and are loving with the publisher... which I appreciate.

Is this a bit or do you really think CDPR is "sticking it" to EA of all loving companies

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They're free on Origin now too.

I think the most likely explanation is that EA honestly just forgot that they were expiring soon and didn't expect the public to care so much about those old games and they couldn't extend the publishing rights to CDPR in time before they got delisted. The freebies on GOG and Origin basically being EA's way of saying "whoops, sorry about that".

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

I can’t imagine a company less likely to do something like that because they are sorry than EA.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

CygnusTM posted:

I can’t imagine a company less likely to do something like that because they are sorry than EA.

Took the words right out of my keyboard

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rebel Galaxy is free on EGS today.

I came here to get some opinions on it. You have all failed me.

Hey, I actually played one of these free games yesterday! Defense Grid and it was pretty fun. I think I only have 1 level left and I wish there were more.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I played it years ago when it first came out, it's a fun space trucking / combat game with a great soundtrack. You're locked onto a 2D plane so the combat is naval style maneuvering to try and unleash broadsides against enemy ships, but that simplified approach works really well for it. The sequel is full 3D but I've not played it and don't remember it getting as much buzz.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's way better than the sequel. I didn't even think those two games were related since Rebel Galaxy seemed really well-made while the sequel just didn't and didn't interest me whatsoever.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Hey, I actually played one of these free games yesterday! Defense Grid and it was pretty fun. I think I only have 1 level left and I wish there were more.

There is DLC for the first Defense Grid, if you didn't notice

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I loved rebel galaxy when I played it earlier this year, probably spent 30 hours playing it

protip if you get tired of the soundtrack is to mute music and put on the cowboy bebop soundtrack

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The combat is a 360 railshooter in disguise, which is pretty fun for at least a couple hours. It becomes a grind to get numbers up with money from the same few job types. Story is somewhat interesting and provide permanent upgrade too.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 12, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

An Ounce of Gold posted:

You have all failed me.

I'm extremely grateful to this thread, because without it I would never remember to get the Epic freebies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
rebel galaxy's only caveat is that the balance for it can be super wonky and there's a nontrivial amount of grind at various points in the game to handle that wonky balance. but the rest of the game is more than good enough to make up for those rough edges.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Crap, completely forgot to claim Plague Story. Here's hoping it'll repeat around christmas time or something.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

I loved rebel galaxy when I played it earlier this year, probably spent 30 hours playing it

protip if you get tired of the soundtrack is to mute music and put on the cowboy bebop soundtrack

Or just put your own mp3s into the game.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Nyaa posted:

The combat is a 360 railshooter in disguise, which is pretty fun for at least a couple hours. It becomes a grind to get numbers up with money from the same few job types. Story is somewhat interesting and provide permanent upgrade too.

It's literally the ship combat from Assassin's Creed 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1052380/Ikeda__The_Scrap_Hunter_EP/ <-- This thing is free right now, but will apparently not be free in the near future?