Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/73154

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mandoric posted:

Is there a resource on how to extract/reinject files from modern Unity games without paying the DevX tax? UABE and uTinyRipper won't even touch the files in question, AssetStudio will get them out but not back in, the official bundle tools don't want to install.

I think you want BepInEX?

https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx
https://bepis.io/unity.html

At least for reinjecting/sideloading

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think you want BepInEX?

https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx
https://bepis.io/unity.html

At least for reinjecting/sideloading

Thanks! I'll play with it a bit after I'm done with work and see how far I get. The new FF releases seem extremely moddable, the data files I've been able to get at are set up like they would be if SE had made their own RPGMaker and then remade each game in it, so I'm hoping there's a lot of potential for randomizers, guest-star boss hacks, and balance tweaks.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Too much Silent Storm I guess.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It werfers plasma.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm trying to imagine, even if it didn't violate lore to begin with to have Nazis with plasma weapons, why one of those would be in Nevada.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
A museum piece, restored to full functionality, obviously. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to imagine, even if it didn't violate lore to begin with to have Nazis with plasma weapons, why one of those would be in Nevada.

Seeing as the timeline diverged AFTER world war 2, not likely at all and also the Nazis weren't in the habit of putting big loving reichsadler eagles on weaponry, despite pop culture ideas of the matter.
Waffenamt are tiny little roll marks, not big honking swastikas and such.

Stuff like Wolfenstein has a special place cause it's flashy and over the top and stupid by design.

e; lol misread your post, leaving this all here tho.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MariusLecter posted:

e; lol misread your post, leaving this all here tho.

LOL

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Skwirl posted:

I mean an official FO4 dlc has post war Enclave power armor in a soda pop company's theme park. Really this mod is actually dev quality

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Skwirl posted:

That's easy to explain. It was brought to America as part of Operation Paperclip.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I agree, bards should be ready for adventure. What do you-

- oh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1421644928237674503

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
New Preston Garvey

"Known Bugs:
Preston, being a giant mutated mantis shrimp, is a very large and well known/documented bug in this mod."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leal posted:

I agree, bards should be ready for adventure. What do you-

- oh

I dunno they seem adventurous to me.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

SetSliRol posted:

New Preston Garvey

"Known Bugs:
Preston, being a giant mutated mantis shrimp, is a very large and well known/documented bug in this mod."

I'm always a fan of lore-friendly mods.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So thread favorite Arthmoor decided to go scorched earth with his mods over the Nexus hosting changes. Hopefully someone with less of an ego can take over.

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/684492?tab=about+me

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Wait. No. Come back. What a pathetic attention whore.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
Of course he did. I'm actually slightly surprised the Nexus didn't work something out with him beforehand, given his propensity for this sort of thing and the popularity of his mods.

Here's a question: what's actually stopping any random person from reuploading Arthmoor's various mods to the Nexus now? Obviously Arthmoor would cry foul, but if the Nexus mods don't cooperate by deleting the reuploaded files (which they no longer have any incentive to do now that Arthmoor's disavowed the platform, and in fact given that reuploaded files would essentially become their assets they would have significant incentive to keep them around) I don't see how that matters. I guess it would be bad PR, but I would think the positive from having the unofficial patches for various Bethesda games available would outweigh whatever negative press they got from Arthmoor throwing yet another hissy fit.

I actually can't really fault him for wanting to retain control of his mods, and I don't consider the recent move by the Nexus to be entirely positive. On the other hand, it's loving rich for Arthmoor of all people to cry about the space needing more competition. He's not wrong, but it's very telling that it's only an issue now that the Nexus is doing things he doesn't like, instead of answering to his beck and call.

Ineffable fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 6, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ineffable posted:

Here's a question: what's actually stopping any random person from reuploading Arthmoor's various mods to the Nexus now? Obviously Arthmoor would cry foul, but if the Nexus mods don't cooperate by deleting the reuploaded files (which they no longer have any incentive to do now that Arthmoor's disavowed the platform, and in fact given that reuploaded files would essentially become their assets they would have significant incentive to keep them around) I don't see how that matters. I guess it would be bad PR, but I would think the positive from having the unofficial patches for various Bethesda games available would outweigh whatever negative press they got from Arthmoor throwing yet another hissy fit.

Knowing that it was possible and NM staff didn't do anything about It would piss off other self-important diva modders too, not just Arthmoor

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Knowing that it was possible and NM staff didn't do anything about It would piss off other self-important diva modders too, not just Arthmoor

:getin:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Ineffable posted:

and in fact given that reuploaded files would essentially become their assets they would have significant incentive to keep them around

a TOS isn't magic, you can't just upload literally anything you want and it becomes NM's, they won't suddenly just get ownership over stolen code and assets.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Noticed the Arthmoor news and his latest tantrum, decide to look at what's new in skyrim modding these days if I go for a playthrough so I check what's on the front page of the nexus.

Nothing new I guess.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Noticed the Arthmoor news and his latest tantrum, decide to look at what's new in skyrim modding these days if I go for a playthrough so I check what's on the front page of the nexus.

Nothing new I guess.

Blame Bethesda for that. When Azura appeared in Daggerfall, she was topless.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 6, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think its the same in Skyrim too. At least Dibella's statue is topless. Now for the mods that make her even more high def nude... and the mods that change all the male statues to female versions.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Leal posted:

I think its the same in Skyrim too. At least Dibella's statue is topless. Now for the mods that make her even more high def nude... and the mods that change all the male statues to female versions.
Now I'm just thinking about the technical limitations of a mod that randomly swaps statues between male and female when you are not looking at them.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nothing new I guess.
reminded me of this classic video on topic of modded statues
Sort of :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blvVfEwFpqA

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 6, 2021

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But is that going to matter if they've either hosed off entirely a la Arthmoor, or they haven't and the Nexus can keep hold of their existing mods in perpetuity anyway?

I suppose you could argue that the Nexus would be stifling long-term growth in modding by putting off some of its most prolific creators, but honestly the health of the modding scene has never seemed to be its priority anyway :v:

Nalesh posted:

a TOS isn't magic, you can't just upload literally anything you want and it becomes NM's, they won't suddenly just get ownership over stolen code and assets.

Obviously. But Nexus has de facto control over anything uploaded to it, and in the case of something like the unofficial patches would probably want to include it in their collections (I think that's the name?) and other premium features. So if and when Arthmoor complains, why would they bother acquiescing when they're making money by not doing so? I suppose it would be legally shaky, but then as far as I can tell the entire modding scene is legally pretty shaky. Like, this isn't a matter of the new TOS, this is a matter of the Nexus always having this sort of control and choosing not to use it because they didn't want to alienate their most popular content providers (y'know, diva modders). But now they've either alienated those people anyway (Arthmoor) or have shielded themselves from the effects of doing so (because they won't let them delete their mods).

Anyway, my point was that Arthmoor was only able to wield so much power on the Nexus, and in the modding community - getting reuploads or slight modifications of his own mods deleted, for example, as in the whole oblivion gate unofficial patch thing several years ago - because the Nexus staff decided they needed to keep him happy. If they just flat out don't care about him any more, I don't see a reason for them to continue to empower him at their own expense.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Leal posted:

I propose sliders to control distribution of gender and body type. For those who are horny and got no type.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Leal posted:

So thread favorite Arthmoor decided to go scorched earth with his mods over the Nexus hosting changes. Hopefully someone with less of an ego can take over.

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/684492?tab=about+me

Ha! He barely even warmed up the earth. These are the mods that are staying on the Nexus:

He's a fuckin hypocrite who can't give up those sweet sweet donation points.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Relyssa posted:

Ha! He barely even warmed up the earth. These are the mods that are staying on the Nexus:

So every mod of his anyone cares about is still going to be available?

The unofficial patches are community mods, do you think any of the contributors got mad at him for trying to get them removed?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hel posted:

So every mod of his anyone cares about is still going to be available?

The unofficial patches are community mods, do you think any of the contributors got mad at him for trying to get them removed?

Correct! Allegedly he conferred with the team about USSEP but I have a feeling it's more they forced him to keep it up.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What about the open city mod with the canonical Oblivion gates?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Philippe posted:

What about the open city mod with the canonical Oblivion gates?

Not on the list, so I assume it'll be dead, where it belongs.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Relyssa posted:

ofc he's happy to keep getting donation points (just barely enough to live on, woe is he). But don't call him a hypocrite, he says. You just can't.

Regardless of how you feel about the changes, Nexus made their own bed coddling these big modder egos for years before pulling this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I've never actually used open cities. I never cared enough to try it and seemed like a compatability nightmare. None of the wabbajack lists I tried used it either.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
The actual effect of Open Cities was pretty cool. Making the game world more contiguous like that made everything feel a little more lively and real. But it absolutely wasn't worth the problems it caused.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Open Cities was always a compatibility nightmare and increased instability substantially for something that's basically just a minor loading screen remover. Its not a great tradeoff.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've had many Skyrim crashes in the past, and also used to use Open Cities, but I never knew it was the likely culprit. I guess Bethesda makes their cities separate cells for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Not to mention his "lore friendly" opt-out-only oblivion gates he decided to put in Open Cities for whatever reason.

Surprised no one has made an alternative to Open Cities in the past decade. Or anything else he does.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 9, 2021