Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Come And See posted:

There's a new cartoon on Netflix named Centaurworld (it's really good btw) and they remembered:

Welp, instead of going to bed in time to get enough sleep for work, I watched an entire season of a cartoon, and would have gladly started smashing through season 2 if there was more.

Thanks goon. You make good recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny 52: Maythorn Nicecastle

i've seen this episode of Doctor Who

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I hate to admit it, but I think I like HfD?

I'm a fan of the POO graffiti which someone underlined and turned into POO! and then someone else turned the ! into a second P

That looks like an interrobang.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

I hate to admit it, but I think I like HfD?

Thorsby's writing and characters are leagues ahead of his art, but his later comics especially Trixie Slaughteraxe are way better visually

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Remember the barn beast they shot in comic #1?
Nope. Was it the blobby-looking thing that died almost immediately or the thing that looked like a blob and was killed right away? Oh wait, that describes almost everything in this comic.

We're past the point where it's supposedly gotten good, right?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tiggum posted:

Nope. Was it the blobby-looking thing that died almost immediately or the thing that looked like a blob and was killed right away? Oh wait, that describes almost everything in this comic.

It's good op

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiggum posted:

What's it like to never feel joy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Yes, as evidenced by the people saying "oh this got good"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Who What Now posted:

Branson Reese DMs a d&d podcast called Rude Tales of Magic that is the funniest thing I've ever listened to.

E: I got so excited to suggest this I didn't look at the very next post :doh:

I will definitely check it out.

Also the book is a little disappointing. The print is extremely small for some reason. Still funny though.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Tiggum posted:

You really have to abandon bourgeois categories of quality like artistic skill, originality and engaging characterisation and appreciate it more on the level of reading a GameFAQs guide to a Lucasarts adventure game you've never played. I'm not doing a bit; that's the level it works at and I'm not sure if it's by sheer attrition, but I get it.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Tiberius Christ posted:

Thorsby's writing and characters are leagues ahead of his art

They're still not "good" to be clear to the detractors. They're just very different from many other things in a strangely compelling way.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Just yesterday I had a woman pass away, she was 101 years old. Didn't quite make it to her 102nd birthday. 2009 was so long ago. I wish I could return to that innocence of the early Obama era, back before I was expired

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

luchadornado posted:

They're still not "good" to be clear to the detractors. They're just very different from many other things in a strangely compelling way.

PYF Comic: They're still not "good" to be clear

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather look at Thorsby comics than like 20% of the poo poo Marvel and DC crap out.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #54: Settling in

=====================================

Hitmen for Destiny #55: Monster shop

Bodycount: 56
+Monster shop clerk

our deaths:comic ratio is still slightly over 1!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I like how the little monsters clearly enjoy what happened to the clerk.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Twitch posted:

I'd rather look at Thorsby comics than like 20% of the poo poo Marvel and DC crap out.

they're both bad for very different reasons

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

marshmallow creep posted:

I like how the little monsters clearly enjoy what happened to the clerk.
I only noticed on this readthrough and was about to comment!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I like that he's got the portal-beast-in-a-jar that Anette poked her head hrough while exploring.

I also like the little grim reapers with a hamster wheel.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hitmen for Destiny is good

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

Hitmen for Destiny is good

I agree, but the whole back-and-forth about HfD is not good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Once again, thing good but everyone else that observes the thing is awful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Barn Beast didn't think Hitmen for Destiny was good and look what happened to it!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

RareAcumen posted:

Don't describe my monitor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RareAcumen posted:

Heisenberg's other, lesser-known observer effect principle

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Reading HfD is just like being... I don't know, twelve and a half, and Thorsby is your weird proto-Goon friend who wants to show you this comic he's been working on.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm not gonna get mad about it but the 100% saturation color palette causes my eyes to immediately seek to escape. I don't have an opinion besides "this is too ugly for me to look at long enough to form a meaningful opinion", but vOv my mouse has a scroll wheel.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Hey what's the name of that series of comics with reused panels that's a vampire hunter and his two apprentices, and one of the comics is one of the teens saying like "You know who else wanted to eliminate a group of people that they didn't view as human? Hitler."

Tree Bucket posted:

Reading HfD is just like being... I don't know, twelve and a half, and Thorsby is your weird proto-Goon friend who wants to show you this comic he's been working on.

Extremely accurate description of the comic's mood, if nothing else, lmao

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Count Uvula posted:

Hey what's the name of that series of comics with reused panels that's a vampire hunter and his two apprentices, and one of the comics is one of the teens saying like "You know who else wanted to eliminate a group of people that they didn't view as human? Hitler."

Abay Khosla’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Tree Bucket posted:

Yes! There was a period in my adolescence where I was an awkward little poo poo who would have sleepovers with a bunch of friends and watch anime, eat microwave pizza and play Saturn Bomberman until like 4am, and one of our group would drawn nonsensical, convoluted but hilarious comics and this has that exact energy.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
That's honestly why it owns. It's weird, immature, definitely not quite normal, and it's a portal into our pasts.

Also the little gremlin hitman dude is a great design.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This is the first weird pictures for sad children. Expect more like this in the future

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I got bored of HfD about 2/3 of the way but it's still a goddamn masterpiece compared to Sad Dipshits That Want to Kill Themselves but Don't Have the Decency To Have a Sense of Humor About It. Anyone that enjoys that comic needs some serious medication

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I like HfD more now after people started likening it to dumb high school friend comics.

I also liked the avatar comix a few pages back. PYF Comic 4ever

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Loomer posted:

That's honestly why it owns. It's weird, immature, definitely not quite normal, and it's a portal into our pasts.

Also the little gremlin hitman dude is a great design.

It's also a nice antidote to the "they really didn't think this through" style of writing that's so pervasive.

Thorsby thought it through. He thought it all the way through.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

rain dogs posted:

I got bored of HfD about 2/3 of the way but it's still a goddamn masterpiece compared to Sad Dipshits That Want to Kill Themselves but Don't Have the Decency To Have a Sense of Humor About It. Anyone that enjoys that comic needs some serious medication

It reminds me a lot of my friend's boyfriend who takes this bizarre pride in being super nihilistic and negative about everything. It's both really irritating and sad when you're just trying to chill with a few beers and he's got to constantly turn the conversation back to his own warped view of everything as if you're too stupid to see how miserable you actually are.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pictures For Hitmen For The Destiny Of Sad Children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We must end all comics.