Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
it owns waking up every morning going to my computer to work and instead doomscrolling this thread all day while I get nothing done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Louisgod posted:

it owns waking up every morning going to my computer to work and instead doomscrolling this thread all day while I get nothing done

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Louisgod posted:

Don't worry. Delta is coming.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

osprey posted:

meant to respond to this earlier but my broke loving brain got distracted by something else

:getin:

growing stuff is good. indoor and outdoor are both cool. i do both. each have their own benefits

don't get fooled into thinking you need some fancy expensive hydro system (like an aerogarden) to grow inside. you can do it way cheap if you want to with a set of full spectrum led shop lights + kratky method hydro or just some indoor potting soil

lettuce, basil, and spring onions are absolutely easy as gently caress to grow inside. quick to harvest too. there's no reason at all you should be buying those at the store

any way you'd make like, an amazon link list of poo poo to buy to not gently caress this up? because hi, I'm a giant fuckup.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
lmao that certain moderation is like "don't talk about boosters" and then WITHIN HOURS the FDA announces approvals for boosters inside 2 weeks.

my wife's doctors were p. sure she needed one too, and ofc there's lots of non-americans that use these forums.

I wish I'd stood by my "you are killing people" rhetoric. This lib poo poo is absolutely killing people.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

Rubby posted:

I made this in honor of Sturgis 2021 (Peace and Blessings be Upon Them All)

This is extremely cool

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Weaponized Autism posted:

This is one of those quintessential quotes that explain America vs. COVID, and it really shows you the culture of America. The point of the vaccines and mask wearing isn't about YOU, it's to protect OTHERS and stopping the spread of this thing. It's supposed to be a collective response, that ends up being mutually beneficial for everyone, including yourself. It's all about the I in that quote that nails it.

It's also really dumb to make that argument since people in their prime/triathletes got crippled after contracting a COV19 case with severe symptoms.

Most viral infections from Chickepox to Rubella can also lead to development of life long medical conditions.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the funniest thing about the kirk cousins things is how hated he is by his team mates already. cousins got a contract he absolutely did not deserve and has just been an anchor around the teams neck any time they're not playing bottom feeders

so then the nfl goes and sets up a system that incentives players to get vaccinated to as not to take money from their team mates in the event an outbreak causes a forfeit and cousins just walks right up and buries his face right into it

legendary

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
WE Fest is happening in Minnesota this weekend. 20,000 people.

https://twitter.com/wefestmn/status/1423501582579163142?s=21

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
excuse me but why are people not prefacing their posts with “original thought:” “cross post via (fark, digg, etc)” or “WARNING: sarcastic statement AKA verbal irony contained herein” as dictated by the mods (also do not quote any SA users as this constitutes helldumping tia)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

Don't worry. Delta is coming.

woke up this morning, checked my phone and saw an article that said "lambda could be a threat to human society" and felt nothing because we don't do anything about it

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

FizFashizzle posted:

the funniest thing about the kirk cousins things is how hated he is by his team mates already. cousins got a contract he absolutely did not deserve and has just been an anchor around the teams neck any time they're not playing bottom feeders

so then the nfl goes and sets up a system that incentives players to get vaccinated to as not to take money from their team mates in the event an outbreak causes a forfeit and cousins just walks right up and buries his face right into it

legendary

Imagine the divisional pro-covid rivalry if Cutler had stuck around Chicago

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

Pretty excited to get to go out to my car so I can take my mask off to have water at 10, very good we’re coming into the office great job everyone!

Same. Love to sit in a closed door meeting talking about poo poo that doesn't matter while everyone pulls their masks down to sip coffee.

I am at my limit here.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

woke up this morning, checked my phone and saw an article that said "lambda could be a threat to human society" and felt nothing because we don't do anything about it

sharing is caring. post the link to the article

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Buffer posted:

lmao that certain moderation is like "don't talk about boosters" and then WITHIN HOURS the FDA announces approvals for boosters inside 2 weeks.

my wife's doctors were p. sure she needed one too, and ofc there's lots of non-americans that use these forums.

I wish I'd stood by my "you are killing people" rhetoric. This lib poo poo is absolutely killing people.

They are so dumb since if you read the cards such as pre-clinical trials you knew it would be around the corner.

Pfizer and now Moderna have pretty much stated that due to pre-clinical trials with a year of data the waning in protection point is around 6 months.

Pfizer estimates around 2 - 3 percent is lost a month which over 1 or 2 year would lead to a gradual decrease in vaccine induced protections.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Louisgod posted:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Brrrmph posted:

WE Fest is happening in Minnesota this weekend. 20,000 people.

https://twitter.com/wefestmn/status/1423501582579163142?s=21
*checks lineup*

Holy poo poo what an unvaxxed event, this plus sturgis are really bringing the hurt northward

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

neutral milf hotel posted:

sharing is caring. post the link to the article

https://www.newsweek.com/lambda-covid-variant-potential-threat-society-researchers-1616556

quote:

There is concern over the threat posed by the Lambda variant of COVID-19 which may be more resistant to vaccines than the original version of the virus.

Research by a team from the University of Tokyo, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, found that three mutations in Lambda's spike protein help it resist neutralization by vaccine-induced antibodies.

hell yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Virgin DND believe CDC vs the Chad CSPAM factual research

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/fda-covid-booster-shot/index.html

Fauci also saying don't worry about / it's not necessary is the biggest red flag of all given the CDC's recent history of withholding facts (Crooked Hillary style Public vs Private position)

quote:

Internal discussions at the US Food and Drug Administration have centered around an early September timeline for laying out a strategy on Covid-19 vaccine booster shots, a Biden administration official told CNN.

The strategy would apply for all vaccinated people. A decision for those who are immunocompromised and face greater risk from the virus is expected sooner, the official said Thursday.

The US has not yet recommended booster shots for individuals who have been vaccinated for Covid-19. But Biden administration officials have repeatedly asserted that if a booster shot is recommended, the US will have the supply, personnel and capacity to roll it out efficiently.

An FDA spokewoman told CNN in a statement that the FDA, along with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health, are evaluating potential solutions to questions on the use of booster doses of Covid-19 vaccines.

"The agencies are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary," FDA spokesperson Abby Capobianco said in a statement
Capobianco said "in the near future" the FDA will share information on potential options for immunocompromised people, who face a greater risk from the virus than healthy people.

The decision to move forward on a plan for boosters comes as the country continues to deal with the contagious Delta variant of Covid-19, which has sent cases and hospitalizations surging primarily among unvaccinated individuals.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Mornin', thread. Which state is taking their turn in the fuckbarrel today?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

legendary

I'm glad he left DC especially given how he's been really pitching Chud style talking points like "natural immunity" and just the flu.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Zeroisanumber posted:

Mornin', thread. Which state is taking their turn in the fuckbarrel today?

Georgia isn't more than a few days behind Florida. poo poo is real bad here, especially in the south and rural west.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1423656033847844864?s=19

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

etalian posted:

They are so dumb since if you read the cards such as pre-clinical trials you knew it would be around the corner.

Pfizer and now Moderna have pretty much stated that due to pre-clinical trials with a year of data the waning in protection point is around 6 months.

Pfizer estimates around 2 - 3 percent is lost a month which over 1 or 2 year would lead to a gradual decrease in vaccine induced protections.

oh yea, we've known all this for forever it feels like.

I guess I'm just wondering at what point the realization that your information moderation techniques are *failing* you sets in - that your whole rubric / culture is broken and rotten and getting people dead. I'm thinking never at this point.

There's a lesson there. Damned if I know what.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Buffer posted:

oh yea, we've known all this for forever it feels like.

I guess I'm just wondering at what point the realization that your information moderation techniques are *failing* you sets in - that your whole rubric / culture is broken and rotten and getting people dead. I'm thinking never at this point.

There's a lesson there. Damned if I know what.

The lesson is don't do it again

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

But that was true for Beta and Gamma and those nerds lost out to brute force Delta.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Georgia isn't more than a few days behind Florida. poo poo is real bad here, especially in the south and rural west.

Yeah, Augusta isn't popping yet but I'm positive we're about to be. I bought 50? (somewhere around in there) n95s a month and a half ago or so, just in case, and I'm so glad I did.

why do they loving care so much about the origin? like, do they just want a reason to go to loving war with china or something?

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Oh boy this sure looks like a reliable news source!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Louisgod posted:

Doomscrolling & wearing my respirator as I walk to the hospital for my 2nd dose of Pfizer

It's a glorious day folks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

why do they loving care so much about the origin? like, do they just want a reason to go to loving war with china or something?

They're looking for a scapegoat so they can absolve themselves of any fault for failing to deal with it

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I know it's always so annoying to go through the list of pre-eminent awards and papers in the fields of public health, virology and epidemiology and see them utterly dominated by intel types.

Just oh so qualified to make statements, that community is.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PostWorld/status/1423656600779333636?s=20

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

etalian posted:

6 months: the interval between when most people here got the vaccine and when we're being forced to return to the office. nice.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

kalensc posted:

Doomscrolling & wearing my respirator as I walk to the hospital for my 2nd dose of Pfizer

It's a glorious day folks
don't you mean your 2nd 2nd dose, Monsieur Pseudonym (tugs on plastic moustache)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i regret to inform the thread that based on the deviation from the USC model, I do not believe that it is now possible to reach infinite COVID by August 15th.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Since I only had the J&J vaxx I'm gonna get myself a shot of one of the mRNA flavors. Which fake name do you like better: Peter Wenus or Max Tits?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

i regret to inform the thread that based on the deviation from the USC model, I do not believe that it is now possible to reach infinite COVID by August 15th.

I'd settle for a smaller infinity, provided it's an infinity

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Zeroisanumber posted:

Since I only had the J&J vaxx I'm gonna get myself a shot of one of the mRNA flavors. Which fake name do you like better: Peter Wenus or Max Tits?

Jeb Myarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

we gotta freak out now because everyone else is going to do it next week

i thought you guys 'crack pinged' in order to deal with new realities? loving hurry up because this is sad.