Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Even if he stepped down, there's nothing indicating that you wouldn't immediately get a replacement who was complicit in the whole affair.

Yeah, it really sounds like a lot of this was damningly normalized, and there's no way that happened without it being intertwined with the NY gubernatorial office's culture from top-to-bottom. The fish rots from the head down, poo poo rolls downhill, however you wanna put it, there's a massive picture of a morally bankrupt culture that the report exposes, intentionally or not.

It's straight-up cover-up levels of normalization of sexual assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

Are we going to get pressure campaigns of "if you think Cuomo should step down/be impeached then you want a current democrat position filled by a republican, do you?!"
I think the New York City mayoral race is indicative of a shifting away from viability for Republicans in New York honestly. Even at the state level, Cuomo is the result of Eliot Spitzer's prostitute addiction followed by David Peterson's barely functioning administration. You could have imagined after three years of a total disaster of Democratic Control on the heels of the generally well-liked Pataki administration, Republicans would be able to win, but nope. Cuomo trounced his competition. So, I dunno if the Republican boogeyman is effective in this case.

As far as who would take over, it's the Lt. Governor Hochul who is not great in terms of her political beliefs, but there is legitimately some separation from the Lt. Governor and the Governor in New York, so it's hard to judge her complicity. You can see her response here that similar to Speaker ties in sitting on the fence while seeming like she is giving a sharp rebuke.

quote:

Sexual harassment is unacceptable in any workplace, and certainly not in public service. The Attorney General’s investigation has documented repulsive and unlawful behavior by the Governor towards multiple women. I believe these brave women and admire their courage coming forward. No one is above the law. Under the New York Constitution, the Assembly will now determine the next step

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 3, 2021

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Ytlaya posted:

Hasn't Cosby always been popular among conservatives due to the "telling other black people to stop being lazy" stuff?

100%

I can't even put a number on how many Cosby memes I've seen chastising black people.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like everyone is lining up to tee one off on Cuomo. Now that's he's been thrown overboard officially I'm assuming everyone with an interest in polishing their women-believing credentials will be along shortly to denounce him. I mean check this guy out:

quote:

Joe Biden has led calls from both parties for New York governor Andrew Cuomo to resign after an investigation found he had sexually harassed 11 women.

New York’s attorney general Letitia James unveiled the results of an investigation on Tuesday that showed Cuomo engaged in unwanted groping, kissing and hugging and made inappropriate comments to multiple women.

“I think he should resign,” the president told reporters at the White House hours after the results of the investigation were published.

“I understand that the state legislature may decide to impeach. I don’t know that for a fact. I’ve not read all that data.”

Asked about Cuomo’s attempt to defend himself by using an image in which he is making physical contact with Biden himself, the president said: “Look, I’m not going to flyspeck this. I am sure there were some embraces that were totally innocent, but apparently the attorney general decided there were things that weren’t.”

He acknowledged: “I’ve not read the report. I don’t know the detail of it. All I know is the end result.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the White House said the findings were “abhorrent” .

“I don’t know that anyone could have watched this morning and not found the allegations to be abhorrent. I know I certainly did,” White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters later on Tuesday.

we reached out to the owner of a nearby glass house, who paused to comment before he continued gathering rocks,

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

some plague rats posted:

Looks like everyone is lining up to tee one off on Cuomo. Now that's he's been thrown overboard officially I'm assuming everyone with an interest in polishing their women-believing credentials will be along shortly to denounce him. I mean check this guy out:

we reached out to the owner of a nearby glass house, who paused to comment before he continued gathering rocks,

He believe women he didn’t personally assault.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Comedy option is that Cuomo has the party turn on him because he implicitly took aim at Obama.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Comedy option is that Cuomo has the party turn on him because he implicitly took aim at Obama.
While probably not, it is almost funny how broken Cuomo's worldview is. The photos of Bush and Obama hugging people are ya know, consensual. It's sad and upset people looking for a hug and getting a hug. I don't think he's even using the photos in bad faith because if you knew you were you would also know how ridiculous a point it is. He just doesn't understand the difference between giving a consensual hug and touching someone inappropriately without care for their comfort.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

He comes off as one of those guys with a huge enough ego that he thinks it's always consensual when he does it.

Who wouldn't want a friendly and complimentary rear end slap from a guy like me. You just got the governor's attention baby.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I've said this before in political threads, but these guys' undoings are their hubris. Hubris is also why Golden Boy Andy hasn't yet resigned.

How else do you account for Anthony Weiner--having lost his job due to texting dick pics--doing it again while running for mayor years later, when I'm pretty sure that at the time he was a frontrunner, bc people thought he'd been "hounded from Congress."

I mean, yeah: they'll use the addiction excuse (and go to "rehab" for it, as Weiner did), but it comes down to thinking that you are so important that you can get away with anything. Every utterance out of Cuomo's mouth since the story broke last December has been a pompous, self-serving, arrogant rationalization.

And this goes for the Matt Lauers, Harvey Weinsteins & Woody Allens in the media and the arts; it's larger than just politics. It's inflated self-importance, bc they're surrounded by people and a public who tell them how wonderful they are, even when they're wielding their power to hurt others.

They think they can get away with anything because most of the time they do! (See, eg, our current president & many former ones.)

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 5, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Since the sexting was consensual (and the post that kicked it off seemed be genuinely accidental) Weiner could probably have brazened that out if he'd just admitted he's a horndog and said it was nobody else's business instead of trying to tell that weird lie that someone hacked his twitter account to make it look like he was sexting women, but then also didn't deny that was him in the photo :psyduck: (so then you are sexting, why else would you have a poorly lighted photo of you at half mast in your briefs, even if you were hacked that one time, the only reason that photo exists is if you're sexting someone), and then when the response was "oh poo poo we need to investigate this serious crime" he was like "no no that's okay I'm good no thanks, uhh I'm already on it yeah that's it, no cops please"

I mean I guess his downfall would have come eventually since he couldn't limit himself to sexting women of legal age, but you know the initial scandal could have blown over if he hadn't made himself look clownish and unhinged.

Kinda like Cuomo being all "what WHAT, other presidents don't hug people? You don't hug your kids? You don't kiss your wife? Yeah maybe I kissed someone, I kiss everybody, see I'll kiss you right now c'mere see see?"

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
It's probably been said before but Trump's recorded "locker room talk" seems to be the lens or concept by which a lot of these guys view their actions.

Maybe not exactly how he said it or even the same justification, but analogous.

For Weinstein and Cosby, lack of consent was a fetish. They just liked different methods. Ugh.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

And this goes for the Matt Lauers, Harvey Weinsteins & Woody Allens in the media and the arts; it's larger than just politics. It's inflated self-importance, bc they're surrounded by people and a public who tell them how wonderful they are, even when they're wielding their power to hurt others.

They think they can get away with anything because most of the time they do! (See, eg, our current president & many former ones.)

I always end up pondering a chicken-or-egg scenario with powerful people like Cuomo.

Were they craven, morally vacant, abusive pieces of poo poo who, absent power and influence, would wind up in the hands of the US carceral system, or did it start with an aide casually leaning over and mentioning they could help Cuomo "reinvest" some state resources into a pet project, and it's a straight shot downhill into "what, exactly, can i get away with now?"

Did they always feel this entitled to step on people, or did the legions of sycophants that attached themselves to them in parasocial, celebrity politician relationships end up creating the monster?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

I always end up pondering a chicken-or-egg scenario with powerful people like Cuomo.
Well I think there are two things at play here. One, power in the way that we mean with Cuomo is not something that he ever didn't have. Cuomo is much like Trump in that he was born into his power.

But I think it's also worth broadening your definition of power because abuse doesn't tend to happen without some power dynamic. Cuomo has very obvious power because he was governor of the 10th richest economy in the world. But being a CIS man is in itself power. Being straight is power. Being white is power. Being older is power. Having more money than someone is power. Being traditionally able is power. Being older is power. Being in charge of someone, not just in work, but as a parent or educator or religious leader is power. And so on and so forth.

The Cuomos of the world are so grotesque because of their level of power and how they often wield it to such a broader scope. That's all to say that their wealth and status aren't non-factors, but it's always about power. And we need to remember that the vast majority of people who are being sexually harassed and abused are being victimized by people with much, much less power than Cuomo. It doesn't take much for people who are inclined to think they can abuse someone.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 6, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Well I think there are two things at play here. One, power in the way that Cuomo is discussing is not something that he ever didn't have. Cuomo is much like Trump in that he was born into his power.

But I think it's also worth broadening your definition of power because abuse doesn't tend to happen without some power dynamic. Cuomo has very obvious power because he was governor of the 10th richest economy in the world. But being a CIS man is in itself power. Being straight is power. Being white is power. Being older is power. Having more money than someone is power. Being traditionally able is power. Being older is power. Being in charge of someone, not just in work, but as a parent or educator or religious leader is power. And so on and so forth.

The Cuomos of the world are so grotesque because of their level of power and how they often wield it to such a broader scope. That's all to say that their wealth and status aren't non-factors, but it's always about power. And we need to remember that the vast majority of people who are being sexually harassed and abused are being victimized by people with much, much less power than Cuomo. It doesn't take much for people who are inclined to think they can abuse someone.

Yeah, I think we largely agree on that, and I surely was using a very limited scope of the term 'power' - though my interaction with power has generally been in relation to a politician having power (you may have read my awful story about a state-level democrat that I have an unfortunate blood relation to aiding and advancing the career of a pedophile rapist because that pedophile rapist was her son!) so that's kind of where I'm coming from - but yeah, definitely would say that it's hard to use Cuomo as an example on further reflection because in order to wonder "what if...?" you'd have to unravel more than just the electoral system of power.

I like to hope that if Patricia Serpa, of Rhode Island's 27th District wasn't a sitting member of the RI House of Representatives, her pedophile rapist kid would be in prison rather than painting fire hydrants and getting a cushy state pension but...theoreticals gonna theoretical.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Sorry I did and thank you for sharing it, but didn't connect it with your username. Sorry if anything in my post was insensitive on that front.

V I’m glad! :) V

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 5, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Sorry I did and thank you for sharing it, but didn't connect it with your username. Sorry if anything in my post was insensitive on that front.

Not at all! I actually found your response helpful in broadening my spectrum!

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
E: ah you know what, forget it. Wrong tone for the thread. Carry on.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 6, 2021

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

If Biden is gonna call on Cuomo to resign he should probably also stop huffing kids

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/status/1423426782250868737

Really disgusting!! That is not the body language of a child who’s ok with grandpa doing that

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

misadventurous posted:

If Biden is gonna call on Cuomo to resign he should probably also stop huffing kids

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/status/1423426782250868737

Really disgusting!! That is not the body language of a child who’s ok with grandpa doing that
Biden has touched people inappropriately and is obviously a hypocrite EVEN if you don't believe Tara Reade.

But also maybe not post an image that can easily be out of context posted by a guy who seems to be a fascist prick based on everything else on his twitter.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Biden has touched people inappropriately and is obviously a hypocrite EVEN if you don't believe Tara Reade.

But also maybe not post an image that can easily be out of context posted by a guy who seems to be a fascist prick based on everything else on his twitter.

Here's the full video clip, for additional context. Still not any better. Why can't old men just loving keep their hands off of people?
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1423397114047082497
But yea, posting a still from a random twitter account doesn't seem like a great thing overall. Especially from a self-described reactionary.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 6, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

That's an easy fix.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1423453584155451393

Seems like a dumb thing to quibble about, but if it helps then whatever.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I have no idea who the hell that guy is or why it matters even slightly, it’s just the tweet that was circulating. Here’s Eoin Higgins posting basically the same thing, hopefully that divests anyone else of the need to say “uhh of course this is disgusting but idk about this context fam”

e:f;b

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1423453584155451393

I also don’t really know what to say about it other than “euugghhh!!” and “what the gently caress” and “why does he not have handlers to keep him from doing literally this”

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah I wasn't gonna really say it but it's kind of weird that you would bring up Tara Reade in what appears to be the context of "she shouldn't have been doubted" (correct me if i'm wrong, though!), who only ever got much mainstream coverage on FOX news and independent media channels (that were immediately branded part of a Red-Brown alliance, haha consent printer go brrrt), and then turn around and go "surely you have some better context for this than some right wing rag/nutjob yes?"

It's just re-packaging the same flak that the democrats use to protect their powerful.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Ngl it genuinely kinda pisses me off that the first response I get here is to deflect by saying “well if you trust this guy….” as if the person sharing the image of joe biden invading a little girl’s personal space YET AGAIN bears any relevance to the image itself

Lib and let die posted:

Yeah I wasn't gonna really say it but it's kind of weird that you would bring up Tara Reade in what appears to be the context of "she shouldn't have been doubted" (correct me if i'm wrong, though!), who only ever got much mainstream coverage on FOX news and independent media channels (that were immediately branded part of a Red-Brown alliance, haha consent printer go brrrt), and then turn around and go "surely you have some better context for this than some right wing rag/nutjob yes?"

It's just re-packaging the same flak that the democrats use to protect their powerful.

She didn’t even want to go on FOX, exactly to avoid this kind of dubious reaction

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ah the Al Franken defense

The first person to complain about it was a Republican, so it's fine

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I get so frustrated at people who dismiss victims who didn't go on the party lines favorite news channels. Especially when you dig into it and find out - the victim tried and since those outlets hold the party line they wouldn't do it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

According to Letitia James' report cofounders of Time's Up, one of the first organizations Reade went to, helped draft a letter discrediting one of Cuomo's accusers too.

It seems pretty apparent that there's a pattern of politically-motivated wagon circling there.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CYBEReris posted:

According to Letitia James' report cofounders of Time's Up, one of the first organizations Reade went to, helped draft a letter discrediting one of Cuomo's accusers too.

It seems pretty apparent that there's a pattern of politically-motivated wagon circling there.

Yeah, I mean, I don't think it's very conspiratorial, but is rather just a reflection of (deeply hosed up) group dynamics, power relations and rape culture in general.

Like, Cuomo seems to be having the hammer brought down on him, but how much of that is because he'd be going down for his handling of COVID anyway, and maybe a lot of Democrats consider tossing him out over his personal sexual harassment to be preferable to tossing him over the nursing home scandal, which serves as a more general indictment of neoliberal policy.

I mean it's good that his career is over, it's just very easy to imagine that if he wasn't already on a downward trajectory that more people would've been willing to defend him.

Like, Bill Clinton has way more detractors in the party than he did 20 years ago, but the half of the party who still think he was a good president with good policy are much more likely to still defend him. The treatment of women always comes second, if at all.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I don't think I'm being partisan. This isn't a Fox News Article or one of Clinton's rape victims who became a conservative. It's some transphobic fascist sympathizer nobody on twitter posting a photo with no context that could easily be Biden in mid-motion and applying a flippant take on it. Biden has been inappropriate at the very minimum with people and I believe he sexually assaulted at least one person, but just some random photo posted from some fascist nobody I think belittles the actual discourse and experience of those victims.

Lib and let die posted:

Yeah I wasn't gonna really say it but it's kind of weird that you would bring up Tara Reade in what appears to be the context of "she shouldn't have been doubted" (correct me if i'm wrong, though!)
I think I was speaking more from a personal frustration the question of if Biden is a creep has been a binary of if Reade was right or not. I personally was frustrated the DNC didn't go after him early on when the accusations of inappropriate touching and gendered micro-aggressions came up. The whole "Well, he's the likely nominee and Trump is worse" rational bothered me because he should have been gone after earlier. And I feel like with even with the Reade stuff, if you actually follow her narrative, even if she did change her story she had very solid collaboration before that which explained Biden's office was a lovely place to work. And I feel like people who have not believed Reade have used that non-belief to eradicate everything else. But I am sorry that it came off as a non-sequitur.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't think I'm being partisan. This isn't a Fox News Article or one of Clinton's rape victims who became a conservative. It's some transphobic fascist sympathizer nobody on twitter posting a photo with no context that could easily be Biden in mid-motion and applying a flippant take on it. Biden has been inappropriate at the very minimum with people and I believe he sexually assaulted at least one person, but just some random photo posted from some fascist nobody I think belittles the actual discourse and experience of those victims.

I think I was speaking more from a personal frustration the question of if Biden is a creep has been a binary of if Reade was right or not. I personally was frustrated the DNC didn't go after him early on when the accusations of inappropriate touching and gendered micro-aggressions came up. The whole "Well, he's the likely nominee and Trump is worse" rational bothered me because he should have been gone after earlier. And I feel like with even with the Reade stuff, if you actually follow her narrative, even if she did change her story she had very solid collaboration before that which explained Biden's office was a lovely place to work. And I feel like people who have not believed Reade have used that non-belief to eradicate everything else. But I am sorry that it came off as a non-sequitur.

The whole video is posted just below the clip on Twitter and its worse. Just an fyi

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

And now we're arguing over sources, when it's abundantly clear that this is a pattern of behavior Biden has displayed for years and is easily verifiable by anyone with an internet connection and a basic understanding of how to use a search engine. This is exactly how the flak machine protects the powerful - instead of talking about their behavior, we end up talking about the behavior of the source. It's the same for any issue that the powerful don't want to deal with - be it "if you don't like the US military operating in Syria, you must be a Tucker watching Assad lover" while ignoring things like the factual OPCW report and make the story instead about who broke the story.

Since we seem to largely agree that the picture, while it "could" be taken out of context, isn't actually that, this flak-providing derail doesn't need to live any more, unless we want to further distract from the issue that joe biden is a creepy touchy man?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Watched the video, I think I agree with my overall point, but yea I can gently caress off about the actual event being discussed. I missed Kalit's post after my initial response.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

There can only be so many "out of context" clips of of someone sniffing and nuzzling on little girls before it's like come on dude there's a reason this keeps happening.

If journalists followed most people around snapping photos every second of their lives, how many shots would they get of someone looking like they were creeping on a little kid they don't even know. How many photos of Obama nuzzling random little girls at official events exist, or of Bush, or of even loving Bill Clinton.

These denials are hitting "why do so many homosexuals keep sucking my cock" levels

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

This was what I was getting at in my post several months ago about the consequences of deplatforming & delegitimizing right-wing media sources for news that other media are ignoring and/or censoring.

And, in addition, you have what were once considered trusted media sources also either being outed as sex pests themselves, or who aid & abet sex pests, as Chris Cuomo has done.

Even if it had been a Newsmax camera at the WH who captured Biden's 500th time assaulting a young girl, and Donald Trump had tweeted it, unless one maintains that the audio/video was somehow doctored, then the burden should be on proving that.

Because Biden's proclivities for invading girls' and women's spaces and boundaries have been on compiled & archived on camera for decades, but that was never even acknowledged by the non-right as happening till Tara Reade came forth & Biden's behavior was scrutinized for about five minutes, then went back to being ignored.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's not true that only the right commented on it. The Daily Show had an extended montage of Biden creeping on little girls that ended with John Stewart doing a bit pretending to power wash his eyeballs. Several Democratic women complained about him grabbing their shoulders and sniffing their hair, and he did a kinda mealy-mouthed reformed good old boy "oh gee I'm sorry that made you uncomfortable please continue to call me out" apology. SNL made jokes about it just before the primary.

It was only when he announced his candidacy that the liberal media started blacking it out and self-censoring on it, and the denials and attacks on women went into overdrive after all the other centrist hopes like Harris and Klob started flaming out and everyone started talking themselves into uniting behind Biden to defeat the Bolshevik threat

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's pretty weird that this is your response. It smacks of the classic mass shooting response "gently caress this guy, not because of what he did, but the inevitable legislative response". It does not belittle the actual discourse and experience of victims to point out that he is continuing to do insanely creepy poo poo. Here's another question, why isn't he wearing a mask? There have been exposures in the WH in the past couple weeks, it's been reported on, and that's a child who can't possibly have been vaccinated. Why on earth are you more concerned about the "discourse" becoming "belittled" than the president of the united states infecting unvaccinated children he's groping without a mask?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

It's not true that only the right commented on it. The Daily Show had an extended montage of Biden creeping on little girls that ended with John Stewart doing a bit pretending to power wash his eyeballs. Several Democratic women complained about him grabbing their shoulders and sniffing their hair, and he did a kinda mealy-mouthed reformed good old boy "oh gee I'm sorry that made you uncomfortable please continue to call me out" apology. SNL made jokes about it just before the primary.

It was only when he announced his candidacy that the liberal media started blacking it out and self-censoring on it, and the denials and attacks on women went into overdrive after all the other centrist hopes like Harris and Klob started flaming out and everyone started talking themselves into uniting behind Biden to defeat the Bolshevik threat

Yeah, I didn't think of the comedy shows.

Yet the other major liberal voices & outlets weren't talking about it, and it was pretty much censored by major media during 2020. I remember trying to find youtube videos of Biden's skeeve back in 2015 when he was maybe gonna run and the only ones were from right-wing outlets, unsurprisingly.

And even last year if you mentioned the young-girls stuff in the same breath as Biden, liberals became extraordinarily upset and accused you of nazism. (Pretty sure that happened here in dnd, too.)

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Misadventurous clearly posted that in good faith. It's easily confirmed and there is plenty of evidence of Biden doing the same thing to other girls. Come on.

Joe Biden is personally powerful and well-liked by many people by default. He is even seen as a political savior/return to normality (whatever horror that means). There are also powerful institutions protecting and enabling him for their own benefit. Some of his protection and enabling definitely comes from him being a Missing Stair.

What if mainstream news organizations never show the clip or full video? Never report on it? Democrats already seem determined to not acknowledge the problem.

False evidence can muddy the waters, which allows Biden defenders to point to something and say that the attacks on him are all bad faith actors with edited clips. It allows them to disregard the tons of evidence of him being a creep. However, in this context, saying a particular source is a bad faith actor (which they very well might be) contributes to that defense. It further ignores that Biden defenders are also acting in bad faith here.

Cranappleberry fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 6, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
E: Ignore this post, I was being a petty rear end in a top hat. Sorry, lib and let die.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kalit posted:

Bringing this derail in from the USnews thread for relevance. Lib and let die, since you had stated that you love Dore, what do you think about Jimmy Dore's misogynism and sexual harassing other(s)?

Let's not, please.

Though it is a bit ironic that the article you shared is using the exact same framing you objected to LLD using.