Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bad news :-/

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423659494509318145?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it would be strange if he DIDN'T have an injury

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
His career winding down exactly like it started

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

sean10mm posted:

What coaches have a detectable personality and are any good nowadays, anyway?

Tomlin is both of these

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pete Carroll maybe

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Tom Brady... good? Eugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

Pete Carroll maybe

Pete Carroll is weird in that you'll hear a bunch of great stories about him how he let's players be themselves, isn't a dictator, marches for black lives matter, prevented anyone on the team last year from getting COVID, has pushed his team to the top of the vaccination rate, etc.

Then you'll get blindsided but really dumb poo poo like him being a 9/11 truther or him inviting Jordan Peterson to camp.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey man he's just asking questions

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
it really grinds my gears when players or coaches do good at football but then do bad at other stuff. ticks me off.

thank god we got tom brady to set everyone straight

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean on one hand they will almost certainly be truly godawful.

On the other hand, 4 games against a Colts team that probably doesn't have a QB and the Jaguars

Excuse me sir, we have both Jacob Eason AND Sam Ehlinger. So...I mean...technically we do have QBs I guess...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423689649625739264?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jivesauce posted:

Excuse me sir, we have both Jacob Eason AND Sam Ehlinger. So...I mean...technically we do have QBs I guess...

I'm not saying the Texans are gonna be favored, I'm just saying it's real hard to go 0 for a season.

The Jets tried real hard to do it last year and won 2 games, it's tough to do! They beat a 10 win Rams team!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423690953529958401

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

good lord

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And to think he'll only have good lungs for one year

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey he took less money than Mahomes!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Number of twitter people going "Baker up next!" have me laughing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bills should prob wait and see if Allen has more than 1 good year but you know

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Him and Lamar. Bakers is going to drag into the season or off season if they're smart. It's prove it year for him.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man at least get an n95 or something ya rear end. You've got the drat money.

I’m sure his iPhone is more expensive.

Also

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

Hey he took less money than Mahomes!

Yeah I didn't really think Mahomes was gonna set the market.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
That's, uh, a lot of money for a guy who had one bad year, one mediocre year, and one fantastic year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That's just Friday for Jimmy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

That's, uh, a lot of money for a guy who had one bad year, one mediocre year, and one fantastic year.

I mean the trend is mostly amazing going back to like high school for getting better for what it's worth. He has gotten better consistently.

No I don't trust it any more than you do.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Woozie66 posted:

Pay QBs because your other options end up being Brett Hundley or Kevin Hogan or something.

He's improved every year, and was really good. Lock him in.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There it is. Lamar is back.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423696164461989891?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't see Josh Allen regressing unless he gets the yips from a major injury down the line. See: Carson Wentz and possibly Joe Burrow

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

Good, good. Stir the pot and get the union to be an actual union

I think I've said this like a zillion times but the NFLPA isn't weak because of its leadership it's because the structure of the NFL lends itself to a weak union.

For instance the NBA's NBPA only has 450 members, the average basketball career last five years and average salary is over $8 million. In contrast the NFLPA has nearly 2500 members averaging $860,000 in earnings! And the typical NFL career is barely three years. It is difficult to organize that many people into striking or taking drastic action that could cut into potentially a third or more of their career, especially when many of those players are collecting league minimum salaries. It's also nearly impossible to have on hand enough funds to keep providing paychecks to that many players even if they wanted to enact a major work stoppage.

Really the only leverage the NFLPA has is the courts - where they've fared very poorly lately thanks to some ridiculous rulings - and public opinion. And we know how much the public loves unions for professional athletes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 6, 2021

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

Sir this a Mighty Taco drive thru ....

BILLS BITCH !!!!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Athanatos posted:

Pay QBs because your other options end up being Brett Hundley or Kevin Hogan or something.

True.

WalletBeef posted:

Sir this a Mighty Taco drive thru ....

BILLS BITCH !!!!

Also true.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

That probably adds a few million extra from where Lamar's contract was projected. He might hit $45m now. Though he doesn't have an agent so who the gently caress knows what's going to happen.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Athanatos posted:

He wasn't due to be a free agent until 2023, they probably should have at least let him play out at least part of 2021.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Though he doesn't have an agent

Lamar is allergic to good decisions.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It's a weird situation because from a PR and relationship perspective it's not really in the front office's best interest to gently caress him over. I was thinking that if he was going to do it without an agent, he should just wait until Allen did his and demand that, but a little bit higher. So maybe that's what he'll do.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/1423695211428040704?s=20

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I'm not saying the Texans are gonna be favored, I'm just saying it's real hard to go 0 for a season.

The Jets tried real hard to do it last year and won 2 games, it's tough to do! They beat a 10 win Rams team!

I know, I was just joking. Our QB situation is real bad.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

You just LOVE to see it ....

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
if you think you found your franchise qb you gotta pay em the big bucks. well unless theyre carson wentz or jared goff of course. but that's easy to spot, those clowns got massive deals after only being really good for one year. but josh allen was really good for one year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Personally I'm wondering when Drew will be locked down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah christ it's the Bills if they think they have their guy they needs to lock him forever