Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kinda arguing against yourself by saying that he's not underrated because of one match from two years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Nobody saw either of those things. "Takeover Cardiff" is faker than AEW Dark.

Wow, WWE really insults the intelligence of its fans with their conspiracy theories. "Hmm, what will we call our fake event. Let's name it after the town with that fake giant."

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Dude has had plenty of bangers before and since, and missed a whole bunch of ring time due to NXT UK shutting down. Not entirely sure what you're arguing here?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I had to look it up Takeover Cardiff was a real show that aired in 2019 the same day as the first All Out ppv

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ibexaz posted:

I forgot Tyler Bate existed until this conversation

:same:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ibexaz posted:

I had to look it up Takeover Cardiff was a real show that aired in 2019 the same day as the first All Out ppv

And the same day as New Japan Royal Quest in London.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ibexaz posted:

It was the show WWE did to try and gently caress New Japan's London show

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ibexaz posted:

It's even better than that, they ran it the same day that New Japan did over 6,000 at the Copper Box in London

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

but NJPW and AEW aren't threats to WWE, of course

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Dude has had plenty of bangers before and since, and missed a whole bunch of ring time due to NXT UK shutting down. Not entirely sure what you're arguing here?

That calling a guy who has plenty of bangers and people are only aware of a couple of them is underrated and calling them underrated isnt a stupid opinion. I cannot stress this enough, you are literally arguing against yourself.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's even better than that, they ran it the same day that New Japan did over 6,000 at the Copper Box in London

The hilarious part being that they based it on inside info that less than half the NJPW tickets were sold... but didn't realise there were multiple ticket sellers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tyler Great

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I don't understand what you mean by, arguing against myself?

Bate has plenty of great matches which are mostly rated 4 stars and above. He's mega over with crowds and is consistently the most popular and best performer on the show and is recognised as such. Calling him underrated is just wrong.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's underutilised, and not enough people know about him, but the people who know about him him rate him really highly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please figure out if you two mean underrated or under used

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave meltzer doesn't decide who's underrated. no one does. it's a lovely thing to ever argue about in the first place. you're all mega owned

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

mods cavauro owned me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please figure out if you two mean underrated or under used

He's both. Obviously the latter far more than the former but he is also the former.

I cant figure out how to report on mobile, cavauro will go unpunished for mega owning me. :(

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What's the over/under on Tyler Bate being underrated?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sort out which wrestlers are underappreciated, which are underutilized, and which are underdeez

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When has Bate last wrestled?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i like tyler bate :colbert:

hope he decides to get into the wrestling business

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If a 5* match happens in NXT UK and nobody's around to see it did it really happen???

Really though, it's easy to call Tyler Bate under-rated, under-used, under-utilized. What percentage of the WWE viewers watch NXT? Out of those who do, what percentage of NXT watchers actually see NXT UK? It's gotta be like, 5% or less of the WWE audience, easily. He can be the best wrestler in the world and praised by journalists and critics but he's on a brand that most people don't watch, including the niche audience WWE has already got for NXT-Prime.

Takeover Cardiff didn't even sell out, idk what you're arguing for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You fools, how can Takeover Cardiff be a real event when Cardiff isn't even a real city?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

under a bridge: Jack Starz

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway Tyler Bate's an awesome wrestler but if you asked people to name the top 100 wrestlers in the world today he wouldn't even show up on people's lists cause he's so far off everyone's radar from being stuck in NXT UK. That's what we mean by him being underrated

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Yeah, Bate is one of the best wrestlers I've ever seen live and I basically forgot he existed while I'm spending every week hearing about what Eva Marie and Dominic Mysterio is up to.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bring him to Raw as a Kung Fu guy called Master Bate.

Such good poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people don't say "rated" to mean liked or well-known here where i live, while they most certainly do use it that way in other places. "i rate him," would be said elsewhere but not in my home. to people who live in my house it appears more that something 'unknown' is considered underrated. the word itself makes the opinion of the subject out to be the main issue but it's actually just what amounts to trivia; whether this person is known or not. that isn't useful for anything. the NXT UK Heritage Cup Title is "underrated." foolish. i'm just kidding. i know what everything means and how everyone feels when they say what they're saying. every single person is easily understandable and i agree with all of you. we're playing friendly games. you were never owned

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

under a bridge: Jack Starz

That's PAC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tf is a tyler bate.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just a reminder, Tyler Bate did get called out in some speaking out stuff from grooming minors to being a general horndog/sleazeball. I don't know if any of those allegations ever got shut down or not, but worth mentioning I guess.

Also, I always get Tyler Bate and Bateman mixed up in my head whenever I hear one of their names.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, I always get Tyler Bate and Bateman mixed up in my head whenever I hear one of their names.

Bateman was bitten by a radioactive Bate, so I can understand the confusion.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just a reminder, Tyler Bate did get called out in some speaking out stuff from grooming minors to being a general horndog/sleazeball. I don't know if any of those allegations ever got shut down or not, but worth mentioning I guess.

I didn't see the grooming minors accusation, do you have a link?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Iirc that was Trent Seven, not Tyler Bate. It is britwres though

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I didn't see the grooming minors accusation, do you have a link?

It's still linked in the Speaking Out thread: https://i.imgur.com/BA5FpeT.png

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Big Dave posted:

Iirc that was Trent Seven, not Tyler Bate. It is britwres though

I think a lot of people conflated the two, including the friend-of-a-friend accusers. Bate's only actual concrete thing I heard about was propositioning a girl for sex at a bar and getting turned down, which got attached to the movement because I guess it's creep-adjacent? Not that I'd be surprised if he did more though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's still linked in the Speaking Out thread: https://i.imgur.com/BA5FpeT.png

That's gross.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Kosmo Gallion posted:

That's gross.

Anonymous third hand accounts. Definitely in the same ball park as the actually hosed scumbags in British wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'm like 70% sure that Tyler Bate and Pete Dunn are the same person.