Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/nonnontv/status/1421740061150744580

when they said nonstop they meant it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tamba posted:

Bokutachi no Remake 05 made me realize that Haruhi was 15 years ago :smithicide:

Show went from watchable to good with that episode. It's managed to maintain my interest with the conceit of what the time travel means but I realised that I was actually invested in the characters after this.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fell asleep watching the most recent realist hero.

Think I’m gonna drop this one.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The manga is okay, but the show has absolutely awful pacing. Its attempts to do fancy poo poo with 3D backgrounds and camera movements just make its poor quality stand out more.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they also announced a voice drama where you take a walk around the village with renge

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I can't bring myself to watch the last two episodes of Nonstop because I don't want it to end. Fortunately it's the kind of show where I can just pick episodes and bits at random whenever I need a pick me up.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

Natural 20 posted:

Show went from watchable to good with that episode. It's managed to maintain my interest with the conceit of what the time travel means but I realised that I was actually invested in the characters after this.

I’ve been enjoying it all season but I also felt super invested with everything that happened the whole back half of the episode.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jahy's pretty fun, just wish her Demon Lord form was less Vampirella.

Kind of the nice dumb fun this season was missing, for me.

Art school relife has really been about the characters and the lingering question of if his presence is changing anything seems to be a non-issue. Not looking forward to Harem Love Triantics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Not looking forward to Harem Love Triantics.

Speak for yourself.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

The manga is okay, but the show has absolutely awful pacing. Its attempts to do fancy poo poo with 3D backgrounds and camera movements just make its poor quality stand out more.

Agreed. The manga's pacing is perfect and I don't know why the show didn't just follow that.

Also they really messed up writing Liscia which turned her from a cool princess to a buzzkill tsundere.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

chumbler posted:

Speak for yourself.

If he doesn't end up with Kawasegawa I riot.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Aquarium show is a treasure should have waited for it to be done to watch waiting for ep is unbearable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

If he doesn't end up with Kawasegawa I riot.

I agree but will not take such a hard line.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

chumbler posted:

I agree but will not take such a hard line.

Coward!

In all seriousness. He's gone back in time and theorises that it's to help his friends succeed, but the Platinum Generation already do that in the original timeline, I suspect because Kawasegawa ended up in the house instead.

The only person who doesn't succeed in the original timeline is her. She does fine but it ultimately ends up in a failure. The show seems to imply that she has the same level of talent as the others but never saw it realised in the same way. So it feels like her success is where the narrative should end up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm guessing we either get a swerve and she was super successful but buckled for some reason. Or the chill Chief we meet later was a result of being so single-mindedly devoted to excellence that she burned a bunch of bridges and ruffled too many feathers.

I guess I'm also wondering if the PlatGen Romero'd themselves out if the industry somehow...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I gave The Defective a shot. The show introduces itself as Chinese CGI LoGH, with a strong space opera vibe. Right after that we go to a futuristic city where leather Barbie is fighting a cyborg biker. The space opera stuff is happening around Eden, where humanity has made a space utopia for themselves. Most of the show is in Cyberpunk: Human Revolution where the main characters hang out in a bar and do bounty hunter stuff.

Production values are nuts, it's the best looking CGI show I've seen. The setting is built around a technology that allows humans to mentally interface with technology, and even reshape reality by altering the digital world that overlaps everything. An AI can have an android body, which is just a simulation, so the android can teleport around and do weird stuff, but also it can physically interact with things because quantum.

The first two episodes felt like they were mostly awkward exposition, so it's hard to really judge it so far. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Julias posted:

Summer Season 2021: It's a Cool, (Cruel) Cool Summer

Deatte 5-byou de Battle (Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting)
SynergySP ; Vega Entertainment | Noboyushi Arai ; Mea Naitou | Touko Machida | Action, Super Power, Supernatural | Web Manga | Jul 13, 2021
It was just a usual morning. Akira Shiroyanagi, a high schooler who loves games and Konpeito (Japanese sweets), has suddenly been dragged into a battlefield by a mysterious girl who calls herself Mion. The participants are told that they are "erased from the family register, involved in an experiment, and gained certain powers." Akira is determined to win the game with his newfound powers and destroy the organization. Armed with a power no one expects and his "brain" skills, the new period of intelligence battle begins!
PV

This anime is fun so far.
The main character a total sociopath, who will absolutely manipulate and stab anyone in the back if he calculates that as advantageous I sort of love that.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

The main character a total sociopath, who will absolutely manipulate and stab anyone in the back if he calculates that as advantageous I sort of love that.

The weird thing is how the other characters act.
It makes perfect sense for the MC to be that way because of his ability and because he's just that kind of person, but everyone else also seems to be in permanent mindgames mode.
Even the hotblooded sword guy hid his 'real' ability (which didn't matter at all).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tamba posted:

The weird thing is how the other characters act.
It makes perfect sense for the MC to be that way because of his ability and because he's just that kind of person, but everyone else also seems to be in permanent mindgames mode.
Even the hotblooded sword guy hid his 'real' ability (which didn't matter at all).

Yuuri seems to be freaked out a bit, and Sword guy seemed less accepting at first, but got use to it.

The MC is kind of a wierdo freak, who dreamed of this kind of situation.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I like how some characters just have complete dud abilities.
Like how on earth was “I can turn a button into a rope” guy supposed to win against someone unless they also had a useless ability.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Maxwell Adams posted:

I gave The Defective a shot. The show introduces itself as Chinese CGI LoGH, with a strong space opera vibe. Right after that we go to a futuristic city where leather Barbie is fighting a cyborg biker. The space opera stuff is happening around Eden, where humanity has made a space utopia for themselves. Most of the show is in Cyberpunk: Human Revolution where the main characters hang out in a bar and do bounty hunter stuff.

Production values are nuts, it's the best looking CGI show I've seen. The setting is built around a technology that allows humans to mentally interface with technology, and even reshape reality by altering the digital world that overlaps everything. An AI can have an android body, which is just a simulation, so the android can teleport around and do weird stuff, but also it can physically interact with things because quantum.

The first two episodes felt like they were mostly awkward exposition, so it's hard to really judge it so far. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

sounds promising! I've been too busy with work to look for streaming/sub info on it so I'd missed that Funimation picked it up
https://www.funimation.com/shows/the-defective/

marumaru
May 20, 2013

latest To Your Eternity was actually alright! finally

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I like how some characters just have complete dud abilities.
Like how on earth was “I can turn a button into a rope” guy supposed to win against someone unless they also had a useless ability.

Depending on the limits of his ability, it might have been as powerful as he claimed it to be. Rope can be made out of a lot of different materials for example, there might be no or very high limits on the length of the rope, and the speed at which is expands might be very fast.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I can't get over the lazy pattern overlays. Don't put a complex pattern on clothing if you're not even going to try to animate it. I know other animes do this, but it's shameless here.

Also, that cat lady's voice is like nails on a chalkboard what the gently caress.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Yeah, Akira's not really a very nice person, is he? It's interesting that the same show goes out of its way to give Yuuri a sympathetic backstory and motivations that Akira lacks, to the point where she's the obvious one to root for if they ever get pitted against each other.

In general, I'm enjoying the show, even though I'm not sure I'd actually call it good. The review for the most recent episode on ANN pointed out that it's relying pretty heavily on "mystery boxes" and fake-out non-reveals, which in general is hacky writing, and is especially unnecessary in a story like this.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Cat lady's voice is by far the best part of 5 Seconds Battle. Finally someone allowed Mayumi Shintani to unleash her full power.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

They completely toned down the gay panic sexually harassing elf from Drugstore in Another World to a mild flirt.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rudoku posted:

They completely toned down the gay panic sexually harassing elf from Drugstore in Another World to a mild flirt.

Good to hear.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Rudoku posted:

So far...

Meanwhile, the flame sacs are out in force today on Maidragon, as everydragon has an epiphany of one sort or another. Really enjoying the second season so far, and looking forward to what's coming up.

Hope we get an English translation of the opening & closing soon. In the meanwhile, the VA cast did a full version of the ending song, and it's delightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_8EYrgk2Y

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I almost caught up to Peach Boy Riverside (sixth ep came out after I had watched the first five last night)

Solidly "ok" so far. I think there's some entertaining bits in it, but I'm still not sure if it's going to get to a point where I'm emotionally invested in the dilemma it's trying to set up.

I'm also not sure what to think about the non-chronological eps. It's fairly easy to tell about when things are taking place, and inside the eps themselves the timeframe isn't jumping around which I'm thankful for. I think probably its biggest gain is that it can skip some bits of exposition/relationship building and let you fill in the holes due to the framing. I'm extremely interested in seeing if they actually go back for some of the skipped eps where the party comes together and bonds or if they use this as a cheat to never show it.

Also this show really likes to have people's heads get exploded. It's distracting!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why did you betray gay* vampires for this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Gay* vampires deserves to be binged and/or not watched while I’m extremely tired due to having a beer with dinner

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

re-main continues to be the best sports and comedy show of the season

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

remains

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Re-mains

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Idaten was good. Though the new guy Prontea I can't take him seriously with his clown shoes.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Meikyuu Black Company is what Sentouin, Hakenshimasu should have been.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The sentouin gang are real wagecucked, the black company mc is a NEETchad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space Flower posted:

The sentouin gang are real wagecucked, the black company mc is a NEETchad

You've been visit 4chan too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour