Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Lol. My vaccination is going to be sorta meaningless now (still going through with it) because a so many people aren't getting vaccinated, many by choice, and the Olympic games couldn't be cancelled because we need it as a symbol of international cooperation I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Our very cool, and not at all death trap of a cold room.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Our very cool, and not at all death trap of a cold room.

*weeps in OSHA*

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

*weeps in OSHA*

This workplace is really unsafe. Reasons include:

-Untethered gas canisters
-The pumps that we use have unshielded and exposed wires that have to be placed on the floor with the rest of the pump.
-Mold
-Hot water source for cleaning the smaller tanks is basically just an open pot and when and if pressure goes back up the hose it blast hot water, or hot water and caustic up through the top.

When I first got here and said that we should get a face shield for handling the very strong caustic and asked that we use the boss literally laughed at me. We got one anyways.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 6, 2021

Escape From Noise

The owner will also regularly pulls a dolly full of cases of beer in front of him as he backs down a ramp.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 6, 2021

Escape From Noise

This is probably fine, right?

(Sometimes I have to resituate the cord in order to get the pump to run)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*screams*

You can like, just leave. Just go. He will never know, get your keys and move your stuff and just go.

Finger Prince

Well at least you could burn the place down and they could never pin it on you.

Escape From Noise

Uh excuse me, but I am a Real ManTM so I will destroy my body and mind in unsafe conditions because of my ego.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Or, hear me out: you could be a cool guy and walk away before the building just bursts into flames of it's own accord while you slow motion walk to popular metal guitar riffs

Escape From Noise

I shudder to think what the larger 2000 liter facility is going to look like.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's gonna probably just melt as soon as hops are introduced to the facility

Just open the bag and it all melts like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Escape From Noise

He asked me for advice and ignored a lot of it. He's already cheaping out on equipment. They're still going to be still using the two head bottler that's not automated at all.

Imagine bottling 2000 liters worth of beer on that thing.

I'm also sure that it's going to be super unsafe in there.

Armitag3

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Biiru troubles, geez.

As an aside why are people choosing not to get vaxed there?

Escape From Noise

Armitag3 posted:

Biiru troubles, geez.

As an aside why are people choosing not to get vaxed there?

Fear of "side effects" mostly from my experience and what I've heard from people. I'm not going to pretend to understand all of it, but apparently it kind of stems from a lot of people not being fully warned about the very severe side effects of the HPV vaccine a few years ago, but also possibly others. There's probably a little more to it. I mean, I know a few people who said they weren't going to get any vaccinations when they came out, and this was at the very beginning of the outbreak. There are some conspiracy theories, but the most widespread reason seems to just be a fear of side effects at some point.

It also seems to run the gamut so far as age is concerned. I have a friend who blames young people, but I've met a lot of older people who are aren't doing it either. Who knows? They'll probably point to the vaccine resistant mutations and say that they were better off not getting vaccinated since the newer varient is resistant, not understanding that they're partially responsible. It's frustrating.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What the hell kind of HPV vaccine are they using over there? I had Gardasil 9 and it was nbd; my sister got Cervarix and it was also nbd. Most people I know have had it and the worst side effects were localized swelling and low grade fever.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

What the hell kind of HPV vaccine are they using over there? I had Gardasil 9 and it was nbd; my sister got Cervarix and it was also nbd. Most people I know have had it and the worst side effects were localized swelling and low grade fever.

I don't know. Side effects were like comas/paralysis or something? I don't really know the whole story.

Escape From Noise

It may have been misinformation. I really don't know. I just know that it's at least part of the reason for such widespread vaccine hesitancy here.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sometimes I hate the internet because I contrast this period of time with the late 80s/early 90s MMR push and, well, I don't know anyone my age who hasn't had it plus boosters.

And then I look at now and all those people I grew up with who refuse to vaccinate.

Anyway I'm very depressed about this because it's directly related to my job, because apparently most of the other building tenants are not vaccinated. So I'm coming to terms with having to quit.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Sometimes I hate the internet because I contrast this period of time with the late 80s/early 90s MMR push and, well, I don't know anyone my age who hasn't had it plus boosters.

And then I look at now and all those people I grew up with who refuse to vaccinate.

Anyway I'm very depressed about this because it's directly related to my job, because apparently most of the other building tenants are not vaccinated. So I'm coming to terms with having to quit.

Yeah. It's not great. I grew up in southern Missouri near Springfield, sorta. My dad's going to the Chicagoland area for my grandmother's memorial. He's driving, because he's my dad and he'll have fun camping along the way and poo poo. He was thinking about dropping by the Ozarks to see old friends but he's going to just skip it because that area is just getting slammed with cases. I can't say I'm in any way surprised that it's happening.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 6, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah. It's not great. I grew up in southern Missouri near Springfield, sorta.y dad's going to the Chicagoland area for my grandmother's memorial. He's driving, because he's my dad and he'll have fun camping along the way and poo poo. He was thinking about dropping by the Ozarks to see old friends but he's going to just skip it because that area is just getting slammed with cases. I can't say I'm in any way surprised that it's happening.

I was offered an incredible gig doing property management for a bunch of really high end mansion type vacation rentals (office only, commanding a fleet of maint, hk and reservations/service workers) at LotO but I refused on the grounds that I would not be safe, and my workers definitely wouldn't.

And then the guy who offered it to me laughed at me and called me a sheep.

And then his 20something kid died horribly of COVID.

And then the last time I talked to him he still didn't believe COVID is real and he thinks his kid was killed off by "some experimental weapon."

Anyway no thanks.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I was offered an incredible gig doing property management for a bunch of really high end mansion type vacation rentals (office only, commanding a fleet of maint, hk and reservations/service workers) at LotO but I refused on the grounds that I would not be safe, and my workers definitely wouldn't.

And then the guy who offered it to me laughed at me and called me a sheep.

And then his 20something kid died horribly of COVID.

And then the last time I talked to him he still didn't believe COVID is real and he thinks his kid was killed off by "some experimental weapon."

Anyway no thanks.

Jesus. That sounds Extremely Ozarks. I'm sorry. What a weird place.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Holy gently caress lmao

Anyway enjoy working from home for the next 2-5 years because lambda is pretty much confirmed on US soil now and also abatement took, idk, four years at one of my old places.

holy poo poo, we're already up to Lambda?!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

holy poo poo, we're already up to Lambda?!

Yeah buddy get in we're gonna die

cruft

In October 2019, Alabama had the 7th highest rate of vaccination in the US for measles. They're now at the lowest vaccination rate for COVID.

Funny how things can change so drastically in such a short time period.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

also abatement took, idk, four years at one of my old places.

I missed this part of your post. Holy crap.

I guess if they're calling in an abatement team, they'd be fools not to get rid of all the poo poo they already knew they had, that was preventing them working on, like, plumbing. So, yeah, I reckon this could take a while. Especially here in the Land of Maņana.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yeah buddy get in we're gonna die

My money was on global warming. Good thing I didn't actually bet.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I missed this part of your post. Holy crap.

I guess if they're calling in an abatement team, they'd be fools not to get rid of all the poo poo they already knew they had, that was preventing them working on, like, plumbing. So, yeah, I reckon this could take a while. Especially here in the Land of Mañana.

It cracks me up that the Railrunner was like a year behind schedule and the reaction was "Wow! Only a year!"

cruft

My money was in global warming. Good thing I didn't actually bet.

In 2014, I bet a guy a dollar that by 2029 Los Angeles would be seeing a significant population decline due to water shortages.

It's looking like I might win that dollar :sadpeanut:

cruft

It cracks me up that the Railrunner was like a year behind schedule and the reaction was "Wow! Only a year!"

Yo, anything getting completed here is cause for celebration. The Railrunner is awesome, too.

Did you know one of the main reasons it was built is because Sandia (I think) pueblo said the state couldn't widen I-25 through their land?

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

In 2014, I bet a guy a dollar that by 2029 Los Angeles would be seeing a significant population decline due to water shortages.

It's looking like I might win that dollar :sadpeanut:

I could see people hanging on despite water shortages. People are weird (me included)

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Yo, anything getting completed here is cause for celebration. The Railrunner is awesome, too.

Did you know one of the main reasons it was built is because Sandia (I think) pueblo said the state couldn't widen I-25 through their land?

It was an interesting experience using it after years of Japan's public transit. It's definitely a net gain but the limited schedule and it not going to the airport is still super weird to me.

cruft

It was an interesting experience using it after years of Japan's public transit. It's definitely a net gain but the limited schedule and it not going to the airport is still super weird to me.

Why would anybody want mass transit that goes to the airport? What are ya, nuts?

e: I'll make a new post

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 6, 2021

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Why would anybody want mass transit that goes to the airport? What are ya, nuts?

What the gently caress esse?

cruft

I've actually taken mass transit from the Sunport to the town that you've surely figured out I live in by now. It involved taking a bus to 2nd street downtown, getting on the train, getting off at the NM599 station (where the bypass road meets the interstate), getting on another bus to $TOWN, then getting on one more bus to get home.

It was still more pleasant that driving, though. I hate driving.

But it made it pretty obvious why people don't think mass transit is a viable option unless absolutely no other option exists.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Man, decision paralysis is always annoying, but I wish my brain would just let me decide what to go get for lunch. I'm so hungry, but I can't commit to getting up from my desk because everything sounds good but nothing sounds worth the drive.
This is not necessarily a work problem, more a brain problem, but my brain does not like being at work.
I hope everyone has or had a delicious and convenient lunch hour today.

Farecoal

There he go
Commuter rail is a bad transit model most of the time anyway. For most of the day there's a whole bunch of locomotives and rolling stock sitting idle in yards, wasting space and money.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Someone fainted at a funeral so a firetruck and ambulance came out, so we drove over to check it out and on the way over we passed one of the equipment operators who's waiting for the funeral to end, and he's dancing to "Strokin" by Clarence Carter in the street while he waits next to his backhoe. It was awesome.

Ass-penny

Achtane posted:

Someone fainted at a funeral so a firetruck and ambulance came out, so we drove over to check it out and on the way over we passed one of the equipment operators who's waiting for the funeral to end, and he's dancing to "Strokin" by Clarence Carter in the street while he waits next to his backhoe. It was awesome.

Buy him an account imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Farecoal posted:

Commuter rail is a bad transit model most of the time anyway. For most of the day there's a whole bunch of locomotives and rolling stock sitting idle in yards, wasting space and money.

That's why commuter rail should run all day, even if it has to be at a reduced schedule. The idea that everyone only travels into a city in the morning and out in the evening is laughably outdated.