Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Several years ago we got a christmas catalog with a couple pages of anti-vegan graphic tees. We sent in a clipping to Seth and they used them on the show! I wish I knew the episode number so I could listen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Surprised I don't remember but what was the fate of Seth's Cheyenne?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Surprised I don't remember but what was the fate of Seth's Cheyenne?

For some reason I think he took it into a garage owned by armenians and they demanded too much money for the work so he just forfeited it to them.

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 1, 2021

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Got a weird question—are Marcia and Joe divorced? I always assumed they were what with Seth having a little brother whose mother isn’t Marcia, but don’t know if Seth has ever mentioned it for sure. Marcia’s a super-Catholic and Joe seems pretty freewheeling, so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if they just went their separate ways without all the fanfare of a divorce.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

For some reason I think he took it into a garage owned by armenians and they demanded too much money for the work so he just forfeited it to them.
That's right, with the GnR bootleg in the deck?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

flesh dance posted:

With the olympics in the news I remembered an old podcast segment that talked about the 1936 olympics hosted by "Mr. Hitler" that released a bunch of pigeons that poo poo all over everyone among other things. Can anyone tell me, was that from UYD and if it was does anyone have an idea of the ep number? I remember it being them but I'm not 100%

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Thanks! That was a solid classic ep; I hadn't listened to anything from the back catalog in a long, long time

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The new camera angles in 872 work for Jonathan but make me feel like Seth is talking to someone standing behind my right shoulder. Love Seth calling back the flyer guy, those bits he used to do a lot in the early episodes where he interacts with the real world were always great to me.

Also they announced they'll be phasing out the $1 and $3 Patreon tiers to just start at $5. I recommend, the videos are a lot of fun.

e: 873, goddamn this wood theft story lmao "I'm 39 and I guarantee you this is the first weird stuff I've ever done"

ee: 874: J: "This poo poo that's going on in the sacred plant space..."

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 5, 2021

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

Has anyone been to two back-to-back live shows? How much time is there between the shows?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Leo posted:

Has anyone been to two back-to-back live shows? How much time is there between the shows?

They did back-to-backs for the 11th anniversary, I went to the early show and on my way out I saw some friends already in line for the late one. I wanna say there was maybe an hour, hour fifteen between the two?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I kinda wish they’d do some patreon only content because they’d cash in huge. I respect the ideals, but they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

n8r posted:

I kinda wish they’d do some patreon only content because they’d cash in huge. I respect the ideals, but they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

they're both making decent living wages through Patreon, they're fine. not everything needs to maximize profits.

neither of them seem to care much about money anyways.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
It's so funny to me when Seth gets a weird screed or religious pamphlet and calls the number just to see what happens. That's the same kind of energy that made him go to the scientology museum and get on their lists.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Kevin DuBrow posted:

It's so funny to me when Seth gets a weird screed or religious pamphlet and calls the number just to see what happens. That's the same kind of energy that made him go to the scientology museum and get on their lists.

He likes people-watching, there’s lots of weirdos in la (especially seth)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Kevin DuBrow posted:

That's the same kind of energy that made him go to the scientology museum and get on their lists.

I dipped back into that epp in the archive and it's dated 4/20. :allears:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

they're both making decent living wages through Patreon, they're fine. not everything needs to maximize profits.

neither of them seem to care much about money anyways.

130k / 2 plus fees doesn’t seem like an amazing living in LA.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I think Seth's getting the majority of the Patreon

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Re: the recurring conversation about UYD phrases that creep into your vocabulary, I never actually say this out loud but the concept of "my sites" is so loving real.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

n8r posted:

It’s obviously been a while but aren’t all the live shows on the Patreon feed now?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

n8r posted:

130k / 2 plus fees doesn’t seem like an amazing living in LA.

I would bet anything Jah doesn’t take home a single penny from that. Dude is shopping for real-estate and leases a new top-of-line whip every few years. Pops has deep pockets.

Jeff might get some.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Ep 353: “I’ve rally gotta get this smoking under control.”

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Ok I see the archives page but how do you actually get the rss with the old episodes?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Business posted:

Ok I see the archives page but how do you actually get the rss with the old episodes?
There's no official one, hit the ? on this post to show my posts in this thread and you'll find a Python script that scrapes the archives into an RSS file you can host for yourself on like Dropbox or whatever, if you know what to do with that.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Seth was almost a decade and a half ahead of the curve making fun of Afghan soldiers’ jumping jacks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol Jonathan's birthday show starting off with a Roma chant.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the entire section about seth just refusing the present jonathan got him because he doesn't wear purple was hysterical, some very classic seth is a lunatic poo poo

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

877: "How many dudes can you get in one building explaining something that doesn't make sense to each other?"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
879 is an banger y'all. That live show really perked the boys up.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1433127055047241732

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Covid aerosol droplets bouncing off Seth like bullets off of Superman

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m kinda surprised neither Seth nor Jonathan were immediately familiar with NVidia

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

K1ll h1m.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

biggest surprise from the live show is seth saying Lost holds up. Maybe he was joking but him watching that is as much growth as him going to Hawaii

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Receiving a gift and then telling them you don't want it and handing it right back is wild. If I didn't know what Seth is like I would assume it was just a bit for the show.

Who does that? :psyduck:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/1436034408658587648?s=19

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Did that fish just whisper "Donda" to me?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Been playing a lot of Halo recently and I'm constantly hearing Jonathan's "get the sword GET THE SWORD" in my head (But not the other thing he said)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I forgot about he and his friends peer-pressuring a kid to get off his medication. God bless his parents for putting up with teenage Rasta Jonathan

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's insane to think that while I was kicking a football around in school Jah was smoking bad opium and snorting someone's medication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don’t recall if it’s this page or the previous one, but someone was asking about Marcia and Joe.

Seth states in 795 (episode where he introduces Max) that Marcia and Joe are indeed divorced.

He also introduces his sister Justice.