Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the markets are fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

thank you for the kind words about the comic, folks

you know, I kind of had abstractly thought about it, but now that you say it I'll go ahead and set up an etsy to sell it in. will post when done.

:ssh: i've already posted it if you want to read it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721962&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post516580089 :ssh:
i read it and enjoyed. i like how your book jackets turned out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

graph posted:

the markets are fake

actually they're important to the very wealthy so everyone else in the country has to pretend to be interested too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

actually they're important to the very wealthy so everyone else in the country has to pretend to be interested too.

another wonderful legacy of the clinton administration

(e: more specifically, djia = definitive economy barometer)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

graph posted:

another wonderful legacy of the clinton administration

(e: more specifically, djia = definitive economy barometer)

NUMBER go UP

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
remembering hearing about the dow jones industrial average on the evening news htat my dad would have blaring on the tv while we were eating dinner every night

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i guess the problem is that pareto himself thought alpha was like 2.5 which would gently caress this one up a fair bit and prolly the ratio is more closer to 1/100 than 1/10 anyhow. so it's deffo more like 100,000 peeps w/ retirements as opposed to 'financial advisor' bloodsuckers, not 1 million, if you whacked edward jones and transferred all aum to a low cost mutual index fund. but hey, 100k peeps isnt nothing

the expense ratio wars have in fact mostly been fought and won, really. edward jones has 1 trillion aum but the low cost dealios have higher than 10 trillion aum. the typical bloodsuckers now suck on rich peep blood in "hnw" thingies and pension funds. i have no sympathy for the first and we should get on kicking them out of the second

my favourite fornite drop location is tilted towers

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jayhartigan/status/1423548646046449665

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bump_fn posted:

remembering hearing about the dow jones industrial average on the evening news htat my dad would have blaring on the tv while we were eating dinner every night

my dad used to talk about the dow jones to me until i explained to him what it actually was, now he doesn't give a poo poo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

the markets are fake

thats right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

number go up, number go down. can't explain that

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
turning on nbc night news so the pythia can tell me what will happen

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
pythia had better drugs imo

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

tying the retirement funds of the american population to the stock market was a brilliant move on the part of the banking industry. number must go up or there will be a lot of destitute retirees

looking at the last year or so, everyone knows that something has to give as this isn't real or sustainable, but number just keeps going up to new all time highs multiple times a week

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 6, 2021

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i listened to an old dieselboy mix on my walk tonight and it was good.

gently caress yeah dieselboy, it's been a minute since i thought of him

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
oh man they didn't have the type of weed vape I like so I tried something else, and it tastes a swedish fish gummy with dirt on it. gets you some hosed up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSJ5fOnkkCk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

oh man they didn't have the type of weed vape I like so I tried something else, and it tastes a swedish fish gummy with dirt on it. gets you some hosed up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSJ5fOnkkCk
the best weed gummies i've gotten are the twd sativa strawberry ones. they can be convenient but they're expensive (even compared to weedchocolate) and require more planning than i usually care for

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The best gummy I ever got...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The best gummy I ever got...

tales from the nursing home?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Mr. Nice! posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

long ago I worked as a line cook with a woman who had lost most of her teeth to meth abuse. she got the rest of them pulled in preparation for getting some dentures and the whole time she was toothless she would make gumjob jokes. i hope she's doing well today

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Mr. Nice! posted:

:zombie:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdWM3tzzH08

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cjs: my brain has completely melted. i have been stuck on some seemingly simple problem all day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

cjs: my brain has completely melted. i have been stuck on some seemingly simple problem all day

I've had no fewer than three "jesus loving christ am I about to get shitcanned" moments in the past 48 hours and I've just about had it with modern society and the capitalist hell machine

please bring on the nuclear warheads so I can either get turned into a carbon flash of a dude jackin' off or live out my days free of the curse of technology

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

I spent the last day and a half working on fixing a strange stable vs unstable cluster routing bug only to find that it’s been the intended behavior the whole time I just assumed it was a bug because it’s dumb as hell

On the plus side it means I’m done with this now after I update the docs! Friday wooo :toot:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

vacation time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PokeJoe posted:

have you tried rewriting it in perl 4

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

are you sure you don’t care?

I don’t
care
do
you?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

bump_fn posted:

local news at six, nbc nightly news with tom brockaw at 6:30. every. weeknight.

and god help you if you spoke or otherwise made noise during the weather report.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol a really hosed up dude is laying in the grass eating crab apples

alcoholism is bad, kids

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

didn’t know orr swam all the way to edmonton during the war

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

alcoholism is bad, kids

the dude was on meth it's a very big problem here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
whenever I go out there are a shitload of people nodded out on drugs or acting hosed up

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the dude was on meth it's a very big problem here

ahh i thought maybe he was eating fermented apples on purpose

all the crabapple trees around here have a pile of scattered, rotting fruit around them and you see drunk birds on occasion

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
everyone is literally too cracked out to rob anyone or get physical

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

ahh i thought maybe he was eating fermented apples on purpose

all the crabapple trees around here have a pile of scattered, rotting fruit around them and you see drunk birds on occasion

yes but a person was doing it, then they passed out

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

sounds awful for everyone, stay safe shitposting ghost

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

sounds awful for everyone, stay safe shitposting ghost

anybody scary is too hosed up to rob me or do anything anymore