Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Respirator crew reppin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

jetz0r posted:

The first time i did shrooms was legitimately amazing for my mental state, and I'd really like to do that again.

My brain is hurting with trying to reconcile my human desires for life with the physical world. I think it has something to do with the lake in the nearby park getting so dry that the bed is exposed, wearing a respirator to get my mail so I don't breathe the blanket of wildfire smoke, and a wildfire of a disease burning through the country. All the while being told I have to ignore all those, and participate in delayed mass casualty events like lollapalooza if I want to have stable shelter.

don’t know what you’re complaining about, sounds good to me - especially when you think about where we’ll be in 25 years!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Chamale posted:

I guarantee respirator crew has a below-average covid rate

Yeah, because Res Squad understands how poo poo works.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lindsey graham death watch day 4: no new tweets from him in about 24 hours. still no tweets that don't appear to be pre-canned messages since his covid positive confirmation. starting to feel hopeful

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Chamale posted:

I guarantee respirator crew has a below-average covid rate
i did ride three planes and went through two crowded af US airport
but at least i tested negative twice so far, one was sampled on day one of the destination and another on day three :shrug:

still being quarantined due to ~*abundance of caution*~ though and will basically be imprisoned for two weeks, i guess that's the price for freedom

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

silicone thrills posted:

Respirator crew reppin

Nice username/post combo

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Zisky posted:

Nice username/post combo

:hmmyes:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Thoguh posted:

No she showed one thing that the normal nurses hadn't already helped us with and then basically said to look on YouTube if we need more help after we get home.

First kid?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

i feel like if the rate of children being hospitalized doubles in a week, that should just be instant country-wide lockdown. ground all the jets, close all the freeways... shut it all the gently caress down

but maybe it will go away

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ruggan posted:

First kid?

Yeah.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
it sure is hard to accept that I’ll be taking care of covid patients for the duration of my foreseeable career. “taking care of them” consists of a fire hose of pure oxygen and medications whose benefits seem marginal at best. you mostly watch them slowly get better or slowly get worse until you can’t crank the oxygen up more and they need intubation. the intubated ones either linger for weeks necessitating a trach and transfer to LTAC or linger for weeks clinging to life with CRRT for their failing kidneys (or on ECMO if you’re otherwise young and previously healthy) until modern medicine just can’t keep them alive. most of the time you can eyeball a patient on admission and have a good idea of which way it will go. you really have to get those patients to make a firm call about whether they would want intubation or not. people get pretty wishy washy about it.

also already had a fair amount of clinic patients who still need supplemental oxygen 6 or 12 months after “recovering.” people in their 40s-50s now tethered to an oxygen concentrator or home ventilator to keep living. who knows if their lungs ever heal. a lot of mild initial covid with brain fog, malaise, chronic pain that nobody knows how to treat or even explain.

poo poo sucks man.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
cookin the books

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1423788989862006784

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

kalensc posted:

There's quite a powderkeg that's forming in some places:

- low vaccination rates;
- mandates preventing masks/distancing;
- hospitals at max capacity, medical professionals at the breaking point;
- schools opening despite the above;
- false assurances that kids are immune and current warnings are political fearmongering;
- a reported increase in dementia and aggressive behavior post-recovery;
- relatively high rate of gun ownership;
- rather strong anti-government sentiment (even when things aren't falling apart).

If children are flat-lining waiting for ambulances and hospital beds and ICU spots to become available then how will angry grieving parents react?

definitely not by researching quality hunting rifles on youtube….IN MINECRAFT!

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Starting to think we shouldn't have built the country on top of a Native burial ground

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

kopasetic posted:

it sure is hard to accept that I’ll be taking care of covid patients for the duration of my foreseeable career. “taking care of them” consists of a fire hose of pure oxygen and medications whose benefits seem marginal at best. you mostly watch them slowly get better or slowly get worse until you can’t crank the oxygen up more and they need intubation. the intubated ones either linger for weeks necessitating a trach and transfer to LTAC or linger for weeks clinging to life with CRRT for their failing kidneys (or on ECMO if you’re otherwise young and previously healthy) until modern medicine just can’t keep them alive. most of the time you can eyeball a patient on admission and have a good idea of which way it will go. you really have to get those patients to make a firm call about whether they would want intubation or not. people get pretty wishy washy about it.

also already had a fair amount of clinic patients who still need supplemental oxygen 6 or 12 months after “recovering.” people in their 40s-50s now tethered to an oxygen concentrator or home ventilator to keep living. who knows if their lungs ever heal. a lot of mild initial covid with brain fog, malaise, chronic pain that nobody knows how to treat or even explain.

poo poo sucks man.

Why wouldn't someone want intubation? Is it just keeping you alive artificially with no hope?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

just slllllide em right in there, nobody will notice

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
cases are going near vertical in king county, wa:

it looks like the fastest/steepest cases have grown in the pandemic. i think next week or so hospitalizations will catch up and it will get pretty nutty.

we should really have a freaking mask mandate

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ruggan posted:

how much of a pest problem do you run into with indoor grow systems, like the Kratky hydroponic method?

none of you grow from seed. it’s manageable if you bring something in from outside and expect it to be covered in aphids and treat it thus.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

say good bye to sleep for about 7 months or so

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why wouldn't someone want intubation? Is it just keeping you alive artificially with no hope?

with alpha variant it was down to like a near 80% chance you don't make it off the vent. it was a lot worse than wild strain, but the big thing is that they figured out good ways to keep people from progressing all the way to the vent so overall deaths were down.

with delta.. it could be even worse chance once you hit the vent

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

"I'll be just fine, it's just a bad flu." with a dash of "i saw on tiktok that you guys get a hundred grand every time someone comes in with covid and dies" if they're feeling spicy?

coke
Jul 12, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Respirator crew reppin

:hmmyes:

the setup that got me through crowds of people
had the same exact filter for about 17 months since march last year and it was still good with no breathing resistance when i swapped in a new set few days ago

salient
Jan 2, 2021

kopasetic posted:

poo poo sucks man.

:same:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I bet being intubated loving sucks rear end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kopasetic posted:

poo poo sucks man.

loving god drat

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Starting to think we shouldn't have built the country on top of a Native burial ground

to be fair, it wasn't that when we started - it took real effort to make it a native burial ground and THEN build over it.

although I don't think we sent our best people when we manifest destinied, so it could be that too.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

i think they put most people in a coma with anesthesia right? there were always little stories of the anesthesia drugs getting scarce and running out during big hospital surges, and that sounds like a special kind of hell

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

yea a decent amount of older or more disease burdened people will opt out. a lot more people will say “don’t do it if it means I’ll be on a vent forever or brain dead” but that just means you get intubated because I can’t really know for sure that will be the outcome when you need intubation. so you need to give a firm no if you don’t really want to be tubed.

coke
Jul 12, 2009
also chiming in to say that you can get a booster without doing fraud, sign up with your regular name and then just get the alternate vaccine eg, you had pfizer in march then just get moderna now

they will say that you are getting the first round of this shot and you can answer yep that it's true :shrug:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive never had a bad trip. pretty curious at this point.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

The Saucer Hovers posted:

waves of nauseating anxiety--you don't want it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Durf posted:

visited my nephews recently and they watch the weirdest poo poo

one of them is addicted to this youtube channel. if you watch them they sound like the scripts and voice are made by an algorithm, but with real people. it's loving bizarre

I found out about these by using YouTube in incognito mode, there's a cottage industry of making these types of videos and then another entire cottage industry of reacting to them

It's the new mechanisms for getting views now that you're not allowed to make insane knockoff Mickey Mouse cartoons where the Joker pees on Elsa

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mod sassinator posted:

waves of nauseating anxiety--you don't want it

I thought that was sobriety

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its not that hard to accomplish w a little bit of planning

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sit under my tree
sip my mushroom tea
what could be better

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Is there a thread around here for medical professionals telling COVID war stories?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mycomancy posted:

I thought that was sobriety

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Pillowpants posted:

Is there a thread around here for medical professionals telling COVID war stories?

goon doctor health care stories

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/1423792584233738242

Help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

yea it sucks under any circumstances. with the really bad covid you often have to use really high pressures with unnatural inspiration and expiration times, like cycles of inspiration then holding for 3 seconds then expiration for 0.5 seconds. this is understandably very uncomfortable so you need propofol, ketamine, midazolam infusions to keep people “comfortably” sedated. you often end up having yo completely paralyze them to keep them breathing with the vent. in the less bad ones, you wake them up periodically to make sure their brain still works.