Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

He's also athletic, big, young, can work. Maybe he failed promo class or something

he's australian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bronsonreedwwe/status/1423813667351629827

he'll be alright

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/AriSterlingWWE/status/1423831053710635009

lmfao

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
drat, Bronson is incredibly straight forward and to point. No "big things in the works, you'll have to wait and see! ^_^" tweet like all the other released people.

Bronson is like the bizarro Keith Lee, just spits it out.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Vince, sitting in his office with Adam Cole: “Here’s a contract. If you don’t sign it in five minutes we fire someone. Then another. Then another. Their blood is on your hands…”

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vince, sitting in his office with Adam Cole: “Here’s a contract. If you don’t sign it in five minutes we fire someone. Then another. Then another. Their blood is on your hands…”

drat we're already at the Negan negotiating stage?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So It's just a matter of when and not if NXT UK gets gutted right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blaise330 posted:

drat, Bronson is incredibly straight forward and to point. No "big things in the works, you'll have to wait and see! ^_^" tweet like all the other released people.

Bronson is like the bizarro Keith Lee, just spits it out.

FYI, Monday is the 2 week anniversary of Lee's "I'll finally tell my story" tweet.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Even Vince and Nick know not to unleash WALTER into the world

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They'll try and kidnap WALTER to keep him in the states when he comes over but he'll just chop his way to freedom

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

everyone rooting against AEW signing people is simply scared of what kona reeves can do

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Three weeks in and Creative has nothing for John Cena to do on the show where he's supposed to be building to the title fight.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1423826429171703808

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not until Vince gets his chance to steal the crown jewels.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Three weeks in and Creative has nothing for John Cena to do on the show where he's supposed to be building to the title fight.

god was cena supposed to come out when finn challenged him and then they nixed it last second leading to that insanely long beatdown segment that still went off air 2 minutes early

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Was there a Smackdown tonight?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gonzo McFee posted:

Cena running out to save Finn is something a babyface would do. This is John Cena.

CarlCX posted:

everyone rooting against AEW signing people is simply scared of what kona reeves can do

I think we just kinda got a bit of underlying trauma from wcw's 300 man roster and tna's ex-wwe worshipping. Also alot of aew homegrowns are already struggling a little for tv time. Regardless I still think they need every woman that has experience they can grab.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Watching WWE ruin the return of their last big drawing card is modern art in motion

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow I took a nap and NXT died.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MJeff posted:

Wow I took a nap and NXT died.

Sleep finally won out, hate to see it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

I think we just kinda got a bit of underlying trauma from wcw's 300 man roster and tna's ex-wwe worshipping. Also alot of aew homegrowns are already struggling a little for tv time. Regardless I still think they need every woman that has experience they can grab.

Yeah, while I personally love Kona Reeves I am very realistic about most of the prospects of most of those releases, but Mercedes is an absolute no-brainer, and the fact that they already got her once should indicate that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

remember nxt? I don't think its around anymore but it was cool a few years ago

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

how much younger do they want wrestlers to be if they're cutting 25 year olds? They trying to sign Izzy or something?

Nick Kahn looking at the Dragon Gate dojo and asking HHH why he can’t get those results.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1423828058054610944?s=20

LOL if the NXT UK guys are actually getting 22,000 a year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Finn showing up to NXT next week.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

Fish, Reed and Atlas are the only ones with any name recognition. Kona Reeves is a meme.

Ari Sterling is Alex Zayne who before he jumped into the WWE wormhole was making huge waves on the indie scene via GCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GugiHb6zCg&t=55s

He is bloody insane and well that he went WWE was always a weird one because he's the sort to do corkscrew shooting star dives off balconies and buildings.

Lid fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 7, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1423828058054610944?s=20

LOL if the NXT UK guys are actually getting 22,000 a year.

That's what they signed for cause part of the deal was to be able to work (WWE approved) Indies. Of course everybody mocked them at the time as it was going to kill the UK indy scene and whelp...here we are

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Record profits

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

Ari Sterling is Alex Zayne who before he jumped into the WWE wormhole was making huge waves on the indie scene via GCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GugiHb6zCg&t=55s

He is bloody insane and well that he went WWE was always a weird one because he's the sort to do corkscrew shooting star dives off balconies and buildings.

He also names his moves after Taco Bell menu items

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'd take 22k to work for WWE. I'm just gonna lose in 2 minutes to a rollup then thats all I gotta do for the week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Seams posted:

Fish, Reed and Atlas are the only ones with any name recognition. Kona Reeves is a meme.

And if I were a western company I would be thinking twice about signing Bobby Fish. Dude is just one or two steps removed from being Drake Wuertz levels of insane when it comes to QAnon bullshit. He's just not as vocal about his support on social media, but he's shown support for the movement and such before.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He also names his moves after Taco Bell menu items

He's perfect with the guy with moves named after pepsi

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Blaise330 posted:

I'd take 22k to work for WWE. I'm just gonna lose in 2 minutes to a rollup then thats all I gotta do for the week.

Your knees only morth 11k each?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even with Covid killing ticket sales you have to think every Japanese company that said no to WWE is super smug right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gonzo McFee posted:

"We just can't find any TV time for this big Hollywood star coming off a critically-acclaimed blockbuster performance that literally just debuted yesterday"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait.

They only have Cena for a month and they didn't even put him on SmackDown tonight? :stare:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

Wait.

They only have Cena for a month and they didn't even put him on SmackDown tonight? :stare:

Yeah and his movie came out at midnight last night.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's doubly baffling as Cena on the road has improved ticket sales and ratings yet WWE is doing it's best to ruin it. Truly it is the brand above all else!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MJeff posted:

Wait.

You can't waste big match john on smackdown when he has to make three minute appearances on raw

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DLC Inc posted:

this, why does AEW need to hoover up every tom dick and harry that gets released from wwe

WWE has released 52 wrestlers this year. How many have AEW signed? Andrade and Black?

Last year they signed Tay Conti, FTR, Miro, Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy out another probably 50 release wrestlers.

Am I missing more? They seem to sign notable people.

Then there are people that are just notable that had their contracts expire like Sting and supposedly Punk and Bryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is bobson dugnut ok?

Yes, but I have some unfortunate news about Glenallen Mixon and Kevin Nogilny.