Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

She'll have literally no one to gloat over, and her executioner won't care.

you might say that some people just want to watch teh world burn

hosed up, you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

paranoid randroid posted:

you might say that some people just want to watch teh world burn

hosed up, you ask me

Yeah, what kind of clown would want that?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
if I was an ascendant god-king I would simply have the humility to be nice to the revolting worm abomination

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ending the multiverse is tremendous content, you have to admit

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think all five of the demiurges still fighting Jags are gonna die here real soon

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

mycomancy posted:

Yeah, what kind of clown would want that?

It's almost like she's having a laugh.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A.o.D. posted:

Nah, Gog is dumb as hell. She thinks she'll survive this because she's thinking "dumb idiot has to kill everything in the universe to kill me" when that is explicitly the Red God's plan.

She bested him once! She can do it again!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Begemot posted:

I loved that even Jagganoth is shocked. Giant demon skull like "what did she say???" :allears:

I saw it more as a "Finally, we're ready to get this started for real."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
We've all been guessing we might see Zoss pull a Reset, and that sure would be a reason to warrant it :stonklol:.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Who What Now posted:

I saw it more as a "Finally, we're ready to get this started for real."

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
can a single one among you say mottom was wrong

no

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:five:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

A.o.D. posted:

Nah, Gog is dumb as hell. She thinks she'll survive this because she's thinking "dumb idiot has to kill everything in the universe to kill me" when that is explicitly the Red God's plan.

Jaggs is invulnerable, but that doesn't mean he can't get a worm flung in his open mouth.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 7, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nilbop posted:

no

You're not wrong mottom, you're just an rear end in a top hat

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Perhaps the truth... is somewhere in the middle? :monocle:
I think because she's scatterbrained and mad she's just thinking in terms of "they may need my help to win but I don't need their help to survive this fight" even though she's smart enough that she probably knows that Jagganoth is very likely to destroy her in the long run.

e: oh you edited your post to be something completely different lmao
to address worming: I imagine 'being transformed from the inside out by a worm' counts as a form of harm that can be prevented by invulnerability.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Nilbop posted:

no

I like how in the contest between “person who threatens to let the multiverse be destroyed if you don’t give in to her demands” and “person who does not give in to those demands,” most of the thread seems to be taking the side of the person making the demands.

Kind of hosed up, in my opinion.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Her demand is to be recognized as an equal.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Preposterous.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
"Give in to her demands," lol.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Jaggs is invulnerable, but that doesn't mean he can't get a worm flung in his open mouth.

jagganoth is a living furnace even when he hasn't entered his chakravartin state, you can't worm him because the worm would be incinerated by the fires of his Will before it got within twenty yards

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ditch posted:

The only Chekhov's Gun left to use against Jag that I can think of is Salami Dave busting out a 10-finger technique, but that would be a kinda anticlimactic as an ending.

*Auntie Maya stops chewing her noodles for a moment to give you the side eye, and then continues with her udon meal*

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

You're not wrong mottom, you're just an rear end in a top hat

mark it zero, incubus

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Recognizing Gog as needed is wrong because recognizing any of the demiurges as needed is wrong.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

In the long run yes, short term I think maybe we can humor her.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Really am wondering if we're gonna see Maya or Juggernaut Star pop up in all this

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The Community pizza fire gif except it's Juggs coming in and only they're on fire.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
maya shows up to gank incubus, sees hes already been thrown over a pile of tires, totally destroyed, and just backs away giving a thumbs up

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

mark it zero, incubus

Say what you will about the tenets of Sword Law, but at least it's an ethos.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Gog's left, leaving the team one demiurge short.

Chekov's Auntie will arrive just in time to take her spot.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
gog worm moon has done its job and wormed everyone within it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Isn't Gog's sin Envy? Because her destroying everything out of spite because she didn't get part of the spotlight fits that preeeeeetty well!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Wittgen posted:

At a surface level, yes.

But practically speaking, she was already recognized as an equal when Salami Dave reminded her to Honor The Pact, since it's the de facto proof that her seat at the Big Kids Table is warranted, and that her contributions are necessary and important. Arguably, even Mottom pointing out that they need Gog's help to win is proof she is both powerful and needed.

But Gog doesn't want to be one set of hands on the n-Cubit spear, she wants to take credit for everything, and she's happy risking everything for the chance to see the others beg the Worm for help.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mark it zero, incubus

ALL OTHER DEMIURGES TOGETHER: Incubus, you're out of your element!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wittgen posted:

Why would you want be equal to a living mummy and a stinky slop man?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Asgerd posted:

Say what you will about the tenets of Sword Law, but at least it's an ethos.

This is what you get Mottom! This is what you get when you gently caress a worm queen in their pride!

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Mottom and Gog are somehow worse at containing their pride than Mr Human Personification of Pride over here

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

lightrook posted:

At a surface level, yes.

But practically speaking, she was already recognized as an equal when Salami Dave reminded her to Honor The Pact, since it's the de facto proof that her seat at the Big Kids Table is warranted, and that her contributions are necessary and important. Arguably, even Mottom pointing out that they need Gog's help to win is proof she is both powerful and needed.

But Gog doesn't want to be one set of hands on the n-Cubit spear, she wants to take credit for everything, and she's happy risking everything for the chance to see the others beg the Worm for help.

Also, like... demand to be recognized as an equal monstrous king of conquest and devastation. None of these people are good. If any one of them made a demand before they took up the spear, even if it was just Incubus saying 'admit I'm good at sword' or like... Mottom demanding people tell her she's looking good, it would be equally monstrous to put their emotional validation before the survival of the rest of the omniverse.

I can see them doing it, too, because they are in fact equals in being the hideous new gods whose awful grip has choked the cosmos into stagnation, and also Jagganoth, who has managed to find the worst possible answer to that. But Gog's the one introducing 'let's just let the omniverse die for my ego' here and Mottom lacked the equilibrium to bite back saying so. Which means Mottom hosed up, but Gog was looking for an excuse to let everything die.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

there's a time and a place to be honest about your feelings for another, and this was not it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
They don't need a clown, they already have the FOOL.