Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He's hot in a way you have to be nervous about because he's either a cool arty dude or a nasty sex pest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

He's hot in a way you have to be nervous about because he's either a cool arty dude or a nasty sex pest.
Honestly it's probably either just the second or it's both (except not that cool once you figure out the sex pest bit, but too well renowned for the "cool arty dude" bit for people to believe the "nasty sex pest" bit).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miller is agender.

I feel like that choking a woman for seemingly no reason incident probably indicates they’re not the best at parties.

No sex pest allegations that I can recall though so still like top 20% of Hollywood.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Didn’t that rumour get debunked?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What part? There’s video of it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Aphrodite posted:

What part? There’s video of it.

Supposedly the woman asked them to do it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Miller is agender.

I feel like that choking a woman for seemingly no reason incident probably indicates they’re not the best at parties.

No sex pest allegations that I can recall though so still like top 20% of Hollywood.
I don't know a single thing about them specifically, my post was more about the "type" of hot celebrity guy in general.

But good for them being agender I guess. Nice to have some non-cis representation among (alleged) abusers, that's progress.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The only thing surprising about this is that Kirk Cameron or Kevin Sorbo aren't in it.

...are they?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
How exactly *did* the narrative get to "masks are about control"?

I've never understood that. I've never seen anyone actually explain it either.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Because they are telling you to do something you don't want to do.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Because they are telling you to do something you don't want to do.

but really it's the "for the benefit of others" part that pisses them off, yeah?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Well it's like, I get the "gently caress you I wont do what you tell me part" but what's the actual story they've cooked up?

1. Put on mask
2. ......
3. Enslavement?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Because god didn't tell them to do it therefore you are obeying man over god.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Thats gotta be in a prologue of the first episode as the two trees are in the 1st age and Amazon can't use the 1st age for the most part. I wonder if we'll briefly see Melkor and Ungoliant destroy the two trees in a prologue scene similar to Sauron being defeated at the start of FOTR. Also are they really gonna call the show "Lord of the Rings" ? According to theonering.net, Sauron/Annatar will not be in Season 1.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That report is vague. It could also be read that Annatar is not revealed to be Sauron in the first season.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What about good old Tom bombadil

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What about good old Tom bombadil

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This poster made me laugh way too hard

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
RtHH is actually really good, and it's got a baby George Clooney and Marsha Brady.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

RtHH is actually really good, and it's got a baby George Clooney and Marsha Brady.
:ok:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They’re right, it’s a legitimately good little movie in some ways. There’s a a great scene with a whole argument about using rape in order to get tits on the screen that’s sadly still pertinent today.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Look at that work on the title :stwoon:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's a cool poster but every time I look at Paul at the bottom this song starts playing in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvI_FNrczzQ

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Here's hoping the Dune 2 (God willing) poster is the exact same but with a Chad Paul.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I like the Mega Man one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gripweed posted:

It's a cool poster but every time I look at Paul at the bottom this song starts playing in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvI_FNrczzQ

It feels like a floating head poster done by people who are too skilled to ever do a generic floating head poster but the studio made them do one anyway.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MikeJF posted:

It feels like a floating head poster done by people who are too skilled to ever do a generic floating head poster but the studio made them do one anyway.

It's remarkably crisp, for a style of poster that's typically a muddled mess. So kudos I guess.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

it still loving looks like dunc

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mister Chief posted:

I like the Mega Man one.

They definitely deserve credit for sticking with the goofy original box art.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the Mega Man one is ace. They totally should’ve done Phalanx, dammit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MikeJF posted:

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's remarkably crisp, for a style of poster that's typically a muddled mess. So kudos I guess.

This is exactly what I thought. A very well done floating head poster. Crisp colors. Nice palate and, maybe except for Zendaya's key lighting, everyone looks nice and even and intentional.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's not the best poster for this sort of thing but someone at WB said "SHOW THE CAST" and here we are.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hexwren posted:

it still loving looks like dunc

Why wouldn't it be? It's confirmed to be part of the Space Jam Extended Universe.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't imagine someone looking at that Dunc poster and wanting to watch it. None of those actors are box offices draws. Also there's no suggestion of what the movie is about. When did taglines go out of fashion?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vegetable posted:

I can't imagine someone looking at that Dunc poster and wanting to watch it. None of those actors are box offices draws. Also there's no suggestion of what the movie is about. When did taglines go out of fashion?

I mean like 80% of that cast is tied to multi-billion dollar movies in the last 2 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They showed the Dune trailer before Suicide Squad when I went on Friday, and my 21 year old brother in law actually said after it's like they cast everyone that appeals to people his age.

Zendaya and Timothee Chalamet are huge with early 20s people right now.

You're just old, sorry. it's okay. Most of us are if we're here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vegetable posted:

This fall...
The mind killer...
Is love