Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao NXT renewed flat, holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

You know I've been suspecting for a while that the PC's days are numbered.

It's been the company's biggest loss leader for nearly a decade at this point, with the idea that their investment would pay off down the line with a steady rotation of money-making stars. That .... never really happened, and if the new suits now just see it as a giant money sink, then welp, don't pick up your phone Mr. Albert.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

100 shows the coldness of the cuts but also shows just how much WWE was hoarding talent just to hoard talent
This is what I tell myself before I say "gently caress Nick Khan"

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It's always weird to hear of WWE tryouts at the PC around the same time as these cuts. I feel like they kept hiring people every 3-4 months. Such a bad system.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Lid posted:

WALTER is going to be free.

They'll keep Walter so he can keep having the best match in the company, which no one sees, in a brand that doesn't actually exist.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

KungFu Grip posted:

wwe just shedding a promotions worth of talent in a year and still over 200 people on their roster not counting whoever is just hanging in the performance center that doesnt have a name or training

Here is a snapshot of other male superstar or even main event WWE talent has and no idea what to do with:

Cedric Alexander

Gran Metallik

Keith Lee (WHO IS STILL NOT RELEASED respect his privacy)

Ricochet

T-Bar (lol remember this is loving Donovan Dijakovic)

Cesaro (too late now but its still Cesaro)

Adam Cole

Fabian Aichner

Swerve Scott aka Shawn Strickland aka Killshot

Johnny Gargano

Pete Dunne

Roderick Strong

Timothy Thatcher

A-Kid

Joe Coffey

Mark Andrews

Rampage Brown

Trent Seven

Tyler Bate

Wolfgang

I'm leaving out WALTER because while he's in the non-existent NXT UK he is still unquestionably the best single booked wrestler in all of WWE in the last three years.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I feel so sorry for the non-US talent who are now jobless during a pandemic and who might struggle to get home because of lovely restrictions.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't think NXT gets cancelled off of USA but it's for sure as hell going to be a very different shows come fall

Just two hours of HHH sitting on his iron cross throne, crying despondently.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Majinfoose posted:

They'll keep Walter so he can keep having the best match in the company, which no one sees, in a brand that doesn't actually exist.

His next match is on takeover, which is AFTER summerslam funny enough

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This goddamn trash fire of a company holy loving lol forever.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

lmao NXT renewed flat, holy gently caress.

what does renewed flat mean

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
NXT worked as a promotion because it was written by one man and had long going storylines leading to TakeOvers where the storylines would pay off. IT featured ridiculously good talent in a one hour easily digestible block. Then it became viewed externally as easily the best wrestling show in WWE which meant internally it needed to be booked like WWE, and that with this AEW thing appearing they needed to kill that before it got a foothold.

Another hour.
More writers.
Booking week to week.

Signing everyone they could to keep them away from AEW.

It was a house of cards that was fine when its only competition itself was WWE main roster, but when it had to compete with both the main roster AND AEW it became neither its own thing nor developmental. It became this horrifying directionless mish-mash.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Blaise330 posted:

Once again, why am I seeing endless rematches if the roster is this big? Even the money in the bank qualifiers which requires the competitors to have 0 story together cause the mitb is the story was all rematches

Because at the end of the day the book has to go past Vince, who is rot-brained and changes poo poo last minute, and everyone under him hasn't the balls to say no for fear of getting fired.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

While I'm personally glad to see WWE taking some L's these days, it's a real shame to think about NXT from when I first watched it in 2014 to today.

This intimate arena with rabid fans and getting exposed to wrestlers I'd maybe only heard the names of before. At the time you could even let yourself get excited about who would come up to the main roster. Then the years drag on and new talent barely rotates to the top of the card and those who get called up become just another name on a list of wasted, miserable people sitting in catering week to week. I swear Vince extends his lifeforce by crushing the joy out of people and things.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The most telling failure of NXT is far and away the most successful signing in WWE of the last decade was AJ Styles.

Who skipped NXT.

NXT didn't so much develop wrestlers but use up all their potential because it meant WWE's audience already saw what they were capable of and could do but on the mian roster they have to do something different and/or actively wrestle worse.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

graph posted:

do we think that nxt not moving back to fullsail is a pretty big tell that they're going to be axed prolly after takeover 36 and roll everyone into raw and sd during superstar shakeup after summerslam

They're contractually obligated to produce NXT for USA for the time being - they renewed the contracts this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

graph posted:

what does renewed flat mean

NXT signed a multi-year deal with USA when they moved to Tuesdays. That they renewed flat means they got no increase in money.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How can you teach people to wrestle if there’s only one type of match you put on?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sounds like good news!

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1423897679013322754

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cesar Bononi didn't even know how to do a false finish. He was in WWE for 5 years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kunabomber posted:

They're contractually obligated to produce NXT for USA for the time being - they renewed the contracts this year.

I wonder if there's specific wording as to what "NXT" is. Since they've not gotten more money after a renewal, I feel like they could be any old or rehashed wrestling content in that slot, dub it NXT and be done with it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well triple h had done it, his nxt had won it, with karrion getting squashed by Jeff hardy. Keith Lee’s disrespected privacy. Thought Adam coles contract was longer but it’s only five foot three. Velveteen and his troubles with the law - Finn Balors grotesquely shattered jaw. I’m talkin Pete Dunne, cedric and T-bar

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Golden Bee posted:

How can you teach people to wrestle if there’s only one type of match you put on?

The easiest way to tell NXT was Triple H's baby Do Not Touch was when the main events became Triple H epics except with Adam Cole.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

That DICK! posted:

Well triple h had done it, his nxt had won it, with karrion getting squashed by Jeff hardy. Keith Lee’s disrespected privacy. Thought Adam coles contract was longer but it’s only five foot three. Velveteen and his troubles with the law - Finn Balors grotesquely shattered jaw. I’m talkin Pete Dunne, cedric and T-bar

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nvm, he's just still depressed about all the releases

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao Sean knows exactly what he's doing when he does that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

lmao Sean knows exactly what he's doing when he does that.

dunno the man gets real mad when peeople complain about it possibly meaning something and says he can post whatever he wants on his personal account without it being a hint.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if there's specific wording as to what "NXT" is. Since they've not gotten more money after a renewal, I feel like they could be any old or rehashed wrestling content in that slot, dub it NXT and be done with it.

I bet a Best of show with classic matches from company history would draw a better rating in that slot than NXT.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Kona Reeves is about to absolutely dominate the indies. Mind-boggling that they let such a monumental talent slip through their fingers. Let's look at why he's about to become your new indie darling:

- Tallish.
- In developmental for most of a decade so he's probably like the greatest wrestler alive by now.
- Has had like 5 surgeries and might be a cyborg
- Looks like Pennywise

Truly he is The Finest, whatever that was supposed to mean

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kunabomber posted:

MJeff posted:

NXT signed a multi-year deal with USA when they moved to Tuesdays. That they renewed flat means they got no increase in money.

got it ty

so there's definitely no move out of cwc - isn't cwc in the performance center ?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Strowman, Big E Day, Crawford Christina, Wyatt Bray
Aleksandar Jaksic, Blackwell, Shirai Io
Ethan C, Juice Robinson, No Britt Baker, British Ambition
Ripley Rhea, D'Marco Andrea, No NXT Tokyo

Goldberg Bombs, Kay Lee Ray, Karrion Kross
Jobber Rando, "King of Kings and I," missing "Thorn in Your Eye"
Two Hour, Sword Vaccine, Killed England's Wrestling Scene
Kassius Ohno, Gargano Johnny, Kai Katana, goodbye

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRINGS
IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD BEEN TURNING
WE DIDN'T START THE FIRINGS
NO, WE TALENTED HOARDED BUT WE NEEDED A BUDGET

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That DICK! posted:

HHH gazed up at the enormous face. Eleven years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark muscles. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Nick Khan

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

dunno the man gets real mad when peeople complain about it possibly meaning something and says he can post whatever he wants on his personal account without it being a hint.

I don't buy his indignation at all, the dude vague-tweets and then goes "GOSH GUYS NOT EVERYTHING IS A WRESTLING SCOOP" on a near weekly basis.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Blaise330 posted:

Once again, why am I seeing endless rematches if the roster is this big? Even the money in the bank qualifiers which requires the competitors to have 0 story together cause the mitb is the story was all rematches

The amount of rematches and recycling is just so baffling to me. By contrast AEW put on an episode of Dynamite this week where only two out of the sixteen people who wrestled a match had wrestled on Dynamite the week before.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When does Hunter Hearst Helmsley get released? Could Vince be senile enough to sign any release letter that Nick Khan hands to him and Nick takes the opportunity to sack HHH?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Going through the thread for no real reason.

Rarity posted:

Tommy End as an evil satanic preacher sounds like a killer idea that would be money anywhere but WWE

Scoopsgal does it again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, so they released all of these people on August 6th on a 30 day no compete.

30 days after August 6th is September 5th. Thank goodness there's no big wrestling events that day, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

OK, so they released all of these people on August 6th on a 30 day no compete.

30 days after August 6th is September 5th. Thank goodness there's no big wrestling events that day, eh?

I mean it's a neat thought but I can[t think of a single person on that list that should be debuting at All Out.

I guess Mercedes Martinez in the battle royale?