Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

El Jeffe posted:

Read to the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/ovi7fv/ban_uawkwardtheturtle/h79orut

6200+ upvotes and a bajillion emojis-that-cost-money because they're talking to that mod everyone hates

https://docyx.github.io/reddit-award-calculator?url=https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/ovi7fv/ban_uawkwardtheturtle/
hey lets pay this site $600 to show them how much we hate their business decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

As a genius brain autodidact analyst, it sure is convenient that the first and only stock I ever did any research into (bc it was on twitter) just happens to be the Big Win, the Ticket to Riches, the Overnight Billion!

Guess I'm just lucky :shobon:

upvote

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

why is it whenever theres a popular post on reddit, it doesnt matter the context, there's always a shitload of "wholesome" reacts
like even if the post is "two hundred dead in horrific airline accident" there'll be a bunch of wholesome reacts
i'd get it if they were free, but they cost money lmao

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hbag posted:

why is it whenever theres a popular post on reddit, it doesnt matter the context, there's always a shitload of "wholesome" reacts
like even if the post is "two hundred dead in horrific airline accident" there'll be a bunch of wholesome reacts
i'd get it if they were free, but they cost money lmao

Wholesome is one of the free awards that Reddit occasionally gives out to users to award, which explains why it shows up in weird places

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Admiralty Flag posted:

Wholesome is one of the free awards that Reddit occasionally gives out to users to award, which explains why it shows up in weird places

god of course it is
i really dont want to do nothing but make fun of reddit like some 4chins neckbeard but christ reddit makes it very hard not to

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Google says ‘Enterprise Resource Planning’, so I’m going to go with ‘yeah, probably’.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Having a 16 year old handle all your enterprise resource planning is a bad idea as contracts signed by minors aren't legally binding in the same way they are for adults, at least in US law.
Maybe it's different in the UK

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

loving therapy has ingrained ERP to be Exposure and Response Prevention. I was staring at this for a bit going what's wrong? Then I realised.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

/r/mgtow is banned which is an uncharacteristically excellent thing for reddit

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I saw the full post on this one, OP claims to be the 16 year old. Honestly assuming they're not lying about ages this seems pretty normal? Horny teens are going to have sex through whatever means they can and the only "weird" thing here is deciding to seek legal advice from reddit about it

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

loving therapy has ingrained ERP to be Exposure and Response Prevention. I was staring at this for a bit going what's wrong? Then I realised.

Same for me, but with CBT.

I've considered asking my therapist if she's seen those memes, as she does sex-related therapy, too. I imagine nothing surprises her.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Caesar Saladin posted:

What was it?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Zzulu posted:

What was it?

men going their own way, they say they were a men's support group but really it was a bunch of angry divorced guys and incels being misogynistic and awful

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Caesar Saladin posted:

men going their own way, they say they were a men's support group but really it was a bunch of angry divorced guys and incels being misogynistic and awful

You’re telling me there was an entire group of hateful lonely guys who hated women (and probably everyone else), on Reddit??!!! I can’t believe it :monocle:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The veil was pretty much see through on mgtow. They advertised as a place for men to discuss mens issues, which invariably means sexual strategy/redpill bullshit.

"Im comfortable being single", generally spiraled into "women are irrational worthless hamsters that need to be dominated and im sick of playing the game after my divorce, who else wants to talk about how much better we are without women".

You know cool poo poo like that.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah I remember seeing it and thinking

"Oh neat, a community for men looking to find identity and self worth"

Spending 3 minutes looking at it and just thinking to my self

"Well hot drat, that's theoretically good idea that reddit sucks at the praxis of"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

They usually only ban subreddits like this when the media points out a murderous chud was a user of that subreddit before they did something horrible so it's not super excellent.

The theory I saw in /r/subredditdrama implied that it could have been the guy who recently got caught planning to shoot up a sorority was found to be a MGTOW user.

Or maybe the Reddit admins discovered empathy and reason lol idk

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

They usually only ban subreddits like this when the media points out a murderous chud was a user of that subreddit before they did something horrible so it's not super excellent.

The theory I saw in /r/subredditdrama implied that it could have been the guy who recently got caught planning to shoot up a sorority was found to be a MGTOW user.

Or maybe the Reddit admins discovered empathy and reason lol idk

glad they caught the guy, drat :stare:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Mgtow existed for like a decade plus, didn’t it? Or am I conflating the subreddit with the gross MGTOW thing as a whole?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Not mine

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
today my art director had me change a design that had a couple of tiny vinyl albums as part of it. apparently king crimson and pink floyd are big mock targets on some reddit vinyl circlejerk subreddit, so he had me swap em out. butthole surfers and funkadelic i replaced with are better anyway so I don't care but it cracked me up that reddit was the reason for changing this local bookstore's design lol, not the clients or anything.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

"I have no personality. I regurgitate what I am spoon-fed. sus. hodor. infinity gauntlet"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Khanstant posted:

today my art director had me change a design that had a couple of tiny vinyl albums as part of it. apparently king crimson and pink floyd are big mock targets on some reddit vinyl circlejerk subreddit, so he had me swap em out. butthole surfers and funkadelic i replaced with are better anyway so I don't care but it cracked me up that reddit was the reason for changing this local bookstore's design lol, not the clients or anything.

Lol.

I have no idea what is going on.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Butrhole surfers got Scott Weiland into H, and then he fell in love with life and drank it like a fountain

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:thunk:

I think I've seen enough.

Weird poo poo.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

kntfkr posted:

"I have no personality. I regurgitate what I am spoon-fed. sus. hodor. infinity gauntlet"

Remember when Glenn Howerton did an AMA on Reddit and 90% of the comments were just Redditors quoting It's Always Sunny bits at him and he would just respond with "yup...that's a thing I said..."

Embarrassing.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 7, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jamie Faith posted:

Remember when Glenn Howerton did an AMA on Reddit and 90% of the comments were just Redditors quoting It's Always Sunny bits at him and he would just respond with "yup...that's a thing I said..."

Embarrassing.

I don't but that sounds like something that would happen. Just gonna assume the other 10% were asking him what his favorite funko-pops are or just them posting pictures of funky-pops.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lol and then double lol at how half of the comments are "Umm he came from a tribe called Twisted Hairs, it's clearly part of their tradition and they have the technology to do dreads"

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Lugubrious posted:

There's a ton of users like that and they all have millions of karma from reposting poo poo constantly. The most "famous" of them was GallowBoob, who has tens of millions of karma and regularly got caught (by users, admins do not give a gently caress) doing poo poo like deleting quickly rising posts then reposting them himself, and deleting comments criticizing him. He finally got mostly run off of reddit after an obvious sponsored post that was just the Netflix logo posted to r/oddlysatisfying or another one of those asinine subs that all overlap. Now he just posts on reddit once in a while and mostly just reposts stuff on Twitter.

Whenever I feel masochistic enough to browse r/all I use the browser add on that lets you tag users to tag anyone I notice with millions of karma. It's interesting what a huge proportion of r/all during prime time (mid to late afternoon in America) is posted by these power users - I've seen as much as 75% of the first page be by users I've tagged.

sucks that the blatant fuckery that killed digg isn't killing reddit

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

kntfkr posted:

Any reddit quote from a TV series is usually from the first couple of episodes. When I started watching Arrested Development way back when I was kind of surprised to find all of the commonly repeated reddit catch phrases are within the first two episodes. Same with Futurama. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people repeating them haven't even seen the show and are just repeating what they see others post.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
https://reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/ozkms4/this_month_marks_5_years_without_masturbation/

but why

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

i feel like monks who take a vow of silence don't go on reddit and be like "only couple people in my family and all of you now only know i didn't speak for 5 years"

not touching your dick though?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mac and Cheese posted:

i feel like monks who take a vow of silence don't go on reddit and be like "only couple people in my family and all of you now only know i didn't speak for 5 years"

not touching your dick though?

I feel like posting would violate a vow of silence, at least in spirit.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

goblin week posted:

I feel like posting would violate a vow of silence, at least in spirit.

Ehhh sign language doesn't break the vow, so I don't think poo poo posting does

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

WellWisher1999
5h
You are a LEGEND. Please come to India and give Indians some motivation and inspiration

Lmao wtf

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

rain dogs posted:

WellWisher1999
5h
You are a LEGEND. Please come to India and give Indians some motivation and inspiration

Lmao wtf

please dont go to india to teach indians to be even weirder about sex

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hope the OP enjoys prostate cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

god drat I fuckin love jokes and references and Reddit is the place to find them!