Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2021/aug/07/australia-covid-live-news-update-nsw-braces-for-case-surge-as-victoria-and-queensland-race-to-contain-delta-variant posted:

We have the toughest lockdown in the country at the present time. What is not happening is people are not complying ... If people don’t comply, the community will continue to suffer.

Haha wow... The balls on the NSW Government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Cpt Soban posted:

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx

Yet scrolling through the list I'm seeing places like Supre and an Apple store being open.

It boggles the mind.

Those are in Newcastle, which wasn't yet in lockdown.

The vast majority of the people "infectious in the community" are "in the community" because they're working - stacking shelves, driving trucks, operating forklifts. Can't really shut all that down unless you think starvation is preferable to COVID spread.

They probably can and should be doing way more to splash cash all over western Sydney so that those people don't feel like they can't afford to get tested or miss work, but with Delta, who even knows if that's what's happening - they may very well be spreading it on before even being symptomatic.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I cant change my scheduled booking at the olympic park vaccination hub to get the AZ vax tomorrow because its determined i need pfizer and i cant change it.

goooooold standard

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

freebooter posted:

Those are in Newcastle, which wasn't yet in lockdown

This is why segmented LGA staggered lockdowns don't work. They're trying to chase Delta around long after its bolted. And I'm not against essential shops being open like woolies- But leaving random small businesses running is dumb. Even if in a "safe" suburb.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Of the Vic cases today, eight are a single family that were in a public housing building (they've just been moved). Not feeling great about our chances of dodging the bullet this time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Whole bunch of kids at a school tested positive :(

EDIT: Okay, the ABC24 chyron is saying 14 kids testing positive. Their site is saying one teacher testing positive and isolating for 14 days. Get your poo poo together ABC.

Also Dandrews needs to start holding his press conferences in places that don't look like freezing cold windy concrete hellscapes. Just watching this is making me want to put a jumper on.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 7, 2021

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
Armidale in lockdown. Two cases, one returned from Newcastle and 1 close contact. 7 days from 5pm today. Thanks Obama...er Gladys!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Went to Mosman today to take my partner to the optometrist (I stayed in the car). "What lockdown?" is the general feeling we had.
Yeah, people aren't taking it seriously, but why would they when the government hasn't really done well to instill the right mentality or the go far enough early enough with rules.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:dadjoke: everyone who has a job in this economy is an essential worker

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

post on your real account albo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

this is what happens when you run a service based economy i guess?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Cpt Soban posted:

This is why segmented LGA staggered lockdowns don't work. They're trying to chase Delta around long after its bolted. And I'm not against essential shops being open like woolies- But leaving random small businesses running is dumb. Even if in a "safe" suburb.

Newcastle isn't a "suburb" of Sydney.

What I think this actually shows is that they needed proper, permanent police checkpoints - the ring of steel is a dumb phrase but whatever - instead of going by Scout's honour to keep Sydneysiders in the city.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Gold standard ring

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freebooter posted:

Newcastle isn't a "suburb" of Sydney.
If it was they wouldn't be redirecting our loving vaccines

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think I ever heard the phrase "LGA" before things started going pear shaped in NSW

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also Dandrews needs to start holding his press conferences in places that don't look like freezing cold windy concrete hellscapes. Just watching this is making me want to put a jumper on.

Don't think it'd be a good look for him to leave Melbourne right now...

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
All the other state premiers need to start openly calling NSW out on this loving bullshit. Just blame Gladys and Scomo for the whole thing and pile on.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

He could just cross the road to Fitzroy gardens and do it in the conservatory with all the lovely ferns
Probably not covid safe now that I think about it

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Amoeba102 posted:

Went to Mosman today to take my partner to the optometrist (I stayed in the car). "What lockdown?" is the general feeling we had.
Yeah, people aren't taking it seriously, but why would they when the government hasn't really done well to instill the right mentality or the go far enough early enough with rules.

Bizarrely the Blue Mountains are just about 100% masks and checking in with proper social distancing and a bunch of people been vandalising the signs the handful of nutjob antivaxxers been peppering the place with as fast as they get put up. Never expected it'll be taken so seriously up here

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Not shown: freezing wind

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That’s just Melbourne.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

All the other state premiers need to start openly calling NSW out on this loving bullshit. Just blame Gladys and Scomo for the whole thing and pile on.

Once again, daddy McGowan is leading the way

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Paul Barry got hit by a car on the way to work, well cooked:

https://twitter.com/TheRealPBarry/status/1423773530143952896

Media Watch is the only thing I watch on free-to-air telly so this sucks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Paul Barry got hit by a car on the way to work, well cooked:

https://twitter.com/TheRealPBarry/status/1423773530143952896

Media Watch is the only thing I watch on free-to-air telly so this sucks.

Read this as Paul Murray and thought there’s no way that loving whale even owns a bike

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/mckinnon_a/status/1423584462244253709

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

where's the loving mashed potato, albo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Better send it back, some of the McCains peas and corn are touching

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That steak is a war crime.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

where's the loving mashed potato, albo

Palealbo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I get that he's an old person and old people like just a pile of plain boiled peas sometimes, but a pile of boiled tinned corn is very weird to me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This looks like the kind of dinner that real Aussie families would eat when I went over and I'd complain to my mum about later.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Have booked in for a Pfizer in Vic under the proviso that I'm a carer for my immunocompromised phase 1b partner - they've changed this at some point, it previously specifically excluded people who were "just" family members from the definition of unpaid carer, so worth checking out for anyone in a similar situation.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

JBP posted:

This looks like the kind of dinner that real Aussie families would eat when I went over and I'd complain to my mum about later.

I feel really bad for those kids who become a vegetarian in highschool and just get served the plain peas and corn and boiled cauliflower out of spite and then get anemia

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 7, 2021

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

JBP posted:

I mean, what even is this? I know people who would serve this to me, but I wouldn't serve this to someone. For one, waaaay too many peas and corn. I'm going to ignore the steak because I don't like steak, but even if I didn't I'm aware some people would call it a warcrime. It's missing at least one other element, not to mention... sauce? Seasoning? loving flavour?

Come on Albo, you can do better than this sad meal on a plate.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Today I woke up, saw 29 cases, decided to get the AZ vax, searched for clinics, found one and had a vax in my arm by 1.30pm

If you're at all considering it and you're like me and not in the age range for Pfizer yet, just thought it might be good to know that it's really simple to get one

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Warcrime's a bit much, it's just a steak someone didn't really give a poo poo about, and if there's one thing we know about Albo it's that he doesn't give a poo poo about much

E: including warcrimes

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 7, 2021

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Spend a good chunk of today trying to figure out *how* to even sign up for a Pfizer in NSW given we're both immune-compromised and have had it heavily recommended over AZ by our docs due to a lot of complications, and jesus christ how dare the LNP blame people for being unvaccinated? Every single remotely close location is all booked out and not even taking future bookings, and beyond that being surrounded by recent cases while we have weak immune-systems is heavy impetus to not go out anyway. What do we even do at this point?

Also minorly miffed that we have no way of getting more snake food without going face first into the heavier covid spots nearby but that's not exactly as important as the little bastard hasn't eaten all winter anyway and probably won't until spring kicks in proper.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's what all the mice are for!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's what all the mice are for!

I keep eating them but I still don't have antibodies apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The only reason Anthony albanese has been in the news besides some Luke warm cash 4 jabs is a lovely steak and veg.