Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Crypto always reminds me of Beavis & Butthead selling each other school fundraiser candy bars for the same $2. Not because the analogy fits crypto but due to the blissful lack of awareness fitting perfectly.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Another Bitcoin billboard went up near my neighborhood, this one states that Bitcoin has stable and predictable inflation.

Caught the website that is advertising it as well, bitcoin.guide

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Spazzle posted:

Each tether is backed by a dollar. Its just that they are all backed by the same dollar.
Almost choked on my food while reading this and chortling. Reported!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Zil posted:

Another Bitcoin billboard went up near my neighborhood, this one states that Bitcoin has stable and predictable inflation.

Caught the website that is advertising it as well, bitcoin.guide

This feels like the volcano insurance guy from family guy.

We've had stable and predictable inflation for like 35 - 40 years.
Well, don't you think we're over due.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mooseontheloose posted:

This feels like the volcano insurance guy from family guy.

We've had stable and predictable inflation for like 35 - 40 years.
Well, don't you think we're over due.

It's at 5% this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Read the whole thread, I'd say it goes places but it starts places and just keeps going

https://twitter.com/wheatpond/status/1423738715474694151?s=19

drk
Jan 16, 2005
:godwin: is alive and well

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

It's at 5% this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that's amusing about this is that coiners don't appear to be able to differentiate between cost-push and demand-pull inflation. It's just another number that goes up, but it's bad instead of good for this number to go up.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Has anyone in modern history thought out a Holocaust analogy to something that is not even tangentially related to genocide, written it down, looked at what they've written and thought "probably not a good idea to make this analogy"? Because I'm not sure this has ever happened

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

low key sex master posted:

Has anyone in modern history thought out a Holocaust analogy to something that is not even tangentially related to genocide, written it down, looked at what they've written and thought "probably not a good idea to make this analogy"? Because I'm not sure this has ever happened

I think you're right. The simple act of making an analogy to the Holocaust for something that isn't the systematic destruction of a people or culture already presupposes ignorance about the atrocities of the Holocaust. As soon as any pressure at all is applied to the gas pedal, the bad idea is at full speed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"What's the worst thing I can possibly compare to this thing I do not like? I know, the Holocaust," muses a gigantic idiot.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

waydownLo posted:

The thing that's amusing about this is that coiners don't appear to be able to differentiate between cost-push and demand-pull inflation. It's just another number that goes up, but it's bad instead of good for this number to go up.

Or averages for that matter.

5% this year!!!!

What was it last year?

INFLATION BAD.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/wheatpond/status/1423954126573117442?s=19

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yes, the "Jews" who absolutely exist, and probably live in Canada so you can't meet them, really feel the same way about financial reforms compared with genocide. Definitely.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

"All my Jewish friends are worried, yeah they are just offscreen worrying with me as well"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Wow, an impressive "the minority population I offended all secretly support me" double-down.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
This got me thinking what Nathan For You would do on cryptocurrency or NFTs.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

"it's the only coin which commemorates the holocaust"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

priznat posted:

This got me thinking what Nathan For You would do on cryptocurrency or NFTs.

"I will sell you this "picture of Mona Lisa" "

*piece of paper says "picture of Mona Lisa" *

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey now, I'm quite sure Israel has its own population of absolute freaks who are into Bitcoin.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alan Smithee posted:

"I will sell you this "picture of Mona Lisa" "

*piece of paper says "picture of Mona Lisa" *

Yeah crypto is almost too dumb and ridiculous for that show even lmao.

I bet Nathan could come up with some good poo poo though.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Imagine someone becoming homeless by unironically buying at least 6 figures worth of hitlercoin and having at least 90% of the "value" gone within the next day

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

EorayMel posted:

Imagine someone becoming homeless by unironically buying at least 6 figures worth of hitlercoin and having at least 90% of the "value" gone within the next day

And then some coiners can buy a few more multi-million $hitlerbux watches

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

”EorayMel” posted:

90% of the :airquote:"value":airquote:gone

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 8, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
ah yes, the number of people who DM'd him

zero is a number

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004
https://whale-alert.io/transaction/tron/c1d856e7cab669ea40705ccc20c324d382cc5235ac621e79720948a5fc61c922

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

one person purchased 1B USDT?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

punishedkissinger posted:

one person purchased 1B USDT?

Or was it just a tether infusion?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBXbIjBt9k
This is pretty poggers. Bitcoin is the future and we're here for it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Are you a very badly programmed bot that posts "memes" that are pathetic attempts at astroturfing, or are you an easily impressed idiot?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Imagine having to label your youtube video "meme" because it's so transparently a shill.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Poggers?

The gently caress

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

tehinternet posted:

Poggers?

The gently caress

salt shakeup is very, very, very dumb. Very.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

It's got all a growing coiner needs: it's got memes, it's got anime, it's got third generation 4chan faces (so it isn't scary anymore). God damnit I love how I can clairvoyantly see far ahead enough to predict the bitcoin singularity and the fall of centuries of financial institutions but constantly serve as a cash cow for pump and dump scams. GOD DAMNIT I LOVE THE BITS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He just posts funny bitcoin vids to laugh at. I don't understand why you're mad at him.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
This is clearly good for bitcoin because,

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1424558384335015939

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

One could make (a very stupid argument) that if the US government is acknowledging bitcoin, then its legitimate ergo TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Lol, which idiot brought this av and thought it was an own and not the most pathetic attempt at evangelism ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

kw0134 posted:

Lol, which idiot brought this av and thought it was an own and not the most pathetic attempt at evangelism ever.

someone who's been buying a few of them it seems. i wonder who it could be