Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Phlegmish posted:

It took me a while before I figured out the presumably intended meaning of 'cut out of your life'

I’d rather live in a world where Jennifer Aniston took up vigilante slashing to curb antivaxxers tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Reiche posted:

I’d rather live in a world where Jennifer Aniston took up vigilante slashing to curb antivaxxers tbh

Yes, but their tires or their throats? These are import details that we need to know.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They caught the unicorn bandits
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/08/06/operation-unicorn-shane-phillips-marie-roman-adrian-quintana/

“The investigation was dubbed ‘Operation Unicorn’ because of the [group’s] affection for unicorns (drawings, figurines, etc.), which were found throughout the investigation and helped tie the crimes together,” the sheriff’s office said.

Shane

Marie

and Adrian

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Aug 7, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Even the Riddler would give those nerds a fuckin wedgie.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1423932296370008064

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

In German linguistics class at uni, the go-to sample sentence to include subject and object was 'Der Mann schlägt das Pferd' ('The man is beating the horse'), presumably inspired by the infamous nervous breakdown Friedrich Nietzsche suffered when he saw a man beating a horse on a market square. After the umpteenth usage of the sample sentence, I recall my professor muttering 'Immer wieder das fürchterliche Beispiel!' ('And always that horrible example!') - note that he himself had written the syllabus, so uh yeah.

Anyway, interesting to see Germany is continuing its proud intellectual tradition of horse abuse.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Pope Hilarius II posted:

In German linguistics class at uni, the go-to sample sentence to include subject and object was 'Der Mann schlägt das Pferd' ('The man is beating the horse'), presumably inspired by the infamous nervous breakdown Friedrich Nietzsche suffered when he saw a man beating a horse on a market square. After the umpteenth usage of the sample sentence, I recall my professor muttering 'Immer wieder das fürchterliche Beispiel!' ('And always that horrible example!') - note that he himself had written the syllabus, so uh yeah.

Anyway, interesting to see Germany is continuing its proud intellectual tradition of horse abuse.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
From what i gather, punching a horse is likely to hurt you more than the horse. That said, it's not a good example to set.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Last thread got deleted because it devolved into posting graphic pictures of dolphin pussy. Anyways I just want to address some concerns some people have had with my theory that a human with brass knuckles can beat up a horse. This theory is based on the idea that people can beat Dark Souls bosses while taking no damage just by running and rolling, things that any moderately fit human is capable of. Add to that the fact that horses are far weaker than Dark Souls bosses and it's hard to imagine how a smart and patient gamer isn't a horse's worst nightmare.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Horse punching is only good in Blazing Saddles. along with old lady punching.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phlegmish posted:

Last thread got deleted because it devolved into posting graphic pictures of dolphin pussy.

This counts as a weird news headline, imo

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Anti-masturbation dolphin mascot arrested for public masturbation? It seems not.

Meanwhile there is no dolphin pussy, just

In fact I keep finding sad dolphin news.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/news10nbc/status/1423126804274073604

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just made a terrible discovery, not one forum smilie is depicting bees!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

By popular demand posted:

That can't bee right.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlaNuXUJdIg

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Can the forum software still beecock posts, or did that go away with the load-bearing slurs?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Even the Riddler would give those nerds a fuckin wedgie.

Yeah but they're all replicants so what are you gonna do?

:ullerrm:, but only on a technicality

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was going to say but goons ARE bees, but then I remembered that's just EVE Online

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ACABbees

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

All Cops Are Bee-targs

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tunicate posted:

They caught the unicorn bandits
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/08/06/operation-unicorn-shane-phillips-marie-roman-adrian-quintana/

“The investigation was dubbed ‘Operation Unicorn’ because of the [group’s] affection for unicorns (drawings, figurines, etc.), which were found throughout the investigation and helped tie the crimes together,” the sheriff’s office said.

Shane

Marie

and Adrian

basically i booted up my AI and it did this:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1424059397349720072

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I was going to say but goons ARE bees, but then I remembered that's just EVE Online

Here's a weird headline, goons actually succeeding at something:

https://massivelyop.com/2021/08/03/eve-onlines-record-breaking-world-war-bee-2-has-seemingly-come-to-an-end/

It's turned into a full-blown rout and we're chasing them across the galaxy

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Crossposted from a post in Schad about a Spanish fascist dying from swallowing a bee:

Scratch Monkey posted:

Bees are comrades!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Found the footage:

https://youtu.be/mUR14_ry1Zo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scientists genetically alter daddy longlegs to have short legs
:byoscience:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok but it doesn't say how short the short legs were. Because if the short legs now are just regular spider length, that doesn't make them a daddy shortlegs, it just makes them a daddy legs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I didn't read it but I assume they're making the legs too short to reach the ground, effectively making daddylonglegs into useless little M&Ms who have to roll themselves around everywhere to get anything done. Why? SCIENCE

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phy posted:

Ok but it doesn't say how short the short legs were. Because if the short legs now are just regular spider length, that doesn't make them a daddy shortlegs, it just makes them a daddy legs.

It turned some of their legs into pedipalp foodlegs. That's gotta feel weird. Why do I have all these foodlegs?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Daddylonglegs but never daddyhotlegs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RichardAMann/status/1424042212959080449

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

It turned some of their legs into pedipalp foodlegs. That's gotta feel weird. Why do I have all these foodlegs?

If that's true, they should be thanking us for helping carcinization move just a little bit faster.

:crab:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Saw this live earlier. Yes he is naked and erect.

https://twitter.com/dailystar/status/1424544075265499137

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

But does it rank as a "monster"? we need a certifiable penis researcher ITT.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'I dropped my monster condom for my magnum dong' but in a really bad Scottish accent.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just tried it and my accent got away from me, last seen in those fictional eastern European shithole countries that are invented for cheap action flics.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

:pwn: in the upper right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Where do we find it cuz we all have to know now