Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
it can only be blessed that I discovered this thread the same day I realized my dispensary allows dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

tmfc posted:

i picked up the ddave mod kit for my arizer q and it's like an entirely different vape now. it just keeps hitting.

rippin' big fat chongers straight to the dome

Could you explain what is going on here? I got an arizer q as well so I'm mighty curious

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mayman10 posted:

Could you explain what is going on here? I got an arizer q as well so I'm mighty curious

the tube from arizer goes into the left size of the glass. you inhale through part in the middle of the picture, sucking the vapor through that water

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Javid posted:

it can only be blessed that I discovered this thread the same day I realized my dispensary allows dogs

Good

Did they give the baby treats?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Mayman10 posted:

i am harry posted:

the tube from arizer goes into the left size of the glass. you inhale through part in the middle of the picture, sucking the vapor through that water

correct

the main part of the mod kit is the replacement bowl, which is much shorter and puts the weed much closer to the heating element so you get better efficiency:

beyond that it's just a standard whip with 18mm male joints on either end. one end (the metal end, which also has a basket screen in it) goes into the bowl, the other end goes into my bong:

load up the bowl, let it come up to temp and heat-soak for an additional 5-10 mins, then just start puffin' on it. you can take ridiculous hits. this is all vapor, no combustion:

https://i.imgur.com/x0WG2R7.mp4

muted cuz i coughed like a baby :smithcloud:

the kit was like $70 which is pretty steep imo but it does come with a bunch of spare screens, a spare bowl, the whip and a bunch of other little accessories and poo poo. google ddave adapter

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

also the other end of the metal 18mm adapter is sized to fit a dynavap tip, so it doubles as an indestructible wpa for dynavap

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ugh, I suppose I need to clean up the jar bong I have in pieces and get it going again

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
funkadelic is really good when you're high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dun-AL68bik

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the tincture I've been using for the past couple weeks has improved my sleep greatly, drat

baby albatross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvLUVhzo5M

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Lovelyn posted:

Good

Did they give the baby treats?

He's picky and turns away in disgust from most dry crunchy treats, but he loves the walks anyway

Beg face!

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Oh drat so you're pulling the vape through the bong, that's some smart poo poo. That's gotta be incredibly smooth hits.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

:snoop::snoop::snoop:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

president biden enact the weed mandate

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Only a pre-print but definitely interesting, I'll give it a read through later. The abstract seems to suggest that only the 7-OH-CBD has the effects they mention. Hope they include some signaling pathway explanation or hypothesis in the full paper.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Mayman10 posted:

Oh drat so you're pulling the vape through the bong, that's some smart poo poo. That's gotta be incredibly smooth hits.

i do that with my arizer air and a significantly more traditional bong too, so you dont even have to go fancy with it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

what is up

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

^^drat that's a healthy plant^^

Veracity please I'm too tired

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Inspector Hound posted:

^^drat that's a healthy plant^^

Veracity please I'm too tired

pre-print, non peer reviewed, but https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7987002/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah i'm here for my cbd booster shot

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yes...yesss!!!

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

So it seems that other cannabinoids actually reduce the effectiveness of CBD through antagonistic binding. The method of delivery is still a big question as smoking/vaping isn't really the best when trying to treat a lung disease. Also the commercially available CBD products have such ranging quality and concentrations of CBD that they're pretty much useless since the EC50 needed in human blood plasma for there to be effective results is pretty high.

So really neat study and I'd be excited to see further research.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

The purity of CBD and, in particular, the composition of the materials labelled as CBD are also important, especially in light of our findings suggesting that other cannabinoids such as THC might act to counter CBD antiviral efficacy

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Please make sure the CBD energy shot from the gas station is 100% CBD

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i do that with my arizer air and a significantly more traditional bong too, so you dont even have to go fancy with it

:yeah:

pretty much every vape can be run through a bong if you try hard enough, and i certainly do

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Any must tries for a first time dispensary trip?

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:45 on Nov 30, 2023

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Purple chem

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I'm not really super into hybrids but my local store has an ounce of a hybrid that clocks in at 27% for a $115 CAD and I'm strongly considering it to get mega hosed up with

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Really tempted to get blasted off a .5g 35% preroll, though after a t-break it may kill me

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
realized that I'm killing like a gram and a half to two grams a day at this point and now I'm wondering if I might in fact smoke too much weed

it's not a financial concern or anything I'm just wondering if maybe I need to take a day or two off and drop my tolerances a bit or if I should just ride the spliff express to snoop dogg town

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Kazinsal posted:

realized that I'm killing like a gram and a half to two grams a day at this point and now I'm wondering if I might in fact smoke too much weed

it's not a financial concern or anything I'm just wondering if maybe I need to take a day or two off and drop my tolerances a bit or if I should just ride the spliff express to snoop dogg town

I realized I was smoking way too much when I killed a 1/2 oz in about 3 weeks or so, that and when I had to take 100mg of some edibles to feel something. Can't do any wrong by taking a break, makes the return that much sweeter.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

no you aren’t. get concentrates and put them on top of the weed and smoke it

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:44 on Nov 30, 2023

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
tried out monstercropping and so far it’s a trip

them leaves look interesting

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Red Baron posted:

tried out monstercropping and so far it’s a trip

them leaves look interesting

I made a grave mistake by thinking young plants could tolerate freezing conditions and covered some outside with a container overnight in April. they were small and just getting their feet.
all the leaves turned purple. over four months i tried to nurse them back to health and when one of them recovered it looked like this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Are you sure you didn't plant mint by mistake

Happens to the best of us

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

had a quick look about monster cropping - cloning a flowering plant and pushing it back into veg…

the people talking about it said they’ve seen it take 3-4weeks to sprout roots and the simple solution to that is shove them into a hydroponic system as soon as they’re cut. there’s almost nothing I’ve tried to clone yet that hasn’t worked, down to random sticks of rosemary from the grocery store, lettuce ends, and a twig off a raspberry bush. should see root growth in under two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

are you smoking-smoking? changing to a flower vape would at least make your habit more efficient

I use a flower vape but it's kind of a cheap one and the temperature settings aren't terribly granularg. I have it set to 200 C, should I be running it lower?