Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And all the roots you can dig out the hard earth with your bare hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's pretty obvious over the last year or so that Tom Brady has way more personality and humor than any of us thought. Bill Belichek robbed us all of 20 years of that. I know most people won't agree but even as a Cleveland fan I can see that he seems to be having more fun now, and the world could use more fun.

I am not saying he's perfect, before everyone jumps on that whole thing

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Bread's got a lot of calories, so as much as I love it, I try to cut it out so I can eat more filling food. Rice and mixed veggies and broccoli with hunks of chicken breast cooks with an egg or two in my instapot makes for an enormous, filling set of meals for almost two days with very little in the way of calories.

I lost a lot of weight cutting bread and soda out of my diet alone.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mauser posted:

What is with fad diets hating on bread so much? Bread is delicious and I make it every other day

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

Bread's got a lot of calories, so as much as I love it, I try to cut it out so I can eat more filling food. Rice and mixed veggies and broccoli with hunks of chicken breast cooks with an egg or two in my instapot makes for an enormous, filling set of meals for almost two days with very little in the way of calories.

I lost a lot of weight cutting bread and soda out of my diet alone.

Is rice all that different, nutritionally speaking, from bread? Assuming white rice vs white bread, or whole grain vs brown.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not that different but bread is more readily available than cooked rice in most western houses.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is rice all that different, nutritionally speaking, from bread? Assuming white rice vs white bread, or whole grain vs brown.

I get more servings out of the same number of calories of rice than I do from bread, and I can do more with it. It's also more filling.

Edit: Also rice is crazy goddamn cheap and doesn't get moldy on me if I don't finish the bag in a week.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

In summation: millet pancakes are where it's at.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Flyinglemur posted:

It's pretty obvious over the last year or so that Tom Brady has way more personality and humor than any of us thought. Bill Belichek robbed us all of 20 years of that. I know most people won't agree but even as a Cleveland fan I can see that he seems to be having more fun now, and the world could use more fun.

I am not saying he's perfect, before everyone jumps on that whole thing

I was just saying this exact thing to my friend the other day. Belichick just seems like a black hole of a personality that drags in all fun and humanity from the players around him. Playing on the Patriots seems like being stuck in detention for months at a time.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

There's something you don't see every day (unless you live next door).

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I've been eating homemade bread. No sugar added like all that store bought stuff. Just flour, salt, yeast, and water.

*checks waist*

Oh...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

spookygonk posted:

For when you need to make it difficult to determine the speed and heading of your house.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mauser posted:

What is with fad diets hating on bread so much? Bread is delicious and I make it every other day

They hate circuses too.

Robin Williams has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Aug 7, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

spookygonk posted:

You know what the difference is between you and me, Grover? I make this look good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

spookygonk posted:

KANEDAAAAAAA
GROOOOOOBERU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Paladinus posted:

KANEDAAAAAAA
GROOOOOOBERU

lmao

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

spookygonk posted:

Can't decide if this is out of Inception or Dr Strange

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This thread is just making me hungry now.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, I love the taste of windows too. I could lick them all day

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

spookygonk posted:

First thought: oh, interesting

Second thought: cleaning and climate control must be a bitch.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

gbut posted:

sugar added like all that store bought stuff

do americans really do this?
i've heard that the line between bread and cake is somewhat blurred over there

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Jesus gently caress, not this again.

No, American store-bought bread is not sweet. It is not cake. Sugar in small amounts works as a preservative in bread. That's all it is.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's just American bread that's like cake.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

No, please, I want to hear a bunch of Europeans talk about their breads.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
American bread is unbelievably sweet and anyone who says otherwise is a diabetic with huge tits that lactate corn syrup.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

American bread is unbelievably sweet and anyone who says otherwise is a diabetic with huge tits that lactate corn syrup.

...if you only define "American bread" as "The most basic white Wonderbread".

There are 500 different kinds of bread at every American grocery store, and even in the Wal-Mart store brand there's cheap, whole grain, organic bread where sugar is like the 14th ingredient.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sugar is the 14th ingredient because fructose, sucrose, dextrose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, and molasses are listed higher.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Sugar is the 14th ingredient because fructose, sucrose, dextrose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, and molasses are listed higher.

Keep talking out of your rear end

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's so funny that Americans refuse to accept that their bread tastes like cupcakes and their chocolate tastes like vomit.

Lay off the all corn syrup diet for like a month and you'll realize how grotesque pretty much everything in the grocery store is.

Eat a raw plant, y'all. You won't die. I promise.

Imagined posted:

LOL that you had to find a bread full of calorie dense fatty seeds to avoid the truth.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Imagined posted:

You're replying to a trolly joke but I am the pedant who clicked through and is laughing your example of low sugar bread is 7% added sugar by weight after cooking in a type of food that is traditionally 0-1%.

Its fine, it stores well and is a more pleasing texture for the local food culture. But its gonna run sweet if you make your own or shop at a traditional bakery.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Shut up about bread and post something else, please. I will not hesitate to hand out bread sixers.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Quoting for beard sixer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
you know what's great after wonderbread? Deforestation!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Imagined posted:

Lmao y u mad tho?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The great bread derail of 2021

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Shut up about bread and post something else, please. I will not hesitate to hand out bread sixers.

Bread you, pal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Breaking Bad, but they bake bread. It could be called Breading Bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I just literally realized Breaking Bad is the perfect anagram for Baking Bread :aaa: