Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I just literally realized Breaking Bad is the perfect anagram for Baking Bread :aaa:

Illuminati confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The new bread fad is French Reverse Atkins. I tried it, but it was a pain in the rear end.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Pfft, you just add salt to the bread to counteract the sugar you dummys.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Imagined posted:

Keep talking out of your rear end

lmao even in this "healthy" wholegrain bread it's the fourth ingredient, right behind water, which is going to be like 30-40% of the weight of the bread. That should tell you exactly how much sugar is going into your bread.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How the gently caress does bread have so many ingredients?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hunting and gathering is deceptively simple sounding

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

How the gently caress does bread have so many ingredients?

Looks like it's seeded bread and that's mostly just the list of seeds. And the word "organic" a million times.

A more concise list is: flour, seeds, water, sugar, gluten, fibre, yeast, salt, oil, molasses, vinegar, another kind of flour, acid and enzymes.

Which is still a lot for bread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol at water being an ingredient

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just buy bread from a bakery. Problem solved. If you don't live in the US then why the hell do you even care? Or is this an :smug:Americans:smug: thing?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Good luck making bread without adding any.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If American bread is like cake then European cake is like bread :xd:

I'll keep my good cake lol

It's ok that you like different bread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Here's your birthday wonder loaf

Why are you so sad

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Robobot posted:

Just buy bread from a bakery. Problem solved. If you don't live in the US then why the hell do you even care? Or is this an :smug:Americans:smug: thing?

Look, when you're British, there aren't a lot of other countries you can look down on and mock

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Tenebrais posted:

Look, when you're British, there aren't a lot of other countries you can look down on and mock

The bread flour I buy has Comic Sans on the packet. Please, just let me have this :britain:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

I can't eat anything with water in it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ironic, really.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Traditonally this has not stopped us.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

bread sixer for me too please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/FjzFaaX.mp4

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

bike tory posted:

lmao even in this "healthy" wholegrain bread it's the fourth ingredient, right behind water, which is going to be like 30-40% of the weight of the bread. That should tell you exactly how much sugar is going into your bread.

i dont think you know how percentages work, ingredients are listed in order of most to least, the 4th ingredient literally cannot be more than 25% of it

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Indecisive posted:

i dont think you know how percentages work, ingredients are listed in order of most to least, the 4th ingredient literally cannot be more than 25% of it

They're confusing bread and dough (which can be as much as 50% water by weight). Most of the water evaporates while baking.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What the hell am I looking at? Did they just throw the corpse of the winner on the podium? Or is it a protest thing?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's Sajad Ganjzadeh, who was facing Tareg Hamedi in the Olympic karate event. Ganjzadeh got KO'd by a kick to the head, the kick was deemed too forceful, and the guy who got slept won by default. So people have been having fun with it

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Wait?

So someone hit someone hard, in a hit the the other person hard contest, and lost because they hit hard.

lol.

sports

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Meskhenet posted:

Wait?

So someone hit someone hard, in a hit the the other person hard contest, and lost because they hit hard.

lol.

sports

It's a hit someone skillfully contest. Sports have rules.

Lol.

Idiots

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's more like fencing than MMA. You win by style points, not whooping your opponent's rear end.

Same as Olympic boxing. Mike Tyson would have been disqualified for his famous one hitters.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

next you'll tell me that "first blood" in the fencing doesn't actually involve blood? Olympic snowflakes these days, honestly...

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Bro, there aren't even any fences involved, just some dudes with floppy swords

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

Wait?

lol.

sports

It's Olympic martial arts, not MMA. Olympic boxing is much the same:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_boxing

quote:

This type of competition prizes point-scoring blows, based on number of clean punches landed, rather than physical power.

Edit: for that matter, I can remember reading an account from an Olympic athlete of I think Taekwondo who got the poo poo beat out of them in a fight because they'd trained all their life to pull their punches and kicks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Olympic martial arts are a joke and no one takes them seriously

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I thought Olympic level judo was pretty well respected. But that doesn't involve punches, so is more like wrestling in that way.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Lol.

Idiots

Sports do not have rules.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Robobot posted:

I thought Olympic level judo was pretty well respected. But that doesn't involve punches, so is more like wrestling in that way.

Olympic judo and wrestling have been the base for some of the best MMA fighters ever and also Ronda Rousey.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Biplane posted:

Sports [...] rules.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Lol.

Idiots

Thats even more garbage that what i was expecting.

They should make like olympic golf, where you dont win by hitting the ball in the hole with the least amount of shots, but by the interpretive dance you do before each hole.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
JOOOOOOOOCKS!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"If an MMA fighter could beat them in an MMA fight then it is a fake joke sport" is the dumbest loving take but still somehow so widespread.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you couldn't actually win a fight in real life with it, it's not a martial art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure any of these Olympic karate people could kick my rear end in real life so congrats, that's definitely a real martial art.