Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/ozy7r0/all_your_inazuma_pain_in_one_video/

Okay this was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Draxion posted:

No the reason it goes to bennett is because it's funny to give the unluckiest boy in the world a cursed sword

I don't know any of the lore behind Bennett but the thumbs up in his burst is so wholesome and gets me every time

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

:golfclap:

I have yet to "properly" solve one of those cube puzzles, I think half of them I solved by having Razor ult spamming on mobs nearby and accidentally brute forcing the solution.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Good god I see my life flashing before my eyes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seeing venti's burst fail to work on enemies gives me pleasure actually

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat, there are some bleak quests in Inazuma. Giving Albert and Childish Jiang a run for their money.

Wasn't sure if this 3 kairagi fight was supposed to be so easy. All the guides on Youtube cut out the fight part for some reason :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/vAUkw26.mp4

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

I don't know any of the lore behind Bennett but the thumbs up in his burst is so wholesome and gets me every time

Bennett's story is also very wholesome. He is a pure hearted boy, and the world constantly shits on him for it, but he stays good. He is the only character who earnestly believes Fischl's stories. He thinks she's a special magic princess. :3:

Edit: He also thinks Razor is the chillest dude he's ever met. He teaches Razor how to barbecue and Razor tries to teach him how to howl

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 8, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Bennett's story is also very wholesome. He is a pure hearted boy, and the world constantly shits on him for it, but he stays good. He is the only character who earnestly believes Fischl's stories. He thinks she's a special magic princess. :3:

Edit: He also thinks Razor is the chillest dude he's ever met. He teaches Razor how to barbecue and Razor tries to teach him how to howl

I think Bennet's hangouts are the best out of all of them and really sell him as a character. If you haven't done his yet, I highly recommend it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Are there any secret tips for managing to get a pyro swirl when you're running Diluc/XQ with an anemo support? (Other than doing it at the start of the fight before Xingqiu's swords are out.) He's just so dang good at applying hydro status that it gets in the way.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

drat, there are some bleak quests in Inazuma. Giving Albert and Childish Jiang a run for their money.

Wasn't sure if this 3 kairagi fight was supposed to be so easy. All the guides on Youtube cut out the fight part for some reason :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/vAUkw26.mp4

it's only hard if one of them falls off the mountain and gets stuck trying to walk his way back. I tried teleporting away, and coming back, but he was still there. Ended up having to log off and log back on to rekill him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Are there any secret tips for managing to get a pyro swirl when you're running Diluc/XQ with an anemo support? (Other than doing it at the start of the fight before Xingqiu's swords are out.) He's just so dang good at applying hydro status that it gets in the way.
I generally do it after Bennett E+Q or after Diluc's Q.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Get the pyro element applied to yourself. Bennett's burst and then use anemo. Or set done nearby grass on fire.
I don't think it's possible to apply both pyro and hydro to yourself though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Space Opera posted:

:golfclap:

I have yet to "properly" solve one of those cube puzzles, I think half of them I solved by having Razor ult spamming on mobs nearby and accidentally brute forcing the solution.

I don't even know how they work. I should probably look it up because I still need that split island one.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don't even know how they work. I should probably look it up because I still need that split island one.
Hitting one changes that one and any adjacent ones. For the split island, it changes the one next to it and the one across from it on the other island.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

ninjoatse.cx posted:

There's two types: getting the cubes to face the same direction, or getting the cube faces to have the same number of petals. Usually, hitting one cube will also change the ones adjacent to it, but there are some exceptions on a puzzle-by-puzzle basis.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

You want them all to face the same direction or have the same lights lit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There's also the put-a-Zhongli-stele-up-and-let-fate-decide route.

Anyway, I just finished the Sakura quest, and :drat:. Also, good thing the catalyst looks like poo poo because I'm never gonna be able to craft it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'll give up an Amber refinement to make it, in order to honor the memory of my friend

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Space Opera posted:

I think Bennet's hangouts are the best out of all of them and really sell him as a character. If you haven't done his yet, I highly recommend it.

what are hangouts and how do I do them?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hiddenriverninja posted:

what are hangouts and how do I do them?

They're little narrative-focused story quests about just chilling with one character.
They're shoved into a tab on the story-keys menu (which is in the bottom left corner of the quest menu), and each one costs 2 story keys to unlock (aka 4 days of dailies).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rainslasher, i knew it...

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1424218964348088324?s=20

it turns out my weapon encyclopedia says i never got one of these. and also that i did get a twin nephrite at some point but no longer have any (oops). anyway, the lithic spear taught me the hard truth about rolling for a single 4* weapon so i'll just settle

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I think you gotta be around AR rank 25 and past a chunk of the main story for the hang out events and character side stories as well

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh right, Rainslasher has EM on it. I leveled one up to like 60 or 70 when I was young and stupid thinking it might be something for Beidou. It's time has come!

EDIT: I think this was already confirmed or at least leaked for awhile but image confirmation of Yoimiya's banner.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 8, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh no im trying ayaka out in the trial and she's pretty dang fun aaaaa

i was excited to be all 'lets get yoimiya and her weapon' but i already have a skyward blade and getting a second is like ridiculously bad so I think I should just throw away those wishes and see if I get lucky on ayaka.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why did i make and refine a katsuragi slasher

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If there was a clear visual representation of which cubes flipped which other cubes then the logic of the puzzles would be straightforward. But there isn't so you have to use trial to memorize the behavior of which cubes flip what other cubes and then with that accurate memory reason out the correct way to reach a solution. It's a bit tricky yeah.

I like Inazuma though. Excellent music. Great visual design. Mean dudes. And you can be a huge dick with geo MC

kater
Nov 16, 2010

? they flip the ones closest to them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

A lot of them do that, but it depends on the puzzle.

Like in one of the Sakura dungeons I did today, there's 5 in a row:

A-B-C-D-E

A moves A/C
B moves A/B/C
C moves A/C/E
D moves C/D/E
E moves C/E

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh right, Rainslasher has EM on it. I leveled one up to like 60 or 70 when I was young and stupid thinking it might be something for Beidou. It's time has come!

EDIT: I think this was already confirmed or at least leaked for awhile but image confirmation of Yoimiya's banner.

Seems like an easy skip unless either Yoimiya and/or Sayu turn out to be overtly overpowered.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sanctum posted:

If there was a clear visual representation of which cubes flipped which other cubes then the logic of the puzzles would be straightforward. But there isn't so you have to use trial to memorize the behavior of which cubes flip what other cubes and then with that accurate memory reason out the correct way to reach a solution. It's a bit tricky yeah.

I like Inazuma though. Excellent music. Great visual design. Mean dudes. And you can be a huge dick with geo MC

For the love of God, Montesor!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

dogsicle posted:

why did i make and refine a katsuragi slasher

isnt it an ayaka weaponoko

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Flair posted:

Seems like an easy skip unless either Yoimiya and/or Sayu turn out to be overtly overpowered.

I want one Sayu for the crystalfly stealth passive and maybe one more for C1 since that seems as important to her as Bennett's is to him. But my next event 5* is guaranteed so I don't wanna risk pulling Yoimiya, who seems fine but I have no real use for.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I used my pity on Ayaka so I'm not too afraid of an accidental 5*.

Unless this turns into the one time I actually win a 50/50.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol just remembered Yoimiya's passive is a partial refund when crafting certain furniture

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

The puzzles and platforming in Inazuma have been a vast improvement imo. I do think they highlight how the maximum zoom distance is way too low, though.

The only puzzle type I dislike is the "connect the two electro tower things" one. Those can be finicky and a pain of trial and error.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The one puzzle I was slightly peeved at was one of the light up cube sets that was split between the beach and an island off in the distance you had to electrograpple to. Was a bit obnoxious to spend that time going back and forth to get the cubes lined up right.

I think I got lucky with this because the puzzle instantly completed after hitting the isolated cube once (and hitting the first two cubes randomly a few times before finding the third).

TV Zombie posted:

There's a furry animal that appears in Inazuma. Does it serve any purpose? I thought it would be like the golden animal in Liyue where you can chase and hit it for coins but I don't think it's dropped coins unless I missed seeing it.

You follow it a few times and then it transforms into one of several things (maybe more than this, but these three are the ones I remember): electro tower (the ones you shoot with electro), a torch that you have to light up with pyro, and one of those columns of stones you have to break.

Doing that then usually gives you a couple 1-2* artifacts.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Apparently things have gotten so bad in the community that TenTen had to come out of his vacation to make a video telling people to STOP making GBS threads on others for rolling for Yoimiya because they like her.

As someone who is gonna roll for her regardless: I hope to god this makes them buff her because as much as it won't make any real difference to me clearing Abyss if she's bad. Right now she seriously looks like a bottom 5 unit out of all the units in the entire game.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She kind of looks like the Xinyan of 5* Pyros. Like not irredeemably bad, but a lot of glaring design flaws.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it would be really funny if they buffed her without telling anyone and she ends up being amazing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Give her 0 ICD reactions on her normals. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just pull for characters you like and see yourself using, it's not even this complicated.

Even then you might not end up using them anyway because you hate the meta recommending them all the time.