Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pretty confident in my Justin Jefferson keeper, who I got in the 10th round last season and therefore costs me an eight rounder.

Considering that Adam Thielen isn't vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Pretty confident in my Justin Jefferson keeper, who I got in the 10th round last season and therefore costs me an eight rounder.

Even if Danny Etling is throwing the ball?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whoever recommended doing trade backs to acquire more mid-round picks in startup drafts - I sorta tried it out for myself. I had three 8th rounders and have four 11th rounders coming up in this Best Ball Dynasty PPR Superflex league that I joined via this thread, and the only future pick I gave away was my 2024 1st rounder.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Ayudo posted:

We have a few open teams for the Chubbs and Johnsons Dynasty League.

The open teams are:
1. Andrew Luck Retirement Center
2. Team PUP List
3. :3
4. Piss Tape is Real

League is 0.5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST with 24 man rosters and 16 keepers per year.

Check out the Season 9 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937060

Post if you have any interest in joining up.

Still recruiting for our goon dynasty league. Hop in the thread if you're interested.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I finally convinced my longest running league to switch from lovely weekly resetting waiver order to FAAB. I am ready for some football!! :feelsgood:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

for my keeper league I have Jefferson (who counts as a 8 round pick as well) and Darren Waller (who counts as a round 9). Feeling great about those, and I won last year so I get picks 12 + 13. Thats very up in the air in terms of choice at this point.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone know when 12 team drafts start on Underdog? Only have slow drafts for 12 team right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Our superflex dynasty draft started Monday. It's a slow draft with no time limit, voted that way by the fact that a lot of owners are newish dads.

Well the first loving guy has yet to pick and it's Friday. How hard is it to type in Trevor Lawrence? I pick fourth and I'm hoping to make a selection before training camp is over

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That's why commish should've said, "we'll start with no time limit but if it starts to drag, we'll put in a 24 hour clock"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sourdough posted:

That's why commish should've said, "we'll start with no time limit but if it starts to drag, we'll put in a 24 hour clock"

I don't get why you wouldn't at least have that to begin with. It's not that loving hard to get in a pick in one day.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Our superflex dynasty draft started Monday. It's a slow draft with no time limit, voted that way by the fact that a lot of owners are newish dads.

Well the first loving guy has yet to pick and it's Friday. How hard is it to type in Trevor Lawrence? I pick fourth and I'm hoping to make a selection before training camp is over

Man this is why you have a clock. Every platform supports having a que so if you can't make it have dudes qued up and potentially someone you want.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
25 hour timer that pauses overnight, so 32 hour timer! Just check once a day! It's not hard!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance all look like they're falling to me at 1.4. I have to take Lawrence, right? I can't galaxy brain this right? Superflex starts next season and I have one QB on my roster right now.

I really like Fields and Lance and was fine with either falling to me and never in my wildest dreams thought Lawrence would also fall. Chase, Harris and Pitts all went. These guys have no idea how important QB is going to be next season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lawrence, absolutely. It’s a no brainer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Lawrence, absolutely. It’s a no brainer.

This

Also, I'm tired of mocking, I want a real auction!

But I'm busy, so this will be best ball:

https://sleeper.app/i/V56aDYYWqMRZ

Launches shortly after 1 PM PST today

Winner gets the acknowledgment that they have the greatest balls of them all!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fields or Trey? That's my other question. I love Fields and think he will rock in Chicago in that offense with his skillset. But people tweeting about Trey in camp combined with all those weapons / coaching staff makes me pause.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Everything in me says Fields. I can't bring myself to trust Lance over him and it seems crazy that he went over Fields to begin with.

That said nobody loving knows how to evaluate between top qbs anymore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My heart says Fields too. But....

https://twitter.com/SamHustis/status/1423787953600352262

(and yes I know this is fake)

Also I took your advice. I talked the guy ahead of me into taking Trey Lance and then took Trevor Lawrence at 4. I am content.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 7, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

This

3 spots left. This is gonna be wild: Even I don't know how to do this optimally.

And it's best ball: Once the draft is done no effort is required: It takes your optimal lineup every week

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

This

Live draft starting in 30 minutes. Only two spots left. At the end, I will explain on twitch why my team is better than all of your teams.

kiimo posted:

Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance all look like they're falling to me at 1.4. I have to take Lawrence, right? I can't galaxy brain this right? Superflex starts next season and I have one QB on my roster right now.

I really like Fields and Lance and was fine with either falling to me and never in my wildest dreams thought Lawrence would also fall. Chase, Harris and Pitts all went. These guys have no idea how important QB is going to be next season.

I'm a complete Bears homer and Fields truther and I still go Lawrence. He's the best quarterback prospect since Luck.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What are thoughts on Barkley? Similar to my previous question about Hurts, but it seems like he is getting a first round ADP across the board (typically RB6-8ish or so), yet to me it feels like there is a ton of risk for him. Currently PUP, might miss early weeks of the season, might not be 100% when he does come back, and he is on a bad Giants team with a projected worst Oline in the league. I am mainly asking because after mapping out projected keepers in my keeper league, so many good players are kept that it is looking likely I will need to choose between him or another equally risky RB with the 6th or 9th overall pick since so many top players of each position are kept. He has the physical talents to be a top RB, but I am just not sure if this year is the year to use a 1st round pick on him, yet almost everywhere he is getting ranked as if he has not been injured.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

What are thoughts on Barkley? Similar to my previous question about Hurts, but it seems like he is getting a first round ADP across the board (typically RB6-8ish or so), yet to me it feels like there is a ton of risk for him. Currently PUP, might miss early weeks of the season, might not be 100% when he does come back, and he is on a bad Giants team with a projected worst Oline in the league. I am mainly asking because after mapping out projected keepers in my keeper league, so many good players are kept that it is looking likely I will need to choose between him or another equally risky RB with the 6th or 9th overall pick since so many top players of each position are kept. He has the physical talents to be a top RB, but I am just not sure if this year is the year to use a 1st round pick on him, yet almost everywhere he is getting ranked as if he has not been injured.

Let someone else grab him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

He's the only injury guy I'm willing to take a flyer on. History tells me he should be good to go at some point early in the season. I think they are just being cautious. I haven't heard about setbacks. Just that they're taking their time with him. I like him on the swing if he falls to me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

Maybe you're more pessimistic on his injury than other people, but to me low end RB1 feels like it's fairly pricing in the risk. He's got RB#1 upside and, injury worry aside, a strong floor. If he wasn't injured last year or had already been cleared from it, he'd be a lock for one of the top few picks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That reminds me that I've been debating what to do with my first few picks in my 12 man PPR league. I got the lucky draw to be the first one to pick which pick in the draft I wanted, so I picked first. I am keeping Swift for a 4th, Gibson for a 5th, and I am leaning towards keeping Diontae for my 6th (my research shows his ADP in PPR 12 man redraft to be in the 5th at the latest).

With those keepers I have 1.1, 2.12, 3.1 then lose those three picks then pick again at 7.1. Three to ten players from the top 25 may get kept (JJ, Gibson, Swift, maybe: Waller, DKM, AJB, Diggs, and Ridley) plus the Akers and MT injures thins the group out a bit. With the first pick I'm going to go CMC. With the 2.12 and 3.1 I was leaning top tier TE if still available (iffy with the potential for the top 25 to be thinned out, especially because a guy can keep Waller for a 4th) and a top tier WR. However I know some QBs can go that high in redraft - would you guys sacrifice a wideout from the top of the 3rd round for a Mahomes/Allen (he can be kept for a 7th so I'm guessing he wont be available)/Kyler tier QB? I was thinking I would wait for 7.1 to take a Stafford/Tannehill type guy instead.

We start 2 RBs and have 2 Flex so I'm also somewhat tempted to go with another RB if a guy like CEH (who a lot of people are sleeping on) falls to 3.1. WRs grow on trees so I'm sorely tempted to snatch up the RBs if they are there...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s no chance CEH falls to 3.1 in a keeper league.

Mahomes and Kyler should be gone by then too.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 8, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What do we think about Jalen Waddle? His yards per touchdown in college were astounding and I wonder if he has Hill qualities. Moore and Bateman and Javante also intrigue me.

Players left in dynasty and I'm considering trading into position to take one. I have no glaring needs. Ignore the order

Zach Wilson
Javante Williams
Travis Etinne
Jalen Waddle
Elijah Moore
Rashod Bateman
Macorkle Jones
Trey Sermon
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall, Jr.
Michael Carter
Rondale Moore
Dyami Brown
Amari Rodgers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Etienne, then Williams, then Waddle and Bateman, then Sermon and Moore and probably Carter? Probably not worth trading what it'll cost to get a 1st round rookie at this point, now that everyone has gotten hyped about them, but if any of those guys wouldn't cost much, go for it.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

sourdough posted:

Etienne, then Williams, then Waddle and Bateman, then Sermon and Moore and probably Carter? Probably not worth trading what it'll cost to get a 1st round rookie at this point, now that everyone has gotten hyped about them, but if any of those guys wouldn't cost much, go for it.

In dynasty I think Sermon has to be #3 if not higher, he could be the lead RB this year in an amazing rushing attack and Mostert is pushing 30, the long term outlook is incredible.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah that's fair, just don't feel super confident in him getting and keeping a strong lead role. People are more hyped for Elijah Mitchell than a typical late round rookie for the same reason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm in love with Waddle but I might be even more impressed with Elijah Moore. This is going to be an emotion pick and I might get burned but Moore is destroying camp.

Would you make fun of someone who picked Moore over Waddle in dynasty? I worry about Waddle's surgically repaired ankle and other receivers in Miami but Moore looks like an instant star in NY.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

kiimo posted:

I'm in love with Waddle but I might be even more impressed with Elijah Moore. This is going to be an emotion pick and I might get burned but Moore is destroying camp.

Would you make fun of someone who picked Moore over Waddle in dynasty? I worry about Waddle's surgically repaired ankle and other receivers in Miami but Moore looks like an instant star in NY.

Seems legit to me. I guess you could argue that Tua looks better than Wilson in camp so you’d rather have him as your QB but everyone who sees Moore has been raving. It’s certainly close enough that reasonable minds could differ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone traded up ahead of me for Waddle, makes sense. Now I have to decide between Moore and Rashod Bateman. I love Bateman. I don't love his situation as much as Moore though. I think Bateman could be the #1 guy for Baltimore but Sammy and Brown being there kind of muddies it up. I'm sure Baltimore fans will say ignore Lamar's past, Bateman is the starting X receiver they've always needed and he'll throw to Bateman but I'm not sure.

I just think the Jets are giddy with Moore and lining him up all over the field. I mostly love how he gets separation with ease. That's my favorite thing in a receiver and a good reason why I avoided N'Keal Harry in the past which worked out for me.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mandrews will be the top receiver and Watkins will play 4 games

Moore is on the Jets and I don't trust them until they prove literally anything

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
What's the standard structure for a 12 person league? We've just had one division and Sleeper randomizes the order you play people in and once you play everyone it starts over again. We then did 6 teams make the playoffs for a week 14-16 playoff.

I assume playoffs should start week 15 now. Should I change anything about who plays who?

We're also going to make next year a keeper so I'm interested in hearing what some standard rules are for that assuming it affects how people draft this year. Thanks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Playoffs should finish before the final week. Teams sitting their starters can really gently caress up a fantasy roster.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

KingKapalone posted:

What's the standard structure for a 12 person league? We've just had one division and Sleeper randomizes the order you play people in and once you play everyone it starts over again. We then did 6 teams make the playoffs for a week 14-16 playoff.

I assume playoffs should start week 15 now. Should I change anything about who plays who?

We're also going to make next year a keeper so I'm interested in hearing what some standard rules are for that assuming it affects how people draft this year. Thanks.

One division works. You could also do 2 divisions and the winner, leading point scorer, and second best record in each division gets in. Winners get week 15 byes. Finish the season at week 17.

There are a ton of rules for keepers. There isn't a standard but there are a lot of options:

- draft round keeper
- draft round + 1 keeper
- draft round, halved (round 12 keeper kept in round 6)

But you have to decide if players have a max keeper cost, and what waiver wire pickups cost.

There's also potential restricted keepers. Nobody drafted in first 3 rounds, for example. This gives the guy who picked last the first crack at all keeper-eligible players.

There's no real standard and it varies from league to league.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

kiimo posted:

Someone traded up ahead of me for Waddle, makes sense. Now I have to decide between Moore and Rashod Bateman. I love Bateman. I don't love his situation as much as Moore though. I think Bateman could be the #1 guy for Baltimore but Sammy and Brown being there kind of muddies it up. I'm sure Baltimore fans will say ignore Lamar's past, Bateman is the starting X receiver they've always needed and he'll throw to Bateman but I'm not sure.

I just think the Jets are giddy with Moore and lining him up all over the field. I mostly love how he gets separation with ease. That's my favorite thing in a receiver and a good reason why I avoided N'Keal Harry in the past which worked out for me.
I'm leaning Moore over Bateman for the same reasons. In a vacuum, I would like Bateman's athletic profile more but putting him on Baltimore will seriously cap his target ceiling whereas I think Moore is going to be Wilson's favorite target almost immediately and the Jets are likely to attempt 100+ passes more than the Ravens. The only knock on Moore is his size, which does concern me, but the rest of his game is so strong. Separation, YAC skills, deep play ability, and massive target shares over 30% in his last two years in college. He's a Tyler Lockett clone who shouldn't be stuck on a run first offense. Maybe the beatings in the NFL wear him down like they do Lockett but he's a potential target monster if he stays healthy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Always take your guy. You're gonna be way more upset if you're right and you passed on him than if you are wrong and grabbed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
My league is switching to keepers which raises the stakes but I have never been less interested in preparing for a draft, where do I get a ringer to draft for me?