Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
does The Game have what it takes to get the virus on Madagascar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

whoa i just noticed the galapagos are highlighted in red

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wall street was never going to accept someone like HHH to be the successor and its so much funnier reflecting on all his little extra credit projects to try to be taken more seriously as a businessman. do they even let him on the investor calls anymore?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Someone meme the towel being the WWE contract they re-offer people and Mr Perfect as HHH

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Road Dogg preferred the grey

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NXT uk
Hyah! *whip crack*

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did SRS say there were more releases coming or did I imagine that

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Seams posted:

Andrew Zarian from Mat Men said more would be coming, didn’t give a timeline I’m aware of.

Sapp did report that a WWE source told him that none of the plans they had when they started warehousing people panned out (an NXT in every country), so these releases are a consequence of moving on from that.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Seams posted:

respect srs' privacy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

srs-cov-2

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Nothing happened today that further cements the rapid decay of this shithole of a company that provides me an empty form of joy what the gently caress. :mad:

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Hirez posted:

Someone meme the towel being the WWE contract they re-offer people and Mr Perfect as HHH

Not a single camera cut.

No one tried in the 90s.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Ad by Khad posted:

putting a big single NXT logo on China, Korea and Japan to lump them all together is fightin' words to many people

lol

pro wrestling in korea is a non-starter because the business was ultra exposed in the 60s due to a murder trial so there wasn't any time for a culture to build around it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
no way jose

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

I love how this implies NXT would be doing shows in Svalbard. Gotta reach that seed vault demographic. :mmmhmm:

WWE, WWE
WWE hates NXT
They have a fight, WWE wins
WWE

NXT, NXT
Hit in the head with a cup of pee
Lives its life in the ol' PC
NXT

Are they a farm? Or are they a brand?
Are these cuts getting out of hand?
Who came up with NXT?
RIP Dusty
NXT.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

It's truly incredible how he want from a guy everybody likes who seemed to be on some kind of real path of success to an annoying loser in less than a year.

Ricochet

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

NXT, NXT
Hit in the head with a cup of pee
Lives its life in the ol' PC
NXT

Who came up with NXT?
RIP Dusty
NXT.

Is this Particle Man?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DogsInSpace! posted:

Is this Particle Man?

Yep, the Person Man verse.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think it is.

edit: ah, was wrong!

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

graph posted:

seriously, something thats not tied to hulu/fubo

Sling gets tnt in the base package and it’s what I use

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

DogsInSpace! posted:

Is this Particle Man?

Nah they cut Particle Man back in April.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

HMS Beagle posted:

Nah they cut Particle Man back in April.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Billie Jean

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I was just thinking about how the people making 2k22 probably have to scramble to remove any and all references to the 15 people WWE fires every week, meanwhile the people making AEW's video game are probably like "Hold on we get to put CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sting, AND Christian in our game???"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're def gonna put Stone Cold and The Rock on the cover to try to entice sales after all this poo poo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RBX posted:

They're def gonna put Stone Cold and The Rock on the cover to try to entice sales after all this poo poo.

No, you mean Sheamus.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RBX posted:

They're gonna be the only characters in the game by the time it comes out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RBX posted:

Very small Stone Cold and The Rock in the corner while the rest of the cover consists of multiple versions of Triple H

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

Very small Stone Cold and The Rock in the corner while the rest of the cover consists of multiple versions of Triple H

And they won't allow him to be shown in any positions of weakness.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

Nobody from NXT will be in the game?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

We are excited to announce the following superstars for WWE 2k22:

Terra Ryzing
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
HHH
Triple H
Trips
Tri
The Connecticut Blueblood
The Game
The Cerebral Assassin
The King of Kings
The Asskicker
The Creator And The Destroyer
Uncle Paul
Doofus Son-In-Law

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Terra Ryzing
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
HHH
Triple H
Trips
Tri
The Game
The Cerebral Assassin
The King of Kings
The Asskicker
Uncle Paul
Doofus Son-In-Law

You forgot the Skull King and Terminator HHH

Remember when Stephanie was bragging about all the Skull King movies and video games and tv shows they were definitely producing???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

It'll be like the Jackie Chan fighting game where if you beat Jackie Chan he just no-sells it and gives you a thumbs up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

Terra Ryzing
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
HHH
Triple H
Trips
Tri
The Game
The Cerebral Assassin
The King of Kings
The Asskicker
Uncle Paul
Doofus Son-In-Law

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

Nobody from NXT will be in the game?

Even when NXT was good they barely put anyone from it in the games. Like if you went into Universe Mode they'd basically just have whoever the champions were that year, the Undisputed Era, 2 or 3 women at best, and usually Pete Dunne would get thrown in even though he wasn't in NXT Prime then cause they didn't even attempt to acknowledge NXT UK.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

My instinct is to just laugh at the flailing mess that is WWE currently, but it actually makes me really quite sad.

Wrestling is at its best when there is competition - and even friendly rivalry - between promotions. Where one company putting on a great show inspires other companies to put on better shows. When Cody et al put together All In, I was excited partly because it was a fun awesome show but also because it meant competition rather than one dominant brand. When AEW established itself I had high naive hopes of an actual rivalry with different companies pushing for the best product they could make. It could, I thought, push WWE out of its doldrums while also providing a high quality alternative brand.

In this hope I'd underestimated how lazy WWE were and how inept they'd become. WWE were coasting because that's all they know how to do. And when it became necessary to do something else, they just started falling apart. Which is sad for them but also sad for wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

Who came up with NXT?
RIP Dusty
NXT.

NXT is a farm, much like DBry.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wall street was never going to accept someone like HHH to be the successor and its so much funnier reflecting on all his little extra credit projects to try to be taken more seriously as a businessman. do they even let him on the investor calls anymore?

I don't think its impossible that the investors would have accepted Triple H inheriting the company, but Meltzer made a good point that Triple H has been slapped with the label of beaten general. Vince picked the fight with AEW with the intent to crushing them, and he gave Triple H the job of getting that done with NXT, and in his and presumably most of the rest of the company leadership's eyes Triple H blew it. He got his rear end kicked overwhelmingly and consistently, and now the upstart opponent he was supposed to crush is threatening to start overtaking Main Roster shows in Demos, and before long maybe even total ratings.

Of course, anyone with any objectivity would recognize that AEW crushing NXT was not really Triple H's fault. NXT was already bleeding even before the show went on TV because of years upon years of Vince's mismanagement of talent once they were out of the NXT umbrella sapping the fanbase of their enthusiasm for the product because they could only feel that investing emotionally in these wrestlers was a waste because Vince would ruin them. On top of that as soon as they did go on TV all the things that had made NXT so successful as a brand were abandoned, by all accounts as a result of Vince's meddling, and replaced with hotshot booking and transparent attempts at counter-programming. On top of THAT Vince continued to inject NXT with dumb Main Roster tropes, forced the homogenization of the in-ring style, and continued to do everything he could to make most of the NXT roster look like geeks for the edification of the Main Roster Stars whenever he got the chance. Just look at how everyone but Keith Lee was treated in the Survivor Series match, or how Rhea Ripley was sacrificed on the altar of Charlotte.

Triple H and HBK and Road Dogg certainly don't have totally clean hands in NXT's fall, there fingerprints are absolutely on several big mis-steps, but at the end of the day Vince is the real guilty party here, and yet Triple H is the one left holding the bag. Its a good thing he's such a horrible person or you'd have to feel really bad for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wow, please do not spoil the entirety of WWE 2k22’s story mode?