Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Just pull for characters you like and see yourself using, it's not even this complicated.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sure, but also that's stupid if you're just gonna trot out "pull for what you like" when there are definitely people who like something and also want it to be good/better.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway

i was thinking about Sayu after the Rainslasher banner announcement and having prepped that 3* claymore. i dunno if EM weapons are gonna be a big thing for her until someone hits C6 and gets the EM benefits added to her burst. since her base deal is atk-scaling heals and having energy issues, it seems like the weapon sweet spot would be higher base atk and/or ER or atk% substat.

artifacts in that C6 situation make my brain sore but just like people mathed out all of Kazuha's bs, i'm sure Sayu will get the same treatment when it comes to stuff like your sands/weapon combo and what to do with the hat. cup seems like safe to run EM in regardless of C# though? and you go for EM/ER subs elsewhere.

kater posted:

isnt it an ayaka weaponoko

no this is the claymore with the stupid genre of passive where you pay 3 energy during your skill to regen 9+ over time. basically something that sounds good for a few seconds then you realize it ruins any situation where you're trying to use a skill and burst while swapping through your team. in two years when there's a new Fontaine claymore i will surely regret using these billets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My rough understanding of Sayu is she's atk/ER until C6 where she's EM/ER. As for anemo cup vs atk cup I'd have to see how her healing feels. She'll probably end up with an atk hat either way because I do not have enough crit rate VV hats.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

drat, there are some bleak quests in Inazuma. Giving Albert and Childish Jiang a run for their money.

Wasn't sure if this 3 kairagi fight was supposed to be so easy. All the guides on Youtube cut out the fight part for some reason :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/vAUkw26.mp4

I would expect nothing from the nation based off the real life country that is on this big suffering kick of late with it's media and that has the most oppressive Archon so far. Still not exactly sure how the traveler is supposed to make buddies with someone like Baal the same way as Venti and Zhong Li some time in the next few weeks or how her personality and role in the story is going to change that drastically within the next couple story chapters. The last act is called Omnipresence Over Mortals which doesn't exactly sound welcoming.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

My rough understanding of Sayu is she's atk/ER until C6 where she's EM/ER. As for anemo cup vs atk cup I'd have to see how her healing feels. She'll probably end up with an atk hat either way because I do not have enough crit rate VV hats.

I'm disappointed that it seems like she's got ER issues, at least until C4. There goes my plan of opening up a slot on a Xiao team :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well, off-field 80 energy burst always has ER issues. If the regen on her hold E is really good she could still fit with Xiao.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What is up with the Noblesse Oblige domain Abyss Mages straight up deleting you with the ice fog and fire blasts? This is on the first level too.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol just remembered Yoimiya's passive is a partial refund when crafting certain furniture

I had to look this up to see if it's true and jeazus chriiiiist. It doesn't even make sense for the character

If they're going to add a useless passive, at least make it a cosmetic one, like all characters in her party add fireworks to their skill an/or burst when she's in the party.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

What is up with the Noblesse Oblige domain Abyss Mages straight up deleting you with the ice fog and fire blasts? This is on the first level too.

Melt and Vaporize are multiplicative reactions, so yeah, you will take a shitton of damage from them.

How quickly can you pop their shields?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I had to look this up to see if it's true and jeazus chriiiiist. It doesn't even make sense for the character

If they're going to add a useless passive, at least make it a cosmetic one, like all characters in her party add fireworks to their skill an/or burst when she's in the party.

That would be the best passive in the game

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kale posted:

I would expect nothing from the nation based off the real life country that is on this big suffering kick of late with it's media and that has the most oppressive Archon so far. Still not exactly sure how the traveler is supposed to make buddies with someone like Baal the same way as Venti and Zhong Li some time in the next few weeks or how her personality and role in the story is going to change that drastically within the next couple story chapters. The last act is called Omnipresence Over Mortals which doesn't exactly sound welcoming.

I don't think we're going to make friends with Baal. We didn't really make friends with Childe. I wonder if she's even going to survive.I don't see her willingly giving up her gnosis, but I do see the Fatui getting it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The next banner is reminding me a lot of the Klee rerun: two 4*s I really, really want, one 4* I don't, and a 5* I'm indifferent to. Which means I expect it to go about the same way for me, so I'm looking forward to my C6 Xinyan and Yoimiya without a single Diona or Sayu :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ice fog just does insane damage. Fire blasts make it worse but ice fog is just crazy for some reason.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I hate ice fog because its hard to notice sometimes. Like, poo poo why is my character suddenly dying.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My biggest issue with this game is that some DOTs do not have sufficient feedback for me to realize my character is quickly dying. Ice fog is awful, even worse if you’re affected by hydro. The electro-hydro interrupting stun is annoying too.

The fire DOT was kind of funny when it was over-tuned, at least.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If her passive was a percent chance to create a firework blast after defeating an enemy to draw aggro, that would be kinda neat

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I mean it's her first passive those are dubious for lots of characters. At least it's a 100% chance to refund some mats unlike Diluc's claymore refund. :shrug:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

MajorBonnet posted:

I don't think we're going to make friends with Baal. We didn't really make friends with Childe.

Maybe she also has a kid brother who is charmingly naive.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is there a vendor who sells Sakura blooms? I got Ayaka yesterday and I’m really short on them.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mill Village posted:

Is there a vendor who sells Sakura blooms? I got Ayaka yesterday and I’m really short on them.

I don't think so, just use the interactive map to find them all. It'll take about 3 respawns worth to get enough for full ascension.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Apparently things have gotten so bad in the community that TenTen had to come out of his vacation to make a video telling people to STOP making GBS threads on others for rolling for Yoimiya because they like her.

As someone who is gonna roll for her regardless: I hope to god this makes them buff her because as much as it won't make any real difference to me clearing Abyss if she's bad. Right now she seriously looks like a bottom 5 unit out of all the units in the entire game.

People take the absolute weirdest poo poo so personally in weeb communities that really no rational person ever should. Like why should anyone give a gently caress if someone else wants to roll on a character or not. Thats beyond bizarre to me. I've never gotten this attempt to enforce strict concensus opinions on what to watch, play, think, feel and comment about in the anime otaku community (especially twitter but just in general) that should just come down to personal preference and do in just about any other case besides dealing with anime otaku communities.

Its literally why I stopped interacting with it though post twitter. Everyone's just so terminally butthurt all the time and the degree to which an echo chamber is demanded out of it by some people that i guess hold swah or something had almost become pathological. I really really don't get it to this day but it makes me glad i never got involved in social media to begin with if that's what its truly become like.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 8, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone who doesn't pull for Klee is a personal enemy of mine

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I hate ice fog because its hard to notice sometimes. Like, poo poo why is my character suddenly dying.

It's really bad if you're hitting the ice mage with electro. All those electro hits will cause superconduct, which makes an icy fog effect, which is cosmetic and does nothing. But then there's this other icy fog that just obliterates your HP.

Kale
May 14, 2010

But yeah I've been noticing this for a bit now like what is some peoples absolute issue with Yoimiya and why is it so seemingly all encompassingly important. Like pull or don't and let people do what the gently caress they want. Not a remotely hard concept for a well adjusted human being with priorities.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

has anybody else run into hitting environmental fire with electro and having the overload reaction just stick around and keep going off? it's very funny but I do keep blowing myself up accidentally

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

relaly the genshin fandom drama isnt about 'weebs' so much as insane 14 year olds

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah there's this one mat in a samurai camp by a beach that catches fire seemingly forever. If I use any electro near it I get explosions for a while (though the pyro eventually gets consumed after that).

I'll try to find it again.

EDIT:
It's here if you want to test out exploding yourself for a bit.

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 8, 2021

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Toraen posted:

Yeah there's this one mat in a samurai camp by a beach that catches fire seemingly forever. If I use any electro near it I get explosions for a while (though the pyro eventually gets consumed after that).

I'll try to find it again.

That's the exact one. I feel like I saw it somewhere else too, but it seems like it always happens there.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the genshin children on twitter are especially demented for whatever reason. its kinda cool, im always pumped to check the replies to whatever genshin tweet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I mean it's her first passive those are dubious for lots of characters. At least it's a 100% chance to refund some mats unlike Diluc's claymore refund. :shrug:

Diluc's passive is a guaranteed refund, the 15% is the amount of refund. the only RNG aspect to it is whether that refund comes out as 7 or 8 chunks of each ore, so it's a fine little band-aid to you having to use precious crystal/amethyst ores for things other than exp. i do think unless you are just a huge teapot head there is very little exciting about Yoimiya's vs even a "faster expeditions" one or having a second character with swimming stamina reduction etc. hers only affects a couple furnishing categories and the materials are all so plentiful and easy to come by that refunding them is a blip compared to Ganyu/Zhongli/Diluc handing back ore that is otherwise on a 2-3 day timer.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kale posted:

But yeah I've been noticing this for a bit now like what is some peoples absolute issue with Yoimiya and why is it so seemingly all encompassingly important. Like pull or don't and let people do what the gently caress they want. Not a remotely hard concept for a well adjusted human being with priorities.

So you're saying Yoimiya is the new Keqing. :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Diluc's passive is a guaranteed refund, the 15% is the amount of refund. the only RNG aspect to it is whether that refund comes out as 7 or 8 chunks of each ore, so it's a fine little band-aid to you having to use precious crystal/amethyst ores for things other than exp. i do think unless you are just a huge teapot head there is very little exciting about Yoimiya's vs even a "faster expeditions" one or having a second character with swimming stamina reduction etc. hers only affects a couple furnishing categories and the materials are all so plentiful and easy to come by that refunding them is a blip compared to Ganyu/Zhongli/Diluc handing back ore that is otherwise on a 2-3 day timer.

I think I'd rather have "slight refund on some furniture" than "faster expeditions" since I have literally never checked expeditions more often than once a day.

Passives that show poo poo on the map and give more weapon/character/talent ascension mats are where it's at.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sometimes i log in for the day and my slow guys aren't actually done, so i'd have to pop back in to get them later 😔

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

People have this expectation that every 5* unit has to be ridiculously busted and they have no concept of a 5* support existing. See: what happened with Zhongli. He was fine even at launch but he didn't do damage so people were super pissy about it. Granted it did bring about his resistance shred and being able to put a stele out and get a shield at the same time which are both nice quality of life things but the most busted thing about him (the shield) was the same from the start.

Not to say that Yoimiya is a support, she's clearly meant to be damage focused. And I think it's too early to call her poo poo just because her numbers look weird on paper because playtesting will go a long way in really determining how poo poo works and how good or bad a character will actually be.

But people just look at the numbers and go "oh my god this 5* unit does poo poo damage this is a loving outrage and if you pull for her you're an idiot" because people have 0 foresight.

I dunno man it's all kinda stupid.

EDIT:

dogsicle posted:

Oh well I stand corrected on that one, my bad. Still I don't particularly put much thought into exploration passives honestly. It's nice when they are good like material crafting refunds/doubling and stuff but I'm never pulling for a character because of it. They just are like neat bonuses.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 8, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I wouldn't know about a lot of this drama, since I'm relatively tuned out of Genshin Impact discourse, but I don't think there's much value in endlessly dragging every internet hot take into the spotlight either. A lot of times this stuff really doesn't amount to anything larger. When Eula came out there was also a couple of people that got spooked by a big old nothing controversy that some nobodies on twitter tried to create and at some point we're really just internet poisoning ourselves to no benefit.
It's a curiosity, but not necessarily one that needs to be signal boosted before its even a thing.

Who is that TenTen person even?

People find reasons to dislike every 5 star that isn't stupidly broken and Zhongli has shown that if people raise enough of a ruckus, the developer might actually go and make the character stupidly overpowered. So it's not like there hasn't been a precedent.
Seems like just another part of the character gacha life cycle. If it isn't meta-game breaking, it's garbage crap, et cetera.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

feel like more than anything, yoimiya's the victim of being sandwiched between ayaka and baal. otherwise people would have just been indifferent like pre release kazuha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, there are people that absolutely think Baal is bad.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i wouldn't mind that "steal 2 items from the fatui" quest if the game actually let me take those items. half the time i try to grab an item, nothing happens. i'm not in battle or being aggroed or anything, it just doesn't register me trying to pick up the item. those extra few seconds of me failing to pick up the item is usually what causes me to get seen and have to fight everyone anyways. it sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've just started walking in and opening by murdering everybody. I'm assuming it'll cycle through the same ones eventually, but for now when I don't know where the stupid items are at and I'm running around looking for the arrows it's just faster to kill everyone and then figure it out.