Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We need to go deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Saitama going from yelling in agony, then smash cut to his silly-drawn face saying "there I'm adjusted now" might be my favorite thing the manga has done in a long time!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

classic onsen reaction

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pik_d posted:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/tUE1KAa/1/1/

Haven't had time to check (on my phone) hope this is the correct link for the translation

lmao

this is the good poo poo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

lmao, just read it back and it looks like Oochi is the sacrifice instead of the god.

Yep, it looks like the humans sacrifice monsters who sacrifice orochi.

This and some of the previous redraws and additions make it pretty clear god isn't a good guy

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Darth TNT posted:

god isn't a good guy

Ya think? :thunk:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
If you look very close the mural actually represents Vaccine Man.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The jury is still out.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That was a really cool redraw. I agree Saitama is on the verge of becoming too goofy there (It's like he's channeling Bugs Bunny or something) but the rest was pretty neat

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Enough with the redraws imo

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

No.

From now on, Saitama will only show up in the redraws. The manga will progress with the hero association moving onwards to new adventures, and we will only see Saitama 3 times a year, when they redraw earlier and earlier fights. When Vaccine Man's fight is finally revisited, only then will we know peace.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I am hopeful that the latest chapters already reflect the new continuity of the redraw (e.g. Pig God saving the disciples and mercenaries from Evil Natural Water, and Zombie Man from Homeless Emperor; showing the altar when Tatsumaki finishes off Oorochi), and maybe (hopefully) the major redraws remaining will just be a few more chapters in the next volume.

For this latest redraw, it seems like at least part of the motivation is to provide an exciting and satisfying end to season 3 of the anime. In that regard I would say this is a pretty good improvement.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
If orochi died on the altar then how did Tatsu fight him? If he didn't die then that kind of messes up the impact here.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

GodFish posted:

If orochi died on the altar then how did Tatsu fight him? If he didn't die then that kind of messes up the impact here.

He clearly didn't die here.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

oh jay posted:

No.

From now on, Saitama will only show up in the redraws. The manga will progress with the hero association moving onwards to new adventures, and we will only see Saitama 3 times a year, when they redraw earlier and earlier fights. When Vaccine Man's fight is finally revisited, only then will we know peace.

Ah, so that's how we find out Vaccine Man really was the strongest, by killing Saitama.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The redraw RAW link is 404 for me now

Does anyone know the viz chapter # this corresponds to? Its not 115

edit: nm its american chapter 106, after re-reading the old chapter I gotta say I raelly like the new one a lot! My only complaint is i liked Saitama stopping orochi from monologuing

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 30, 2021

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Man this arc is gonna be tricky to animate with all the retcons going on in this drat base.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Parrotine posted:

Man this arc is gonna be tricky to animate with all the retcons going on in this drat base.

One Punch man Infinite 8 but its different every time

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Into the punchverse.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There has to be someone who has been keeping track of which chapters got redrawn.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I've definitely seen that post on the subreddit, but hell if I can find it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Poor Orochi thought he was the main character

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

GodFish posted:

saitama killed him in the previous version, too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

saitama killed him in the previous version, too.

Yea in the previous version Saitama stops Orcohi's monologue and tells him to apologize for being noisy under his house and Orochi is like "finally someone who i can go all out on" and Saitama punches his dragon heads until finally rocket punching through Orochi's chest. I like the redraw to change it so saitama 1 shots him instead of Orochi taking a bunch of punches to various body parts.

The biggest thing the next redraw needs to address is all of orochi's goop which gets everywhere from him exploding.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Poor Orochi thought he was the main character

This chapter sorta kinda makes you sympathize with Orochi. His backstory seems to be pretty horrific, and the fact that he thought he was destined for greater things, despite actually just being fodder for a higher power is sort of tragic (disregarding, of course, that Orochi himself is absolutely irredeemable). I don't know what Psychos' whole deal is, but she seems like a complete psychopath given the scope and scale of what she did in creating the monster association.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Parrotine posted:

When things get printed to a volume they become final.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Jerkface posted:

One Punch man Infinite 8 but its different every time

OP Man Infinite 8 Phoenix Man fights

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Actually now that Orochi got got like a few miles further into the bowls of the earth then before I guess Murata is going to go back and redraw some more chapters to explain how his blood got all the way back up to mess with Pyskos. He's not even been blown to that many pieces.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saitama did smack him around a little before they went down to the temple.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I wanna say there's a panel where you can see a chunk breaking off Orochi to serve as foreshadowing/set up that thread.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The squirt gun was a brilliant joke. I get why someone would think Saitama dicking around like that kind of conflicts with his character, but I can't help but love the creativity.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Supersonic Shine posted:

The squirt gun was a brilliant joke. I get why someone would think Saitama dicking around like that kind of conflicts with his character, but I can't help but love the creativity.

I feel like the whole redraw was done because that idea popped into Murata's head and he couldn't resist. It was a very good gag

e: in general though yeah I am not a fan of the redraws but Murata can do what he wants, this is the only anime/manga thing I still follow at this point since Miura died and it's because the art is just consistently so dang good

Revins fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 8, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Revins posted:

I feel like the whole redraw was done because that idea popped into Murata's head and he couldn't resist. It was a very good gag

e: in general though yeah I am not a fan of the redraws but Murata can do what he wants, this is the only anime/manga thing I still follow at this point since Miura died and it's because the art is just consistently so dang good

ONE is the one writing everything how many times do I have to reiterate.

ONE gives Murata freedom to expand fight scenes (like Genos vs. Elder Centipede) but most everything else is first drafted by him and if he doesn't like something Murata will all but fall over himself to correct it. Like in the Garou vs. Metal Bat fight Murata initially had MB ricochet a sewer cover back at Garou, but ONE said it didn't fit his character so Murata removed it.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 8, 2021

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

skaianDestiny posted:

Like in the Garou vs. Metal Bat fight Murata initially had MB ricochet a sewer cover back at Garou, but ONE said it didn't fit his character so Murata removed it.

Using a baseball bat to strike back a thrown object was wrong?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mystic Mongol posted:

Using a baseball bat to strike back a thrown object was wrong?

Initially Murata had the sewer cover hit Garou after being ricochet between several objects. ONE said that MB wasn't smart enough to do that, so it was changed to MB just hitting it away.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah, he's Metal Bat, not Metal Ricochet or Metal Baseballer or something. His weapon is the bat, not the things he hits with the bat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Metal bat
King of foul balls into the stands

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
If, during a game of baseball, you hit the ball so hard it literally explodes, shouldn't that be an automatic home run?

Don't need to aim if you can just obliterate the ball every time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but what about that pitch which disintegrated a bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

ONE is the one writing everything how many times do I have to reiterate.

ONE gives Murata freedom to expand fight scenes (like Genos vs. Elder Centipede) but most everything else is first drafted by him and if he doesn't like something Murata will all but fall over himself to correct it. Like in the Garou vs. Metal Bat fight Murata initially had MB ricochet a sewer cover back at Garou, but ONE said it didn't fit his character so Murata removed it.

You'll never persuade them about his. I have repeated this to the same people for years.